• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Murfreesboro at Strong 09/05/14 game rescheduled

Started by bleudog, August 29, 2014, 08:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

From the EDNT:

Next Friday's game between Smackover and Junction City has created such excitement within Union County, that Strong has rescheduled its opener against Murfreesboro from Friday, Sept. 5th to Tuesday, Sept. 2nd.
    Strong coach Craig O'Neal didn't want to take a chance of losing money by having a low turnout due to the Buckaroo-Dragon contest.
    "I honestly think (this) came about because of the Junction City, Smackover game. A lot of people want to go see that game. I think it was one of those deals where when we were putting that week 1 game together, we had heard so many people talk about that game and wanting to go watch it, understandably so," O'Neal said to the News-Times. "We asked Murfreesboro if they would be willing to play that game on the Tuesday after Labor Day, and they were. So now more fans in Union County can hopefully come watch us play. But that creates an opportunity for more people to go watch that (Junction-Smackover) game as well."

heavyhittaz_7

Ventman

Where will the JC/Smack game be played. Sounds like it needs to be moved to a larger venue.

bleudog

Quote from: Ventman on August 29, 2014, 09:14:26 pm
Where will the JC/Smack game be played. Sounds like it needs to be moved to a larger venue.

JC is home team this year.  El Dorado has a home game against Camden Fairview that night.

Ventman

To bad, sounds like a lot of fans will be out of luck.

Proud Buckaroo

Not in Junction! You better get to this game at 5:30 if you want a seat!

Lions84

Glad to see so much excitement about this game.

bleudog

cuz

Dragon I

bleudog

cuz

~WPS~

cuz

~WPS~

~WPS~

Proud Buckaroo

bleudog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 02, 2014, 09:46:32 pm
Yikes. I really feel bad for Strong this year.

Playing with only 15 is a hard row to hoe.

Hang in there 'dawgs.

Proud Buckaroo

September 02, 2014, 10:04:03 pm #18 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:51:51 pm by Proud Buckaroo
I used to work in this community. It's hard for me to see a school come that close to closing.

cuz

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on September 02, 2014, 09:31:42 pm
Murfreesboro 36
Strong 14
Final
Thanks for posting. I knew Strong was down but I thought it would of been a closer game......

whoknows

What happened to the strong team that played at Dierks last year they didn't look low on numbers

bleudog

Dragon I

Proud Buckaroo

Dragon I

I wouldn't think so.  Not but about 15 or so played, so if they moved them up they wasted their junior high eligibility for nothing.

Proud Buckaroo

It wouldn't make sense to have 30 players but use 15 players all three ways.

bleudog

Quote from: Dragon I on September 03, 2014, 09:19:04 am
I wouldn't think so.  Not but about 15 or so played, so if they moved them up they wasted their junior high eligibility for nothing.

If a freshman suits up, is on the sideline but doesn't play, is he still eligible to play on the jr high team?

My reference to 15 sr high players was what I had heard and what was in the EDNT.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on September 03, 2014, 09:41:31 am
Quote from: Dragon I on September 03, 2014, 09:19:04 am

If a freshman suits up, is on the sideline but doesn't play, is he still eligible to play on the jr high team?

My reference to 15 sr high players was what I had heard and what was in the EDNT.

I don't believe so. Once a parent agrees their child can move up. They are no longer able to play Junior high games. Not 99.9% sure on it. If they don't play. It could make a difference.

Dragon I

The rules state one practice, and your eligibility is lost.

Proud Buckaroo

I hope they weren't freshmen then. Because that blows their junior high squad.

LCC

The junior high kids aren't "locked" into senior high until they PLAY in a game. One play in senior high and they must play senior high. If they play senior high and then play junior high, it would be a forfeit. A kid could play Thursday as junior high and dress out Friday night and stand on the sideline. If he isn't needed, he can continue to play junior high However, the new 3 days of contact rule would apply. If he played Thursday and that was his third day of contact, he can't play Friday.

HorseFeathers

strong may not be around next year anyway. . .they are near the 350 line, and aren't in academic distress as well?

Proud Buckaroo

They are 6 kids away from closing the doors and splitting up between el dorado and crossett. Yes, they are in academic distress as well.

loyal fan

loyal fan

Quote from: LCC on September 03, 2014, 09:51:38 am
The junior high kids aren't "locked" into senior high until they PLAY in a game. One play in senior high and they must play senior high. If they play senior high and then play junior high, it would be a forfeit. A kid could play Thursday as junior high and dress out Friday night and stand on the sideline. If he isn't needed, he can continue to play junior high However, the new 3 days of contact rule would apply. If he played Thursday and that was his third day of contact, he can't play Friday.
True

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas