• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

any thoughts on the scrimmages with 6AA teams

Started by jbtiger73, August 26, 2014, 11:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

Was at the Carlisle scrimmage tonight. Thought the bison offense was decent. Definitely can see its a lot different without Ricks and Weddle. Where you can really tell where they will be missed is on defense. Dumas, Rison, and Stuttgart had a few easy drives. But they played tough. Dumas, even with Gragg, didn't really empress as much. But they didn't throw him the ball as much either. Rison by far was hitting on all cylinders. They pretty much shut everyone down defensively. And ran the ball very effectively. And hit some big time passes. If I had to rank based on performance, I would say #1 would be Rison, Dumas, Stuttgart, and Carlisle. Hope i haven't ruffled any feathers with the bison brethren.

bigworm

my feathers are ruffled. I just wanted some dang popcorn!

big E

Anytime you lose that many good players it has an impact on you has to.

Jacketman65

Rison and Dumas were better than Stuttgart???

Jack1990

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 26, 2014, 11:22:38 pm
... I would say #1 would be Rison, Dumas, Stuttgart, and Carlisle...
Well isn't that interesting?

BrianfromCarlisle

I would have put Stuttgart 2nd.  But I was watching Carlisle more to be honest.  Rison looked good all the way around. Stuttgart will do some good things this year with the new offense.  D is going to need some work to stop the run. Dumas needs someone that can throw accurately.  Carlisle looked pretty good on offense at times. But oh man does that defense need work.  They definitely gained a ton of things to work on for the next several days

jbtiger73

In my opinion they were. but Stuttgart offensively, once they get the ball rolling with the new offense, will be pretty good. now defensively, they have athletes, but not a lot of strength. which will hurt them against bigger and more physical teams. but Rison definitely was the better team of the four.

jbtiger73

I was kinda thinking that way too Brian. after really going over it. I do think Stuttgart was the second best team there. and Dumas's qb definitely made horrible decisions when throwing the ball and when and when not to give the ball on read option plays. I seen the backs on most plays just snatch the ball out, because he didn't want to give it up. and plus, you have all 6'5, 240 of Will Gragg out there. and he didn't want to throw it until he was double and triple covered. but back to Carlisle, that defense definitely needs to sure up. especially on the edges.

BrianfromCarlisle

I think they can get there.  This definitely will help in the long run.  Did you see Graggs one handed catch out of bounds?  WOW. 

jbtiger73

yea, that was pretty awesome. that dang qb should have hit him 3 seconds earlier when he was wide open. I bet he wishes he was back in PB.

jbtiger73

you can just tell he was just different from everyone else.

Ventman

August 27, 2014, 10:33:35 am #11 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:44:57 am by Ventman
The Bison definantly have to make some changes on D but I believe they will be able to move the ball on offense.

Dragon I

Defiantly?  Are they doing it against the coaches wishes?

Ventman

Quote from: Dragon I on August 27, 2014, 10:38:21 am
Defiantly?  Are they doing it against the coaches wishes?
oh thanks dragon I'm glad you caught that for me. I love how you are the school teacher here on FF.

FD4

Watched McCrory vs Hoxie, Jags need to work on a few things, could sure use some of the talent that crapped out and simply didn't come out.  Could be a long season.  Then again, coach knows now where his team is at and what needs to be fixed.

Dragon I

No problem vent.  I was just concerned when you said they were defiantly going to make changes on D.  I thought that there might be a power struggle on the plains.

Ventman

Lions84

As I said earlier on another thread it is Hazen year to win the 6AA.

BoogieMan27

Carlisle doesn't look the same as they have in years past. The defense definitely needs help but word is, the head coach is a tyrant. He doesn't let the assistants do hardly anything. How can you do anything with that? This isn't make believe. Go watch the practices and just listen and watch. He's going to run that team in the ground. The defense needs help but the offense looked bad yesterday too. They had a few lucky breaks with missed tackles (that will be sured up by mid season). Other than that, it was stagnant. Carlisle is in for a rude awakening this year with the tyrant at the helm. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

hornetfever

I went to the Carlisle scrimmage last night and IMO Carlisle will be lucky to win 5 games! They are not even close to being the caliber team they were last year. Ricks and Weddle are gone and Carlisle is in for a long year. Can't wait to watch Hazen stomp the Bison. They have a big O-Line and D-Line but they are very slow and don't fire out. The Defense was very bad. How are they ranked ahead of Hazen?

echo5whiskey

August 27, 2014, 05:37:48 pm #20 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:44:05 pm by echo5whiskey
Quote from: BoogieMan27 on August 27, 2014, 04:56:29 pm
Carlisle doesn't look the same as they have in years past. The defense definitely needs help but word is, the head coach is a tyrant. He doesn't let the assistants do hardly anything. How can you do anything with that? This isn't make believe. Go watch the practices and just listen and watch. He's going to run that team in the ground. The defense needs help but the offense looked bad yesterday too. They had a few lucky breaks with missed tackles (that will be sured up by mid season). Other than that, it was stagnant. Carlisle is in for a rude awakening this year with the tyrant at the helm. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Come on man! One scrimmage and coach bashing already???? "A Tyrant" Keith is a first year head coach and will do a good job, trashing the coach hiding behind a keyboard isn't what the Carlisle Bison football program is about. If you have a problem, I'm sure Keith would be happy to sit down with you and discuss it. Coming on FF and dropping bombs isn't the way to address it.

BoogieMan27

Observe and report. That's what we do. Watching and listening is what I've been doing. Mark my words. You're in for a rude awakening. And for the tyrant thing. Go watch a practice and observe how he runs things. Look how he deals with his staff and toward the players. I don't have to talk with anyone about this. I've seen it. They'll be lucky to win 5.

echo5whiskey

August 27, 2014, 06:25:02 pm #22 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:42:56 pm by echo5whiskey
Quote from: BoogieMan27 on August 27, 2014, 06:09:28 pm
Observe and report. That's what we do. Watching and listening is what I've been doing. Mark my words. You're in for a rude awakening. And for the tyrant thing. Go watch a practice and observe how he runs things. Look how he deals with his staff and toward the players. I don't have to talk with anyone about this. I've seen it. They'll be lucky to win 5.
I'm not in for a rude awakening or anything else! Don't have a dog in this hunt, they graduated a 35-5 senior class last year, there is going to be growing pains. I have supported the program the past seven years and hate to see this sort of thing. IMO it doesn't help the program or the kids. Best of luck Bud.

BoogieMan27

I didn't have you in mind when I was writing this Echo5whiskey. This is forum of what we've seen and how we feel the season is going to go. If it bothers you, I'm sorry. But things are not well.

echo5whiskey

August 27, 2014, 06:35:22 pm #24 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:38:12 pm by echo5whiskey
Quote from: BoogieMan27 on August 27, 2014, 06:31:04 pm
I didn't have you in mind when I was writing this Echo5whiskey. This is forum of what we've seen and how we feel the season is going to go. If it bothers you, I'm sorry. But things are not well.
Just take it up with Coach Keith is all I ask, coming on FF just doesn't seem like the solution to me. ROLL BISON!

BoogieMan27

DUDE!!! You're missing the point. What good would it do for a fan to talk to a coach. Zero good.. It doesn't matter. I'm just telling you how this APPEAR according to what I've seen and what I've heard.

echo5whiskey

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on August 27, 2014, 06:58:16 pm
DUDE!!! You're missing the point. What good would it do for a fan to talk to a coach. Zero good.. It doesn't matter. I'm just telling you how this APPEAR according to what I've seen and what I've heard.
LOL! Ok bud, I'm not your enemy, but I will say this. This sort of thing does fuel the fires of the Bison enemies..

Lions84

We have improved but I wonder if we will make the playoffs this year.

Wolfman34

Not unless they get a real D Coordinator. Offense will work. May have to carry them.

BoogieMan27

It's not the D Coordinator. I never saw the other coaches doing anything because the head coach was trying to do everything. He needs to loosen the ropes a little. You can disagree if you want. I'm just telling you what I saw.

Wolfman34

Sounds like your boy isn't getting any playing time.

BoogieMan27

I don't have a dog in the fight. My kids are long graduated. I'm just a fan of football. And there, it's not good football right now.

Jug head

I think we need to stand behind our coaches and I do have a dog in the fight and all I here from him and parents of almost ever player is good things and I know for a fact that coach Keith's peers that coached with him last year went to bat for him in the hiring process because they wanted him to get the job and coach with him. Further more he does not allow cursing on the team by players or coaches and I have seen players, as well as my son, run or do up downs for doing so. Tradition never graduates, it's built with hard work and dedication. That's what our tyrant is teaching our kids. Give him time we have a lot of young kids playing in key spots on D. We have to give them all time.

Ventman

Quote from: Jug head on August 28, 2014, 08:49:23 pm
I think we need to stand behind our coaches and I do have a dog in the fight and all I here from him and parents of almost ever player is good things and I know for a fact that coach Keith's peers that coached with him last year went to bat for him in the hiring process because they wanted him to get the job and coach with him. Further more he does not allow cursing on the team by players or coaches and I have seen players, as well as my son, run or do up downs for doing so. Tradition never graduates, it's built with hard work and dedication. That's what our tyrant is teaching our kids. Give him time we have a lot of young kids playing in key spots on D. We have to give them all time.

I agree Jug, I was at practice today and they had an awesome practice and all the coaches did their part. I've never seen coach Keith do anything but coach the kids and I've made a bunch of practices, never saw one of our coaches curse one kid. Let's get behind our coaches and our team and support them as we should. Carlisle has great tradition and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

BoogieMan27

You guys can tell yourself whatever you have to to make you feel better, but I know what I've seen. I understand tradition never graduates. I've been at schools like that. But they do have rough years, and this is going to be a rough year. Also, when carlisle struggles to win 5 games this year, I doubt everyone will be this supportive of the coaching staff.

Jug head

Dude I think most people know schools go through ups and down and that's part of it. I'm just saying you are bashing a first year head coach on a forum that you really don't know a lot about. Numbers are up in sr and jr high and I know just like you do that kids are not busting there tails for a coach there not buying in to. If there up or down this year is not the point, supporting our program and kids is the point. I'm at almost ever practice and have not seen anyone there that does not have a kid out there, but if you are there come sit on the tailgate with us and I'll give you a water or Gatorade and you can bash them and show us dads how there not doing a good job. Go bison

purpleswag

I think coach Keith us a good guy and the bison will be very competitive. No one should ever over look them.

purpleswag

Quote from: Lions84 on August 28, 2014, 09:09:00 am

You won't. You can stop wondering

Lions84

Quote from: purpleswag on August 29, 2014, 08:45:10 am
Quote from: Lions84 on August 28, 2014, 09:09:00 am

You won't. You can stop wondering

LOL Scrapper-Hornet.

MomaLion

big E

Learned 2 things in the PW scrimmage last thursday O-line is very good when Holman is on the field and we are alot better at pass coverage than I thoght we were. We may not finish last this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas