• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshall/Hector Season Opener

Started by mastiff, August 28, 2014, 12:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mastiff

It is already upon us. I couldn't be more excited to start this season. Does anyone know how the BOBCATS are looking?
Is anyone else as pumped as I am to see the WILDCATS have another great season? Let's hear your thoughts...

GO WILDCATS!!!!

HorseFeathers

been told that hector has t potential to be better than last year. . . . If we're gonna live up to that potential then a mercy rule victory over marshall would be a good start. . .

mrscoach

The schedule lines up that many more of the better conference teams are on the road this year.  I think the Cats will be really good again.  They have a whole lot of upside but they have to be just as hungry as they were last year.  I think they will improve throughout the year and be really tough come playoff time!

HorseFeathers

Well sounds like the Junior High Pitched a shut out tonight in Marshall....Can't wait until 20 hours from now when the Senior High WildCats kickoff what should be a nother great season!

Man of Steel

Should be interesting. As long as everyone is still playing, the Bobcat squad has a few playmakers. Keep me updated on the game tonight. I'm waaaaaay out of area, so I can't listen or watch in person.

HorseFeathers

haven't decided if i'm going to this one or to the atkins-dover game

Burpsnart

Atkins en una ruta!! Dover es horendous. Muy, muy mal. No es bueno en todo.

I would catch the Hector Game. May be entertaining.

HorseFeathers

i've heard good things about dover this year. . . May be a good game. The wife is going to the hector game either way. . . So i'll have the score for the guys that can't make it . And i'll check into if we're live streaming the games this year or not.

Burpsnart

Dover may be much improved this year. Any improvement would be a plus.

bulldog42

Quote from: HF on September 05, 2014, 08:38:21 am
i've heard good things about dover this year. . . May be a good game. The wife is going to the hector game either way. . . So i'll have the score for the guys that can't make it . And i'll check into if we're live streaming the games this year or not.
HF, I think Marshall usually streams, I know they do for Basketball and I am pretty sure they also stream football, however I can't find the link.

HorseFeathers

have we stopped doing a video stream for home games-

mrscoach

Quote from: HF on September 05, 2014, 09:13:38 am
have we stopped doing a video stream for home games-
HF, go to livestream.com, set up an account, type in "Hector Wildcat Football" in the search box once you get on the site.  The drop down box should pull up the link.  Easy process, HF.

bulldog42

Quote from: bulldog42 on September 05, 2014, 08:49:39 am
Quote from: HF on September 05, 2014, 08:38:21 am
HF, I think Marshall usually streams, I know they do for Basketball and I am pretty sure they also stream football, however I can't find the link.
Sorry Marshall just does home games, I forgot this game was at Hector.  That is what happens when a basketball guy tries to get involved in football.  Good luck to both teams tonight.

HorseFeathers

Mrscoach i'll most likely be there tonight, but is the link still on the facebook page?

mrscoach

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2014, 04:27:45 pm
been told that hector has t potential to be better than last year. . . . If we're gonna live up to that potential then a mercy rule victory over marshall would be a good start. . .

Missed the mercy rule by 1 point a couple of times....

My take aways from this....
Running Game
Tyler Brashear looks to fill the hole left by Gus Nichols' graduation last year. Just gotta cure the fumbleitis before next week and the playoffs(i know it's week 1 but still :D). Tanner Gaines is going to be a beast of a dual threat over the next 3 seasons....The 3rd option(I forget his name and number) is gonna have to find his groove like Brashears did last year towards the end of the year...Don't think he got to many yards tonight, but looks to be really quick around the end on those sweeps..

Passing Game
Tanner Gaines looks like he didn't take a break from last season...Don't think I seen a bad pass all night...did have a couple over throws, but you get excited sometimes, and he is just a sophmore....

Defense definitely has to not fall asleep just because we're up big on a team...Marshall wasn't exactly world beaters, and they found success on a few drives tonight....

B+ tonight though...been an A- if we would have gotten the mercy rule :D

Oh yeah, if any of the other Hector posters has any connections to the concession stand fix the Nachos...They get a D-, my cheese was ICE COLD.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas