• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A All-State

Started by The A-Team, November 21, 2018, 08:43:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The A-Team

Does anyone know when the all-state players will be selected?

the voice

Conferences will be allotted so many spots. Depending on finish , then the coach will pick who gets it. The conference coaches will usually all agree with recommendations.

STBruin

And it's a VERY FLAWED SYSTEM....

Yellowcake

Pretty sure it's LRCA's 22 starters and then everyone else is shooting for second team spots.

Oh stop it. I am kidding.

It is indeed a flawed system. Same in every sport, boys and girls. But it's what we have.

STBruin

Last year, Watson Chapel had more all-state selections than the state champ or runner up and I think they got bounced first or second round. Lakeside HS, had the same amount as PA... WR that led the state in TDs for all classes and was 2nd in yards in 5A and 4th overall classes didnt make it... its gotten where politics and not liking certain coaches hurts the players.

The A-Team

I was just wondering when not how.

STBruin

Quote from: The A-Team on November 23, 2018, 01:39:13 am
I was just wondering when not how.

usually teams that are eliminated early will start posting their players, then the AAA will come out and publish the full list, around Christmas.

The A-Team

Quote from: STBruin on November 23, 2018, 11:56:05 am
usually teams that are eliminated early will start posting their players, then the AAA will come out and publish the full list, around Christmas.
Thanks

Freight Train

Quote from: STBruin on November 22, 2018, 09:25:24 pm
Last year, Watson Chapel had more all-state selections than the state champ or runner up and I think they got bounced first or second round. Lakeside HS, had the same amount as PA... WR that led the state in TDs for all classes and was 2nd in yards in 5A and 4th overall classes didnt make it... its gotten where politics and not liking certain coaches hurts the players.
It is too political but the PA player was not a blocker which is half the game and that's probably why he didn't make it.

STBruin

Quote from: Freight Train on November 23, 2018, 03:56:01 pm
It is too political but the PA player was not a blocker which is half the game and that's probably why he didn't make it.

Possibly, but I have never seen blocking stats for WRs listed in the weekly stats. And when you are #1 in TDs and #2 in yards, you are doing what WRs are supposed to. All Conference can be your participation awards, but All State should have 0 politics involved.

Greyhands

Does anyone know were the All State roster is posted ? I know they have been selected but I am having a hard time finding them online .

RazorDad

Quote from: Greyhands on December 05, 2018, 05:21:23 pm
Does anyone know were the All State roster is posted ? I know they have been selected but I am having a hard time finding them online .

I believe it was mid-December last year, so sometime next week?

The A-Team

Quote from: RazorDad on December 05, 2018, 06:35:59 pm
I believe it was mid-December last year, so sometime next week?
it was in the Paper yesterday. Camden Fairview had 4 selected.

Greyhands

Quote from: The A-Team on December 05, 2018, 08:04:30 pm
it was in the Paper yesterday. Camden Fairview had 4 selected.

The democrat-gazette or just your local paper ?

Greyhands

The A-Team

Yellowcake

i see two names from LRCA who aren't on that list who should be. GM and CH.

It's not a perfect system. But it's what we have.

RazorDad

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 11, 2018, 10:19:08 pm

Agreed. And what is up with Bentonville putting up 11?

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 11, 2018, 10:19:08 pm

Yeah I was wondering what was up with that.  You could make a very strong argument for DB from LRCA as well.  Imperfect system. 

HeberFan

Perhaps the best system, would be, to drop the entire designation. 

Chin Music

Quote from: HeberFan on January 03, 2019, 02:23:28 pm
Perhaps the best system, would be, to drop the entire designation.

The designation as is is not really "all state".  It is the top players on a certain team.  It really doesn't matter if player 7 on one team is much better than player 2 on another.  Each school gets a certain number of "all state" players based on how they finished in conference.  Perhaps if they took the time and effort to select an all state 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team it would mean more than it currently does.

HeberFan

Quote from: Chin Music on January 03, 2019, 04:56:25 pm
The designation as is is not really "all state".  It is the top players on a certain team.  It really doesn't matter if player 7 on one team is much better than player 2 on another.  Each school gets a certain number of "all state" players based on how they finished in conference.  Perhaps if they took the time and effort to select an all state 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team it would mean more than it currently does.

Maybe, who cares if a bunch of coaches think you're the best, or second best or third best? Time for the designation to die.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas