• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooties Week 12

Started by bleudog, November 17, 2014, 08:57:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Lions84

I agree with Hootens this week.

brown2010

hes totally full of it. 16 teams left and got mccrory 19th and we beat Brinkley and they are 13th. don't think hes to smart

dragondad

Not meaning this about McCrory, but just because a team is still standing doesn't mean they're better than one that's fallen.

jbtiger73

Who cares. All that matters is that who's standing in the end

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on November 18, 2014, 05:30:32 pm
Not meaning this about McCrory, but just because a team is still standing doesn't mean they're better than one that's fallen.

Well, like he said, Mccrory beat Brinkley head to head, that's why Mccrory is the 3 seed and Brinkley is the 4. He has a valid point, hootens are not the brightest crayons in the box.

FootballDude02

Just like the CFPs, there are other factors outside of just head to head that count, like: common opponents, for one (which is huge in a nine team conference)...who you beat and lose to and the fashion both are done is huge. Yes McCrory beat Brinkley head to head, but look at common opponents. They both lost to the same teams, but in very different fashions. Brinkley lost to Des Arc by two points and the Jags not so much. Hazen beat them both but Brinkley under different circumstances (no QB, 5 injured starters etc.). No excuse for ANY loss, but how you lose matters when it comes to rankings. But this is just one mans opinion.

bleudog

Quote from: brown2010 on November 18, 2014, 04:31:56 pm
hes totally full of it. 16 teams left and got mccrory 19th and we beat Brinkley and they are 13th. don't think hes to smart

LaLaLand folks have:

McCrory @ #10
Brinkley @ #12

http://calpreps.com/2014/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm

FootballDude02

If these two played again, I'd pick Brinkley 9/10 on neutral playing field.

brown2010

u would lose too like gurdon gonna hold rogo under 50yds. wasn't no takers on that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas