• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Burg' @ Clarendon week 5

Started by Dragonsvoice, September 25, 2015, 10:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

LOL folks take this to a room and let's all hope the Lions get it together and beats Mountain Burg.

JimmyTiger2001

Miss lion does get pretty worked up. It's entertaining, pick. And yeah, Clarendon refs are horrible.

JimmyTiger2001

But the announcer is entertaining.

Bob

Does the home or away team bring the pillows for this fight?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on September 30, 2015, 02:05:38 pm
Mom you wouldn't because you're one of them.
And we think that of Brinkley as well...everybody thinks that about every other team.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 30, 2015, 02:09:55 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on September 30, 2015, 01:43:33 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 30, 2015, 06:56:33 am
Quote from: MomaLion on September 30, 2015, 03:31:59 am
It was out of line and you know it.  There are kids that get on here and that was just bullying.  I pray that you never know what it's like to struggle.  Those kids give their best effort week in and week out..except against PW, still don't understand that one...and deserve some respect.

Wasn't it you, who the other day, said yall just use football to stay in shape for basketball?
It's obvious that you don't understand humor.

So it's ok for you to put down your school, because you call it humor? What about the kids you are so worried about reading my post, what if they don't understand you bad attempt at humor?
Well, i'm pretty sure any of today's kids understand lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on September 30, 2015, 05:01:23 pm
Miss lion does get pretty worked up. It's entertaining, pick. And yeah, Clarendon refs are horrible.
Are you really that clueless?  Clarendon refs? I'm certain that we don't pick them nor are they from Clarendon.  Take your blinders off and see that refs are bad all over the state.

big E

Exactly they are bad everywhere.

Bob

Bad everywhere? Why aren't more of the people who are more knowledgeable in the stands doing their best to get our there and ref?

MomaLion

Quote from: Bob on October 01, 2015, 06:44:58 am
Bad everywhere? Why aren't more of the people who are more knowledgeable in the stands doing their best to get our there and ref?
Who would want to ref with the crazy parents???

BrianfromCarlisle

Bob

Quote from: MomaLion on October 01, 2015, 06:49:05 am

Not me....it looks to much like excercise..

AlumniLights

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:35:09 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 11:27:05 pm
You haven't heard it from me and I've seen Mountainburg play both of those years. This is one of the better Dragon teams in the 2010s.

I'll say it...this is the best Hector team since 2006. We made 2nd round of 3A playoffs that year, and woulda shoulda coulda beat Harding Academy in their house that year...so we'll see in a couple weeks...

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:27:59 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:20:44 pm
Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:15:19 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:32:39 pm
This game will probably be closer then you think. Burg may be 4-0 but you guys have played nobody. I think Burg wins, but this game will be closer then expected.
the hornets have only played Hector.

Not so fast....Two Rivers beat Booneville tonight...
that's impressive. But if I went by what the burg does against the same teams we are in the same league with Hackett with scores and yards

Burg does against what same teams? Only common opponent you share is Decatur..Hackett beat them 44-6, Mountainburg won 49-0...

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:32:28 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:24:53 pm
Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:22:27 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 25, 2015, 11:03:53 pm
I think they will be surprised by the Lions speed. I think Clarendon in An upset.  BUUUT....if Clarendon turns it over even once, then they will get beat pretty soundly.
the burg wil be surprised but if the lions turn it over once they will lose ???? One turnover doesn't mean failure we turned it over three time tonight still a W.

I think he means that if Clarendon turns it over, then they quit on themselves...

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 11:14:43 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:56:40 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 10:53:02 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:50:58 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on September 25, 2015, 10:47:51 pm
I heard it said tonight that MB wanted us to come to them and we said no so they offered to come to us and we pay them $500 , we said no that we'd keep our open date so they agreed to come with no pay.

I personally think Burg is overrated. They may prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Hope yall win, burg is our rival lol.

They are a good team. Big and physical. Improved from last year.

They were big and physical last year, their offense with the Stephenson kid who was supposed to be an all-star wasn't much of an all-star against Hector and Hackett. We went on to win 39-9 and he didn't move the ball much.

Mountainburg is more physical and big this year. More balanced, too. They can hang with Hector and Hackett.

We've heard this the past two years....
2014---Hector 43 Burg 6
2013---Hector 42 Burg 7
2012 burg 41 wildcats 19 .

2012...First year Coach Taylor was at Hector...

Solid football team in 06. Rust was always so patient with his Dead-T offense. But then again, you have to be. Haha. They were an impressive unit that year with Watson, White, Storm and Tyler Robertson(who I believe was a freshman that year and played FB). I believe he and couple others went to Pottsville once Rust took the job the next year. As for the Mountainburg hooplah, you hear it every year...big, physical, etc etc. Yet it never pans out when they step into the light in the playoffs...but I could be wrong...we shall see.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bob on October 01, 2015, 07:01:27 am
Quote from: MomaLion on October 01, 2015, 06:49:05 am

Not me....it looks to much like excercise..
Lol, that too.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: AlumniLights on October 01, 2015, 07:10:33 am
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:35:09 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 11:27:05 pm
You haven't heard it from me and I've seen Mountainburg play both of those years. This is one of the better Dragon teams in the 2010s.

I'll say it...this is the best Hector team since 2006. We made 2nd round of 3A playoffs that year, and woulda shoulda coulda beat Harding Academy in their house that year...so we'll see in a couple weeks...

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:27:59 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:20:44 pm
Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:15:19 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:32:39 pm
This game will probably be closer then you think. Burg may be 4-0 but you guys have played nobody. I think Burg wins, but this game will be closer then expected.
the hornets have only played Hector.

Not so fast....Two Rivers beat Booneville tonight...
that's impressive. But if I went by what the burg does against the same teams we are in the same league with Hackett with scores and yards

Burg does against what same teams? Only common opponent you share is Decatur..Hackett beat them 44-6, Mountainburg won 49-0...

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:32:28 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:24:53 pm
Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:22:27 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 25, 2015, 11:03:53 pm
I think they will be surprised by the Lions speed. I think Clarendon in An upset.  BUUUT....if Clarendon turns it over even once, then they will get beat pretty soundly.
the burg wil be surprised but if the lions turn it over once they will lose ???? One turnover doesn't mean failure we turned it over three time tonight still a W.

I think he means that if Clarendon turns it over, then they quit on themselves...

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 11:14:43 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:56:40 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 10:53:02 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:50:58 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on September 25, 2015, 10:47:51 pm
I heard it said tonight that MB wanted us to come to them and we said no so they offered to come to us and we pay them $500 , we said no that we'd keep our open date so they agreed to come with no pay.

I personally think Burg is overrated. They may prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Hope yall win, burg is our rival lol.

They are a good team. Big and physical. Improved from last year.

They were big and physical last year, their offense with the Stephenson kid who was supposed to be an all-star wasn't much of an all-star against Hector and Hackett. We went on to win 39-9 and he didn't move the ball much.

Mountainburg is more physical and big this year. More balanced, too. They can hang with Hector and Hackett.

We've heard this the past two years....
2014---Hector 43 Burg 6
2013---Hector 42 Burg 7
2012 burg 41 wildcats 19 .

2012...First year Coach Taylor was at Hector...

Solid football team in 06. Rust was always so patient with his Dead-T offense. But then again, you have to be. Haha. They were an impressive unit that year with Watson, White, Storm and Tyler Robertson(who I believe was a freshman that year and played FB). I believe he and couple others went to Pottsville once Rust took the job the next year. As for the Mountainburg hooplah, you hear it every year...big, physical, etc etc. Yet it never pans out when they step into the light in the playoffs...but I could be wrong...we shall see.

Not just playoffs but when it comes to conference too. They've never won a conference championship! I hear it every year that it is their year, and it has yet to happened and won't happen this year.

AlumniLights

Lions84

MomaLion

Game day...safe travels for Mountainburg and let's "git it" Lions :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on October 02, 2015, 03:49:14 am
Game day...safe travels for Mountainburg and let's "git it" Lions :)

Get the win and don't let the 6 down. Go clarendon!

BrianfromCarlisle

Hornet4ever

I know I'm supposed to rep my conference but I can't on this one. I graduated from Hackett and Burg was our rival since and still is. A good game for Mountainburg in my opinion is a loss. Come on Clarendon pull it off. Tired of hearing about Burg being 4-0

JimmyTiger2001

Don't embarass our conference Clarendon. We have a reputation to uphold. Beat these guys.

Ventman

Dragonsvoice

is someone going to be posting scores tonight in real time. couldn't make the trip wish I could be there.
GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets make it 5-0!!

Lions84

MomaLion

I will report scores quarterly if my internet connection holds lol...at&t is sketchy in Clarendon.

MomaLion

Touchdown Lions with 1044 left in 1st
7/0 Lions

MomaLion

MomaLion

MomaLion

Touchdown Lions 14-7 with 531 in 1st

Hornet4ever

MomaLion

Touchdown dragons
14-14
307 left in 1st

MomaLion

Touchdown Lions
Clarendon 21
Dragons 14
End of 1st

beach bum

Quote from: MomaLion on October 02, 2015, 07:42:39 pm
Touchdown Lions
Clarendon 21
Dragons 14
End of 1st

Even if Mountainburg pulls this off they are in a boat load of trouble.... just wait until Hector's offense gets a hold of them next week. A game is 4 quarters and not over but this is quite impressive from Clarendon's offense.

Hornet4ever

MomaLion

MomaLion

Touchdown dragons
21-28 Dragons
45 mins til half

MomaLion

Touchdown dragons
21-35
3 mins left in half
Hope coach sets em straight at half.

MomaLion

Touchdown Lions
28-35
44 secs in half
Lots of personal fouls

MomaLion

beach bum

I am assuming the RB for Mountainburg has at least 200 already on the ground with that many points already....

Hornet4ever

Sounds like neither team has a defense.

MomaLion

Clarendon gave up
Clarendon 28
Mountainburg 63
2 mins left in 3rd

Dragonsvoice

What happened were is all the na Sayers at? 63 to 28 The burg!

mtindian42

Lol people keep on doubting the burg... And they just keep on winning... Congrats to moutainburg

Dragonsvoice

Congrats to my dragons. We beat are first test. Next huge test is hector can't wait I am gonna make that game only a hour and half away. Good luck both teams!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 02, 2015, 10:12:25 pm
Congrats to my dragons. We beat are first test. Next huge test is hector can't wait I am gonna make that game only a hour and half away. Good luck both teams!!

First test? Clarendon hasn't won a game all year not much of a test, i.m.o.

MomaLion

I have to agree with Pick. Clarendon held in the first half and that is far better than any game we've had this year. Burgs downfall will be the personal fouls when the score is tight...as soon as they pulled ahead the personal fouls stopped.

Dragonsvoice

I was just going on what  "hf and hornet fever". Said!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas