• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District Tournament @ Marked Tree

Started by birddawg1986, February 05, 2016, 01:05:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

We don't have much of a history of moving players up and helping us. It maybe because we've always been pretty good and it's hard to change things up late in the year. Remember that Bopp moved up but didn't play or contribute and she was pretty good.

NEA Razorback olfan

Yes Sir, I understand.
We moved our 3 Freshman up, they have been working out with our Sr girls.
Interesting to see if coach uses any of them tomorrow night vs Highland

Bigtimebasketballfan

surprising loss by rector but congrats to cross county

birddawg1986

RedWolf275

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on February 16, 2016, 10:31:43 am
surprising loss by rector but congrats to cross county

This conference is down considerably especially the bottom half.

bdubyab60

CC 26 Duke 18 at half. A total of 8 fouls called. Letting em play

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Cc has no sense of ergency to try and score for some reason.

RedWolf275

There coach seems to like that slow down style.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 16, 2016, 06:26:27 pm
There coach seems to like that slow down style.
Big kid has taken over down the stretch. But they pass up what are good driving oppurtunties. There's slowing down and then there's just standing around

bdubyab60

RedWolf275

They love to sit on the ball with a lead

bdubyab60

55-52 CC with 35 seconds. cC ball

Duke had it and travelled

bdubyab60

CC turns it over on the inbounds. Duke then buries a 3 on there inbounds play. CC misses 2 or three shots as the clock runs out.

55 all headed to OT

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

That's the final there. Duke coach told ref he is to old for this game lol

RedWolf275

bdubyab60

Well he is old lol. And calling the next game. He did make a couple tough calls that went against Duke late.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

15-7 Rebs end of one. Mills doesn't have much to work with but you can tell they are well coached. Rebs will be to much though.

bdubyab60

23-13 Rebs at the half. Hit a 3 at the buzzer

bdubyab60

35-21 Rebs with 350 left in the 3. Rector trying to get in to a 3 point shooting contest with them.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

6 threes in the quarter for riverside. Only 4 total shots taken from inside the arc by either team in the quarter. Rebs 1 of 2 from the line and inside the arc. Rector hit fewer

bdubyab60

Rector looks like they have finally ran out of gas. 50-30 Rebs 636 to go

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

64-47 final riverside. They shoot like they did in the 3rd and they will be tough to beat.

BoxNOne

Good win for the Rebels who played without starter Chris Sain.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

50-16 EPC at half. Wish this was more competitive. CRA plays hard but they are just outmatched and it doesn't help that our starters will only get 6 minutes of playing time.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 16, 2016, 08:29:23 pm
Good win for the Rebels who played without starter Chris Sain.

What's wrong with Sain?

BoxNOne

Hurt his ankle against Brookland last Friday.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BoxNOne

Have not heard about his status for EPC Thursday, Mustang. But I do know the Rebels will need him to have a shot in that game.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Yes,  You hate to see injuries anytime but especially late in the season.  Hope he can come back this season.

NeaBaller21

There should be some good games tomorrow night!!

ASURedWolf6

Regional play-in games are always intense and fun to watch. I don't comment on here much, but I'm going with BIC over CC, and EPC over Riverside in a tough one. If Riverside shoots it as well as they did on Tuesday night, look out.

In girls, I think Earle wins in a no doubter and Riverside wins. How much better does Earle become with that freshman moving up?

Baller_34

Their best junior high player is an 8th grader I believe

BoxNOne

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 17, 2016, 11:30:48 pm
Regional play-in games are always intense and fun to watch. I don't comment on here much, but I'm going with BIC over CC, and EPC over Riverside in a tough one. If Riverside shoots it as well as they did on Tuesday night, look out.

In girls, I think Earle wins in a no doubter and Riverside wins. How much better does Earle become with that freshman moving up?

You never know about team chemistry when you move a junior high player up, but ability wise there is no doubt she will bring a lot to the table. I believe she will give Earle a shot to beat Marmaduke in semis.

MikelB

Did something change with Riverside over the last couple weeks because EPC beat them both meetings during regular season.  I'm not sure how much the freshman moving up will help Earle, she's good but I think she will find the competition a lil tougher than what she has been used too.  Marmaduke beat them both meetings in regular conference play as well.  I look for Duke to take the whole thing.

NeaBaller21

I agree! If Riverside shoots good, then it's a toss up for me.

RedWolf275

Boys
BIC over CC by 6
EPC over Riverside by 12

Girls
Earle over CC by 25
Riverside over BIC by 20

Mustangfans

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 18, 2016, 07:06:25 am
You never know about team chemistry when you move a junior high player up, but ability wise there is no doubt she will bring a lot to the table. I believe she will give Earle a shot to beat Marmaduke in semis.
I wonder how much she's practiced this the Sr High girls this year? If her and the team aren't on the same page then it'll be a Marmduke show. Taylor moved McFarlin up last year and he made a big impact on the team. Guess we'll see tonight.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 18, 2016, 11:36:31 am
I wonder how much she's practiced this the Sr High girls this year? If her and the team aren't on the same page then it'll be a Marmduke show. Taylor moved McFarlin up last year and he made a big impact on the team. Guess we'll see tonight.
I think she only makes them better. The games I've seen her she really tries to keep everyone involved.

BoxNOne

redrider30

Not sure how good the chemistry will be when Earle has to sit what maybe an all conference starter to play the freshman but we'll see soon enough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas