• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DETHRONE

Started by RiverEagle079, August 02, 2014, 01:16:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

The Kings of AA football have a big mark on their back for every beginning there will be an end. Will 2014 be The Dragons end of reign. Who is ready to step up in the AA and take that challenge!!!

cav2012

RiverEagle079

I think the best ones to have a chance at killing there winning streak is Smackover but as for winning the title I would have to go with Rison, Earle, or IF they stay healthy and commited Hazen.

Proud Buckaroo

+1 on giving us the credit for having the ability to do that.

RiverEagle079

Just giving it where it is due. By what I have been reading on here the bucks have some serious tallent.

bleudog

August 02, 2014, 07:08:21 am #5 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:16:31 pm by bleudog
Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 02, 2014, 01:16:13 am
The Kings of AA football have a big mark on their back for every beginning there will be an end. Will 2014 be The Dragons end of reign. Who is ready to step up in the AA and take that challenge!!!

But will there be an end to the number of different threads on the same topic?   ::)

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

RiverEagle079

One died on April Fool's Day the other on Cinco De Mayo. That seems odd but irrelevant and I like my title better than "The Mighty Dragons" or "Who is a serious challenger to JC this year??" that's probably why they have died out. This thread is not to praise the greatness of a AA team this thread is to discuss what team is going to run up JC's golden steps and spartan kick them off of it!

THA TRUTH

No 2a team will do it this year sorry unless jc has a series of injuries that's really the only way

Ventman

I think the Earl and Rison would be the teams that have a chance. Rison is coming to Carlisle the end of the month, so I will get to see them firsthand. They were good last year but not sure what they lost. What about Gurdon?

THA TRUTH

Gurdon could be salty ur losing their qb could hurt them a good but

bleudog

August 02, 2014, 10:00:59 am #10 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:15:09 pm by bleudog
Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 02, 2014, 07:51:31 am
One died on April Fool's Day the other on Cinco De Mayo. That seems odd but irrelevant and I like my title better than "The Mighty Dragons" or "Who is a serious challenger to JC this year??" that's probably why they have died out. This thread is not to praise the greatness of a AA team this thread is to discuss what team is going to run up JC's golden steps and spartan kick them off of it!

I don't know RE, DETHRONE sounds like something you'd find in DEBATHROOM and dats DETRUTH.  ;D

cuz

They are the Spartans of 2a............... ;)

bigworm

Maximus Demicus Meridius

bleudog

Quote from: cuz on August 02, 2014, 10:04:44 am
They are the Spartans of 2a............... ;)

Now cuz, you know THEY ARE DRAGONS!

;D

Yogi

August 02, 2014, 05:51:07 pm #14 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:21:55 pm by Yogi
Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2014, 08:27:20 am
No 2a team will do it this year sorry unless jc has a series of injuries that's really the only way
THA TRUTH is right , remember the built in advantage they have over small 2A towns .
  You're right bigworm , I should have said all 2A towns ,lol

bigworm

Quote from: Yogi on August 02, 2014, 05:51:07 pm
THA TRUTH is right , remember the built in advantage they have over small 2A towns .

all 2A towns

mtindian42

smackover beats them. and then they roll to another state cc game...

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on August 02, 2014, 06:04:40 pm

all 2A towns
Quote from: mtindian42 on August 02, 2014, 06:26:39 pm

Long as other schools worry more about this, I'd say JC hasn't a lot to worry about. Coach Carpenter has a great program set goals for his players and future players to strive for. He's at every Jr. High game watching, assisting, and looking for kids that will contribute to the success of JC football. Until other schools create the attitude of winning instead of whining they'll continue to lose. Worry more about JC's program and attitude and the closer you will get to dethroning them.. In the words of Bear Bryant listen and learn..................

Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.
Bear Bryant

RiverEagle079

I cant predict the future i dont know what it holds but they seem to have a few more teams this year gunning for that top spot gurdon, rison, bearden, hazen, and earle all have talent to beat them.

Yogi

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 03, 2014, 12:36:26 am
I cant predict the future i dont know what it holds but they seem to have a few more teams this year gunning for that top spot gurdon, rison, bearden, hazen, and earle all have talent to beat them.
Don't know about the others but Bearden will barely have enough players to field a team . Like THA TRUTH says only chance anyone will have is they have many , many injuries and I might add , if the buses running out of Louisiana break down , lol

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Yogi on August 03, 2014, 09:47:39 am
Don't know about the others but Bearden will barely have enough players to field a team . Like THA TRUTH says only chance anyone will have is they have many , many injuries and I might add , if the buses running out of Louisiana break down , lol
Please tell, what makes you think we'll have a hard time fielding a team?

Dragon I

Maybe he meant as good as years past?

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Dragon I on August 03, 2014, 11:58:25 am
Maybe he meant as good as years past?
I think yogi bear is talking about this year.

Dragon I

I know. I meant, maybe he thinks they will have a hard time fielding a team as good this year as the teams were in the past few seasons.

Yogi

August 03, 2014, 02:01:18 pm #24 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:18:36 pm by Yogi
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on August 03, 2014, 11:46:03 am
I got that info from Boo Boo ,so I called him back and he admitted as usual that he was exaggerating a little , he says the Bears should have 27-28 this year , so maybe things won't be as dire as my earlier post made out .

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Yogi on August 03, 2014, 02:01:18 pm
I got that info from Boo Boo ,so I called him back and he admitted as usual that he was exaggerating a little , he says the Bears should have 27-28 this year , so maybe things won't be as dire as my earlier post made out .
I was wondering, I know we have 15-16 Seniors coming back this year. As for next year, I really don't want to think about it.

RiverEagle079

15-16 is alot of pull for the AA

#72 Bearden Bear

This group of Seniors have played together since pee wee. Not sure if we'll ever see a group like this again.

whoknows

Most kids do play together from pee wee...

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: cuz on August 02, 2014, 07:14:33 pm

all 2A towns

Long as other schools worry more about this, I'd say JC hasn't a lot to worry about. Coach Carpenter has a great program set goals for his players and future players to strive for. He's at every Jr. High game watching, assisting, and looking for kids that will contribute to the success of JC football. Until other schools create the attitude of winning instead of whining they'll continue to lose. Worry more about JC's program and attitude and the closer you will get to dethroning them.. In the words of Bear Bryant listen and learn..................

Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.
Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant also had Mississippi and the Florida panhandle. It's easy to be philosophical when you have an advantage no one can counter.

cuz

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on August 09, 2014, 12:44:40 pm
Quote from: cuz on August 02, 2014, 07:14:33 pm

all 2A towns

Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant also had Mississippi and the Florida panhandle. It's easy to be philosophical when you have an advantage no one can counter.
With a record the Bear had he could be anything he wanted. Philosophical doesn't win games ,goals, hard practice, dedication win games.................

It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference.

Bear Bryant

Proud Buckaroo

Two words: Smackover Buckaroos.

That is all.

BUCK FEVER

the game

August 19, 2014, 09:46:32 pm #33 Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:00:25 pm by the game
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on August 04, 2014, 04:19:26 am
I was wondering, I know we have 15-16 Seniors coming back this year. As for next year, I really don't want to think about it.
I heard Bearden had 32 dressed out tonight for the practice game with 1/2 of them being Seniors ... I also heard the Junior High had about 50 or so dressed out and that they looked good , so the #'s next year should be about the same as this year ...

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: the game on August 19, 2014, 09:46:32 pm
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on August 04, 2014, 04:19:26 am
I heard Bearden had 32 dressed out tonight for the practice game with 1/2 of them being Seniors ... I also heard the Junior High had about 50 or so dressed out and that they looked good , so the #'s next year should be about the same as this year ...
Jr high did look pretty good, but they only had about 30 to 35 dressed out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas