• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Hector

Started by Waterboy94, November 14, 2014, 10:16:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterboy94

66SSV

Tottie's boys prevail and the 2nd seed from the 8 moves one step closer

G-HIGH

Rison Rolls in this one. If they can't handle a team that Bearden handled, something is awry.
The 8 goes 2-0 vs. Hector.

wiseguy

Hector has an ace up their sleeve in this one ;)  Looking for a good game!

Waterboy94

I hope so! Wouldn't want those Cleveland County boys to end another season.

Jaybo

Rison will roll on to the next round.

Backwoods Bart

Party in Hector! Rison fans will enjoy the locals & the music!

godgiven999

cuz

Will be a interesting game, time to see if Hector's coach has learned anything about the 8aa. Totty is a expert at controlling the clock......

02cat

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 11:22:36 pm
Rison Rolls in this one. If they can't handle a team that Bearden handled, something is awry.
First of Bearden didn't handle the Wildcats. Hector shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Should have been up 21-7 at least but turnovers killed us. We have 2 lineman coming back from injuries so that will give us fresh legs, something we didn't have against Bearden. Wildcats looking for a lil redemption in this one and it will be a very close game between two very good teams. Going with Hector 26-21. Safe travels to Rison.

Waterboy94

And that's what losers do, make excuses.

02cat

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 15, 2014, 09:14:45 am
And that's what losers do, make excuses.
If you are trying to get me to get in a keyboard fight with ya it ain't gonna happen. We got beat by a good Bearden team. We learned from our mistakes and saw where we needed to improve. Not making excuses but we didn't get handled by them. Thanks and have a nice day.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 02cat on November 15, 2014, 09:05:25 am
Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 11:22:36 pm
First of Bearden didn't handle the Wildcats. Hector shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Should have been up 21-7 at least but turnovers killed us. We have 2 lineman coming back from injuries so that will give us fresh legs, something we didn't have against Bearden. Wildcats looking for a lil redemption in this one and it will be a very close game between two very good teams. Going with Hector 26-21. Safe travels to Rison.

I would agree that IF hector scores on those 2 drives early instead of fumbling, the game would have been different. Not saying they win, but it would be competitive.

BigBrother

Good niget Prince hector Achilles fixing to drag you behind the chariot.

Waterboy94

Should have , could have, but didn't.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Rison and Coach Totty roll, this could very well be a mercy rule...

The conference that Hector plays in is very weak as indicated by their playoff scores last night and recent history. Hector's schedule just doesn't prepare them for this kind of game. Tough draw for Hector...

searkhogfan

Only thing I know about Hector is from their posters on here & they lost to Bearden.  And the fact that some of their posters predicted Hackett to beat Woodlawn.  Because Hackett played Hector a good game.  Well Hackett got beat 40-12 by #4 seed Woodlawn.  And the game wasn't as close as the score.  Woodlawn was #4 for a reason.  They're the 4th best team in the conference. Hackett would've battled Hampton for last place in the 8AA.  That would make Hector a little better than the last place team in the 8AA. With that said. Rison rolls 48-14

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 15, 2014, 10:23:14 am
Only thing I know about Hector is from their posters on here & they lost to Bearden.  And the fact that some of their posters predicted Hackett to beat Woodlawn.  Because Hackett played Hector a good game.  Well Hackett got beat 40-12 by #4 seed Woodlawn.  And the game wasn't as close as the score.  Woodlawn was #4 for a reason.  They're the 4th best team in the conference. Hackett would've battled Hampton for last place in the 8AA.  That would make Hector a little better than the last place team in the 8AA. With that said. Rison rolls 48-14
Yep, that about sums it up...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 15, 2014, 10:23:14 am

Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit is it? I said it wouldn't surprise me to see Hackett pull an upset... I thought it would be closer than it was. But to get on here and claim hector is slightly better than Hampton is ridiculous...we played the 3rd place team in your conference just as w,ell as you guys did. They scored on 3 busted plays, ans sustained two drives over 4 quarters. With the exception of the third quarter of thAt game wedding we wanted on offense. And coach Benny you are worse than all the seahawks ans Miami heat fans at bandwagon jumping...you were a Mansfield guy, then a greenwood guy, now a southside fan...at one point during john l. Smiths tenure at Arkansas you had an Alabama avatar on here...now it looks like you've tKen the opportunity to be amongst all the other coattail riders of the 2a-8. Win or lose this game, ya know what the fans of the conference champs of the worst conference in Arkansas won't do? Jump bandwagons and look for the opportunity to belittle teenagers accomplishments....

As far as the game goes I was told by some folks from bearded that rison doesn't believe in passing the ball. They don't have the speed like bearden had either. And their secondary struggles against a solid passing game...now if that's true and hector doesn't have a pass game to worry about then I think we can go toe to toe with these guys on the defensive side...if they struggle against the pass then Gaines to ferguson might become a nightmare for them....

cuz

Bearden played Rison tight all the way to the end of the game, without 2 key players. Hector gave Bearden a game of it, can't remember but it was close at half. I watched the game Hector has some talent and a good passing game. If Rison is weak on D it's there passing game. I'll go with Rison, cause I'm a 8aa supporter, but I don't think it's a slam dunk like predicted.......... ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 15, 2014, 12:18:46 pm
Bearden played Rison tight all the way to the end of the game, without 2 key players. Hector gave Bearden a game of it, can't remember but it was close at half. I watched the game Hector has some talent and a good passing game. If Rison is weak on D it's there passing game. I'll go with Rison, cause I'm a 8aa supporter, but I don't think it's a slam dunk like predicted.......... ;)

14-15 at half....at that point we had had 3 fumbles inside the fifteen yd line.....that's been our biggest problem against better teams....

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 15, 2014, 12:27:14 pm

14-15 at half....at that point we had had 3 fumbles inside the fifteen yd line.....that's been our biggest problem against better teams....
Sometimes turnovers just happen, but al lot of the time they are created. Bearden, Rison and JC will hit you like no one else you'll play. Bearden gave Hector a preview, so now Hector has something to build on and their coach should of learned from it, something he hadn't got to see before. Friday night will show how much was learned, Hector does have some talent......

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 15, 2014, 12:48:41 pm

Sometimes turnovers just happen, but al lot of the time they are created. Bearden, Rison and JC will hit you like no one else you'll play. Bearden gave Hector a preview, so now Hector has something to build on and their coach should of learned from it, something he hadn't got to see before. Friday night will show how much was learned, Hector does have some talent......

I trust the coaches...I mean we got an assistant that I was told won consistently at Dover in the 80's...AT DOVER lol...It's going to come down to our players, we got punched in the mouth against Bearden at the start of the second half and never really recovered....Hopefully we can shock this place and the state and beat ole RustyDustyVille Rison :D(If any of their posters are still around they might recognize that "insult" loL)

searkhogfan

Just because Rison doesn't like to pass. Doesn't mean they can't pass.  And they'll more than likely be the most disciplined team you've played. 
I stand by my prediction.  Rison Rolls

Waterboy94

Ask Dierks if Rison passes

Coach Venny Slocombe

Rison runs Split back Veers...they will pass, not very often. Very disciplined, very well coached...won't make mistakes and will wear you out...

Rison by a ton...

WILDCATMAN

The Rison Wildcats respect the great team from Hector and know that their work will be cut out
For them....

Hector has a large line that has benefited from the bye week...

We will need to raise our level of play even higher.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 15, 2014, 03:34:19 pm
Just because Rison doesn't like to pass. Doesn't mean they can't pass.  And they'll more than likely be the most disciplined team you've played. 
I stand by my prediction.  Rison Rolls

We'll see....If Hector can cure their fumbleitis then I think we have a fighting chance...if not you are probably right about the rolling...

bulldog

What the heck is split back VEERS!!!!  Did you mean VEER??????

Wow and you have COACH in front of your name!!!!  You must also be a DEMOCRAT!!!

mtindian42

usa today score predictor. rison 32 hector 21.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: cuz on November 15, 2014, 12:48:41 pm

Bearden has had too many TD's called back this year, some legit some not. We had at least 1 , maybe 2 @ Hector that kept them fighting . one call there was iffy.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bulldog on November 15, 2014, 08:02:35 pm

Wow and you have COACH in front of your name!!!!  You must also be a DEMOCRAT!!!
Okay...Veer, Hector still gets trashed...

wiseguy

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 16, 2014, 07:56:12 am

Hector is in Post Season, Mansfield is playing another sport now.. Go home Venny :-\

Coach Venny Slocombe

November 16, 2014, 12:14:15 pm #33 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:17:14 pm by Coach Venny Slocombe
Quote from: wiseguy on November 16, 2014, 08:26:15 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 16, 2014, 07:56:12 am

Hector is in Post Season, Mansfield is playing another sport now.. Go home Venny :-\
Could care less...and what is sad is Mansfield would have won this conference...and still lose to Rison Princess...lol...

bulldog

Vinson........Have you seen Hector play this year?   

lorettalynn

Blue

Has been a couple years since I saw Hector play, love the environment at Hector. That being said this will not be close Rison is on a different level right now

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bulldog on November 16, 2014, 01:10:41 pm
Vinson........Have you seen Hector play this year?   
No, I have not...however I would be willing to place a wager. Loser leaves the board for a year?

tacklethis...

Quote from: Blue on November 16, 2014, 01:30:37 pm
Has been a couple years since I saw Hector play, love the environment at Hector. That being said this will not be close Rison is on a different level right now

+1

Most excited fan base I've seen. Good atmoshere.

bulldog

Hey Venny that is funny!!  I asked you a very simple question and you get all defensive.  You must be a very insecure person.  Go back to the 3A board. 

Waterboy94

Vinny sounds pretty secure to me if he wants to place a bet lol

Waterboy94

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 16, 2014, 05:22:31 pm
Vinny sounds pretty secure to me if he wants to place a bet lol

He probably has more than one account, so he really wouldn't be giving up much.

bulldog

No, he throws the wager out there because he knows it means nothing.  He thinks it is MID SOUTH WRESTLING back in the late 70's!!  You know, HAIR MATCH, LOSER LEAVE TOWN.  His opinion doesn't really matter because know one cares what he thinks. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bulldog on November 16, 2014, 05:28:57 pm
No, he throws the wager out there because he knows it means nothing.  He thinks it is MID SOUTH WRESTLING back in the late 70's!!  You know, HAIR MATCH, LOSER LEAVE TOWN.  His opinion doesn't really matter because know one cares what he thinks.

Now that was some GOOD rastling.

bulldog

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!  Venny is probably grandson of Skandar Akbar!!!!

fbisgreat

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bulldog on November 16, 2014, 05:31:30 pm

Naw, hes an "Iron Sheik" descendant.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bulldog on November 16, 2014, 05:17:38 pm
Hey Venny that is funny!!  I asked you a very simple question and you get all defensive.  You must be a very insecure person.  Go back to the 3A board. 

And I answered it. And not defensive at all...just wondering if you had a sack...that got answered also...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 16, 2014, 07:00:25 pm
Quote from: bulldog on November 16, 2014, 05:31:30 pm

Naw, hes an "Iron Sheik" descendant.
lol, I love them old wrestling days they were the best...Cowboy Bill Watts...he's my uncle...lol...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas