• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MARKED TREE BASKETBALL

Started by mtindian42, December 25, 2015, 09:26:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

December 25, 2015, 09:26:43 am Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:32:08 pm by mtindian42
Indians record
     24-9 (12-4)

INDIANS ROSTER
#   Name   Pos.   Gr.   
0   D. Griffin (C)   G, SF, SG   Sr.   
03   T. Young   G   Sr.   
1   T. Wofford   G   Sr.   
2   M. Perry-Washington   SG, G, SF   So.   
5   J. Booker      So.      
10   J. Gunn-Patterson   G   Sr.
11   L. Miles      Jr.      
12   C. Malone      So.
13   J. Adams   F   Sr.   
20   S. Anderson      Jr.      
23   P. Coleman      So.      
24   N. Andrews   jr

NEA TOURAMENT
           1st round                           
     MT 66 rector 41 potg l.miles 15-5-3
           2nd round
(D-I Boys)#4 Marked Tree vs #5 BIC (7:30pm)  12-28-15

NEA Razorback olfan

December 25, 2015, 09:49:47 am #1 Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:39:15 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Watched them vs Rector, they looked good,  well coached ,with quick guards and size in the paint. They should have a great year!!
I believe them and BIC will be a good game!!

mtindian42

Marked tree allways has the talent to win it all! They can never get the chemistry. Some times to many athletes is more a curse then a blessing! With that said, this years team is building great chemistry marked tree should win it all!!!

pioneers

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 27, 2015, 11:02:49 am
Marked tree allways has the talent to win it all! They can never get the chemistry. Some times to many athletes is more a curse then a blessing! With that said, this years team is building great chemistry marked tree should win it all!!!
Earle already beat them by 30?

mtindian42

So. They just recently started building the chemistry! Earle caught us early! That would not happen now!

WPWells

Earle and England are both better

mtindian42

Everyone's favorites has been known to fall on the big stage!  (Clarendon)last year! You can have your top teams!
I'll take the underdog (Marked tree)👍

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 27, 2015, 03:16:50 pm
Everyone's favorites has been known to fall on the big stage!  (Clarendon)last year! You can have your top teams!

It only takes one bad game in post season and your done.
To me the teams that have the talent and Chemistry. Everyone knowing their roles and not worried about being the high scorer each night, and just letting the game come to them.
Always picking each other up during the game after a mistake and always listening and understanding what the coach wants. Are usually your most consistent programs.

Head Lion

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 27, 2015, 03:16:50 pm
Did Fred Shepherd & Garland Grant move back to town, return to 18 years old and regain eligibility? If not Earle trounces MT every time.

Dragon77

I was impressed with the Marked Tree win over 5A East opponent, Valley View. A 2a team, defeating a quality team like 5A Valley View, is pretty salty. I watched 3A Manila, play 5A Nettleton last night, and the Manila guard play was good, but they need some length.                                       

MomaLion

If you have too many then why not have cuts..we have tryouts and cuts every year.

mtindian42

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on December 27, 2015, 11:39:14 pm
If you have too many then why not have cuts..we have tryouts and cuts every year.
Doubt if MT has that many coming out for BBall. MT is a decent team contender every year I dont think thats true.

Could they win it this year, maybe they have a decent team that could play with anyone in 2A though Earle handled them.

Miles is a good player and so is Griffin, it just depends on how much help they get from the rest of the team. Wilburn is gonna play around 8 players depending on fouls and how the game is going.

mtindian42

lol to many athletes and only one ball is what I'm saying! They don't allways want to share the ball! This years team is blinding well together! This group is (unselfish)and very (gifted) Watch out for these Indians!!! if they keep building chemistry they will be near unstoppable!

leedog95

I would not say they are unstoppable. I don't think Earle is even that EPC  showed that by playing them very close. MT is a pretty good team as long as Miles and Griffin can play well together. I remember Monk and Sturdavant playing in the title game against CR and EPC should have won that game, but instead of Monk and Sturdavant playing together they were competing against each other.... You have to play as a TEAM to win anything.......

mtindian42

What he said🔼🔼🔼 the last part anyway!!!

bdubyab60

December 28, 2015, 01:08:40 pm #16 Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:21:28 pm by bdubyab60
Quote from: leedog95 on December 28, 2015, 11:59:25 am
I would not say they are unstoppable. I don't think Earle is even that EPC  showed that by playing them very close. MT is a pretty good team as long as Miles and Griffin can play well together. I remember Monk and Sturdavant playing in the title game against CR and EPC should have won that game, but instead of Monk and Sturdavant playing together they were competing against each other.... You have to play as a TEAM to win anything.......
EPC should have went to Monk at the end of the game. He was pretty much doing whatever he wanted. Reeves hitting everything he shot also helped. And Sturdivant wasn't in the floor much in that game, maybe played a quarter and a half because of foul trouble. And Hill called the plays for Sturdivant to get the ball. Should have rode the hot hand to another title.

But to say EPC didn't play as a team is what cost, I don't think is true. Hit some freethrows toward the end and EPC wins. Didn't do it though.

Reaves had 35 of CR's 54 points and most times came down and just shot the ball.

Monk had 25 of EPC's 52 points. Most times doing it on his own just as the above.

birddawg1986

I think MT & EPC are in that 4-8 range in 2A. Earle is definitely in the 1-4 range. BIC might be the surprise at the end of the year.  As I stated before the 2 3A District tournament in MT will be all out war. I imagine all four teams in this district should advance threw regional.

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

Marked tree downs bic 59-56

Congrats to nick Andrews for getting the player of the game

Nick finished with 21 points and 12 rebounds

Way to go nick!!!

mtindian42

Free Throws
MTHS   FT   FTA   FT%
#0 D. Griffin   2   2   100
#11 L. Miles   3   6   50
#12 C. Malone   0   1   0
#2 M. Perry-Washington   0   4   0
#23 P. Coleman   0   1   0
#24 N. Andrews  3-4                      75

mtindian42

Rebs, Asst, Steals and TOs
MTHS   Off   Def   Tot Reb   Ast   Stls
#0 D. Griffin   1   2   3   1   
#03 T. Young   0   3   3   1   
#11 L. Miles   1   7   8   2   
#12 C. Malone   0   0   0   5   
#2 Perry-Washin...   4   4   8   3   2
#23 P. Coleman   1   1   2      
#24 N. Andrews   5   7   12   2   
#5 J. Booker   0   2   2      

mtindian42

Leading scorers
1.q. Miles 14.0
2.d.griffin  12.4
3.andrews  9.2

Leading rebounders
1.perry Washington  6.1
2.andrews                 5.6
3.coleman                 5.3

Leading asst
1.griffin  3.4
2.perry Washington  3.1
3.miles 2.9

mtindian42

BIC GAME

Free throws
8-18    44%

3 pointers
1-7        14%

2 pointers
24-47    51%

38 total rebounds   14 asst

Final score
MT 59
BIC56

mtindian42

Marked tree goes down to brilliant coaching move by rival epc. Indians fall to 9-4 on the year

Player of the game
Sr. Deangelo griffin

Way to go D!!! Keep getting better young man

mtindian42

Marked tree is playing some good ball! Keep it up Indians!!!

nightowl

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 16, 2016, 06:40:25 am
Marked tree is playing some good ball! Keep it up Indians!!!
sorry y'all not playing good enough to beat the Nation

mtindian42

Mr. Trill

Earle by 47!!! 7 if Earle gets 2 or more Techs 😂😂😂

mtindian42

NEark tigers

Win number 20 on Tuesday night.....

15 piece Post-MLK holiday special on the way!!!!!

Mr. Trill

So Earle will be 20-2 after tonights win tonight right?

NEark tigers

Yes sir, I will be there to watch the festivities.......

nightowl

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

BigLion10

mtindian42

Thanks man! Hows the lions looking?

BigLion10

Man we have our moments but really are still trying to find our grove. Looks a lot like last years team started off slow ran through conference before we picked it up in the postseason which is what I hope we do this year

mtindian42

Maybe we can meet again... Last years game was a barn burner!

NEA Razorback olfan

Real good win , MT seems to be peeking at the right time!!

BigLion10

No doubt about it 42 last years game was intense. Who knows maybe we will meet again only time will tell

mtindian42

Yes sir it was... Good luck to the lions the rest of the way.

BigLion10

Thanks good luck to the Indians as well

mtindian42

mtindian42

NEA Razorback olfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas