• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1 England @ Carlisle

Started by bigworm, July 25, 2014, 01:32:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

July 25, 2014, 01:32:44 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:43:42 pm by bigworm
well, its close enough to start talkin about it. My lions put up a pretty good fight last year against what was probably the second best team in 2A. Without a key injury the bizen may have dethroned the south arkansas dynasty. Do my Lions have a shot at bringing that nice trophy home where it belongs? both teams will be pretty young in spots. both will be veteran in spots.

BrianfromCarlisle

I think this should be a good early season gauge for both teams. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on July 25, 2014, 01:32:44 pm
well, its close enough to start talkin about it. My lions put up a pretty good fight last year against what was probably the second best team in 2A. Without a key injury the bizen may have dethroned the south arkansas dynasty. Do my Lions have a shot at bringing that nice trophy home where it belongs? both teams will be pretty young in spots. both will be veteran in spots.

2nd best in 2A? Come on worm, they were 2nd best in the 6. 😆

BigLion10

My lions finally being the trophy home this year and keep it for the next few

echo5whiskey

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 25, 2014, 07:59:56 pm
been in Carlisle since it was created, better hope they can find it.  ;D

big E

Farmer finally got him a defensive coordinator so he can focus on offense lions could blow the scoreboard up with all those athletes.

footballfanz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 25, 2014, 04:08:01 pm

If carlisle played D A in the finals last year D A would have lost by 2 to 3 touchdowns]

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Well the only time des arc played carlisle last season, des arc won. That was at Carlisle too. So take your "IF" somewhere else.

Also, please learn how to use the quote feature correctly. I almost couldn't find your meaningless  statement.

Ventman

England is on the way up no doubt and many people on here aren't giving the Bison any hope for this year. I just dont know if I would do that, I think they will be better than people believe. And pick I know DA beat Carlise last year but the Bison did finish the year up pretty well and was driving with two minutes left in the JC game until we lost Deron. Would have been great to meet y'all in the final but it wasn't meant to be. I'm ready for September.

footballfanz

Big worm this should b a good game Carlisle has a good size on the line but young in most spots. Young backs that looked good at team camp at PA. Your little cats r small on line but have seasoned backs with a lot of speed and what I think will b the best QB  in 2a football by the time he is a Sr. Carlisle could have a new big back only time will tell on that one. I love my Bison but after this year my Lion pride will b a lot stronger. Good luck Bray hope u have a great year but with them skills u won't need it.

footballfanz

July 25, 2014, 09:58:25 pm #10 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:10:35 pm by footballfanz
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 25, 2014, 09:31:04 pm
Well the only time des arc played carlisle last season, des arc won. That was at Carlisle too. So take your "IF" somewhere else.

Also, please learn how to use the quote feature correctly. I almost couldn't find your meaningless  statement.
Sorry that I do not know how to work this thing that well,that was my opinion was not trying to make u pissy.   Carlisle 28 JC 38   DA 0 JC 60

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on July 25, 2014, 09:42:01 pm
England is on the way up no doubt and many people on here aren't giving the Bison any hope for this year. I just dont know if I would do that, I think they will be better than people believe. And pick I know DA beat Carlise last year but the Bison did finish the year up pretty well and was driving with two minutes left in the JC game until we lost Deron. Would have been great to meet y'all in the final but it wasn't meant to be. I'm ready for September.

I was only poking fun at worm. We fell apart against j.c. I would have liked to played y'all again too.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: footballfanz on July 25, 2014, 09:58:25 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 25, 2014, 09:31:04 pm

Sorry that I do not know how to work this thing that well,that was my opinion was not trying to make u pissy.   Carlisle 28 JC 38   DA 0 JC 60

I was only messing with bigworm when I posted about Carlisle being 2nd in the 6, but since you want to bring up scores, des arc 20 carlisle 14.

bigworm

Man, its good to have some action on this durn board!! Been dead for 2 weeks! DA was a great team last year. Carlisle was a great team too. Matched up well with each other it seemed to me.

I hope your right about that QB statement. The bison will always be the bison. Athletes like bo and deron are hard to replace. Not to mention Justice the Reed boys and all the rest of those seniors from last year. With that being said, Carlisle will be Carlisle. They have lots of tradition and will not go quietly in any game against anyone.

Ventman

I will root against the Lions for one game this year, the rest I will be one of their biggest fans ;D! The QB will be stout this year and will only get better as time goes by.

Sonofasonofasailor

This is about 2014 Carlisle/England so don't derail the thread. 

Carlisle likely takes several steps back this year so England definitely has a shot.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

July 26, 2014, 03:27:26 pm #16 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:01:27 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 26, 2014, 10:59:26 am

Carlisle likely takes several steps back this year so England definitely has a shot.

I plainly pointed out that carlisle was only 2nd best in the 6-2A, not the whole 2A. So stop trying to be the forum police and mind your own business,

bigworm

Quote from: echo5whiskey on July 25, 2014, 08:04:45 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on July 25, 2014, 07:59:56 pm
been in Carlisle since it was created, better hope they can find it.  ;D

Ouch!

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 26, 2014, 03:27:26 pm

I plainly pointed out that carlisle was only 2nd best in the 6-2A, not the whole 2A. So stop trying to be the forum police and mind your own business,

As I go about minding my own business, who ya got, Carlisle or England?

Cheek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 27, 2014, 07:14:00 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 26, 2014, 03:27:26 pm

As I go about minding my own business, who ya got, Carlisle or England?

Seeing how England has not beat carlisle since 2005, I'm going with England.

Dragon I

Pick_DA_EAGLES

BigLion10

Ready to watch my lions take the field

Ventman

39 days and counting till the Battle of the Beast! I'm ready for some Friday night football!

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on July 27, 2014, 10:13:06 pm
39 days and counting till the Battle of the Beast! I'm ready for some Friday night football!

Man, im with ya on that!! Aint nuthn like it! At least in sports there aint!

bigworm

When is the bizen next team camp? I need to come record it.

Ventman

I have no idea. My boy doesn't tell me anything.

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on July 28, 2014, 06:33:58 am
I have no idea. My boy doesn't tell me anything.

man, i thought i was the only one. i gotta just twist his arm to get anything out of mine.

Big Dave

No more team camps for Carlisle

RiverEagle079

I am going to go with Carlisle taking this one by a small margin. One or two touchdowns at most. It will definatly be a test for them to show that they will not be walked on this year.

Lions84

footballfanz

Lions84

Quote from: footballfanz on August 02, 2014, 09:59:52 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on August 02, 2014, 09:48:03 pm
I see England in a upset.
y would u think this would b an upset

I say this because Carlisle been the top 1-2team the past 10 years in our district.

Ventman

This game could go either way, lot of young players on each team. The team with the fewest mistakes wins.

bigworm

How them bizen lookin over there?

Ventman

Ventman

bigworm

Ventman

I think they look pretty good big. Ready for some football and some good ole deer hunting!

big E

Ahh deer huntin now thats what im talkin about.

bigworm

Football, and big ole delta buck deer. Dont get much better on this Earth anyway. I figure them bizen are gonna be tuff again, big. Im liking what im seein over here too. Im sure both teams will be ready to beat up on someone other than themselves by september 5th.

BigLion10

Less than a month away the time is drawing near

Cheek

bigworm

Im tellin ya!  Where is pick when ya need him to stir the pot a little!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 13, 2014, 10:03:10 pm

I'm here. Cheek offended me so I'm just minding my own.  😁

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 13, 2014, 10:32:00 pm

I am  sorry Pick. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 13, 2014, 10:51:26 pm

I am  sorry Pick. 

It's all good Cheek. How do Y'all look?

bigworm

Just whip his hinend, pick.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 13, 2014, 11:00:49 pm

Just whip his hinend, pick.

I don't know about that. He's a big ole guy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas