• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A

Started by mhfcharlesi, August 22, 2014, 01:52:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhfcharlesi

Is there going to be a surprise team out of this Conference? Or will it be the same old Dierks, Gurdon, and whoever wants the 3rd and 4th seed? Lets hear what you guys think?

Big Boy

Dierks and Gurdon will be at the top.  Re-tread Mt. Ida should be a tough out and battle for a 2-3 seed in conference.  I don't see anyone else contending near the top.

mhfcharlesi

With Dierks bringing back the fewest returning starters..what keeps them at the top of everyone's list?

outlaws4life26

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 22, 2014, 02:56:53 pm
With Dierks bringing back the fewest returning starters..what keeps them at the top of everyone's list?
Having the fewest returner starters is sometimes about who u got coming back instead of how many. Big boy could tell u more then i could but the kids that are juniors this year have only lost around 4 or 5 games since they started playing football in 3rd grade and remember these list u speak of are opinions we just wait and see how the season plays out. IMO with the size of the o-line and the rb we got coming back thats going win some games by itself qb should be pretty good too. Wish i could have made it to the blue white game thursday night could have got a look at the defense.

outlaw2929

Sophomore linebackers are ball hawks no way they can keep them off the field. New kid from Oklahoma is a beast at fullback and defensive end , he could be the fastest player on the team. The defense will be very good.

tacklethis...

Now if they just in shape!

tdmaker

Lafayette County started 7 sophomores and one freshman last year.....they improved each game and grew-up a lot.  I think they will surprise some people this year with around 34 on the roster and a lot of speed and experience returning.  beat parkers chapel in scrimmage

KOJACK

I can see Laf co possibly with the 3 seed...maybe 4th which is impressive after not playing football 2 years ago.

outlaws4life26

Quote from: KOJACK on August 26, 2014, 11:41:29 am
I can see Laf co possibly with the 3 seed...maybe 4th which is impressive after not playing football 2 years ago.
No doubt with Burks at running back if they have anything to go with him they could make a push for a playoff spot,      not sure they have enough to  challenge for the conference title this year.

outlaws4life26

Quote from: outlaws4life26 on August 26, 2014, 11:47:40 am
Quote from: KOJACK on August 26, 2014, 11:41:29 am
No doubt with Burks at running back if they have anything to go with him they could make a push for a playoff spot,      not sure they have enough to  challenge for the conference title this year.
[/quote

tcor145

How did the dierks horatio scrimmage turn out?   How did each team look?

Ball Hawk

Who did Murfreesboro play tonight?

whoknows

Heard Dierks didn't look so great...

cuz

What about Murfreesboro???
About time for Ole Man River's predications.............. ;)

Big Boy

Quote from: whoknows on August 28, 2014, 12:44:17 am
Heard Dierks didn't look so great...
I heard the same thing.  I think Dierks won 22-6 though.  I wander if Horatio had a little something to do with our performance?  Nevertheless, just a few short days from taking the field vs. the Hope JV Bobkittens.

outlaw2929

Dierks went out there flat. Also had 350yds in penalties! Two players had 8 personal foul penalties together. They should be 2 senior leaders but don't know how to stop when the whistle blows. If they went that hard while the play was goin on they would be alright.

tacklethis...

Quote from: outlaw2929 on August 28, 2014, 08:25:01 am
Dierks went out there flat. Also had 350yds in penalties! Two players had 8 personal foul penalties together. They should be 2 senior leaders but don't know how to stop when the whistle blows. If they went that hard while the play was goin on they would be alright.

+1

Coaching staff must get this under control.

Sweet-n-Sassy

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 22, 2014, 01:52:58 pm
Is there going to be a surprise team out of this Conference? Or will it be the same old Dierks, Gurdon, and whoever wants the 3rd and 4th seed? Lets hear what you guys think?

Spring Hill surprised Prescott and Ashdown at the scrimmage this week. 

Blue

Bennett went as vanilla with the offense as he could, so judging Dierks offense is impossible. the defense played well at times, but it was just the basics. I do know the Outlaws are not good enough to overcome 6-8 personal foul penalties a game. The kid from Oklahoma is legit, he looked good at stand up D end. We have some sophs who will contribute, and a lock down corner who will lead the district in interceptions if anybody throws his way. The running game will be strong.

mhfcharlesi

Sweet n Saddy..they must surprise their JV..lol and I'm sure if they played a full four quarters with Prescott that it would have been Prescott alot to Springhill 7..lol but anyway good luck on your season

whoknows

Quote from: outlaw2929 on August 28, 2014, 08:25:01 am

Definitely have to get this out of their systems by the Gurdon game... have a feeling that's going to be a chippy game...

bigworm

Who did mineral springs scrimmage? How did they look?

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: outlaw2929 on August 22, 2014, 10:57:16 pm
Sophomore linebackers are ball hawks no way they can keep them off the field. New kid from Oklahoma is a beast at fullback and defensive end , he could be the fastest player on the team. The defense will be very good.
;D

Ball Hawk

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 25, 2014, 10:35:57 pm
;D

This Gurdon kid is obsessed with Dierks.

Call it Dierksessed.

FilmCrew

hummm...I don't think that one is a kid...What would you call an adult that is obsessed with Dierks High School Football team??

FilmCrew

Got it...An Outlaw Fan..

dragondad

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 10:43:19 pm
hummm...I don't think that one is a kid...What would you call an adult that is obsessed with Dierks High School Football team??

Stalker??? No wait.....Troll!!   ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 25, 2014, 10:37:47 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 25, 2014, 10:35:57 pm
;D

This Gurdon kid is obsessed with Dierks.

Call it Dierksessed

Chappelle, Pryor, Murphy, Williams, Cosby, Carlin...........all comedy giants. But, pale in comparison to humor of the Dierks posters and their preseason arrogance.

FilmCrew

How dare a high school kid post something on here about their team and be wrong... It's a good think your here to set him straight.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 10:45:08 pm
Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 10:43:19 pm

Stalker??? No wait.....Troll!!   ;D

Stalking? Trolling? That would be you.
I'm clowning. Know the difference. Head on back over to the Louisiana board, bro.

FilmCrew

Boy, I can feel the love from here Dragondad.

dragondad

He's still bitter about that loss from last year. Just....cant....let it go.   ;D

FilmCrew

Yeah, I have noticed that he doesn't like to talk about losses.  :-X

G-HIGH

Well I will. GURDON was outplayed and definitely out coached last year at Dierks aaaaand JC.
I am beginning to find the beating of the dead horse in bragging about a victory that was even 4 weeks ago a little mind numbing. We won this year just like Dierks did last year. Whooopeeeee!!
On the next game please. Dierks has no players playing for Mount Ida. We beat Dierks. Yes. They beat Dierks. Yes. We play them now. Yes.

Jaybo

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 26, 2014, 02:34:30 pm
Well I will. GURDON was outplayed and definitely out coached last year at Dierks aaaaand JC.
I am beginning to find the beating of the dead horse in bragging about a victory that was even 4 weeks ago a little mind numbing. We won this year just like Dierks did last year. Whooopeeeee!!
On the next game please. Dierks has no players playing for Mount Ida. We beat Dierks. Yes. They beat Dierks. Yes. We play them now. Yes.
Good point G. Completely agree with you. Should be a dandy this Friday between the Devils and Lions.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 11:17:23 pm
He's still bitter about that loss from last year. Just....cant....let it go.   ;D

Like I've said before, Gurdon can beat Junction City, Arkansas and Gurdon can beat the Claiborne/Union Parish Dragons. But, nobody in 2a is gonna beat both.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 09:43:14 pm

Like I've said before, Gurdon can beat Junction City, Arkansas and Gurdon can beat the Claiborne/Union Parish Dragons. But, nobody in 2a is gonna beat both.

You honestly believe that Gurdon can beat Junction?

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 11:25:24 pm

There aren't many to talk about. But, if we're gonna go by Dierks' standards, we've got about 10 months of shelf life left on the week 4 beatdown.

Jaybo

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 09:47:27 pm

There aren't many to talk about. But, if we're gonna go by Dierks' standards, we've got about 10 months of shelf life left on the week 4 beatdown.
Does that make me the only Dierks guy with the standard of this week is the most relevant and the others are in the past? LOL

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Jaybo on October 26, 2014, 10:26:42 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 09:47:27 pm

Does that make me the only Dierks guy with the standard of this week is the most relevant and the others are in the past? LOL

Nah. The guys I'm talking about know who they are.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 09:44:02 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 09:43:14 pm

You honestly believe that Gurdon can beat Junction?

You need to think about what I said.

Proud Buckaroo

I know exactly what you are saying, dude. Time in and time out it has been proven that Junction doesn't pad their numbers with recruits from Lousianna. I mean, the facts are there. Yet, consistantly. People like you keep assuming(now sound that one out) that they do.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 10:49:21 pm
I know exactly what you are saying, dude. Time in and time out it has been proven that Junction doesn't pad their numbers with recruits from Lousianna. I mean, the facts are there. Yet, consistantly. People like you keep assuming(now sound that one out) that they do.

Sure they do. I know this for a fact. It came straight from one of them. The numbers reported to the ADE are accurate. The number reported as attending Delhi Charter is also accurate. The Union Parish kids have Arkansas PO Boxes making them appear legitimate on paper. All that's been proven is that the AAA will do nothing about this.

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, because 3-4 Lousianna kids make the whole entire team. You're something else, man. You do nothing but reach, and grab for straws. Hoping you can find some excuse as to why they are better than your team...

RiverEagle079

OOOO i know because they work harder and play at a much better level than them.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 11:04:53 pm
Yeah, because 3-4 Lousianna kids make the whole entire team. You're something else, man. You do nothing but reach, and grab for straws. Hoping you can find some excuse as to why they are better than your team...

3 or 4?

dragondad

In addition, PO boxes aren't allowed for proof of residence. Just more trash lies to hide the fact that he's just bitter about his team getting smashed.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 11:18:55 pm
In addition, PO boxes aren't allowed for proof of residence. Just more trash lies to hide the fact that he's just bitter about his team getting smashed.

Priceless.
You guys have actually checked on it too, haven't you? It's amazing what you can get people to inadvertently admit if you accuse them just the right way.

Good night from the darkside.

bleudog

October 26, 2014, 11:27:10 pm #48 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:24:20 am by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 10:58:25 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 10:49:21 pm

Sure they do. I know this for a fact. It came straight from one of them. The numbers reported to the ADE are accurate. The number reported as attending Delhi Charter is also accurate. The Union Parish kids have Arkansas PO Boxes making them appear legitimate on paper. All that's been proven is that the AAA will do nothing about this.

A lot of Louisiana residents have Arkansas post office boxes because there is no post office in Junction City, LA.  If somebody wants a PO Box, it's going to be at the post office in Junction City, AR because just like the school, it's the closest post office to their front door. As DD pointed out, when it comes to documentation to confirm residence, a post office box means nothing. ::)

footballfrenzy

Smashed? No. JC smashed Des Arc at wms. It was a long ways from that v Gurdon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas