• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IAFLAR7

What is Cabot looking for in their next head coach?

Someone with the same philosophy for a smooth transition?

Or, will they start trying to benfit from their large enrollment and go with a more modern approach to the game?

TrenchHogs

I doubt it happens, BUT, everything buzzing around is they are going to go after PA's Kevin Kelly. I've even heard it directly from some within Cabot's program. Thurmans son is the kicker/punter so wouldn't make sense to bring a guy who doesn't kick...
Who knows.....Malham is a legend but sometimes change is whats needed more.

thebigshot

If they promote within I feel sorry for the program because it will still be the same. From high school all the way down to JR High football, they do not throw the ball enough. I just wonder what this offense could really do if they open the field up and had a decent and well balance spread offense. It seems like every Cabot team rather it's high school or JR high all they do is run left, run right, run up the middle. You can't always rely on the run, Cabot has the numbers to compete and win if they can attract the "right" person. Cabot has been under one system for so long and if they promote within, nothing will change. They need to bring someone in from the outside that will shake things up and bring a little more power.

francocat

Knowing Cabot's past willingness to pony up (Bridges & Crowder) nothing would shock me, including Kelly. However, I don't see that as a great fit for him, big difference between attracting your players to PA and the current talent pool available at Cabot. I think the next coach at Cabot (my guess Patton) will accept the norms set by NLR & Bryant and magically expand that talent pool by dipping into the Jacksonville area. 

Baitshop

Kelley ain't  taking the Cabot job....

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 06, 2018, 06:20:58 pm
Kelley ain't  taking the Cabot job....

SS better hope and pray he doesn't. Yall might not make the playoffs!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 06, 2018, 09:44:35 pm
SS better hope and pray he doesn't. Yall might not make the playoffs!

Will you guys run from him at Cabot like you've ran from him while at PA..??

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 06, 2018, 10:59:59 pm
Will you guys run from him at Cabot like you've ran from him while at PA..??
I don't get where you say we are running from PA, we have played them 4 times I think and have split with them at 2-2. Has SS played them or are you gonna keep scheduling Heritage?

Pat Swilling

Simply guessing:

B. Bolding
D. Patton
M. Kelley
C. McNabb
B. Dawson

Hopefully Cabot will not look out of state for their hire.

OB11

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 07, 2018, 08:50:59 am
Simply guessing:

B. Bolding
D. Patton
M. Kelley
C. McNabb
B. Dawson

Bolding and Patton would probably be the most likely from this list. I could see them going out of state for this one. With the size of the school and location, this will draw a lot of interest.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 07, 2018, 08:50:59 am
Simply guessing:

B. Bolding
D. Patton
M. Kelley
C. McNabb
B. Dawson

Mark Kelley would sure bring the type of O Cabot fans want as well. What he has accomplished at Searcy is pretty remarkable

Coach T Wood

Quote from: High Voltage on November 07, 2018, 01:39:36 am
I don't get where you say we are running from PA, we have played them 4 times I think and have split with them at 2-2. Has SS played them or are you gonna keep scheduling Heritage?
Maybe my memory is bad.  When were the 4 times?  I remember 09 and 10.   You are correct however, it was a split.  But I was wondering about the other 2 times.  Thanks.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on November 07, 2018, 11:09:53 am
Maybe my memory is bad.  When were the 4 times?  I remember 09 and 10.   You are correct however, it was a split.  But I was wondering about the other 2 times.  Thanks.

2006 state championship game PA lost by 1 point in final seconds of game
2007 quarter finals, played at PA, PA lost by 7 points.  PA was on the 9 yard line when time expired. 

Easy to understand remembering the 09 & 10 games, with the outcome being different 😀

Coach T Wood

Sorry.  I thought this thread was about Cabot.  I'm guessing you are talking about Greenwood?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on November 07, 2018, 11:31:25 am
Sorry.  I thought this thread was about Cabot.  I'm guessing you are talking about Greenwood?

Correction on my answer.  PA won over Greenwood in the 08 and 09 seasons by 30 & 7 points respectively.
I also only remember 2 meetings vs Cabot.  Remember very well when PA went up 28 or 29 to zip before Cabot ever ran an offensive play.

Hornet blue

I've heard from.a few people that Buck is interested in it,

Rob Van Winkle

If they choose to stay in-state, this will create a pretty significant domino effect around the state IMO.

OB11

They have to already have a decent idea of who would be interested. I figure they've had a short list for a while now. I don't imagine it will take too long after the season is over to name a new HC. Once they make their choice, things will start moving big time.

thebigshot

Dawson isn't going to leave, Kelly isn't going to leave as well. I'm surprised nobody hasn't mention Scott Reed from El Dorado yet. I can see Bolding being in the mix since his at Parkview and his looking to rebuild himself after what happen at NLR. I'm not sure if Cabot would want that in their program to be honest.

incogneto

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 07, 2018, 09:16:52 am
Mark Kelley would sure bring the type of O Cabot fans want as well. What he has accomplished at Searcy is pretty remarkable
What exactly has he accomplished?  I see a very inconsistent team when I look at Searcy. 

hogjay

No way Dawson leaves Fayetteville. Definitely don't see Brad Bolding getting the job, maybe Bobby, but don't see him leaving PB for Cabot. Don't see buck leaving for Cabot either. Mark Smith will not get an interview. Scott Reed- maybe and would be a good hire. Patton is also a maybe in my book and would also be a good hire. Who else could be interested that would get a look?

IAFLAR7

Quote from: hogjay on November 07, 2018, 06:12:06 pm
No way Dawson leaves Fayetteville. Definitely don't see Brad Bolding getting the job, maybe Bobby, but don't see him leaving PB for Cabot. Don't see buck leaving for Cabot either. Mark Smith will not get an interview. Scott Reed- maybe and would be a good hire. Patton is also a maybe in my book and would also be a good hire. Who else could be interested that would get a look?
Patton, if he wants to leave Bauxite ,is the logical choice.

SouthpawSensation

Here's a wildcard — Chris Wood.
After the trouble swirling around Springdale these days, wouldn't it be interesting to split and go to a place where there is only one school in town?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on November 07, 2018, 09:50:03 pm
After the trouble swirling around Springdale these days, wouldn't it be interesting to split and go to a place where there is only one school in town?

Does this mean players would be transferring from Cabot to Jaxville or Lonoke?

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 08, 2018, 07:58:56 am
Does this mean players would be transferring from Cabot to Jaxville or Lonoke?
North Little Rock ... as if they don't have enough as it is.

hogjay

Don't like the Chris Wood hire, not sure he likes the move either.  I think the players are a little excited about right now.  Right now I'm thinking if it's not Patton or Reed then it will be an out of State hire.

thebigshot

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on November 07, 2018, 09:50:03 pm

If you google job hopper, you would see his name beside it.

Pat Swilling

rammer

I would love to have Scott Reed.  Then maybe he could hire his high school teammate, Mark Whatley, away from Springdale as offensive coordinator. Not likely, but I would love for it to happen.

TrenchHogs

Cabot has lost several talented players over the past 5-10 years due to the Malham system.... Some of which have gone on to play college ball. I hope whoever they bring in can keep the talent they do have!
This will be an interesting process for sure and will have a definite affect on the coaching carousel around Arkansas!

PigskinPete

November 08, 2018, 11:24:58 am #30 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:27:12 am by PigskinPete
Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 08, 2018, 09:58:41 am
Cabot has lost several talented players over the past 5-10 years due to the Malham system.... Some of which have gone on to play college ball. I hope whoever they bring in can keep the talent they do have!
This will be an interesting process for sure and will have a definite affect on the coaching carousel around Arkansas!
Who are some they lost due to MM's system,  that played college ball?

gcsdad

Quote from: PigskinPete on November 08, 2018, 11:24:58 am
Who are some they lost due to MM's system,  that played college ball?
Interested in this as well....

Maynard G Krebs

Did the big kid that transferred to Joe T a year or so ago go on to the next level?

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 08, 2018, 11:40:34 am
Did the big kid that transferred to Joe T a year or so ago go on to the next level?

Who would this be?

Maynard G Krebs

MisterSneed

Am I right that Bryce Petty went to Cabot in 9th and transferred to school in Texas? Not sure he was a fan of turning around and handing it off....

Maynard G Krebs

November 08, 2018, 12:49:32 pm #36 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:52:30 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: MisterSneed on November 08, 2018, 12:46:37 pm
Am I right that Bryce Petty went to Cabot in 9th and transferred to school in Texas? Not sure he was a fan of turning around and handing it off....

Wasn't he a QB?  I seem to remember a topic here a few years back about him leaving and playing in TX

PigskinPete

Petty didn't transfer due to MMs system.  His family moved because of a job transfer.  They loved Cabot and that has been documented.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PigskinPete on November 08, 2018, 12:54:09 pm
Petty didn't transfer due to MMs system.  His family moved because of a job transfer.  They loved Cabot and that has been documented.
Thx

MisterSneed

Quote from: PigskinPete on November 08, 2018, 12:54:09 pm

Thought it was a job situation but couldn't remember. Last QB I remember that could throw was the Kimbrell kid maybe 2013? That offense was most dangerous when you had to respect his ability to throw 3 times for 3 TDs and 100+ yards..

TrenchHogs

Quote from: MisterSneed on November 08, 2018, 12:46:37 pm

Yes, him and another boy that I can't remember his name at the moment. I will post it when I remember. I believe he left Cabot for a school in Oklahoma. He was a QB at Cabot but was a receiver in Oklahoma because of his speed.

gcsdad

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 08, 2018, 02:23:21 pm
Yes, him and another boy that I can't remember his name at the moment. I will post it when I remember. I believe he left Cabot for a school in Oklahoma. He was a QB at Cabot but was a receiver in Oklahoma because of his speed.
So 2 the last 13 years. Thats insane...

Yellowcake

Daryl Patton at Cabot. Wow. What he could do there.....
That's who I'd go for.

Rayburn

Given the nature of Patton's departure from Fayetteville, I'd be surprised if Cabot takes that chance.

Walter

From my understanding Patton has done a great job at Bauxite. People can learn from their mistakes.

STBruin

Quote from: SardisHog on November 10, 2018, 07:07:40 am
From my understanding Patton has done a great job at Bauxite. People can learn from their mistakes.

Been my understanding he was doing the same thing in Bryant that he got I  trouble with in Fayetteville...

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: STBruin on November 10, 2018, 07:59:56 am
Been my understanding he was doing the same thing in Bryant that he got I  trouble with in Fayetteville...

Do leopards ever change their spots?

Brian G

I expect several changes at the HC position in 7A.

JacketFan

November 11, 2018, 10:33:43 pm #48 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:14:09 am by JacketFan
I heard the new coach at Cabot is gonna be some Chad Morris guy, don't know much about him, think he is from Texas.  Anybody heard of him?

AirWarren

Quote from: JacketFan on November 11, 2018, 10:33:43 pm
I heard the new coach at Cabot is gonna be some Chad Morris guy, don't know much about, think he is from Texas.  Anybody heard of him?

Is he coaching in arkansas already?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas