• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Hazen 3rd Round

Started by JrHighParent, November 21, 2014, 10:33:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JrHighParent

wkanaday

I know Rison is good. I think Hector played them closer than a lot of folks thought they would.

What are Rison's strengths?

02cat

Haven't seen Hazen play this year but Rison is a sound fundamental team. #11, #3 and #8 are great Running backs. Line wasn't all that big but knows how to block. Defense can lay some hits, that's what won the game for them tonight. Good luck to both teams.

Donnie Jamon

Rison and Hazen mirror each other prob. Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Pass, Run, Run, Run, run, Run, Pass and do it well to

who-knew

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on November 21, 2014, 11:11:48 pm
Hazen wins this one by 4 tds.

I dont know about that kinda score, but i think they win.

Jaybo

playmaker04

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 21, 2014, 11:22:08 pm #8 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:06:04 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 21, 2014, 11:17:51 pm
I'll take Hazen 38-28

Dont think Hazens defense gives up that many, not sure if they do give up 28, if Rison allows enough time for Hazen to score 38. Lol

Old Scrapper

24-0 Hazen! I'm Not being cocky just believe in Hazen's defense.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 11:22:08 pm
I'll take Hazen 38-28

Dont think Hazens defense gives up that many, not sure do give up 28, if Rison allows enough time for Hazen to score 38. Lol

No joke about that...their first drive tonight went exactly 11 yards, and took something like 6 minutes off of the clock....

bdubyab60

Possessions will be at a premium in this one.

Coach95

I'll go out on a limb and say 28-8 Hazen if all Rison has is run run run they are in trouble...We have shut down some great runners!!! Defense is big and fast and will lay a hit on you!!!

big E

cuz

November 22, 2014, 05:29:43 am #14 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:44:13 am by cuz
Quote from: HF on November 22, 2014, 12:04:00 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 11:22:08 pm
I'll take Hazen 38-28

Dont think Hazens defense gives up that many, not sure do give up 28, if Rison allows enough time for Hazen to score 38. Lol
No joke about that...their first drive tonight went exactly 11 yards, and took something like 6 minutes off of the clock....
There isn't anyone better than Clay Totty at using the clock...........

MR#1

Rison 2
Hazen 0

Wait, that was 1982 and a Wildcat state title.

Bold prediction for this year:

Rison 18
Hazen 16

Good luck to both teams.

lionfan59

Going to be a defense vs ball control type of game . Pulling for the hornets. Think this going down to the wire, but think Hazen pulls it out.

cav2012

Hazen by 20. Say 26-6 with a late td...nah they won't hold us under 30. Let's revise that and say 38-12 with a late hazen td

catbearfan1

There is no way you will score 30 against Rison unless you have a top 5 2a athlete on  your team. Rison is very sound fundamentally. And you cannot stop the run. It's almost impossible to stop. Their coach is excellent at preparing his team and doing what he does best. Run the ball.  Every player is always on the same page. They play very selflessly. Coach Totty will control the clock. Don't try fooling yourself into thinking that you can somehow manage the clock. You are not going to see anything fancy from this team. They run down your throat and there is not much you can do about it.

catbearfan1

Junction has been the only team to stop their run. And I'm not even sure they completely stopped it. Can a junction poster confirm that or tell us how Rison  ran against you guys?

02cat

Quote from: catbearfan1 on November 22, 2014, 10:04:30 am
There is no way you will score 30 against Rison unless you have a top 5 2a athlete on  your team. Rison is very sound fundamentally. And you cannot stop the run. It's almost impossible to stop. Their coach is excellent at preparing his team and doing what he does best. Run the ball.  Every player is always on the same page. They play very selflessly. Coach Totty will control the clock. Don't try fooling yourself into thinking that you can somehow manage the clock. You are not going to see anything fancy from this team. They run down your throat and there is not much you can do about it.
Did you already forget what happened last night. Hector put 30 on the board and we weren't even suppose to be close to them. Haven't seen Hazen play but with all the talk I've heard on them it sounds like they can and should put up 30. It'll be another Rison vs Hector game. Both teams will have 30+ points and it will come down to who can get a turnover.

green-eagle

Rison's run is over.... Hazen by 20!

catbearfan1

02cat, When I watched Bearden and Hector I knew that Hector would be able to score against Rison. Hectors offense plays to their weakness. Throwing the ball like you do stops the clock and Rison doesn't have much of a passing defense. So I knew Hector  would score. Matter of fact, I was pulling for the Hector upset.  So now I have to give Rison the respect they rightfully deserve.

Also, Hazen runs the ball alot! Two run heavy teams equals limited possessions which also limits your scoring opportunities. Now if Hazen has a Jamond Young(Bearden) or Dancy (Junction) type of athlete they will easily score 30 on Rison.   Kids like that can score in a second and I don't think Hazen has an athlete with that kind of speed and agility. 

who-knew

If rison only runs the ball its gonna be a long night for them. The same thing was said about EPC an Scales throwing the ball an we see how that turned out.  Im going to say that Hazen rolls 48-12. Hazen defense stands strong and Hazens back field will be to much for Rison. RB, OL, DL differense makers in this one.

cuz

It will be interesting on the predictions here, especially from all the 6aa fans on the score of this game. Rison did score 8 on JC in there loss. Junction City has only allowed 4.8 pts per game this year so with that being said lets bring on those predictions and see how they turn out....Hazen allows 6.3 pts per game... Rison scores a average of 40.3 pts per game. Which will prevail.....???

catbearfan1

I hope your right. I hope Hazen wins. I personally think they will be a better match-up for Junction. With all of my Rison praise, I'm going with Hazen 26 Rison 20. I just don't see this being a high scoring game. Prove me wrong again Rison. Good luck to both teams.

who-knew

Quote from: 02cat on November 22, 2014, 10:11:02 am
Quote from: catbearfan1 on November 22, 2014, 10:04:30 am
Did you already forget what happened last night. Hector put 30 on the board and we weren't even suppose to be close to them. Haven't seen Hazen play but with all the talk I've heard on them it sounds like they can and should put up 30. It'll be another Rison vs Hector game. Both teams will have 30+ points and it will come down to who can get a turnover.
RB Trenton Mosby, RB Logan Penn, and Lucas Tennison. It will only take one play for any of these tjree backs to make you pay an take it to the house.

Old Scrapper

Hazen averages 43 ppg on offense and only allows 6.3 on defense, sticking with my pick of a shutout!

Coach95

You better practice passing the ball Bc the purple haz will stop your run!!!

catbearfan1

Who-knew, can you tell me what your yards per carry are on your back field?

Coach95

Logan Penn was featured on Channel 11 Thursday as the red zone player of the week, check on their web site

who-knew

Quote from: catbearfan1 on November 22, 2014, 11:10:02 am
Who-knew, can you tell me what your yards per carry are on your back field?
I believe Penn had 8 touches for 153 yrds last week.

catbearfan1

That's impressive. Sounds like he can take it to the house

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hazen played and beat des arc, who is a run heavy team. Coach Prescott implements a lot of things from his days at rison. The rison and des are probably similar in their running games. So if you think hazen or any team in the 6 isnt prepared for a run oriented team, you are wrong.

catbearfan1

I guess we'll see Friday night. Keep in mind that I did choose Hazen to win this game. But it will be almost impossible to completely shut down Rison's run. I'm being a realist here.

Outloud

Hazen by at least 2tds. Defense has been stingy all year and i dont see that changing now!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: catbearfan1 on November 22, 2014, 04:31:01 pm
I guess we'll see Friday night. Keep in mind that I did choose Hazen to win this game. But it will be almost impossible to completely shut down Rison's run. I'm being a realist here.

Yea i dont know if they shut it down, but not sure rison can slow down Hazen.

catbearfan1

I agree with you pick. That's the big question. I wish I had some Hazen film. The eye test is the best test and eyes have only read the papers, magazines and seen some highlights

Ric Flair

Going to see if the 6-2A can eliminate Rison 2 years in a row. I think Hazen wins in a
train wreck. 28 to 24, going to be a good one.

JrHighParent

cuz

Quote from: Ric Flair on November 22, 2014, 06:25:10 pm
Going to see if the 6-2A can eliminate Rison 2 years in a row. I think Hazen wins in a
train wreck. 28 to 24, going to be a good one.
Calpreps seems to agree with you Ric............
neutral field
[2014] Hazen (AR) 31, [2014] Rison (AR) 19

mtindian42

GusBrown

Rison wins a close, physical battle

Doc Holiday

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 01:39:36 pm
Hazen played and beat des arc, who is a run heavy team. Coach Prescott implements a lot of things from his days at rison. The rison and des are probably similar in their running games. So if you think hazen or any team in the 6 isnt prepared for a run oriented team, you are wrong.

Amen. It's what we do.

cuz

Only thing I find a little curious about Hazen is they average 43.7 pts a game, a fairly high scoring team. Des Arc allows a average of 14.5 pts a game. If Hazen has such a high powered offense, they should of scored a lot more that 20 pts on a team allowing 14.5 pts. a game. Just a observation....

Dragon I

Cuz, someone will post shortly that it is a rivalry, so that changes things.  LOL! 

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2014, 03:22:02 pm
Cuz, someone will post shortly that it is a rivalry, so that changes things.  LOL!
Yeah but everyone will know different....lol

who-knew

It dont change anything. Hazen won and a "W" is a  "W" no matter how u look at. Could of been an off night or maybe Des Arcs D has really improved.

Doc Holiday

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2014, 03:14:56 pm
Only thing I find a little curious about Hazen is they average 43.7 pts a game, a fairly high scoring team. Des Arc allows a average of 14.5 pts a game. If Hazen has such a high powered offense, they should of scored a lot more that 20 pts on a team allowing 14.5 pts. a game. Just a observation....

1. Could have been that Des Arc was doing the deed, and slowing down Hazen's defense because they wanted that win.

2. Or maybe Hazen had a lil bit of an off night.

3. Maybe some of both. (was at the game, the 1st point is more accurate)

Plus it was the battle for first seed.

Oh yea......It was also that Prairie County Rivalry game.  ;D lol

cuz

Quote from: who-knew on November 24, 2014, 03:37:44 pm
It dont change anything. Hazen won and a "W" is a  "W" no matter how u look at. Could of been an off night or maybe Des Arcs D has really improved.
Your wrong, you'll see come Friday night.........
Quote from: Doc Holiday on November 24, 2014, 03:38:40 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2014, 03:14:56 pm

1. Could have been that Des Arc was doing the deed, and slowing down Hazen's defense because they wanted that win.

2. Or maybe Hazen had a lil bit of an off night.

3. Maybe some of both. (was at the game, the 1st point is more accurate)

Plus it was the battle for first seed.

Oh yea......It was also that Prairie County Rivalry game.  ;D lol
Yeah we played for first seed a time or two But like Coach Yoast said in "Remember the Titans"
RUN IT UP HERMAN LEAVE NO DOUBT.........But I guess it could of been a rival, DA could of been on, Hazen
had a off night, Lord the list just goes on and on and on........... ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas