• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector @ Conway Christian

Started by Wildcatalumni21, September 23, 2017, 12:57:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who comes away with the W?

Hector
Conway Christian

Wildcatalumni21

Most likely for the 5-2A championship, Hector was able to rest their starters after half last night and will be focused and ready to go. CC has a very solid passing attack that we are gonna have to step up in the secondary if we wanna win. I see this being a very close and competitive game that's gonna come down to the wire. I think with Hector already playing a game that went into overtime and CC not really being tested yet this year might give the Cats a slight advantage. Gotta go with my Cats!!
Hector- 36
CC- 35

Hawgpilot

Going with CC on this one.  They have soundly beaten what is proving to be a good Danville team.  Hector on the other hand, lost an overtime game to Beardon, who was beaten badly by 2 great teams.  Should be a good one but I'm not sold on Hectors resume at this point.  But hey, that's why they play the games!!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hawgpilot on September 23, 2017, 01:18:16 pm
Going with CC on this one.  They have soundly beaten what is proving to be a good Danville team.  Hector on the other hand, lost an overtime game to Beardon, who was beaten badly by 2 great teams.  Should be a good one but I'm not sold on Hectors resume at this point.  But hey, that's why they play the games!!
You make valid points and Hector has yet to play to their full potential, hopefully that happens next Friday! We know it's gonna be a fight

Hawgpilot

you planning on coming down?  If so, Im usually standing near the fence just after you enter.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hawgpilot on September 23, 2017, 01:30:18 pm
you planning on coming down?  If so, Im usually standing near the fence just after you enter.
Oh yeah, I definitely won't miss it

fearlessfreddy

I heard somewhere that CC's rb was injured in their game against poyen last night? If so i think hector comes away with the W. Hector by 6.

bear for life

Hector is tuff and physical an run the ball really good but I haven't heard to much about cc this one could be and toss up surly and great game

wampuscat44

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 23, 2017, 12:57:49 pm
Most likely for the 5-2A championship, Hector was able to rest their starters after half last night and will be focused and ready to go. CC has a very solid passing attack that we are gonna have to step up in the secondary if we wanna win. I see this being a very close and competitive game that's gonna come down to the wire. I think with Hector already playing a game that went into overtime and CC not really being tested yet this year might give the Cats a slight advantage. Gotta go with my Cats!!
Hector- 36
CC- 35
CC does not have a good passing game man.  Last year yes but not this year. 

CCEAGLES22

Quote from: wampuscat44 on September 23, 2017, 04:57:06 pm
CC does not have a good passing game man.  Last year yes but not this year.
yes very strange.  Very conservative rushing attack.  Looks good at times especially vs teams like Poyen who we are just so much bigger than. 

Risonwildcat212

This one has game of the week written all over it. Should be a great game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on September 23, 2017, 08:13:47 pm
This one has game of the week written all over it. Should be a great game.

So long as Hootens doesn't call it that we'll be okay....they swung and missed on 2a nd 3a both last week

wiseguy

Team with the best D wins this one ;)

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: CCEAGLES22 on September 23, 2017, 05:06:07 pm
yes very strange.  Very conservative rushing attack.  Looks good at times especially vs teams like Poyen who we are just so much bigger than.
If that's the case then Hector might win by a little more, our run D is pretty stout!

baseball13

Hector wins this one in a thriller.

Hector-21
Conway Christian- 20

Eaglefan70

This one outta be a thriller! CC has a good running game and unlike other years a relatively poor passing game.  Hector looks really good heading into week 5.  CC's defense has to play big this week to stop an explosive quarterback. 

BaseballPlayer11

Both teams are evenly matched, but conway christian has that unique characteristic about them. After watching the games, I have noticed that Conway Christian does not play the greatest in the first half, but then they settle down at half time and explode. Like a cat playing with a mouse. I call the score Conway Christian - 35 Hector- 21

wampuscat44

Quote from: BaseballPlayer11 on September 25, 2017, 09:25:27 am
Both teams are evenly matched, but conway christian has that unique characteristic about them. After watching the games, I have noticed that Conway Christian does not play the greatest in the first half, but then they settle down at half time and explode. Like a cat playing with a mouse. I call the score Conway Christian - 35 Hector- 21
That unique characteristic is called more depth.  Never thought I would say this but I am very concerned about CC passing game.  I'll take CC in a close one. 

sickwillie

Eaglefan70

Quote from: BaseballPlayer11 on September 25, 2017, 09:25:27 am
That is the truth but if CC wants it to be a good game they better come out and play first quarter or Hector can jump ahead.  It looks as if everything goes through #11 if he does well they do but if CC can bottle him up it might not be too pretty Friday

GordonGecko

Quote from: Hawgpilot on September 23, 2017, 01:18:16 pm

Danville's team is still very young(4 or 5 seniors). The score vs CC was much closer than the score indicated.
That being said, I think CC wins this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hector wins it close. CC is not consistent.

flyhigheagles22

If CC can stop that qb from hector they win. I think CC passing game isnt as good as it used to be but still pretty good. CC O line and D line is huge.

BaseballPlayer11

Quote from: wampuscat44 on September 25, 2017, 09:54:01 am
That unique characteristic is called more depth.  Never thought I would say this but I am very concerned about CC passing game.  I'll take CC in a close one.

No im not even talking about that, to me it seems like CC spends the first half analyzing their opponents, then takes them out in the second half.

Wildcatalumni21

I think we will surprise some people on our run defense this week. We aren't technically huge but got some decent size and are quick off the ball. Offensively, yes our QB is explosive but so is our RB and a couple of other WR's can make plays after the catch. I know our boys are dialed in and will be ready for a 4 quarter fight! Just pray for a good, clean game, and injury free on both sides

flyhigheagles22

Hector is very very good team. I just dont think they pull this one out. CC 28-21

bearfan

wampuscat44

Quote from: BaseballPlayer11 on September 25, 2017, 10:40:04 am
No im not even talking about that, to me it seems like CC spends the first half analyzing their opponents, then takes them out in the second half.
Yea they just run up the gut behind the huge line.  I don't think its rocket science

Mike Bonds

Don't sleep on Hector--they're a solid team in this classification, and they'll give Conway Christian all they want--and maybe then some.  Still, I like Conway Christian in a close contest.  In a week of mostly mismatches, it's clearly the game of the week in 2A.

WampusCat30

i think this will be game of the week. i got hector in a close one 29-28. CC passing game has looked bad and better pick it up this week.

wiseguy

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 25, 2017, 01:44:24 pm
Don't sleep on Hector--they're a solid team in this classification, and they'll give Conway Christian all they want--and maybe then some.  Still, I like Conway Christian in a close contest.  In a week of mostly mismatches, it's clearly the game of the week in 2A.

Hootens will still pick an 8-2A matchup for game of the week

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 26, 2017, 06:09:37 am

Never mind lol

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 26, 2017, 07:12:34 am
Never mind lol
They only done it cuz you said something 😂. I'm just glad they picked against us

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 26, 2017, 06:09:37 am

Somewhat in their defense, it's probably the deepest 2A conference this year.

flyhigheagles22

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 26, 2017, 09:35:55 am
Somewhat in their defense, it's probably the deepest 2A conference this year.
totally agree

Wildcatalumni21

I truly thought game of the week was gonna be the Hampton/Harmony Grove game

Bird

I hear that CC is pretty banged up; couple of linemen, RB, and LB. If CC was healthy I would pick CC by 14. There not so I don't know which way to go.

wiseguy

Quote from: wiseguy on September 25, 2017, 09:53:42 pm
  LOOK-OUT FOR THE WILDCATS
Wow I got slapped for the above comment I made! People are so sensitive these days :-\  Geesh  :'(

Hgalum50

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 26, 2017, 09:52:30 am
I truly thought game of the week was gonna be the Hampton/Harmony Grove game
I thought it would have been to, but I'm picking your Cats by 6!

wiseguy

Never been to CC school, is it on E.German Ln.?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on September 26, 2017, 07:35:39 pm
Never been to CC school, is it on E.German Ln.?

Yeah it's not hard to find...Take the 64 exit go east, (what feels like) the last light by Sonic I believe. Take a right there and school will be on the left..pretty nice field wise.. visitor seating was a little small last time I was there..

wiseguy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 26, 2017, 08:28:50 pm
Yeah it's not hard to find...Take the 64 exit go east, (what feels like) the last light by Sonic I believe. Take a right there and school will be on the left..pretty nice field wise.. visitor seating was a little small last time I was there..
Okie Dokie I appreciate it HF, you going?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: wiseguy on September 26, 2017, 07:01:11 pm
  Wow I got slapped for the above comment I made! People are so sensitive these days :-\  Geesh  :'(
It's okay buddy, I get it just about every comment lol

bigworm

I think Hector takes this one 34 28.

Eaglefan70

Quote from: Bird on September 26, 2017, 04:31:07 pm
I hear that CC is pretty banged up; couple of linemen, RB, and LB. If CC was healthy I would pick CC by 14. There not so I don't know which way to go.
They have a lineman that didn't play week 3 with a severely sprained wrist but was back next week.  The running back hurt his foot vs Poyen and just to rest him he didn't play the rest of Poyen.  He has been icing alot this week and is cleared to play this Friday. 

WampusCat30

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on September 27, 2017, 09:00:33 am
They have a lineman that didn't play week 3 with a severely sprained wrist but was back next week.  The running back hurt his foot vs Poyen and just to rest him he didn't play the rest of Poyen.  He has been icing alot this week and is cleared to play this Friday.
heard the lineman could've played but he is expendable so they didnt need him. wrist probably didnt even hurt

Bigditchlion

wiseguy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 26, 2017, 09:24:59 pm
It's okay buddy, I get it just about every comment lol
I hear ya 21. You gonna be there Friday?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: wiseguy on September 27, 2017, 07:59:49 pm
  I hear ya 21. You gonna be there Friday?
For sure! Somebody has to yell dumb comments to keep people laughing lol

wiseguy

For this being the game of the week sure isn't much chatter going on ::)

CCEAGLES22

Quote from: wiseguy on September 28, 2017, 09:34:48 pm
  For this being the game of the week sure isn't much chatter going on ::)
yea...As weak as the conference is this year this is probably for conference title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas