• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Track and Field

Started by PoleVault16, April 10, 2013, 03:44:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PoleVault16

What's some input on outdoor state this year?! Any predictions for who will win it all or in each event?

InYoGrill

Quote from: PoleVault16 on April 10, 2013, 03:44:41 pm
What's some input on outdoor state this year?! Any predictions for who will win it all or in each event?

V of course kiddo. The Wyatts 1-2 in pv.  ;)

sevenof400

Quote from: InYoGrill on April 20, 2013, 08:19:17 pm
Quote from: PoleVault16 on April 10, 2013, 03:44:41 pm

V of course kiddo. The Wyatts 1-2 in pv.  ;)

We need that result to be sure.  Wouldn't hurt to have another V athlete take some PV points too..

MHSGrad

1 and 2 is definite.. Where Vilonia has been good is there 3 and 4 vaulters.. if Dequeen and Alma can get up there, and assuming batesville will have someone, it could really hurt Vilonia

PoleVault16

well right now vilonia has 3 other vaulters who have all jumped well over 12'. jake steward, trey wyatt, and kyle wyatt have all pre-qualified and it is a good possibility that one of the twins will sit out at confrence to qualify the other 3 vaulters including freshman tucker richmond. The only downfall the vault has right now is keeping everyone healthy! It should be a great year for vilonia track in the state meet if they can pull 28+ points out of pole vault!

PoleVault16

Any other input on what has been going on around the state in the 5A track and field world? I do know that with dequeen and shiloh christain moving up to 5A will put a little more of a twist on the State meet output.

MHSGrad

Yea, but Dequeen has a guy that is almost certain to get 3rd at 14'8.. They have another guy at 12'0, which would put him 5th that I can remember.. If Vilonia falters in pole vault, it will be over before it began.. They lost a lot of points from last year.. Probably around 70? I just cant see where they can gain the points they did last year.. Cotton is legit, but he is only hurdles..

Let's say they score 28 in pole vault, which I think is unlikely.. and Cotton wins the 110s and 300s... Where are the rest of the points coming from? Even if they get 30 in the distance events, that leaves them with 78? Is that enough?

This meet will be probably one of the most exciting since I started following track because no one is the odds on favorite like years in the past. Technically, 7 teams (Alma, Vilonia, Magnolia, CFV, Forest City, Dequeen, and LRC) have a shot at winning. If LRC comes to run every race, they could score in the 70s as well

sevenof400

Coach Stout has said he would be shocked if the title is decided by more than 5 points this year.  It really ought to be something special in Hot Springs this year..that 4 * 400 may have a LOT riding on it.....

Too bad they won't have a big electronic board to keep the running points through the meet.  That would be awesome. 

MHSGrad

I will be your big electronic board :).. Come see me, I'll have every result before it is posted..

PV2

Quote from: MHSGrad on April 22, 2013, 01:41:01 pm
Yea, but Dequeen has a guy that is almost certain to get 3rd at 14'8.. They have another guy at 12'0, which would put him 5th that I can remember.. If Vilonia falters in pole vault, it will be over before it began.. They lost a lot of points from last year.. Probably around 70? I just cant see where they can gain the points they did last year.. Cotton is legit, but he is only hurdles..

Let's say they score 28 in pole vault, which I think is unlikely.. and Cotton wins the 110s and 300s... Where are the rest of the points coming from? Even if they get 30 in the distance events, that leaves them with 78? Is that enough?

This meet will be probably one of the most exciting since I started following track because no one is the odds on favorite like years in the past. Technically, 7 teams (Alma, Vilonia, Magnolia, CFV, Forest City, Dequeen, and LRC) have a shot at winning. If LRC comes to run every race, they could score in the 70s as well

You have points coming from the triple and long jumper from vilonia. I'm pretty sure he has ran a 51 or so in the open 4. Then you have 800 runners. Two around 2:05 I believe alot of points around the board for vilonia. What's alma magnolia and fairviews points look like?

PoleVault16

You failed to mention the foreign exchange student who has turned in the best triple jump on his 2nd time to ever participate in that event and the best long jump on his first time to ever jump with a -2.7 head wind that rendered his best jump obviously. Then you have Kyle and trey going 1-2 on pv jake Dylan and tucker going 4-5-6 in what ever order adding up to 33 points just out of vault so I said 28 was the bare minimal from the vault... Then you have bowling in the mile who has enough kick to pull out the win. 800- Moore and Matyja will both score in top 4! So I think you should check Vilonias  70 points and add a few... It will be a great meet.

AT

Vilonia has almost made another Sax with a combination of Meye and Cotton.

Alma isn't going to win the state meet this year, bar everybody PRing by a huge amount this week and at the state meet.

I personally think it's between Vilonia, Magnolia, and CF. Probably more so between Vilonia and Magnolia.

If Magnolia wants to win, they cannot have Meye do super well in the LJ and TJ unless Vilonia falters elsewhere.

MHSGrad

I think lrc and dequeen participation is huge in the distance races.. if lrc runs all the races, it would definitely hurt Vilonia.. Does Shiloh have any distance runners? They are usually stacked.. I'm always skeptical on jumpers.. Unless they are constantly jumping a certain distance, it makes me wonder if they will do it again on the biggest stage (example, Sharbrodic Young from Mhs last year).. Vilonia sounds good on paper, but there is such wiggle room.. There waa no disrespect intended.... I just think they lost more than they have gained based on the new teams in 5A

MHSGrad

I just added up the projections from the other post by Almatrackster ... If those results go EXACTLY the same way, Vilonia would have 94, Magnolia would have 88 (Give or take on pv with ties).. Very interesting

PoleVault16

Oh no hard feelings MHS! Yea that's what I was thinking as well! But it goes both ways for all teams this year! If there is one minor mistake it can cost a team dearly in the final straws! The bottom line is it will probably come down to the 4x400! It could go any way! It shall be very interesting

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas