• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District Tournament @ Marked Tree

Started by birddawg1986, February 05, 2016, 01:05:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

The one ref was in tales from the crypt. You know it's bad when the youngest of the 3 is 70.

bdubyab60

May have been over 100 fouls called in the last two games

redrider30

Just pitiful the last two games and the boys game was worse than the girls. Don't believe they were cheating just all around horrible.

Pit Bull

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 19, 2016, 07:51:09 pm
If Earle wins Riverside will be #4. The Scott girl can really play. And like Bdub said, her basketball instincts are excellent. ASU needs to be paying attention to her.

More like UCONN

ISU7

February 20, 2016, 02:52:28 am #254 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:32:57 pm by ISU7
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 19, 2016, 07:52:31 pm
Thanks for the name, I been saying it wrong all night
Her name is Roshala Scott 8)

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 19, 2016, 11:34:45 pm
More like UCONN
Exactly what I said Notre Dame, ,Maryland Tennessee, Baylor etc.

Mustangfans

Quote from: ISU7 on February 20, 2016, 03:16:59 am
Maybe she'll decide to go to Kentucky. Hahaha That wasn't funny was it?

Pit Bull

Quote from: ISU7 on February 20, 2016, 03:16:59 am

She's a good student, the sky is the limit at this point...

RedWolf275

According to the paper her name is Roshala Scott.

bdubyab60

zebra73

Can a freshman make Jr/Sr all district? She is good and she will make a big difference for the lady bulldogs.

Mustangfans

Quote from: zebra73 on February 20, 2016, 10:28:07 am
Can a freshman make Jr/Sr all district? She is good and she will make a big difference for the lady bulldogs.
She'll make all regional, all state and who knows maybe state mvp. That would be sweet for a freshman to get those honors. It would definitely be a hot topic.

redrider30

You can't be all conference in Sr. High if you never played a game all year. As for as all region according to AAA there is no official all region. It was stopped 2 years ago but BIC gave out all region all by themselves last year. So I guess that's up to the host school. No all region at Pangburn 2 years ago but BIC did last year.

Mustangfans

In your effort to take a shot at BIC you failed to mention AAA regulations about all state and state mvp for a freshman who didn't play in a regular season game.

birddawg1986

She makes a BIG difference in making the lady dawgs go. Earle-EPC ladies contest should be a dandy.

Dogg

redrider30

February 20, 2016, 01:08:59 pm #268 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:11:04 pm by redrider30
It wasn't a shot at BIC. It was just facts. No other region had an all region team except the north because Bill Taylor wanted it that way. I personally think there should be an all region team. As for All State. The 2A-3 gets 3 players to be all state based on the season and this is decided by coaches when all conference voting is done. A player who moves up can be All State tournament and the mvp in the state is from the state champion team. The number of players you get on the all state tournament team depends on how far you get. If you win you get 2 + the mvp and each team selects which players it submit's for this. There is no vote on this each coach gets a form from AAA to fill out and give back.

Mustangfans

Sorry redrider, I guess I was trying to read something that wasn't there. Thanks for info. I wasn't aware that they stopped the all region team. I go to the ball games but don't keep up with who gets what.

zebra73

It would be something if they went just by what kids did in the postseason.  :P

ISU7

Quote from: zebra73 on February 20, 2016, 10:28:07 am
Of course. My niece Damonique Brown made it it as both Jr/Sr.  8)

ISU7

Quote from: zebra73 on February 20, 2016, 02:55:37 pm
It would be something if they went just by what kids did in the postseason.  :P
If she plays in the tournaments, she makes what ever tourney she played in.  8)

Mustangfans

BoxNOne

Updates are on the Bulldog Nation thread Mustang

ISU7

Congrats too Earle girls and Marked Tree Boys on their 2016 3-2A District Tourney Championship Wins.
Regionals seedings:
3-2A conference
Girls:
Earle
Epc
Marmaduke
Riverside

Boys:
Marked Tree
Earle
Epc
Cross County...
Good Luck to all 3-2A teams next week in regionals. @ Sloan Hendrix ....

Mustangfans

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 20, 2016, 07:06:34 pm
Updates are on the Bulldog Nation thread Mustang
Thanks Box. Guess I know the outcome.

ISU7

birddawg1986

Girls Final: Earle 54 EPC 43

Boys Final: Marked Tree 68 Earle 59

RedWolf275

Congrats to these two district champs. Pretty sure 2A-3 is going to do very well in region and state.

NEA Razorback olfan

ASURedWolf6

WR fell to WCC in the boys championship game, is this a potential 8 team sweep for the 2a-3?? Idk much about the girls side, but Riverside is a decent 4 seed. They might be the only underdog (maybe CC boys) in the first round..

BoxNOne

Regional match up

Girls
Salem vs Riverside
Earle vs Walnut Ridge
Tuckerman vs Marmaduke
EPC vs Sloan Hendrix

Boys
White County vs Cross County
Marked Tree vs Tuckerman
Walnut Ridge vs EPC
Earle vs Sloan Hendrix

mtindian42

Cheek

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 20, 2016, 08:56:09 pm
WR fell to WCC in the boys championship game, is this a potential 8 team sweep for the 2a-3?? Idk much about the girls side, but Riverside is a decent 4 seed. They might be the only underdog (maybe CC boys) in the first round..

I don't know.  On the girls I think Salem will beat Riverside and  Tuckerman will advance past Marmaduke.   The 2-2a  boys are in trouble.   WCC can advance if CC has a bad game.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on February 21, 2016, 08:43:42 am
I don't know.  On the girls I think Salem will beat Riverside and  Tuckerman will advance past Marmaduke.   The 2-2a  boys are in trouble.   WCC can advance if CC has a bad game.
Dont think Tuckerman beats Duke. EPC beat them fairly easy in the NEA tourney and really didn't play that well doing it.

BoxNOne

I like Marmaduke by double digits over Tuckerman.

Mr. Trill

Men should take all of those teams, WR will be a test though, maybe

BoxNOne

I think White County has a decent shot against Cross County.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 21, 2016, 10:15:06 am
Men should take all of those teams, WR will be a test though, maybe
I think both 3 and 4 seeds from the 3 will have close games. If EPC plays like they did against Earle they should be good. Even though they lost that game they battled and played decent ball.

WR is a well coached disciplined team and EPC has struggled against teams like that this year.

BoxNOne

You definitely have to give WR a shot against EPC. But if EPC plays well I think they win.

Mustangfans

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 21, 2016, 10:22:46 am
I think White County has a decent shot against Cross County.
If the big man stays out of foul trouble then they have a legitimate shot to make the second round.

Fan9876

I don't know anything about the 2a-2 teams.   So not taking anything away from them, but I wouldn't want to bet against any of the girls 2a-3 that is advancing to regionals.   Definitely, wouldn't count Marmaduke out.   They have a history of being a tough team to beat.

NoPlace2

I haven't seen 2A-3 play this year but WR and WCC boys are well coached and both play good Team Basketball. I don't think either one will roll over for anyone. Sloan will have to play exceptionally well and shoot lights out probably to win a game but they are capable of that too. I don't see a 2A-3 sweep this year - should be some good games.
Salem Girls play good D and are pesky. Shooting is suspect although they've been better here lately. Also well coached and won't give up easily. Tuckerman same way and #32 in the middle plays tough -she's one motion to the hoop as soon as she touches the ball and doesn't miss many. I would expect one or both of them to win at least a first round game.
Everything seems to be contingent on calls though - that's a bigger unknown than how well teams play - Seems pretty clear that if Regionals go the way Districts did there will be plenty of fouls called so will depend on if it stays fairly even both ways and who has to sit early with two or three fouls.

redrider30

If you missed the 2A-3 district tournament just show up at Imboden Friday.

MikelB

Quote from: Cheek on February 21, 2016, 08:43:42 am

I think EPC girls may struggle with Sloan playing them at Sloan.    BUT if Tuckerman beats Marmaduke they will be the Cinderella team that goes all the way because EPC beat Tuckerman by 30 at the NEA.

MikelB

Mustangfans

Quote from: MikelB on February 21, 2016, 02:18:54 pm
I think EPC girls may struggle with Sloan playing them at Sloan.    BUT if Tuckerman beats Marmaduke they will be the Cinderella team that goes all the way because EPC beat Tuckerman by 30 at the NEA.
I seen Tuckerman play earlier in the season. They played tough. Had one player that really stood out. Marmduke always plays tough that's a given. They don't have any one girl that stands out. They are all good players!!

Ctucker

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas