• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jody Grant is the new Bentonville HC

Started by Razorback Red, March 16, 2015, 08:00:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

March 16, 2015, 08:00:39 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:03:01 pm by Razorback Red
Sugartown actually beat me to it on the other thread, but I wanted to get away from the AR real estate debate and start a new one. 

Great guy, fantastic defensive coach.  I felt all along like he was the best internal candidate.  He's been with CBL a long time.  I wish CJG nothing but the best!

IMO, the only knock on him is the lack of HC experience.  I wanted a home-run name from the outside, but I do feel like he will do a great job.

ricepig

Where do you think he'll buy a house? J/k, was he the DC or OC?

Razorback Red

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 16, 2015, 08:29:25 pm
Too funny, Rice.  He was the DC.

I guess the big change up could occur next year, depending on who goes to BW and who follows him.

Tigerdad2

TigerHawg

Been reading a lot from players, former players, parents, and fans. Looks like thumbs up all around and I'm sure BL endorsed him as well. Good hire. 

Ambient

Quote from: TigerHawg on March 17, 2015, 06:27:55 am
Been reading a lot from players, former players, parents, and fans. Looks like thumbs up all around and I'm sure BL endorsed him as well. Good hire.

Would like to see what you are reading.  Links?

minerjack

Quote from: Ambient on March 17, 2015, 08:12:22 am

The school board meeting was last night.

TigerHawg

Quote from: Ambient on March 17, 2015, 08:12:22 am

Twitter/Facebook....im not going to link friends accounts but you can look em up

OPoraquê

Interesting.  Back in the early 90s MLB added the Colorado Rockies and the Florida Marlins in the same year.

Now, Henry Apple just tweeted that Bennie and new Coach Grant will have both a Colorado opponent and a Florida one this season, both at Tiger Stadium.

He's got a lot of holes to fill in his roster, particularly on the lines.  This will be an interesting season.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OPoraquê on May 12, 2015, 09:29:17 am
Interesting.  Back in the early 90s MLB added the Colorado Rockies and the Florida Marlins in the same year.

Now, Henry Apple just tweeted that Bennie and new Coach Grant will have both a Colorado opponent and a Florida one this season, both at Tiger Stadium.

How is that interesting? The two things have nothing to do with one another.

OPoraquê

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 12, 2015, 12:58:22 pm
Quote from: OPoraquê on May 12, 2015, 09:29:17 am

How is that interesting? The two things have nothing to do with one another.

Kind of like Colorado and Florida, two polar opposite (no pun intended in terms of temperature, but I guess I could make one) states if there ever were some in the Union.

I like both states, BTW, and just remember thinking how it was interesting that those were the two new locations chosen for MLB franchises back around 1993.  Fast forward 22 years, and Bentonville is getting two new football opponents from those states, likely the first two times Bentonville football (though not the other sports) may have played opponents from those areas.  Guess I could have said "coincidental?", but you're correct...those events really don't have anything to do with one another apart from involving sports and the Centennial/Sunshine States.

Instead of "interesting" I'll just say: "cool".  8)  (BTW, looks to me like this Tallahassee Rickards team may be a step down (in terms of records) from previous OOS opponents, but it's hard to know what this final "Bennie Unified" team is going to be, either, so it's probably a wise scheduling move.)

Baitshop

I'm curious that when Bennie splits, will the OOC schedules still be as challenging...??

Also, how does Bennie keep getting these national teams to come to them without a return game??

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on May 12, 2015, 07:25:56 pm
I'm curious that when Bennie splits, will the OOC schedules still be as challenging...??

Also, how does Bennie keep getting these national teams to come to them without a return game??

The same way Arkansas gets Nicholls St to come....

Spaulding

Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2015, 09:58:15 pm

Yep- their trip, lodging, etc is paid by fundraising. It actually works well as vendor hotels are not at occupancy from Thursday thru weekend. They are packed Mon-Wed.

Logically, scheduling should be less of a challenge after the split.

ricepig

Quote from: Spaulding on May 17, 2015, 04:40:27 pm
Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2015, 09:58:15 pm

Yep- their trip, lodging, etc is paid by fundraising. It actually works well as vendor hotels are not at occupancy from Thursday thru weekend. They are packed Mon-Wed.

Logically, scheduling should be less of a challenge after the split.

Well, they are usually pretty well booked on Hog home games, fortunately we have a road game to LR on the first one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas