• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs Brookland

Started by Lions84, August 15, 2014, 12:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

jbtiger73

Sorry 84, but the Bearkats will take this one. Although i believe the Lions can put up some points against them. But that bearkat line will be too physical for them. And they have a pretty nice qb coming back from last season. Depth will definitely be an issue as well. They'll bring around 55-60 players. And most of them play both ways. But I do hope its very competitive though.

big E

BigLion10

Good luck to the lions hoping the win but got Brookland by two scores

mtindian42

unless the bearcats got a defence I could see clarendon wining this game.

purpleswag

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 16, 2014, 03:26:38 am

Why? Did Clarendon get an offense all of a sudden?

big E

They should have a good sophmore qb.

Cheek

Quote from: purpleswag on August 16, 2014, 06:16:08 am
Quote from: mtindian42 on August 16, 2014, 03:26:38 am

Why? Did Clarendon get an offense all of a sudden?

If Clarendon has any lineman at all, they will have the weapons to put some points on the board.   I have Clarendon by 7.

Donnie Jamon

Brookland has some big boys but they dont have anyone with speed.  I would go with Clarendon.  Brookland still a few years away

big E

Depth is goin to be an issue.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on August 16, 2014, 06:35:42 am
They should have a good sophmore qb.
I don't think they are using the soph as qb as of now...not sure why. I've been seeing Ro in that slot although he would be better utilized at receiver in my opinion. But I'm not a coach and trust them to do what's best. I do believe they will be improved.

jbtiger73

Thrash told me this summer at the camp, that he hated to put Ro at QB, but he wanted to have the ball in his best athlete's hands at all times. and he also has no other choice if they want a shot to do anything this season. apparently, the soph. QB wasn't quite ready for that kinda pressure. especially against a very big and physical team that the bearkatz will be bringing to south Monroe county.

big E

Unless Ro has beefed up he cant take alot of contact just not built for it.

jbtiger73

I was saying the same thing Big E this past summer. we were trying to convince him that lifting weights would greatly benefit him in basketball. he has the ability to play at the next level without a doubt. he just has to put in that weight room time. coach Thrash told him the exact same thing.

Lions84

I expect the Lions in a upset.

HorseFeathers

I don't see why Clarendon fans would expect an upset?

I know you expect to be better, but Brookland beat the 5th seed out of your conference last year in a 43-54 shoot out..That 5 seed beat Clarendon by 21 to end the season. I know the Lions are bring back 9 O starters and 8 D starters...but It's not like Brookland is starting over...

I'm going with the BearKats by 2 TD's plus....

MomaLion

Probably because we had so many injuries last season and hope to get a fresh start..or maybe wishful thinking. I have confidence in them :D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on August 18, 2014, 03:44:35 pm
Probably because we had so many injuries last season and hope to get a fresh start..or maybe wishful thinking. I have confidence in them :D

Optimism....I won't give my opinion :D...always expect the worst, that way the results at least beat expectations :D

MomaLion

Come on HF, we've got to have something to look forward to lol.

purpleswag

I have seen you on here whining about injuries before. Who exactly got hurt that would have made y'all so much better?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: purpleswag on August 18, 2014, 07:49:10 pm

I have seen you on here whining about injuries before. Who exactly got hurt that would have made y'all so much better?

Starting QB broke his hand in the preseason scrimmage..missed entire season...Which led to a WR playing QB instead of WR, so there's 2 starters back to where they are best at.

Another one I see in Hootens is a D-Lineman, gotta think that was a big loss for a school that struggles to find good Lineman..

Not from Clarendon but I'm bored and flipping through Hootens Magazine..

MomaLion

Whining? Please lol..we had numerous concussions, lost our best Sr to a broken ankle, lost one qb in scrimmage to a broken hand, lost the other qb/kicker to a messed up foot for several games...need I go on? Are you dense or do you not realize that a handful of serious injuries on a 2a team is the end of the line.

MomaLion

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2014, 10:53:36 pm

Starting QB broke his hand in the preseason scrimmage..missed entire season...Which led to a WR playing QB instead of WR, so there's 2 starters back to where they are best at.

Another one I see in Hootens is a D-Lineman, gotta think that was a big loss for a school that struggles to find good Lineman..

Thanks HF...gotta love the Hazen crowd lol.

purpleswag

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2014, 10:53:36 pm

I have seen that. I have a cousin that goes to school there so I I will ask her if she knows anything about this.

My speculation is that it's like most things in hootens. Everybody wants a reason their team isn't doing well.

purpleswag

Quote from: MomaLion on August 19, 2014, 08:20:32 am

Whining? Please lol..we had numerous concussions, lost our best Sr to a broken ankle, lost one qb in scrimmage to a broken hand, lost the other qb/kicker to a messed up foot for several games...need I go on? Are you dense or do you not realize that a handful of serious injuries on a 2a team is the end of the line.

I saw the broken ankle. And that kid was a good ball player. However, you lost all those games before you even got to hazen.

You guys even lost to cedar ridge which is far from a football school. My guess is the injuries is an excuse for the team not being good.

Not trying to knock any players in any way but sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. And sometimes it's not the kids fault either. Just sayin

MomaLion

Well, that's your opinion lol but when you lose your starting qb in the opening scrimmage...creating a situation with pulling the wr out of his position to cover qb...it's a problem. We have NEVER tried to say we were a good team right now due to rebuilding...so no need for excuses. We will leave that to Hazen and yalls choking issues.

big E

purpleswag

Quote from: MomaLion on August 19, 2014, 08:03:16 pm
Well, that's your opinion lol but when you lose your starting qb in the opening scrimmage...creating a situation with pulling the wr out of his position to cover qb...it's a problem. We have NEVER tried to say we were a good team right now due to rebuilding...so no need for excuses. We will leave that to Hazen and yalls choking issues.

That's cute. Lady I'm gonna make a valid point right now. The issue on the table is whether or not brookland has enough speed to handle Clarendon.

Well cedar ridge certainly doesn't have any speed and you barely put any points on them(their only win by the way). You want to talk about us choking and all but what about our injuries? We had a kid break his leg in the same game as your kid.

So how come it's choking for us and plain old bad luck for you. I happen to believe you make your own luck and you guys are full of excuses

HorseFeathers

It's choking for Hazen because your fans get on here beating their chests almost every year about being world beaters, then your team loses in the first or second round....

MomaLion

Exactly what HF said. We never proclaimed to be a great team...We take it game by game. Y'all on the other hand claim to win it all every year and choke. And as you pointed out our game was late in the season and you lost your kicker, not your qb. By the way, we also lost our kicker for a few games. Nice try though.

Donnie Jamon

Watched Brookland practice and if this game is even close then Clarendon isn't very good.  Brookland looks terrible

cav2012

cav2012

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 19, 2014, 11:37:02 pm
Watched Brookland practice and if this game is even close then Clarendon isn't very good.  Brookland looks terrible
Clarendon isn't good

cav2012

MomaLion

Thanks for your opinion, it really means so much lol. Our guys will be fine :)

purpleswag

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2014, 08:46:37 pm
It's choking for Hazen because your fans get on here beating their chests almost every year about being world beaters, then your team loses in the first or second round....

Fair enough but i'm new to the board and have done no such thing.  I answered a question and gave my opinion and never really brought up us and "winning it all."

But the first thing that was said about your team was an excuse.  And by the way the QB that went down in the scrimmage had only been there for a week of practice. I doubt he would have been a world beater. 

My cousin didnt know what happened with the d-lineman you talked about but stop with the starting qb going down excuse. And on a side note when you came here you played like three qb's!!

Looks to me that QB's going down isn't the biggest problem.  Maybe you need to fix the reason they're going down so much.

MomaLion

He'd only been qb for a short while because he didn't join the team till late. He's none other than our basketball player that hit the game winning 3 pt shot in the last second to beat Junction City in the semis last season...after having a broken hand.
What you aren't grasping is that we never claimed to be great. We know that it'll take time and effort to get there and playing guys in various roles is unfortunately a part of that process to find the right fit. Several concussions and injuries just aggravate that process. No excuses needed. You see, we stand by our kids and coaches win or lose as a community. So take your accusations elsewhere and concentrate on your team...good luck this season to all :)

purpleswag

Quote from: MomaLion on August 20, 2014, 12:20:35 pm
He'd only been qb for a short while because he didn't join the team till late. He's none other than our basketball player that hit the game winning 3 pt shot in the last second to beat Junction City in the semis last season...after having a broken hand.
What you aren't grasping is that we never claimed to be great. We know that it'll take time and effort to get there and playing guys in various roles is unfortunately a part of that process to find the right fit. Several concussions and injuries just aggravate that process. No excuses needed. You see, we stand by our kids and coaches win or lose as a community. So take your accusations elsewhere and concentrate on your team...good luck this season to all :)

I'm sure he has a great jump shot. We're talking football though

MomaLion

Ok, you must choose to miss the point...that's ok.

big E

Calm down momma cant help injuries they just have to play the games and let the cards fall .

horsepower1324

August 21, 2014, 06:21:05 am #40 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:22:37 am by horsepower1324
Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 15, 2014, 05:10:28 pm
Sorry 84, but the Bearkats will take this one. Although i believe the Lions can put up some points against them. But that bearkat line will be too physical for them. And they have a pretty nice qb coming back from last season. Depth will definitely be an issue as well. They'll bring around 55-60 players. And most of them play both ways. But I do hope its very competitive though.

It'll be interesting to see how close that number is. If it's around your estimation, then Brookland will be better this year.

purpleswag

Quote from: MomaLion on August 20, 2014, 08:38:35 pm
Ok, you must choose to miss the point...that's ok.

I understand your point but whats funny is that you give an excuse then say "no excuses needed."

You do so effortlessly that you don't even realize you're doing it

jbtiger73

I mean, playing against 2A schools, those numbers will be tough to handle. but we still put up 40 on them last year. its just when they get into conf. play is when u see if go down the drain for them. but I think clarendon with their athletes, will put up some points. maybe 20+. but brookland's depth and big o-line will be too tough to handle for the lions. plus they run their plays every 15 to 20 seconds. that's what got us last season. and it was very humid. so momma, hope your lions drink up.

big E

If you aint in shape by now well cooler weather is comin.

MomaLion

August 21, 2014, 10:40:08 am #44 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:42:29 am by MomaLion
Quote from: big E on August 21, 2014, 05:36:50 am
Calm down momma cant help injuries they just have to play the games and let the cards fall .
I know you can't help injuries. It's a dangerous sport, it happens. It's stupidity and arrogance that tick me off lol  ;D

MomaLion

I'm sure our Lions will be fine. Win or lose we support them always :)

RiverEagle079

Its ok Moma Hazen doesnt realize that they are the Dallas Cowboys of the 2A. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 21, 2014, 10:45:45 am
Its ok Moma Hazen doesnt realize that they are the Dallas Cowboys of the 2A. 

That's not exactly accurate, the cowboys have fans from all over. The only fans hazen has, live in hazen and some that do live there, don't like the hornets. Lol

RiverEagle079

I wasnt really talking about their fan base more on the choking aspect of the team.  In regards to your fan base Big E seems like he is a fan of hazen when you look at the 6AA board.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 21, 2014, 11:59:08 am
I wasnt really talking about their fan base more on the choking aspect of the team.  In regards to your fan base Big E seems like he is a fan of hazen when you look at the 6AA board.

Naw, big E is a P - W fan. lol

but yea, hazen does choke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas