• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benefit/Jamboree games for 2A

Started by jbtiger73, August 14, 2014, 11:56:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

please post benefit game dates, times, location, and all teams involved.

big E

Pw goes to cedar ridge on the 28th along with salem.

#72 Bearden Bear

Bearden is at England Jamboree on the 25th. Also playing is LR Episcopal and LR Hall.

jbtiger73

Unfortunately for us, were not having one. we were supposed to be one of four teams to scrimmage at Hughes High School. (not counting Hughes of course). but they canceled the event as of 2 weeks ago. and our back up plan Marianna, whom we played in last year's scrimmage, backed out on us as well du to their coach taking another job a week before their practice. ironically, the job that he took was an assistant coaching position at Brinkley. I assume it had a lot to do with the state taking over at Marianna.

jbtiger73

personally, im planning on going to the Carlisle jamboree. that should be very exciting. plus I have a co worker from Carlisle, and my son plays at Stuttgart.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 14, 2014, 12:04:25 pm
Unfortunately for us, were not having one. we were supposed to be one of four teams to scrimmage at Hughes High School. (not counting Hughes of course). but they canceled the event as of 2 weeks ago. and our back up plan Marianna, whom we played in last year's scrimmage, backed out on us as well du to their coach taking another job a week before their practice. ironically, the job that he took was an assistant coaching position at Brinkley. I assume it had a lot to do with the state taking over at Marianna.

What about the other teams that were planning on being at Hughes? SEems like one or both of them would make a good option for the Tigers

playmaker04

Cross county at manila August 26th

jbtiger73

well HF, they never told us who the other teams were that they were working on getting there. but I suppose they just dropped if because of lack of support behind it from the community. was hoping to play in the GUS Bowl. lol

bleudog

Junction City scheduled to have a senior high scrimmage at Lake Village on Tuesday, August 26.

(Junior high scheduled to be in El Dorado on Saturday, August 23)

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/images/2014-2015/2014%20Practice%20Schedule.jpg

big E

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 14, 2014, 01:04:22 pm
well HF, they never told us who the other teams were that they were working on getting there. but I suppose they just dropped if because of lack of support behind it from the community. was hoping to play in the GUS Bowl. lol
not only will they not host a scrimmage they wont even have a school next year the blue devils are done.

jbtiger73

hate to say it Big E, but you're right about them. looks like the Gus bus made a blank trip. looks like they're gonna be stuck in 1A because of numbers and definitely not by talent.

big E

This is it for them below 350 for the second year .

ISU7

August 14, 2014, 07:53:36 pm #12 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:26:49 am by ISU7
Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 14, 2014, 04:32:38 pm
hate to say it Big E, but you're right about them. looks like the Gus bus made a blank trip. looks like they're gonna be stuck in 1A because of numbers and definitely not by talent.
Nope their school is done after this year %KAIT8 NEWS..... ???

big E

MomaLion

When is the Carlisle event and who is playing?  I haven't heard of Clarendon playing except the scrimmage with Earle.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on August 15, 2014, 12:29:30 am
When is the Carlisle event and who is playing?  I haven't heard of Clarendon playing except the scrimmage with Earle.

Schools can only participate in one benefit game or jamboree.   The AAA receives all the gate from these events minus expenses. 

jbtiger73

I lived in the state of Tennessee for 6 years. Their high schools actually can play 2 benefit/jamboree games before the season. They're also allowed to play a spring game against another school as well. Do u guys and gals think that would work well here in Arkansas?

Qdog

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 15, 2014, 10:17:02 am
I lived in the state of Tennessee for 6 years. Their high schools actually can play 2 benefit/jamboree games before the season. They're also allowed to play a spring game against another school as well. Do u guys and gals think that would work well here in Arkansas?
Nope, Arkansas just voted to reduce amount of contact, so I that wont fly. Maybe more 7 on 7 ....... Team pad camps are allowed though.

heavyhittaz_7

Drew central @ hermitage august 26th

Qdog

Quitman, Rosebud @ Heber Springs. Sr and Jr

MomaLion

Who's playing in the Carlisle jamboree?

jbtiger73

Carlisle, Stuttgart, Dumas, and Rison

MomaLion

jbtiger73

next Tuesday on the 25. I think its at 5:30. im definitely gonna be at that one since we're not in one this year. it ought to be an interesting scrimmage. hopefully some of u bison folk welcome a tiger with open arms. and a popcorn and soda would be nice as well. lol

Ventman

BrianfromCarlisle

It's the 26th.  Vent can spring for popcorn.  I'll get you a coke! 

MomaLion

I would come watch but we have a date with Earle ;D

jbtiger73

I'll definitely take yall up on that. Lol. And momma, that sounds like a date from heck.

MomaLion

jbtiger73

just play the game. u never know how hard they may fight.

ARKDAD50

Where is the Earle and Clarendon Scrimmage going to be?

MomaLion

mhfcharlesi

Parkers Chapel @ LC Monday 25th Jr. High @ 5:30

Big Boy

Horatio at Dierks, 8/25.  The Outlaws had the annual Blue/White game last night.  The Outlaws won!  No really, the Blue won 30-13.  Go Big Blue!

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on August 18, 2014, 06:08:18 pm
Come on tiger, I will be there.

do worms get popcorn too? i have my video camera charged up amd ready to roll

jbtiger73

Worm, i'll take care of your popcorn personally if you come

bigworm

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 22, 2014, 03:25:59 pm

ill be there.

MomaLion

Does the Clarendon/Earle scrimmage start at 5:30 tonight?

Ole Man River

Spring Hill, Prescott and Ashdown will scrimmage tonight.  Jr High starts at 5:00, then around 6:30 the Srs will play.  The format will be 2 8 minutes quarters for the Jr High and 2 10 minutes quarters for the Sr High

Pit Bull

Quote from: MomaLion on August 21, 2014, 10:44:22 am
In Earle unfortunately.

It's going to be hot no matter where it's at....

MomaLion

Yep but I sure don't like that drive lol.

bigworm

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 22, 2014, 03:25:59 pm

I came, but didnt geat a single piece of popcorn.

playmaker04

jbtiger73

I was there too. Sorry about the popcorn.  Lol

big E

Cant believe you stiffed worm. Dang come on man

bleudog

August 27, 2014, 05:16:44 pm #45 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:57:37 pm by bleudog
Dang, somebody who would welsh on a promise to provide popcorn ought to be tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail.  It's rude behavior. It shouldn't be tolerated. That's the Woodrow Call code of the west.  ;D

jbtiger73

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 27, 2014, 07:24:11 pm
Im so ashamed of my actions :'(

I think everybody on the board should slap JB at least once a day until next friday for his punishment lol

BrianfromCarlisle

bleudog

August 27, 2014, 08:15:40 pm #49 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:17:19 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on August 27, 2014, 07:53:47 pm
Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 27, 2014, 07:24:11 pm
Im so ashamed of my actions :'(

I think everybody on the board should slap JB at least once a day until next friday for his punishment lol

Slap him and the horse he rode in on.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas