• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 2a Girls Finals-Earle vs Hector (Thurs 5:15)

Started by HorseFeathers, March 06, 2016, 11:16:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who ya got?

EARLE
38 (65.5%)
Hector
20 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:35:13 pm

HorseFeathers

Seems to be Cinderella vs the beast from the east

bdubyab60

Good luck to guys HF. Talked to some folks from Hector while I was there. We cheered for them and they cheered for is until they left on that 4 hour drive.

But I think the Bulldogs are gonna be to much in the end. No one to check Earles two guards and a size advantage. Hector has two girls that can shoot it but I think Earle pulls away in the end.

Good luck to both teams and may it be a game for the ages.

Bigditchlion

Earle's freshman is just too good. She makes everyone around her better. The bottom line is that she will be the mvp as a freshman. Hector will have to double team her and shoot well to have a chance. Without earle's freshman I'd go with hector.

bulldogs84

Congrats, to the lady Bulldogs, bring it home. first,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mustangfans

Would much rather see Earle vs England fight for the trophy.

Dogg

2A boys and girls game are Thursday boys starting at 3:30

bdubyab60

One of the times is probably wrong. I would say the girls play earlier

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 06, 2016, 12:10:44 pm
Earle's freshman is just too good. She makes everyone around her better. The bottom line is that she will be the mvp as a freshman. Hector will have to double team her and shoot well to have a chance. Without earle's freshman I'd go with hector.

Earle was the third best team in 2A-3 without her and probably going to be state champs with her. What an addition she has been.

Lions84

OldManJenkins_

Hector is pretty dang good to. All this talk about earle is making me sick. Yes, the freshman is good. But hector has some girls that can play. I think hector is for real. and i think earle is overlooking hector.. Hector is gonna come out and play and earle is gonna be shocked. Stanek and Fountain can shoot well. the post for hector gets buckets under the rim. not to mention hector has some length and the ability to block a few shots. may the best team win but ol man jenkins is going with hector by a few in a close exciting game.

Bulldog4life

Earle is way 2 fast for anybody in this conference period.. Just being real can't no guard in this conference hold ro she had 38 against Forman and 30 points against england. She almost had a triple double against marmaduke. Lol those are the best teams in the conference right? Just a few facts. The freshman name is Roshala

bdubyab60

Hector has no one that can check Allen or Scott. The two shooters from Hector will not get the open looks like they did against Quitman. Earle will be out to guard those deep threes they were shooting. Scott will have over 5+ steals in this game easily.

Dont think Earle is over looking anyone. The freshman plays like a senior guard most of the time. If you havent seen her you have NO CLUE of what you are in for. She made Earle 20 points better as soon as she hits the floor.

ONly ones stoppin gthose two guards are themselves.

HorseFeathers

Sounds like hector might as well not show up thursday

Pit Bull

Quote from: OldManJenkins_ on March 07, 2016, 10:18:43 am
Hector is pretty dang good to. All this talk about earle is making me sick. Yes, the freshman is good. But hector has some girls that can play. I think hector is for real. and i think earle is overlooking hector.. Hector is gonna come out and play and earle is gonna be shocked. Stanek and Fountain can shoot well. the post for hector gets buckets under the rim. not to mention hector has some length and the ability to block a few shots. may the best team win but ol man jenkins is going with hector by a few in a close exciting game.

Lol! How do you overlook someone in a championship game? Coach Garret had those girls practicing and running line drills after the bus got back from the Semifinals game... This game is much too important....

bdubyab60

They will have to play the best game they have all year HF just like we are going to have to in the boys final.

Go in do your best and see where the chips fall. Hector and EPC are big underdogs in these games.

HorseFeathers

Meh....Hectors playing with house money, we were supposed to lose to spring hill, then riverside, and then quitman. No pressure on Hector, if you ask me.

bdubyab60

Guess EPC is the same. Pretty sure many had us losing to England, Pick em against Hector and had MT beating us. The way the season went there was no way I thought we would make it. But things sure changed in a hurry.

All this going on and Im stuck in atlanta for a conference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 07, 2016, 11:57:55 am
Guess EPC is the same. Pretty sure many had us losing to England, Pick em against Hector and had MT beating us. The way the season went there was no way I thought we would make it. But things sure changed in a hurry.

All this going on and Im stuck in atlanta for a conference.

Smh....time for a "family emergency"....

bdubyab60

RedWolf275

Quote from: HF on March 07, 2016, 11:50:59 am
Meh....Hectors playing with house money, we were supposed to lose to spring hill, then riverside, and then quitman. No pressure on Hector, if you ask me.

HF. Don't think you were Suppossed to lose to Riverside.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 07, 2016, 12:23:54 pm
HF. Don't think you were Suppossed to lose to Riverside.

Just going off what I seen on here...might have just been to much NEA posters I've been readng lol

Dogg

March 07, 2016, 04:40:26 pm #22 Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:40:24 pm by Dogg
Quote from: OldManJenkins_ on March 07, 2016, 10:18:43 am
earle girls are not on this forum so they can't be over looking Hector. Earle was a 4 seend in their district tournament and everyone thought the freshman was all hype and been over looking Earle and her. Read the Gazett when it was crunch time against England the freshman says " coach we are not loosing this game" ask Dub and DJ they will tell you there is know one on your team that can guard her!

bdubyab60

No one in 2A ball. Sick handles. 3 point shooting and freethrows sometimes are the things she needs to work on. But she can get hot from 3 in a hurry. Open floor you can forget it. she is going ot make you look silly

Bulldog4life

Bulldog4life

March 07, 2016, 07:43:57 pm #25 Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:47:00 pm by Bulldog4life
This not Ro first rodeo neither she has played in numerous  aau championships In front of big time d1 schools.

dragondad#1

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I watched her Saturday and she is real good...when england made their run she never panicked just played her game...also they are a fiesty bunch that plays well together...#23 can also shoot lights out...good luck to both teams Thursday...

I didn't get a chance to see epc play but boy Earle is good...they shoot, rebound and run the floor well... Again good luck to both teams...everyone travel safely and keep us updated...

NEark tigers

Quote from: dragondad#1 on March 08, 2016, 03:02:29 pm
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I watched her Saturday and she is real good...when england made their run she never panicked just played her game...also they are a fiesty bunch that plays well together...#23 can also shoot lights out...good luck to both teams Thursday...

I didn't get a chance to see epc play but boy Earle is good...they shoot, rebound and run the floor well... Again good luck to both teams...everyone travel safely and keep us updated...
Thanks for the support, dragondad...

Although I wasnt at the game, but I did see the highlight of Grayson's thunderous dunk online. He is a great ballplayer. Has he signed with anybody, because UAPB needs someone like him.

dragondad#1

Ty hasn't signed anywhere yet that I'm aware of... He is good player and a good kid... Sometimes I think he should have stepped up a Lil more but we are proud of him and the rest of our boys...

Basketballfan21

dc3

Quote from: HF on March 07, 2016, 11:50:59 am

Right. They have gone into each game with nothing to lose and have left everything that they have had on the court. They seem to play to their opponents level, which has cost them some games this year. Playing teams that they should have beat, but just stepped down to their level. No one expected them to get to this point. Of course I am pulling for them being an alum, but hey if they win I will be super proud of them and if they lose I will still be super proud of them. They have already made history for Hector Lady Wildcat basketball!

dc3

ISU7

Girls and boys team has pretty good height....

Mustangfans

March 09, 2016, 06:49:09 pm #33 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:38:34 am by Mustangfans
I just hope it's a good game for the Hector fans. Have never seen them play, but Earle has had their way against every team except England. The only way I see Hector winning is if Roe has an off night. Good luck to Hector and the Doggs. Someone will bring home the schools first ever girls state title.

dana_lou

go hector wildcats i am thanking you can do this. Play as a team and we will have the win  ;D

bdubyab60

Quote from: dc3 on March 09, 2016, 11:26:01 am
What does the size of Earle look like?
Earle has 4 girls that are 6' at least or pretty darn close. They rotate them without much drop off between them. Really good guards and a couple of snipers from 3.

wiseguy

March 09, 2016, 10:45:05 pm #36 Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:49:06 pm by wiseguy
  GO HECTOR-SHOW UP AND SHOW OUT  8) 8) 8)

HorseFeathers

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/hector-high-school-hector-high-school-ar

That link is for the livestream, will cost 10 bucks to watch it, but better than missing it if you can't make the trip

Big Cat Daddy

Big Cat Daddy

HorseFeathers

nightowl

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2016, 12:03:22 pm
Some of us don't have satellite, or cable 8)
some of us ain't smart enough to use compoters. I'm outta here headed to the spa city!

nightowl

Coach Garrett ,  his staff , and his team are not over looking Hector  . But will make history today when they arrive at the summit for the game  . Where they will play the game of thier life for some it will be their last high school game .

And that the bottom line
Because the Owl says so

Go Nation Go

Brian G

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: nightowl on March 10, 2016, 01:54:08 pm
Coach Garrett ,  his staff , and his team are not over looking Hector  . But will make history today when they arrive at the summit for the game  . Where they will play the game of thier life for some it will be their last high school game .

And that the bottom line
Because the Owl says so

Go Nation Go
And the owl goes Whoooooooo !!! Whoooooooo!!!

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas