• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayer Request..

Started by HorseFeathers, August 06, 2014, 11:59:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

As some of you know my dad's been battling health issues(started with stage IV lymphoma, moved on to side effects from treatment) for the past year plus now....Tonight's news has been the biggest blow....The Hospice place in Russellville basically told us that if he lasts the week we'll lucky. So....for the guys that pray on here, I'd appreciate it if you keep the Mason family(that he gets to pass on in peace and not pain, and for us to hold it together without dad) in your prayers and thoughts.

Anyway thanks guys..

MomaLion

That's a hard blow to take...my mother passed a couple years back from lung cancer.  I will definitely hold y'all in my thoughts and prayers and I know that they will keep him comfortable.  There are no words of wisdom in times like these, just take refuge in the Lord and know that He will get you through. :'(

WPWells

Y'all are certainly in my prayers

mlt

Prayers for your dad and your family.

dragondad#1

God bless you and your family.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Prayers for you and your family HF. 👏👏👏

bleudog

May the Lord provide you and your family peace, comfort and strength thru the coming trial.

Ventman

Prayers from Carlisle. May God give your dad and family comfort and strength.

DogsWin7

Continued Prayers.  May God wrap his loving arms around all of you.

bdubyab60

Lost my dad last week. Praying for you and your family HF

DogsWin7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 07, 2014, 08:28:41 am
Prayers too you as well.  I'm sorry.

RiverEagle079

Prayers for the families of both losses

Just My Opinion

Prayers for you guys. Lost both my parents. Hard to take.

bigworm

Prayers from England. I am certain that God will wrap your dad and your family in his arms during this time as he always does. Never easy tho. I've heard a million times that God won't put more on you than you can handle. I don't believe God "puts on us". But i do believe that He uses troubling times to prove himself to us. If we could handle it all by ourselves we wouldn't need him. I lost my dad at 12. Now at 39 i can see how he used that terrible loss in my life to mold and shape me. Couldn't see the sunshine through all the clouds during that time tho. But that sun was shining just as bright as i ever has. I am confident that God will not fail. He doesn't even know how to fail. God bless you and your family.

Pit Bull

cuz

Sorry HF, may your father rest easier at this time. Sorry for you loss also bdubyaby60.......

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

brown2010

PRAYERS TO ALL FROM GUY AND LYNNE BROWN

Lions84

Prayers sent for you ,your family and friends during this time.

Texarkana_Piggie

praying for you and your family HF. 

RATTLER43

the game

HF ...  You , Your Dad , and the other members of the Mason Family are in my prayers ...

heavyhittaz_7

Prayers for you and your family HF and also the other family. May god be with yall...

The_Devil_Himself

Prayers for HF and Bdub.

Mohawk 54

Prayers to you HF and your family

HorseFeathers

August 07, 2014, 11:28:47 pm #24 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:20:25 am by HF
Thanks to everyone that's been praying. Went and sat with mom after work tonight...She's stronger than I am, I have to say that. I thank the good lord that Dad took care of most of the arrangements, or at least got them in order.

and Sorry BDub...I know what you (are) going/went through...Dad's basically gone mentally. He's not a vegetable or anything, but beyond knowing we're there in the room, he's gone. He hollers out random things and fights with the nurses, and wants to be up walking around(doc's say it's Terminal Restlessness, the body's Fight or Flight response to Dying pretty much sums up what it is). Just last week I was at his house and he was complaining about his yard, and talking to me about the garden I've been growing in his old garden spot...

MomaLion

Prayers to you as well.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on August 07, 2014, 11:28:47 pm
Thanks to everyone that's been praying. Went and sat with mom after work tonight...She's stronger than I am, I have to say that. I thank the good lord that Dad took care of most of the arrangements, or at least got them in order.

and Sorry BDub...I know what you (are) going/went through...Dad's basically gone mentally. He's not a vegetable or anything, but beyond knowing we're there in the room, he's gone. He hollers out random things and fights with the nurses, and wants to be up walking around(doc's say it's Terminal Restlessness, the body's Fight or Flight response to Dying pretty much sums up what it is). Just last week I was at his house and he was complaining about his yard, and talking to me about the garden I've been growing in his old garden spot...
Ive been doing the same HF. Dad struggled with diabetes and heart problems the last few years. He was supposed to have a leg amputated this week due to diabetes, I'm glad he didn't have to go through that.

Again God grant you and your family the strength to make it through these hard times.

Oldbadger

Both of you I pray the Lord will give you the strength to get through this sorrowful time.  I offer my sympathies to you both.  From Oldbadger and his family in Arkadelphia.

ISU7

Sorry to hear that Bdubya. God Bless you.

Qdog

I lost my Dad and my father in law within a 7 day period two years ago, I know how hard this can be. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Proud Buckaroo

HF,

I know the position you are in, and I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Lions84

August 12, 2014, 11:56:46 am #31 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:55:04 am by Lions84
Prayers sent.

HorseFeathers

thanks for the prayers guys....dad found the peace he needed last night....

bleudog

Quote from: HF on August 13, 2014, 08:37:00 pm

Condolences on your loss.

BrianfromCarlisle

Sorry for your loss my friend. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

HF, sorry for your loss. But he is in a much better place and no longer suffering. God bless your family.

amehr36

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend.

THA TRUTH

Tough loss but I'm sure he is with u every step u take

MomaLion

I pray for peace and comfort for you and the rest of his family/loved ones.  He is basking in the Lord's kingdom, praise God.

dragondad#1

HorseFeathers

Thanks guy..Visitations tonight, and funeral is tomorrow...Dad took care of all the arrangements for both really...all we had to do was pick out his grave site and flowers....and I dug through 2 big boxes worth of pictures to come up with the slideshow he wanted for them....*Sigh* so not ready for the tonight and tomorrw..

cuz

So sorry for your loss, may God comfort you and your family through this time of sorrow..............

big E

I lost my dad in 07 unexpectedly went turkey huntin for 3 days come home and me and my brother found him at his home a day doesnt go by that I dont think about himbut the tears have turned into smiles and yours will to.

HorseFeathers

Big E some already have. I think the week plus time i spent sitting nightly with mom at the hospice facility moved us forward. . .  . I still about broke down tonight when i seen dad. . But i know i'll see him again on the other side. We never had those talks but not long after he found out about the cancer he found the lord and you could see it in him with the change of attitude. He still feared dying and fought it until the very end, but i believe it was cause there was so much he left undone with us and he was scared that he was leaving mom here without him to take care of her like he'd done for almost forty years . .

Lions84

Prayers for both you guys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas