• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BDUBS 2A-3 WEEK 1 PICKS

Started by bdubyab60, August 30, 2014, 06:43:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

August 30, 2014, 06:43:59 pm Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:07:53 pm by bdubyab60
Well its about time for the real games to start, enough of these scrimmages right guys. We got some new teams in the conference so forgive me if I don't know much about your team, just doing the best I can.

HARRISBURG @ CROSS COUNTY
These 2 teams had a shoot out last year with CC coming out on top scoring over 80. Both teams should be improved a little form last year and CC has hopes of a conference title and a playoff birth. They got one of the best running backs in the state in Anfernee Davis. he should once again be the focal point of CCs offense.
Harrisburg was playing pretty good ball at the end of the season but that was last year. Im thinking they should be a little improved though it might not show with them moving up to 4A.
Bdub is going with the T-birds in this one.
CROSS COUNTY 38 HARRISBURG 30

WALNUT RIDGE @ CORNING
Bobcats got hit by the graduation bug. But they still got some parts there  and a solid coaching staff. Junior squad was pretty darn good but its asking a lot of freshmen to step in and make a difference right off the bat. I still think the Bobcats will be tough to beat.
Don't know much about Corning except they are tough to beat at home. Bdub will guarantee this though the Bobcats are going to win this game (If you know what I mean).
WR blew Corning out last year 43-8 and I don't think Corning has closed the gap that much.
Going with WR in this one
WALNUT RIDGE 34 CORNING 22

PIGGOTT @ MARKED TREE
Indians have a decent returning group. They will be looking for a return to the playoffs. They should be very competitive this year as last year they were full of surprises.
Don't know much about Piggott. Back when I played against them they were pretty tough.
Gonna go with the Mohawks in this one.
PIGGOTT 24 MARKED TREE 18

EPC @ MCCRORY
EPC has been hit by the graduation bug and the injury bug early. Got a very young line. Still a talented group lead by Senior QB Aaron Scales. Warriors don't have a lot of depth this year so gotta stay healthy.
Jags were young last year. Got a stellar running back in Rogo. Jags fans writing that they don't have the numbers as expected. I expect the jags to still be tough.
However Im going straight homer on the pick this time.
EPC 22 MCCRORY 20

PALESTINE WHEATLEY @ RECTOR
PW did the unthinkable last year and ended a long losing streak. Unfortunately it wasn't their own. Don't know much about the Patriots
Clay County Central uhhhh I mean Rector returns to varsity ball for the first time in a while. I got to see the junior squad last year. Lets just say they are working on it.
PW 30 RECTOR 8

MIDLAND AT WOODLAWN
Don't know much about either team. this is Midlands first year of varsity ball. Welcome to football fellas.
WOODLAWN 36 MIDLAND 12

MOUNTAIN VIEW @ SALEM
Salem was a little disappointing last year. However they made a good showing in the playoffs pushing undefeated Dierks in tough game. They have pretty much had their way with Mt. View but they will miss Turner for sure.
Don't Know much about Mt. View.
Ill take Salem in a close one
SALEM 22 MT. VIEW 16

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK AND FOR THAT FACT OVERALL 2A GAME OF THE WEEK.
EARLE @ HAZEN
Earle comes off a 3A semifinal run. Favored to win the 2A-3 by many people out there. Bulldogs will be a handful for sure
Hazen probably has the most returning out of the 2A-6 and a 2nd playoff game. Hornets are favored to win their conference as well so this should be a good one.
Im really torn on this one. Should I take what I think is the more talented team that starts a little slow or the team that is probably due. Going with the talent guys.
BULLDOGS 30 HAZEN 22.

There you have it, agree, disagree. And by the way I picked about 80% of the 2A-3 correct last year and if not for Salem it would have been better

leedog95

BDUB, I sure hope EPC is better than they looked against Gosnell that game would have got out hand in bad way if the weather hadn't stopped it.

bdubyab60

Well Gosnell is gonna be pretty tough to beat I believe. They had one score that was short yardage after the interception and the one on the busted coverage. We dropped a TD and if the receiver doesnt trip on the long pass play we probably have another score, but thats what ifs.

I think EPC will be fine, had a few players on the sideline that werent available for the scrimmage that should help out. Got a very young line though, 4 sophomores i think ,didnt have a roster to check. Plus playing against a team that pretty much is 2 deep at every position and huge linemen. Not many teams in the 2A-3 that are as good as Gosnell.

mcnewfamily

epc going through what mccrory went thru last year. mc by 13.

Elvis

Jags will win this game. Pretty good group of Jrs will lead the charge. EPC will play well but with a young backfield this puts lots of pressure on Scales. I think the stable of horses have ran out.

mtindian42

mt don't lose at home!!! we will be fine...just got to find away to win on the road.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Elvis on September 02, 2014, 09:30:11 pm
Jags will win this game. Pretty good group of Jrs will lead the charge. EPC will play well but with a young backfield this puts lots of pressure on Scales. I think the stable of horses have ran out.
Junior squad looked pretty good against Gosnell. More horses in the barn than you think. We are thin at running back this year though. A freshman and a junior will be carrying the ball.

Lucky for EPC the schedule plays out to where they have a couple of the easier conference games first.

playmaker04

The only game I disagree with is the Tree. They win at home and will win by 14. Epc and mccrory a toss-up

mcnewfamily

Donnie where you at? you've been awful silent.

mcnewfamily

good luck to the 3aa this week. all except epc, earle and rector.

FD4

BDUB, looks pretty good, even on some of the games that are close.  I, being a McC fan would like to see the Jags pull it out, they have the talent to do that, and have been tested against a pretty solid Hoxie team.

MT does just that, like posted, plays good at home.

As for WR, probably right, the Bobcats win, lol, and it would for sure be WR if the game was at home for them, and everybody knows what I mean on that one.

Overall, I like your predictions.  I would stand pat on it.

mcnewfamily

bdub you ever see anything li last night. all we had to do was stay with the run and it's ours, so what do we do we pass the dang thing and get picked off. stupid, stupid, stupid.  good luck the rest of the season.

bdubyab60

I didn't get to go but was being updated. I asked my buddy why were they passing when we got the int. you guys did come back to take the lead after that though. Gonna have to shore up that pass defense. Sounded like we did our best to give it to you guys. We got some things to work on as well.

Scales 21 of 31 309 yards 2 TDs 1 int.

Good luck to Mccrory the rest of the way

mcnewfamily

yea scales had a great game and kept it close. all we had too do was run the clock down and it was ours. we pass the ball and get picked. it's basic's 101 eat the clock. epc was on there heels all night with our run game, both was tired, us more so. it took what we had to get the lead back and couldn't hold on. you basically beat us in the last 59 sec of the game. our pass d needs great improvement. scales picked us apart there. anyways good luck to epc.

bdubyab60

We gotta take care of the ball better. Didn't help ourselves giving up 2 scoop and scores.
Both teams will improve and should be tough in conference play

ISU7

Quote from: Elvis on September 02, 2014, 09:30:11 pm
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND,,Good job Warriors...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas