• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal/Bearden/England/Hall Scrimmage on Monday

Started by Pastureboy21, August 21, 2014, 02:25:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastureboy21

First looks at these squads on monday. Thoughts or predictions on how every one will turn out?

BigLion10

Still find it funny a 7a school coming to a 2a school to scrimmage

keohog

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 21, 2014, 03:03:30 pm
Still find it funny a 7a school coming to a 2a school to scrimmage
Hall has been down for a long time.

big E

keohog

Quote from: big E on August 21, 2014, 04:30:47 pm
Keohog how you been man?
I would be doing better if my son was playing football this year , I understand why he isn't and I back him in his decision.  Just going to miss him not playing.

big E

60Hog

Pastureboy21

Tigers99

#72 Bearden Bear

bigworm

Yall bring your skeeter dope!! And be careful. How many of yall will be there?

big E

bigworm

Sweet! Im sure ole bucket head will be glad to see ya.

Ric Flair

What time does the Sr. High teams start playing? Are mosquitoes really that bad at the Football field?

bigworm

bigworm

Quote from: Ric Flair on August 24, 2014, 10:03:13 pm
What time does the Sr. High teams start playing? Are mosquitoes really that bad at the Football field?

starts at 6

Pastureboy21

Mosquitoes are really bad, teams will start warming up and playing around 5:30. It's gonna be hawt

BigLion10

bigworm

BigLion10

the game

August 25, 2014, 09:08:52 pm #20 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:03:53 am by the game
Quote from: BigLion10 on August 25, 2014, 08:28:37 pm
Any updates
Bearden scrimmaged LR Episcopol in the first match up ...

bigworm

Bearden looked as good as advertised. Defense looked stout to me. Allie Freeman is gonna pick up right where he left off for Episcopal. Hall, well Hall is Hall. My lions looked good pretty good I thought. Got some things to improve on for sure but I was pleased.

jsky14

Pretty solid competition from all. Each team had a few moments. But they all will have some work for the rest of the week.

#72 Bearden Bear

How's #7 from England? I know he got lit up twice and lost his helmet both times. He did jump back up both times though. All the teams had they're moments, some more than others. Players were happy to hit someone else besides they're own team mates.

bigworm

that was #5 that lost his helmet. He's fine. he is as tough as they come. but he needs to be a little smarter. may wanna use a little different technique next time when there is a bull comin at ya. Bearden looked good.

Jesus Saves

I didn't keep up with who scored, how many times, with it being a formatted scrimmage.  I thought Bearden, although thin, looked good overall.  Need to shore up the secondary, but have the coaches to make that happen.  Single Wing package looked good.  What I didn't like was it seemed like Bearden played for 2 solid hours with no break.  I guess with 4 teams there, someone had to.

Episcopal looked pretty competitive. The Freeman kid is very talented.  I think their qb already knows where he's throwing the ball when he breaks the huddle.  That hurt them a little.

I was very impressed with England.  They have some really good athletes and competed at a different level than what I watched at Bearden a few years ago.  It looks like they'll have a chance to compete at the top of their conference.  I never want a team to be better than Bearden, but I enjoy watching teams that were so down a few short years ago, build numbers and compete again.

Hall is Hall......

cdelaney

Quote from: Jesus Saves on August 26, 2014, 03:18:25 pm
I didn't keep up with who scored, how many times, with it being a formatted scrimmage.  I thought Bearden, although thin, looked good overall.  Need to shore up the secondary, but have the coaches to make that happen.  Single Wing package looked good.  What I didn't like was it seemed like Bearden played for 2 solid hours with no break.  I guess with 4 teams there, someone had to.

Episcopal looked pretty competitive. The Freeman kid is very talented.  I think their qb already knows where he's throwing the ball when he breaks the huddle.  That hurt them a little.

I was very impressed with England.  They have some really good athletes and competed at a different level than what I watched at Bearden a few years ago.  It looks like they'll have a chance to compete at the top of their conference.  I never want a team to be better than Bearden, but I enjoy watching teams that were so down a few short years ago, build numbers and compete again.

Hall is Hall......
Pretty much agree with your assessment. Bearden was the most "together" team, executed the best. Probably less talented than ECS or England overall. I think they played in the first four 8 minute qtrs to complete their night earlier since they had the longest drive home. You should be glad you left before the mosquitos reached defcom4 alert level at about 8:00pm.
England will do well in their conference, definitely better than last year.
ECS was very sloppy; if don't execute better next week they could go to 0-2 in a three day period.
Hall had better numbers than recent years, but I am not sure they would be competitive in 2A or 3A, much less the 7A/6A combo. But maybe with better numbers they are on the long climb up to respectability. Hope so.

lionfan59

I agree that Bearden look really good! I was glad to see how well the Lions looked as well.  The line, even though small did an overall good job and giving the QB and backs just enough time.  Think as long as England can use their speed this year then they will be ok.  Going to be an exciting year.  Now off to find the Bison Fans and start smack talking. 

LCC

I hope Hall turns things around. Their coach is a great guy, and a good coach.

big E

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas