• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-2 District Tournament @ salem

Started by HorseFeathers, February 14, 2016, 05:57:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

February 14, 2016, 05:57:21 pm Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:05:44 pm by HF
2/15
Salem vs Midland in the 6 vs 7 game

RedWolf275

Pretty sure I saw somewhere on FF that this tournament was at Salem.

spursfan

Tonight's Game:

(6) Midland vs. (7) White Co Central (Girls)
(6) Salem vs. (7) Midland (Boys)

Can someone update the scores tonight?

NoPlace2

Girls - WCC 47 - Midland 45
Boys - Midland 56 - Salem 50

Two good games - Refs were their usual terrible self all night!

spursfan

Tuesday Games

4:00 (4) Pangburn vs (5) Walnut Ridge (Girls)
5:30 (4) Tuckerman vs (5) Pangburn (Boys)
7:00 (3) Sloan Hendrix vs (7) White Co Central (Girls)
8:30 (3) White Co Central vs (7) Midland (Boys)

Winners will advance to the Regional Tournament next week

spursfan

Cheek

Quote from: spursfan on February 15, 2016, 09:17:56 pm
Tuesday Games

4:00 (4) Pangburn vs (5) Walnut Ridge (Girls)
5:30 (4) Tuckerman vs (5) Pangburn (Boys)
7:00 (3) Sloan Hendrix vs (7) White Co Central (Girls)
8:30 (3) White Co Central vs (7) Midland (Boys)

Winners will advance to the Regional Tournament next week

WR girls win
Tuckerman boys win
SH. Girls win
WCC. Boys win

NoPlace2

Salem Girls 70-43 over Walnut Ridge today in Semi-Finals

NoPlace2

Walnut Ridge Boys over Tuckerman 72-57
Tuckerman Girls over Sloan-Hendrix 45-43

NoPlace2

White County Central Boys over Sloan-Hendrix 68-58

Finals Sat
Girls Salem vs Tuckerman
Boys Walnut Ridge vs White County Central

redrider30

BoxNOne

February 20, 2016, 10:02:07 am #11 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:03:38 am by BoxNOne
Redrider, according to the paper the girls game starts at 5:30 with boys following. If you go please keep us updated.

redrider30

RedWolf275

Looks like Salem is the class of that conference.

Ballfan1

Salem girls won 42-39 against Tuckerman
It's always easier to win when the refs help out.

Baller_34

That's always everyone's excuses!! How many free throws did Tuckerman miss and what was the rebound count?

Ballfan1

Not an excuse my opinion from watching a game. I'm entitled to it.
When fouls are called on one end and not the other, it's not hard to see.

Baller_34

ISU7

Marked Tree 68
Earle 59 finals boys..

NEAscout100

Looks like Sloan will get Earle and Tuckerman has Marked Tree.

Ballfan1

Answered it as much as I'm going to. Move on.

Fan9876

So what is the breakdown for the girls?  Who got third and who got fourth?

BoxNOne

Quote from: NEAscout100 on February 20, 2016, 07:19:43 pm
Looks like Sloan will get Earle and Tuckerman has Marked Tree.

I don't like Sloan or Tuckermans chances here, home court or not.

ISU7

Quote from: Fan9876 on February 20, 2016, 07:22:57 pm
So what is the breakdown for the girls?  Who got third and who got fourth?
3-2A girls
Earle
Epc
Marmaduke
Riverside.....

Boys
Marked Tree
Earle
Epc
Cross County...

Baller_34

That's what I figured, always easier to blame the refs. How many times did the coach call the wrong play tonight but oh well blame the refs!!

Fan9876

Ballfan1

Girls pretty sure Sloan is 3rd and Walnut Ridge is 4th.

BoxNOne

1. Salem
2. Tuckerman
3. Sloan Hendrix
4. Walnut Ridge

Fan9876

ISU7

Walnut Ridge girls better be in shape next week. The freshman guard from Earle is a nightmare, she has the complete game and is a ball hawk on defense. :-X 8)

ASURedWolf6

White County beating WR in the district finals makes WR's road to the state tourney a little bit tougher.. EPC awaits.

NoPlace2

A Tuckerman Fan complaining about Home Court Refs? Now that's Priceless! I'll agree the Officiating sucked but it went both ways and it was good defense on your big girls in middle that won that game for Salem - stop her and you stop Tuckerman - she just got frustrated from the get go and couldn't handle the heat. Wasn't any bad calls in that six minute stretch when Salem gave back that 16 point lead was there? I'm all for ya now though as I'd love to see 2A-2 put 2A-3 down! 

Ctucker

I didn't have a problem with refs besides the big one that wanted to be a hero in the last 3 minutes of boys game he was terrible.

NoPlace2

I agree with that - Walnut Ridge couldn't hit the ocean in the first half and that prob cost them the game but if any team tonight had a legit complaint about refs it was WR in the last few min and yet they almost had it handed to them at the end. I've said it all season and I'll say it again - AAA should be completely ashamed by the Refs they put  on the floor.

Greyhound#1

First off them defiantly not hometown refs.  The officiating was terrible I agree but it was both ways.  The boys game they probably blew have there calls but again it was both ways.  I know for sure one of those refs hates salem so I don't think there was any advantage of other fan support and being in there home gym.  Heck Tuckerman fans packed the gym.  There a heck of team and they battle to the end but someone has to loose. 

Ctucker

The refs were terrible all night but that guy made 3 terrible calls that gave WR a chance to win. And there bad shooting might have been the defense. But WR is a great team and a great bunch of kids. Our boys and them played summer ball together so it was bittersweet but there kids are a very classy bunch. Good luck to WR we will be rooting for y'all at regional.

Ballfan1

February 21, 2016, 12:18:37 am #36 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:26:28 am by Ballfan1
No different than Salem's fans complaining when they lost in Tuckeman but isn't that how it usually goes? And like I said earlier, it's my opinion, no one has to agree with it. And the refs were terrible all night. I'll also be cheering on the 2A-2 schools would love for some of our teams to win!

Ctucker

By the way Salem has the best popcorn of any gym I've been in.

Ballfan1

And fountain drinks at a basketball game are the best!

sidewalk

2a-2 officiating has been horrible all year! Good luck to all teams in Regional!

sidewalk

Quote from: NoPlace2 on February 20, 2016, 11:26:02 pm
A Tuckerman Fan complaining about Home Court Refs? Now that's Priceless! I'll agree the Officiating sucked but it went both ways and it was good defense on your big girls in middle that won that game for Salem - stop her and you stop Tuckerman - she just got frustrated from the get go and couldn't handle the heat. Wasn't any bad calls in that six minute stretch when Salem gave back that 16 point lead was there? I'm all for ya now though as I'd love to see 2A-2 put 2A-3 down! 

There was no heat to handle. Tuckerman did not play as a team and one person can't win or lose a game alone. As you mentioned, the officiating sucked too.

bighurt411

Quote from: Ballfan1 on February 21, 2016, 12:18:37 am
No different than Salem's fans complaining when they lost in Tuckeman but isn't that how it usually goes? And like I said earlier, it's my opinion, no one has to agree with it. And the refs were terrible all night. I'll also be cheering on the 2A-2 schools would love for some of our teams to win!
The refs were terrible in the 2A West also. They have been pretty inconsistent all year.

neafan0653

I don't think Walnut Ridge would be top 5 in the 2a-3 honestly

Ctucker

BoxNOne

WR will get a chance to prove it. EPC was 3rd in district and 4th in conference.

NoPlace2

I haven't seen 2A-3 play this year but WR and WCC boys are well coached and both play good Team Basketball. I don't think either one will roll over for anyone. Sloan will have to play exceptionally well and shoot lights out probably to win a game but they are capable of that too. I don't see a 2A-3 sweep this year - should be some good games.
Salem Girls play good D and are pesky. Shooting is suspect although they've been better here lately. Also well coached and won't give up easily. Tuckerman same way and #32 in the middle plays tough -she's one motion to the hoop as soon as she touches the ball and doesn't miss many. I would expect one or both of them to win at least a first round game.
Everything seems to be contingent on calls though - that's a bigger unknown than how well teams play - Seems pretty clear that if Regionals go the way Districts did there will be plenty of fouls called so will depend on if it stays fairly even both ways and who has to sit early with two or three fouls.

ridgerunner14

ridgerunner14

February 21, 2016, 02:49:24 pm #47 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:15:50 pm by ridgerunner14
A

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas