• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1: Junction City v. Smackover

Started by DragonBorn, June 24, 2014, 03:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

bleudog

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

Just curious. Whose number 15 fr junior dragons? He has been holding all night.....

Dragon I

15 has been whipping 54 the entire second half.  54 was not happy about getting drove into the dirt the first three snaps of the second half.

THA TRUTH

How's Davis look and what's the score

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dragon I on September 04, 2014, 08:53:46 pm
15 has been whipping 54 the entire second half.  54 was not happy about getting drove into the dirt the first three snaps of the second half.

Yeah. But he was HOLDING onto him.

Dragon I

Both looked like they had solid defenses.  JC had the better punter.  That was the difference.

Dragon I

Not those three.  He did hold several times though.

Proud Buckaroo

I do agree the punting is what made the difference.

THA TRUTH

If it didn't get called it's not the kids fault

Dragon I

JC had way better field position thanks to 4's punting.  Started twice I know of inside the 35. 

Proud Buckaroo

He's a really young kid. He just came up from the 7th grade team. There is promise in the junior bucks though.

Dragon I

The worst one was when 11 for Smackover jumped the snap on their last punt.  He was past the center when the ball was snapped.  I think they let it go because the Bucks had had three false starts in a row already.

dragondad#1

This was a good game...the 2 defenses came to play....#2 for smack was a beast(Mr. Rucks)...I think cramps really hurt our boys tonite but we got the W...GOOD job boys now back to work...

Proud Buckaroo

I got there right before half time was about to start. Who got transported on the ambulance?

dragondad#1

I don't know who it was...wasn't none of our guys...

Proud Buckaroo

i don't think it was any of our guys either. Must have gotten a call that they were needed.

Proud Buckaroo

Our announcer said to get to the game by 6pm if you wanted to have a seat. How many people are projected to be AT this game?

dragondad#1

Proud Buckaroo

Are you being sarcastic or is that legit? LOL.

THA TRUTH

That's not legit back in 07 at bearden there was over 10k at the game

Proud Buckaroo

Regardless. I'm getting there at 5:30pm. I do not want to stand up on the fence line all night. ha.

THA TRUTH

That's the best place to be man unless u can get on the sidelines

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 04, 2014, 11:13:07 pm
That's the best place to be man unless u can get on the sidelines

Depends on the field...I've been to a few that standing on the fence meant standing in sewage(I'm hoping LR Christian has fixed that since they are in 5A now ::) )

Proud Buckaroo

To me the best spot is, in the stands at the 50 yard line about half way up the stands.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 04, 2014, 11:30:00 pm
To me the best spot is, in the stands at the 50 yard line about half way up the stands.

That's the best...if they won't let you out on the Track

bleudog

September 05, 2014, 04:55:37 am #479 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:29:40 am by bleudog
 2014 DRAGON FOOTBALL PREVIEW.

By Wayne Pumphrey

The 2014 Junction City Dragon football season has the possibility of being the most exciting and historically important season ever in the program's history. Junction City enters the season as two-time defending state champions and has the longest overall winning streak in the state. They also enter the season with the longest conference winning streak in school history. On top of that, there are several individual career records that could be set and the first two wins of the season would put their coach in even more elite company.

Let's start with the most important thing going into this season.

According to the Arkansas Activities Association Record Book, eleven teams have won three consecutive titles. Of those eleven, only one team in Class AA has won three consecutive titles since the formation of the state playoff system. From 1986-89 the Barton Bears won four consecutive titles under legendary coach Frank McLelland. During this same time span seven teams have won two consecutive titles, including the 2008-09 Junction City Dragons. So a state title this season would put the Dragon football program in exclusive company.

The Dragons will go into the season with the longest winning streak in the state at 27 games, which is also a school record. They have also won a school record 24 conference games in a row. On top of that they will also go into the season as three time champions of the toughest football conference in the state, the 8AA. Just how tough is the 8AA? Five out of the last six state champions have come from this conference and four of those champions were Junction City teams.

So as you can see there is a lot on the line going into this season. But there is more. The first two games Junction City wins this season will give head Coach David Carpenter 200 victories as Dragon head coach. He is currently in seventh place on the state list for All-Time Wins at Same School. Overall Carpenter has 214 victories which places him in the Top 15 on the All-Time Wins list.

Since his return in 1996, Coach Carpenter has built the Dragon program into one of the very best and most respected in the state. With the success the program has obtained, the Junction City football program is now at a level where one uses the term All-Time when describing it, as in one of the all-time best.

Since winning their first state title in 2003, Junction City has an overall record of 124-16. During this same time span the Dragons have won seven conference titles, made six trips to the state finals winning five state championships and they have a playoff record of 37-8.

Junction City returns 14 starters from last season, seven on offense and seven on defense. On offense, quarterback Randall Holyfield returns to lead one of the most potentially explosive offenses in the state. Last season Holyfield passed for 1,587 yards which is a school record for passing yards in a season. Career-wise he has thrown for 1,638 yards. He needs 287 yards to become the Dragon's all-time passing yardage leader. Shaquille Hunter (2010 – 2012) is currently the leader with 1,924 yards. Holyfield also threw for 26 touchdowns last season, which was the second most in school history.

Joining Holyfield in the back field once again is Jaqwis Dancy. Dancy turned in another stellar performance last season by rushing for 1,674 yards and 17 touchdowns. Combined with his sophomore totals, Dancy is currently third on the Dragon's all-time rushing yardage list with 3,294 yards. He is 486 yards behind Justin Easter (2003 – 2006) who is in second place. Dancy needs, 1,201 yards to catch the Dragon's all-time leading rusher Marcus Godfrey (1997-1999, 4,494 yards).

Seeing time in the backfield and at wide out is the ever-dangerous Josh Armstrong. Every time Armstrong touched the ball last season, he averaged 20 yards a play. Look for him to be more involved in the offense this season.

On the offensive line, Matthew Freeman will be at center with Taylor Mason and DeJaveon Brown at tackles. Corey Kemp and Blake McLelland will handle the guard positons.

At tight end, Jamario Bell will start for the third year in a row. Bell, who has committed to the University of Arkansas, is closing in on several school receiving records. Last season he caught 23 passes for 346 yards and 8 touchdowns. By the time he finishes his Dragon career, he should own all the school's receiving records.

Defensively the Dragons had one of the best units in Class AA last season. With seven starters returning, this unit should be very tough again.

Madison Matthews, William Smith, Taylor Mason, Marquez Singleton and Jamario Bell will be on the line. Matthews and Bell (93 tackles, 15 tackles for losses in 2013) will be the ends with Smith and Singleton at the tackles. Mason (105 tackles, 14 tackles for losses in 2013) will play nose guard.

At the linebacker positions Matthew Freeman (120 tackles) and Josh Armstrong will start. Last season Armstrong set a school record with 195 tackles. He also had 15 tackles for losses. In the secondary Akeem Gibson, Quantez Brown, Javontay Rogers and Keyundra Evans are slated to start. Last season Evans had 110 tackles and 4 interceptions.

Overall the Dragons are very capable of returning to Little Rock. "I know it sounds like a bunch of clichés," Carpenter said when asked about his team's chances of repeating as state champions. "If we stay focused and take it one game at a time we will have a very good chance of going back to Little Rock."

Proud Buckaroo

The G Gaint

Proud Buckaroo

The G Gaint

dragonator

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2014, 09:13:41 am
Quote from: The G Gaint on September 05, 2014, 09:08:19 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2014, 07:40:44 am

12 more hours, guys.
YELP I CAINT WAIT I AM TO GET THERE EARLY

I'm getting there about 5:30-5:45pm.

You might be too late. We came through JC last night coming home from Smackover and there were several camping out at the gate of Dragon Stadium. :o :o

Proud Buckaroo

Hey. You never know? I was told to get there by 6. So that's what I'm doing. I prefer to sit in the stands than stand up all game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2014, 12:59:15 pm
Hey. You never know? I was told to get there by 6. So that's what I'm doing. I prefer to sit in the stands than stand up all game.
i think you and fever should sit on the jc side. 

Proud Buckaroo

cuz

Quote from: Oldman on September 05, 2014, 01:30:16 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2014, 12:59:15 pm
i think you and fever should sit on the jc side.
Me to. Right on the fifty, that's where I'll be in my JC shirt.
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2014, 01:36:44 pm
Wearing our buckaroo shirts.
My little brother is from Smackover and he'll be sitting right next to me in his Buckaroo shirt so come on the more the merrier........... ;)

Proud Buckaroo

I'm good. Lol. I'll be on the opposite side on the same location.

bleudog

September 05, 2014, 05:13:30 pm #490 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:18:24 pm by bleudog
Just a friendly reminder, everybody attending the game needs to buy a split-the-pot raffle ticket (I assume they'll be selling them just down the sidewalk from the main entrance).  I won at a well attended Bearden game one year and, if I remember right, it was over a $200 prize.   :o

P.S.  While I don't remember the exact amount, I do remember donating a sizable portion of that prize back to help Scorp out on his traveling trophy purchase. 8)

bleudog

Smack.  0
JC.     6

9:37 left in the first

cuz

Might be a long night lot of mouthing and shoving going on from both teams......

HorseFeathers

attitudes of the fans being reflected by the players?

cuz

Emotions running high for sure....turnovers penalties....

bleudog

Smack.  6
JC.     6

0:18 left in the first.

cuz

bleudog

September 05, 2014, 08:08:23 pm #497 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:18:33 pm by bleudog
HF, there's some pushing and shoving going on but a big problem is the crew. Whenever they throw a flag they huddle up for 3 or 4 minutes to decide what to call. The penalty on the opening kick off might or might not have been the right call (I didn't see whether it was but there were no flags thrown), but it came off like the Smack staff talked the refs into it. 

HorseFeathers

so we can blame the high emotions on junction city then right. . . . Seriously sounds like the refs need to their act together

bleudog

Smack.  6
JC.    12

8:17 left in the 2nd

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas