• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central

Started by Ty, November 16, 2008, 01:51:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

November 16, 2008, 01:51:01 pm Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:53:12 pm by Ty
Congratulations on beating the 5 and 6 seeds (who should not even be in the playoffs) with your 3 and 4 seeds. Yes, we did the same, but in a much more convincing way.

Meanwhile, the 4 best teams in the state, all whom reside in the West, were licking their chops after seeing the Central actually play.

If you think that Har-Ber and Northside were good, there are two more teams that are just as good, if not better. The future seems to be bleak for the 4 remaining Central teams.

stattracker

Quote from: Ty on November 16, 2008, 01:51:01 pm
Congratulations on beating the 5 and 6 seeds (who should not even be in the playoffs) with your 3 and 4 seeds. Yes, we did the same, but in a much more convincing factor.

Meanwhile, the 4 best teams in the state, all whom reside in the West, were licking their chops after seeing the Central actually play.

If you think that Har-Ber and Northside were good, there are two more teams that are just as good, if not better. The future seems to be bleak for the 4 remaining Central teams.

lololololololololol that's all.

Ty

Quote from: stattracker on November 16, 2008, 01:52:28 pm
Congratulations on beating the 5 and 6 seeds (who should not even be in the playoffs) with your 3 and 4 seeds. Yes, we did the same, but in a much more convincing factor.

You played a Springdale team that managed to make the playoffs because they beat the 3 teams worse than them.

Further more, you caught them in their worst game of the year. Glaser could barely walk Friday but managed to tough it out.

Be grateful. Very grateful.

stattracker

Quote from: Ty on November 16, 2008, 01:54:40 pm

You played a Springdale team that managed to make the playoffs because they beat the 3 teams worse than them.

Further more, you caught them in their worst game of the year. Glaser could barely walk Friday but managed to tough it out.

lololololololololol. thats all

Fball-is-life

Great post stattracker.

So great a central fan has yet to respond. :-X :-X :-X

Where are all the Central fans???? :'(

Fball-is-life

Excuse me. Great post Ty**

stattracker

Quote from: Fball-is-life on November 16, 2008, 02:44:01 pm
Great post stattracker.

So great a central fan has yet to respond. :-X :-X :-X

Where are all the Central fans???? :'(

You want a response? Well you don't get one.

lolololololololololol....That's all.

Scorp

Here we go again......   West excuses.   I think Stat has already pointed out in several post's that Bryant played the WHOLE game without.......

#1 QB
#2 QB
#3 QB

And they will play without them against B'ville, but I really doubt that Stat will use that as an excuse if (Big if) B'ville manages to beat Bryant.

ucabearcaller

Guys once again, why do we feel the need to compare conferences? Ty that has to be the dumbest post you have ever made. Football is football and anything can happen on any given night.

If glaser was that bad I don't think the coaching staff would have put him on the field. Excuses are like rears, we all have one!

Enough with the comparisons and just play the dang game and then talk about who is better!

Congratulations on beating the 5 and 6 seeds (who should not even be in the playoffs) with your 3 and 4 seeds. Yes, we did the same, but in a much more convincing way.

ho hum, ho hum---(yawn - yawn ) seems like i have heard this before. at least come up with some new material.

Billyo62

November 17, 2008, 08:23:20 am #10 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:25:09 am by Billyo62
Quote from: Scorp on November 16, 2008, 03:21:28 pm

Here we go again......   West excuses.   I think Stat has already pointed out in several post's that Bryant played the WHOLE game without.......

#1 QB
#2 QB
#3 QB

And they will play without them against B'ville, but I really doubt that Stat will use that as an excuse if (Big if) B'ville manages to beat Bryant.

Scorp - How can you say its a "Big if" " Bentonville Manages a Win?

Bentonvilles offence Scored MORE points than Bryant
Bentonvilles defence gave up LESS points than Bryant

Bryant is 2-3 on the road this year
Bentonville is 5-0 at Home.

Bentonville has lost 1 game the last two years at home ( Playoff game last year to eventual State Champion Fayetteville )

There is ONLY 1 other team from the state of  Arkansas that has beaten Bentonville in the last 2 years and that is HarBer.

Not saying Bryant can't win...but " Big IF" for Bentonville is Silly.

Scorp

Well,  I mainly put "Big IF"  in the post to rile up you guys from the West.

Appears it worked!!    ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: Scorp on November 17, 2008, 08:49:07 am
Well,  I mainly put "Big IF"  in the post to rile up you guys from the West.

Appears it worked!!    ;D

I loved one of the escuses you posted earlier.

The Bright lights at Bentonville.

We do have some REALLY bright lights  LOL   ;D

7AFBFAN

Let's put it to rest, here is Hootens explanation.

I agree that predicting high school football games is difficult at best. I also know that Hootens has been very good at predicting games. But cmon man up. 35-0? How about some respect now for the Bryant Hornets. They not only outscored they also shut down the highly potent Springdale Bulldogs offense. Go Hornets! 
Posted: Mike Burchfield on 

Congrats Bryant! We sure missed the Springdale pick and spread. Two coaches in the West were talking mercy rule to us and one Bryant insider indicated the Hornets were simply happy to be in the playoffs. Bryant is much better on defense than we gave them credit for ... Springdale couldn't run at all and no team mercy rules another with 3 first-half interceptions! Just FYI: Hootens.com did CORRECTLY predict ALL of Bryant regular season games, nailing the point spread on three of its 10 games: 3-point spread on Bryant over Texarkana 1-point spread on Russellville over Bryant 1-point spread on Bryant over North LR Hootens.com correctly predicted all of Bentonville's games this season, too. Hopefully, we can keep our 95.2 percent predicting efficiency on Bryant/Bentonville games ... and get a lot closer to nailing the spread than missing it by 35! I promise you can put away the "Miracles" movie! 
Posted: hootens.com on 

stattracker

Who cares? Bottomline is they totally showed no respect for the hornets. They took the word from 2 in the west (who are arrogbnt) and 1 from bryant who was being humble. What happened 2 looking at numbers and doing your homework? You look at all of their predictions. I bet 90% are by 1 to 3 point spreads. Just like picking a straight up winner.

Billyo62

Quote from: stattracker on November 17, 2008, 09:48:33 am
Who cares? Bottomline is they totally showed no respect for the hornets. They took the word from 2 in the west (who are arrogbnt) and 1 from bryant who was being humble. What happened 2 looking at numbers and doing your homework? You look at all of their predictions. I bet 90% are by 1 to 3 point spreads. Just like picking a straight up winner.

Hootens has been very good this year at picking winners.

I don't blame you for being ticked at the 35pt stupid spread on Bryant in the first round.

It may turn out as a good thing because the Hornets showed how Stupid it was and seems to have fired them up for the remainder of the playoffs.

stattracker

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 17, 2008, 09:58:24 am
Quote from: stattracker on November 17, 2008, 09:48:33 am

******* has been very good this year at picking winners.

I don't blame you for being ticked at the 35pt stupid spread on Bryant in the first round.

It may turn out as a good thing because the Hornets showed how Stupid it was and seems to have fired them up for the remainder of the playoffs.

They didn't say anything about missing the spread againt Van Buren either. that was worse than Bryant's.

7AFBFAN

Stat, the arrogance crap is stupid. Hootens does a fine job picking overall and not everything from the West is arrogant. I have a thought, why don't you pick all the winners next year throughout the season and let's see if you can get 80% correct, straight up. I already know the answer to that. Springdale was averaging 43 points a game and Bryant was averaging 22 along with being shutout once. I think you guys are too arrogant to understand that a team from the Central could be considered an underdog against a lower seed.

stattracker

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 17, 2008, 10:19:38 am
Stat, the arrogance crap is stupid. ******* does a fine job picking overall and not everything from the West is arrogant. I have a thought, why don't you pick all the winners next year throughout the season and let's see if you can get 80% correct, straight up. I already know the answer to that. Springdale was averaging 43 points a game and Bryant was averaging 22 along with being shutout once. I think you guys are too arrogant to understand that a team from the Central could be considered an underdog against a lower seed.

No. I think it's arrogant to say that our defense couldn't stop them. I said the 2 coaches that were talking "mercy rule" was arrogant in saying it. I think a majority of West people are arrogant to think we can't play defense because ya'll think that offense ya'll run is so great. We'll guess what? Friday night The Hornets and Rockets showed they could defeat it.

I'm not saying I would do an oustanding job of picking straight up winners. I'm also not the one getting the money for doing it either. When you put yourself out there like they dis they should expect some people to be pi$$ed off about it. I'm glad they have a crystal ball and everything, but a great deal of those games are no brainers. I bet if they were to just pick the real good match ups their percentage wouldn't be nearly what it is now. I would put money on that. You have no idea about my football knowledge, but right now I would have to say I am 1 up on you.

You can go back and look at my posts. I didn't expect a win against Springdale unless we shored up the areas of concern I had. Guess what? They did and won the ball game.

I will say this right here and now, and you can bookmark it for later use.

I think Bentonville is very poised to win it all. I think the Hornets are going to very fortunate to come out with a win. They will have to play a lot better on offense (by that I mean they will have to throw the ball a bit more) and play even better defense than they did against Springdale. They will fight to the very end and whatever happens happens.

Billyo62

Stat, the arrogance crap is stupid. ******* does a fine job picking overall and not everything from the West is arrogant. I have a thought, why don't you pick all the winners next year throughout the season and let's see if you can get 80% correct, straight up. I already know the answer to that. Springdale was averaging 43 points a game and Bryant was averaging 22 along with being shutout once. I think you guys are too arrogant to understand that a team from the Central could be considered an underdog against a lower seed.

It's because folks from the Central say things like.

The West Doesn't play defence... Yet in the 1st round the West defences gave up 92pts and the Cenral defences gave up 127pts..

Then they say OK but we still haven't seen if the Top 4 Teams from the West can play defence.

stattracker

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 17, 2008, 10:33:14 am

The West Doesn't play defence... Yet in the 1st round the West defences gave up 92pts and the Cenral defences gave up 127pts..

Then they say OK but we still haven't seen if the Top 4 Teams from the West can play defence.

Nobody has said you don't play defense. I have told you that you have to have 11 players over there. What I have said is how good are those defenSes? When I see the scores posted that I have seen throughout the year doesn't it make you wonder? Bentonville is the only one out of the West that I don't question their defenSe.

stattracker

"I think you guys are too arrogant to understand that a team from the Central could be considered an underdog against a lower seed."

And then come back and say, "well, you should have won because they were the higher seed."

Which way do you want it?

Billyo62

November 17, 2008, 10:43:17 am #22 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:45:16 am by Billyo62
Quote from: stattracker on November 17, 2008, 10:36:12 am

Nobody has said you don't play defense. I have told you that you have to have 11 players over there. What I have said is how good are those defenSes? When I see the scores posted that I have seen throughout the year doesn't it make you wonder? Bentonville is the only one out of the West that I don't question their defenSe.

Stat - I can't argue with you because you post very well even when I don't agree with you.

But I have to let you know this game against Bryant is MUCH MUCH bigger than moving ahead in the playoffs.

If Bentonville loses I will be forced to Ride in an RV to Virginia Beach, Virginia with my inlaws to see more Inlaws for Thanksgiving.

They don't Drink, Smoke , Cuss or Watch Any Football...and man it's a long trip out there and back!

I'm not asking Bryant to lay down for me.... but it's my only Out!   ;D

7AFBFAN

Stat, two way street which way do you want it, you continue to point the blame to the West on anything that is not stated in your direction. At least you have Billyo as a fan.

7AFBFAN

stat, better read on the other thread, there is a guy picking Bryant to win, is that considered arrogant when a 4 seed is picked over the best team in the state? We have to get all the rules straight.

Billyo62

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 17, 2008, 10:51:06 am
stat, better read on the other thread, there is a guy picking Bryant to win, is that considered arrogant when a 4 seed is picked over the best team in the state? We have to get all the rules straight.

Yes... That would be Arrogant according the the protocol laid down in previous posts!   ;D

stattracker

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 17, 2008, 10:51:06 am

No I don't. Here's why. he didn't belittle Bentonville. He just stated a prediction. That is different than saying that "the central sucks", "ya'll haven't played against the spread, so you WON'T be ablet to adjust to it", "The Central teams are no competition".

stattracker

"Bryant will suprise some people with the score. I think Bentonville is the better team but it should be closer than most people think.

Bryant 21
Bentonville 17

Watch out for Dijon Benton, Bryant's safety."

This is what that poster said. How is that arrogant?

Billyo62

Quote from: stattracker on November 17, 2008, 10:59:13 am
"Bryant will suprise some people with the score. I think Bentonville is the better team but it should be closer than most people think.

Bryant 21
Bentonville 17

Watch out for Dijon Benton, Bryant's safety."

This is what that poster said. How is that arrogant?

Statt- Did you not read my post why this Game is MUCH bigger than just Friday Night.

Bentonville MUST win this game- Period!!!!!!!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

7AFBFAN

stat, my point exactly, it isn't arrogant, but when we make a prediction it is arrogant. 

I think it will be closer to Bentonville 28 Bryant 7 or 28-0. Is that arrogant?

I never once said the Central sucks. I said the history of 7A shows they have not been competitive and in my opinion they will not be competitive again this year. I thought Springdale would win by 35 myself, but that is because I was more impressed with Springdale offensively than any team we played all year. Bryant was a low scoring team so thought that worked in Springdales favor too. I thought Fayetteville would beat Catholic because I didn't think Catholic could stop the pass. I just don't see where it is arrogant when someone from the West supports their schools and predicts a win. 

7AFBFAN

darnnit stat, Billyo does not want to be punished with his inbred kin folk, woops, I forgot you are from the West Billyo, they really aren't that bad I am sure.

Billyo62

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 17, 2008, 11:08:39 am
darnnit stat, Billyo does not want to be punished with his inbred kin folk, woops, I forgot you are from the West Billyo, they really aren't that bad I am sure.

Yes they are trust Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am not one of them... I am an Outsider!  ;D

7AFBFAN

I think we all have kin just like that. It is not so bad being an outside sometimes.  ;D

stattracker

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 17, 2008, 11:07:12 am
stat, my point exactly, it isn't arrogant, but when we make a prediction it is arrogant. 

I think it will be closer to Bentonville 28 Bryant 7 or 28-0. Is that arrogant?

I never once said the Central sucks. I said the history of 7A shows they have not been competitive and in my opinion they will not be competitive again this year. I thought Springdale would win by 35 myself, but that is because I was more impressed with Springdale offensively than any team we played all year. Bryant was a low scoring team so thought that worked in Springdales favor too. I thought Fayetteville would beat Catholic because I didn't think Catholic could stop the pass. I just don't see where it is arrogant when someone from the West supports their schools and predicts a win. 

Were you not one of the ones that said we couldn't stop them because we didn't see it on a regular basis? Were you not one of the ones that said we had no chance?

You assumed that since we had low scores we couldn't play offense, no matter how many times I came in here and told you that was because of the defenses we had seen. that didn't matter though. You guys shrugged it off because the west was the best and no Central team could play as well as the West teams.

Billy, I will say this ahead of time. Sorry, I hope there is a RV ride in your near future.

7AFBFAN

I said all that but not out of arrogance, I just thought it to be the case. I still think the West has the better offenses and defenses. We get to play again Friday to see if that is true. If not is doesn't mean I made an arrogant statement because I thought the West was better. Arrogance by many would be giving Bryant the nod over Bentonville. Any other pick in my opinion could be given credence in either direction.

stattracker

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 17, 2008, 11:30:39 am
I said all that but not out of arrogance, I just thought it to be the case. I still think the West has the better offenses and defenses. We get to play again Friday to see if that is true. If not is doesn't mean I made an arrogant statement because I thought the West was better. Arrogance by many would be giving Bryant the nod over Bentonville. Any other pick in my opinion could be given credence in either direction.

I guess "arrogance" is interpreted to mean however the one using it wants it mean.

as far as getting prepared for each game would you say that teams from the west prepare more for the run or the pass in practice?

Billyo62

Quote from: 007 on November 17, 2008, 11:50:15 am
as far as getting prepared for each game would you say that teams from the west prepare more for the run or the pass in practice?

The Run  without a doubt!

BryantPlyr

Quote from: ucabearcaller on November 17, 2008, 01:09:42 am
Guys once again, why do we feel the need to compare conferences? Ty that has to be the dumbest post you have ever made. Football is football and anything can happen on any given night.

If glaser was that bad I don't think the coaching staff would have put him on the field. Excuses are like rears, we all have one!

Enough with the comparisons and just play the dang game and then talk about who is better!

THANK YOU!!!!   Seems like Fball started this same excuse making boring post.  Come up with something new and maybe the Central will respond.

BryantPlyr

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 17, 2008, 10:43:17 am
Quote from: stattracker on November 17, 2008, 10:36:12 am

Stat - I can't argue with you because you post very well even when I don't agree with you.

But I have to let you know this game against Bryant is MUCH MUCH bigger than moving ahead in the playoffs.

If Bentonville loses I will be forced to Ride in an RV to Virginia Beach, Virginia with my inlaws to see more Inlaws for Thanksgiving.

They don't Drink, Smoke , Cuss or Watch Any Football...and man it's a long trip out there and back!

I'm not asking Bryant to lay down for me.... but it's my only Out!   ;D

lol  you poor, poor guy.  I don't know what to say...I'll start a prayer chain for you.

Baitshop

Here is what I think....

Bentonville will hit Bryant so hard that they can see what their gettin' for Christmas.....The Tigers make first string QB's look bad......4th string equals disaster......Bryants running game won't be better than Southsides and B'ville shut our guy down.....

Bentonville 31
Bryant 10

Northside vs. Russellville- Should be relatively close. Russellville knocked Northside out of the playoffs last year. New year, new offense for Northside, offense designed specifically for Dupire. Bears are p!ssed. In the last 2 years they lost their best offensive threat in the first series against Southside and lost both games by 7 or less. This year that guy is back. N'side hung 56 on Van Buren last week. Cyclones on a 2 game losing streak but playing at home.

Northside 31
Russellville 21

HarBer vs. Cabot - Cabot is catching HarBer at a bad time. HarBer has got their groove on. Cabot will play their usual ball control. Harber will put 9 or 10 in the box and play 1 on 1 on the edges with their small but very good corners. Lots of wrinkles to HarBers offense. If HarBer wins the toss and scores first and then gets a stop and gets up by 2 TD's this game will be over. HarBer scares me more than any other team in the playoffs.

HarBer - 28
Cabot - 21

Southside vs. Catholic - Coach Williams worked for Scooter and has told me on several occasions that Scooter is one of the best in game tacticians that he has ever seen. Also, Scooter can find a small chink in the opponents armor and exploit it at critical times. Southside has been off a week which was good for healing up but not good for your tackling skills. Tough to beat Scooter twice in the same year. Southside starts out slowly but pulls away with a late score and a later defensive stop.

Southside -28
Catholic   -21

Lets see.....yep.....I ended up pickin' all 4 West teams......do you think that that is arrogant......I don't care......that is how I see it.......

Fellas.....this is the playoffs.....I've said it before.....we have 8 months to kiss and make up for all of the stuff that we say over the next 3 weeks.....who cares if someone thinks that someone else is being arrogant or a d!ck......lets party while we can!!

THE CENTRAL SUCKS!!!

stattracker

Quote from: baitshop on November 17, 2008, 07:12:02 pm
Here is what I think....

Bentonville will hit Bryant so hard that they can see what their gettin' for Christmas.....The Tigers make first string QB's look bad......4th string equals disaster......Bryants running game won't be better than Southsides and B'ville shut our guy down.....

Bentonville 31
Bryant 10

Northside vs. Russellville- Should be relatively close. Russellville knocked Northside out of the playoffs last year. New year, new offense for Northside, offense designed specifically for Dupire. Bears are p!ssed. In the last 2 years they lost their best offensive threat in the first series against Southside and lost both games by 7 or less. This year that guy is back. N'side hung 56 on Van Buren last week. Cyclones on a 2 game losing streak but playing at home.

Northside 31
Russellville 21

HarBer vs. Cabot - Cabot is catching HarBer at a bad time. HarBer has got their groove on. Cabot will play their usual ball control. Harber will put 9 or 10 in the box and play 1 on 1 on the edges with their small but very good corners. Lots of wrinkles to HarBers offense. If HarBer wins the toss and scores first and then gets a stop and gets up by 2 TD's this game will be over. HarBer scares me more than any other team in the playoffs.

HarBer - 28
Cabot - 21

Southside vs. Catholic - Coach Williams worked for Scooter and has told me on several occasions that Scooter is one of the best in game tacticians that he has ever seen. Also, Scooter can find a small chink in the opponents armor and exploit it at critical times. Southside has been off a week which was good for healing up but not good for your tackling skills. Tough to beat Scooter twice in the same year. Southside starts out slowly but pulls away with a late score and a later defensive stop.

Southside -28
Catholic   -21

Lets see.....yep.....I ended up pickin' all 4 West teams......do you think that that is arrogant......I don't care......that is how I see it.......

Fellas.....this is the playoffs.....I've said it before.....we have 8 months to kiss and make up for all of the stuff that we say over the next 3 weeks.....who cares if someone thinks that someone else is being arrogant or a d!ck......lets party while we can!!

THE CENTRAL SUCKS!!!

lololololololololololololololololololololol......that's all

Scorp

Quote from: baitshop on November 17, 2008, 07:12:02 pm
Here is what I think....

Bentonville 31
Bryant 10

Northside 31
Russellville 21

HarBer - 28
Cabot - 21

Southside -28
Catholic   -21

THE CENTRAL SUCKS!!!

Here is what I think....

Bryant will beat Bentonville because, well just because Bentonville plays in the West and is over rated...

Bryant  21
Bentonville 10

Northside vs. Russellville..  Russellville will win because, ...see above

Russellville  13
Northside   10

HarBer vs. Cabot ....  Cabot wins because,   see above

Cabot  28
HarBer 24

Southside vs. Catholic .... Catholic gets the win here because... see above

Catholic 42
Southside  34

....THE WEST IS OVER RATED....
That is all....PARTY ON !!!!!!

Baitshop

Scorp.....I've got 2 hand delivered pepperoni pizzas that says that Bentonville thumps Bryant.....

Scorp

Quote from: baitshop on November 17, 2008, 08:28:48 pm
Scorp.....I've got 2 hand delivered pepperoni pizzas that says that Bentonville thumps Bryant.....

Bait,  define "thump" please

Baitshop

Quote from: Scorp on November 17, 2008, 08:31:00 pm

I already have.....see above......nevermind, it takes too long to scroll back up that far.....

Bentonville 31
Bryant       10

.....for 2, HAND DELIVERD, pepperoni pizzas.....anywhere in the state.......

Scorp

Quote from: baitshop on November 17, 2008, 08:43:27 pm

I already have.....see above......nevermind, it takes too long to scroll back up that far.....

Bentonville 31
Bryant       10

Hand delivered?   I don't think you could make it past the security gate of my "neigborhood"   ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: Scorp on November 17, 2008, 08:46:07 pm
Quote from: baitshop on November 17, 2008, 08:43:27 pm

Bentonville 31
Bryant       10

Hand delivered?   I don't think you could make it past the security gate of my "neigborhood"   ;D

Naw....we deliver to those kinds of "communities" all the time.....

Is there a particular guard that I should give it to??

7AFBFAN

Baitshop, great picks, that is pretty much the score I have for the Southside game. I think Harber and Cabot can go either way but don't see Russellville scoring enough points to hang with Northside. If you notice you get a laugh for your picks but the same person laughing doesn't think it is funny when someone picks Bryant to dominate Bentonville. That is comical.

Valleysports

baitshop, I can see your point on some of those predictions.  Good perspective on Northside/Russellville, however Russellville's D is a lot better, like Northside O is a lot better.  I don't think Northside can score more on Russellville than any team this year.  Has anyone scored 20 points on Russellville this year?  I can't remember!  You probably gave Russellville too many points as well.  Bring the whole prediction down in a range between 7 to 17 points.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas