• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Burg' @ Clarendon week 5

Started by Dragonsvoice, September 25, 2015, 10:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

Don't know much about  the lions. Burg wins this one I believe. Long road trip though? Congrats to UCA on the win!

Hornet4ever

This game will probably be closer then you think. Burg may be 4-0 but you guys have played nobody. I think Burg wins, but this game will be closer then expected.

MomaLion

Lions have athletes for sure, we just need to get it all together. I'm shocked that y'all wanted to make that long trip though.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: MomaLion on September 25, 2015, 10:41:32 pm
Lions have athletes for sure, we just need to get it all together. I'm shocked that y'all wanted to make that long trip though.

Probably the only team with an open slot.

MomaLion

I heard it said tonight that MB wanted us to come to them and we said no so they offered to come to us and we pay them $500 , we said no that we'd keep our open date so they agreed to come with no pay.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: MomaLion on September 25, 2015, 10:47:51 pm
I heard it said tonight that MB wanted us to come to them and we said no so they offered to come to us and we pay them $500 , we said no that we'd keep our open date so they agreed to come with no pay.

I personally think Burg is overrated. They may prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Hope yall win, burg is our rival lol.

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:50:58 pm

I personally think Burg is overrated. They may prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Hope yall win, burg is our rival lol.

They are a good team. Big and physical. Improved from last year.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 10:53:02 pm

They were big and physical last year, their offense with the Stephenson kid who was supposed to be an all-star wasn't much of an all-star against Hector and Hackett. We went on to win 39-9 and he didn't move the ball much.

MomaLion

JimmyTiger2001

Mama for your sake and to make our conference look good, I hope Clarendon wins.

MomaLion

BrianfromCarlisle

I think they will be surprised by the Lions speed. I think Clarendon in An upset.  BUUUT....if Clarendon turns it over even once, then they will get beat pretty soundly.

MomaLion

That's definitely an issue this season.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on September 25, 2015, 11:01:23 pm
Mama for your sake and to make our conference look good, I hope Clarendon wins.

This will be Burg's first real game this season. Cedarville this year isn't the usual Cedarville they are way down. But from talk I've heard is that Clarendon is down too. So who knows. Burg plays Hector in a couple weeks. That will really give a good scope on just how good the Dragons are this year.

WPWells

MomaLion

Clarendon has been down for several years...We always have athletes but coaching changes every couple years has hurt us. But we do play in one of the toughest conferences.

Dragonsvoice

me too

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:56:40 pm

They were big and physical last year, their offense with the Stephenson kid who was supposed to be an all-star wasn't much of an all-star against Hector and Hackett. We went on to win 39-9 and he didn't move the ball much.

Mountainburg is more physical and big this year. More balanced, too. They can hang with Hector and Hackett.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:32:39 pm
This game will probably be closer then you think. Burg may be 4-0 but you guys have played nobody. I think Burg wins, but this game will be closer then expected.
the hornets have only played Hector.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 25, 2015, 10:45:06 pm

Probably the only team with an open slot.
yup!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:15:19 pm

Not so fast....Two Rivers beat Booneville tonight...

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 25, 2015, 11:03:53 pm
I think they will be surprised by the Lions speed. I think Clarendon in An upset.  BUUUT....if Clarendon turns it over even once, then they will get beat pretty soundly.
the burg wil be surprised but if the lions turn it over once they will lose ???? One turnover doesn't mean failure we turned it over three time tonight still a W.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:22:27 pm
the burg wil be surprised but if the lions turn it over once they will lose ???? One turnover doesn't mean failure we turned it over three time tonight still a W.

I think he means that if Clarendon turns it over, then they quit on themselves...

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 11:14:43 pm

Mountainburg is more physical and big this year. More balanced, too. They can hang with Hector and Hackett.

We've heard this the past two years....
2014---Hector 43 Burg 6
2013---Hector 42 Burg 7

JimmyTiger2001

I've only seen Clarendon play but if I was betting I'd put my money on Burg.

AT

You haven't heard it from me and I've seen Mountainburg play both of those years. This is one of the better Dragon teams in the 2010s.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:20:44 pm

that's impressive. But if I went by what the burg does against the same teams we are in the same league with Hackett with scores and yards

JimmyTiger2001

Two Rivers coach just came from Palestine-Wheatley, and was an assistant at Brinkley before that. He knows his stuff. There's a bright future with Coach Havner and the Two River Gators.

MomaLion

We turned it over a few times tonight but we often get it right back.

jbtiger73

I know one thing. The burg better Get used to mr.Ellis, the pa announcer. You're definitely gonna be entertained.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:24:53 pm

I think he means that if Clarendon turns it over, then they quit on themselves...

2014---Hector 43 Burg 6
2013---Hector 42 Burg 7
2012 burg 41 wildcats 19 .

MomaLion

Lots of supposition but it'll all play out next Friday...I just pray for a fun, injury free game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 25, 2015, 11:27:05 pm
You haven't heard it from me and I've seen Mountainburg play both of those years. This is one of the better Dragon teams in the 2010s.

I'll say it...this is the best Hector team since 2006. We made 2nd round of 3A playoffs that year, and woulda shoulda coulda beat Harding Academy in their house that year...so we'll see in a couple weeks...

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:27:59 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:20:44 pm

that's impressive. But if I went by what the burg does against the same teams we are in the same league with Hackett with scores and yards

Burg does against what same teams? Only common opponent you share is Decatur..Hackett beat them 44-6, Mountainburg won 49-0...

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:32:28 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:24:53 pm

2014---Hector 43 Burg 6
2013---Hector 42 Burg 7
2012 burg 41 wildcats 19 .

2012...First year Coach Taylor was at Hector...

HorseFeathers

Oh yeah....Hope the dragons beat Clarendon and represent the 4-2A well in nonconference...

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 25, 2015, 11:31:30 pm
I know one thing. The burg better Get used to mr.Ellis, the pa announcer. You're definitely gonna be entertained.
I personally think that every away game we play should hire him to announce lol. He's so much fun.

jbtiger73

He might make them boys from up north a lil nervous.  Lol

Dragonsvoice

for Clarendon?

Hornet4ever

The whole ordeal ruined it for me last year with 'Burg. We heard all week about "speed, speed and more speed" from the amazing running back. He came to Hackett and didn't do anything. Our offense did as we pleased and gave up a field goal and a touchdown on the sophomores to win 39-9. Plus the fact that Hackett has a better team this year and we lost to Hector. Anyways back on point, I think Burg wins this against Clarendon (maybe) and loses by 2+ touchdowns to Hector and Hackett both. Prove me wrong Mountainburg. I take my crow however it is served.  ;D

JimmyTiger2001

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: MomaLion on September 25, 2015, 11:34:10 pm
Lots of supposition but it'll all play out next Friday...I just pray for a fun, injury free game.
I agree to many injuries tonight. Hope everyone ok JCW.

HorseFeathers

Hornet...What if Dragonsvoice decides to serve it raw....and still in the feather?

MomaLion

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:39:56 pm
for Clarendon?
Yes, he's the best announcer I've ever heard and is generally as complimentary to the visiting team as he is to us.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:35:48 pm
Oh yeah....Hope the dragons beat Clarendon and represent the 4-2A well in nonconference...
I am just glad not traveling to the 8 -2a yet

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:44:12 pm
Hornet...What if Dragonsvoice decides to serve it raw....and still in the feather?

Guess I'm eating raw crow. Darn.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:46:02 pm

Ddid ya'll pick up someone from the 8? We picked up strong to replace Hartford, and have the return game @ Bearden this year...

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: MomaLion on September 25, 2015, 11:44:58 pm
Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:39:56 pm
for Clarendon?
Yes, he's the best announcer I've ever heard and is generally as complimentary to the visiting team as he is to us.
that's what we say about the Burg announcer. Just kidding I am not very entertaining at all.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:50:38 pm

Ddid ya'll pick up someone from the 8? We picked up strong to replace Hartford, and have the return game @ Bearden this year...
That's what I mean wildcats are the team to beat not Hackett they seam to claim second hand title automatically.haha both hector and hackett are good Can't wait to see if the Burg makes it a game with both.. Who knows every years a new year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2015, 11:56:06 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2015, 11:50:38 pm

That's what I mean wildcats are the team to beat not Hackett they seam to claim second hand title automatically.haha both hector and hackett are good Can't wait to see if the Burg makes it a game with both.. Who knows every years a new year.

Yes....as long as it doesn't end like Mountainburg's trip to Hector in 2003 did..then I'll be okay :o

Lions84

Clarendon puts it together and gets a Win.

WPWells

Hornet4ever

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas