• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Current top 5 boy’s teams

Started by Mr316, January 20, 2018, 04:20:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr316

The previous top ten teams conversation went off in a wild direction so I want to try and bring it back to the topic at hand. Here is my rating for the top five boy's!

Marked Tree @ 16-0
Mountain Pine @ 16-3
Parkers Chapel @ 16-3
Clarendon @ 14-2
Bearden @ 13-3

old.dole

I'd switch Clarendon and mt pine but that looks good to me

Mr316

You could actually mix my #2,3,and 4 picks in any order. They are all three pretty close with marked Tree being the team to beat at this moment

creamcheeze

Quote from: Mr316 on January 20, 2018, 06:03:21 pm
You could actually mix my #2,3,and 4 picks in any order. They are all three pretty close with marked Tree being the team to beat at this moment

Has anyone seen or heard anything about Bearden?

eldofan

Pc beat them early in the season . Did not make the Game.

Mr316

Bearden is 13-3 I think... they beat Strong and Harmony Grove last week by around 4 points each.

birddawg1986

1. Marked Tree
2. Clarendon
3. Bearden
4. Mt Pine
5. Parkers Chapel
6. White Co
7. Earle

eldofan

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 21, 2018, 04:05:05 pm
1. Marked Tree
2. Clarendon
3. Bearden
4. Mt Pine
5. Parkers Chapel
6. White Co
7. Earle
How can u rank Bearden higher than Pc when Pc has beaten them already

NWA Hawg

1. Marked Tree
2. Clarendon
3. Bearden
4. Mt Pine
5. Parkers Chapel
6. White Co
7. Earle

No way Bearden or Parkers Chapel either one are top 5

Yogi bear

Quote from: fann07 on January 21, 2018, 05:42:30 pm

When have you seen either of them play. And as for Bearden and P. C. first game Bearden had only been playing basketball one week we playing a lot different now

eldofan

Quote from: fann07 on January 21, 2018, 05:42:30 pm
I follow Pc and I  have a hard time ranking them top 5. Earles schedule has been much stronger than Pc.

old.dole

Pc has 3 losses. All three were without their 6'9" center. And none have been by double digits. 2 of those losses were to 4a schools and the other was one day after losing their big man. One could make the argument they would be undefeated had it not been for the injury. Bearden lost one player from their team a year ago and they were a top 5 team then and they are again now. Both of these teams are very deserving of where they are ranked

Mr316

Kinda seems like people don't think the 2a-7 east can contend for state. Both these teams are solid teams and have held their own! Also keep in mind that along with their 6' 9" center they hav a guard averaging around 18 points per game. Don't count those boys out just yet.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

1. Marked Tree
2. Clarendon
3. Bearden
4. Mt Pine
5. Parkers Chapel
6. White Co
7. Earle

Kinda hard to rank W.C.C. ahead of Earle, since Earle took 7 players (didnt even bring their big man, and sent another team to a tournament in memphis the same night) into W.C.C., and beat them by about 10. Earle is definitely top 5.

Ba$ketballFan54321

I'm going to try a little different format--

Tier 1:
Marked Tree

Tier 2:
Clarendon, Earle, Mountain Pine

Tier 3:
Jacksonville Lighthouse, White County

Tier 4:
Quitman, EPC

Tier 5:
Bearden, Parkers Chapel, Blevins, England

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on January 23, 2018, 08:09:22 am
I'm going to try a little different format--

Tier 1:
Marked Tree

Tier 2:
Clarendon, Earle, Mountain Pine

Tier 3:
Jacksonville Lighthouse, White County

Tier 4:
Quitman, EPC

Tier 5:
Bearden, Parkers Chapel, Blevins, England

Looks pretty good to me.

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 22, 2018, 12:55:21 pm
Kinda hard to rank W.C.C. ahead of Earle, since Earle took 7 players (didnt even bring their big man, and sent another team to a tournament in memphis the same night) into W.C.C., and beat them by about 10. Earle is definitely top 5.
Earle' still searching...Got ALL the talent but just hasn't clicked yet. Be a good measuring stick tonight as the bulldogs travel to EPC. 

bdubyab60

Not gonna be much of a game there I'm afraid. We have our moments but I'd take Earle fairly easy

NEark tigers

NEark tigers

bdubyab60

Is this all the players or is this a partial squad NEA

Dogg

Earle only has 1 senior on the team. Murray will figure it out come tournament  time. He's been playing since Dec. without his 6-6 wing who had injury to his non shooting hand. He will return before the district tournament. Earle will be ready and got a load of talent coming up

Dogg

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 23, 2018, 08:39:39 pm
He suspended a couple for lack of effort and no discipline. His point guard and the 6-4 post player that's a soph. How many did he bring dub

bdubyab60

13 here. Just expected a little more experienced team

bdubyab60

There is one in a cast as well. Closer than what I thought. 3rd quarter cost us but we were in it at the end

Dogg

He only has 1 senior. We are very young.  Bohannon leaving for Baylor hurt us because there was no one in 2 A that could have guarded him in the post. But we all understand that was best for him. We will be alright but the next few years Earle will be loaded

bdubyab60

Well I was expecting this year to be pretty good because of those freshman that came up.

NEark tigers

Earle 68, EPC 61 FINAL

NEark tigers

Earle 68, EPC 61 FINAL
This is full squad minus our forward Keon Smith, who is out with a broken wrist suffered during the Lendel Thomas Classic..talked to him tonight at the game and he told me himself that he could be ready around conference tournament time.

Dogg

Mr316

My latest state rankings

Marked Tree
Clarendon
Parkers Chapel
Mountain Pine
Bearden

eldofan

I still think Earle belongs in there

Mr316

I have Earle at 6. Actually a toss up between them and Bearden for me.

Cheek

PC,  mountain Pime or Bearden have zero chance to beat Earle. 

Mr316

Hopefully they will get the opportunity to find out!

Eslim03

Mountain pine is very good. They are long and very athletic, in my opinion they just miss a true true shooter or else they would be a favorite to win it all. I only seen them play Foreman but Foreman is no slouch and should be able to make the state tournament.

ISU7

Dogg

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ISU7 on January 28, 2018, 01:46:43 am
Where is Doolittle?

His name just doesn't fit, cause he does alot. Lol

birddawg1986

The 2A North Regional in Marked Tree will be a mini state tournament (Marked Tree, Clarendon, Earle, EPC, Cotter)

1. Marked Tree
2. Clarendon
3. Bearden
4. Mt Pine
5. Earle
6. Blevins
7. Lavaca/Parkers Chapel

FromTheBench

If Lavaca is in this conversation, then WCC has got to be in this conversation. No knock on Lavaca, they have 2 really good players, but WCC has a really good TEAM

Ba$ketballFan54321

From the current info in my system.. chance to win state. Thought it might be interesting to share!

Marked Tree 29.5%
Clarendon 13.1%
White County Central 11.8%
Earle 8.5%
Mountain Pine 8.4%

NEark tigers

8.5 percent for the B2B State Champs.....

ISU7

Quote from: Dogg on January 28, 2018, 05:21:01 am
His dad passed away last week
Oh my my condolences to him and his family. 🙏

ISU7

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 29, 2018, 07:48:17 am
The 2A North Regional in Marked Tree will be a mini state tournament (Marked Tree, Clarendon, Earle, EPC, Cotter)

1. Marked Tree
2. Clarendon
3. Bearden
4. Mt Pine
5. Earle
6. Blevins
7. Lavaca/Parkers Chapel
I think i will attend this regional tournament being its a closer drive than the Region 3-3A tournament.

MomaLion

There will definitely be some great games with so many state contenders.

dentist15

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 29, 2018, 07:59:27 am
If Lavaca is in this conversation, then WCC has got to be in this conversation. No knock on Lavaca, they have 2 really good players, but WCC has a really good TEAM

Im a Lavaca fan, but I don't really think they belong in this conversation. A solid team, yes, but not a state title contender. They got routed by 32 points by 1A County Line (granted, CL is one of the top teams in 1A so far this season, but still, a 32 point loss to a smaller school), and have two losses to mediocre 2A and 3A teams (Eureka Springs and Paris).

FromTheBench

Quote from: dentist15 on January 30, 2018, 08:05:36 am
Im a Lavaca fan, but I don't really think they belong in this conversation. A solid team, yes, but not a state title contender. They got routed by 32 points by 1A County Line (granted, CL is one of the top teams in 1A so far this season, but still, a 32 point loss to a smaller school), and have two losses to mediocre 2A and 3A teams (Eureka Springs and Paris).

I think they are good and I think they are well coached with Coach Reed, but I saw them in Regionals and State last year and I know exactly what they have back. I am not knocking them at all, I just see a lot better teams on this side of the state. I saw where CL had beat them pretty good, but I know they are very good also.

dentist15

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 30, 2018, 11:50:50 am
I think they are good and I think they are well coached with Coach Reed, but I saw them in Regionals and State last year and I know exactly what they have back. I am not knocking them at all, I just see a lot better teams on this side of the state. I saw where CL had beat them pretty good, but I know they are very good also.

Agreed on both points.

Mr. Trill

I Definitely have to attend myself

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas