• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCrory @ Gurdon -- Round 2 (11/21/2014)

Started by G-HIGH, November 14, 2014, 10:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hawk

Gurdon by 21

This clown from Des Arc is pure comedy gold....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 17, 2014, 10:09:45 pm #101 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:11:21 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Mohawk 54 on November 17, 2014, 09:34:25 pm
Pick, when Jackie was at the U of A camp this summer, they timed him at 4.4, that is what the U of A told him. And yes it was laser.  I don't know if #4 has every been timed with a laser or not.

So a non high recruit runs a time that would place him in the top 10 rbs at the NFL combine? I dont think so. Maybe just maybe they were stretching the truth a little?  Or did they offer him on the spot? With that kind of speed and the way you guys talk him up . SURELY he is SEC material.

🐮💩, nothing personal guys, but nothing adds up. With that speed, IF true, there is a roster spot for him. And people all OVER the state would be talking about him, not just people from the 7.

footballfanz

Gurdon by as many as they want I have seen McCory ,Gurdon and Hazen and Grudon is the best team. And I'm for the 6AA it is what it is. Them hornets may pull one out the hat they r a good team and a good group of young man with a lot of hart.

godgiven999

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2014, 10:09:45 pm
Pick, when Jackie was at the U of A camp this summer, they timed him at 4.4, that is what the U of A told him. And yes it was laser.  I don't know if #4 has every been timed with a laser or not.

So a non high recruit runs a time that would place him in the top 10 rbs at the NFL combine? I dont think so. Maybe just maybe they were stretching the truth a little?  Or did they offer him on the spot? With that kind of speed and the way you guys talk him up . SURELY he is SEC material.

🐮💩, nothing personal guys, but nothing adds up. With that speed, IF true, there is a roster spot for him. And people all OVER the state would be talking about him, not just people from the 7.

actually no Arkansas hasn't offered but he has taken unofficial visits, I saw a pics of him and Fat Bret on twitter not to long ago! There's intrest, but it will be at Safety. He wants to play RB, a mid major will pick him up!     

G-HIGH

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 17, 2014, 10:05:19 pm
Gurdon by 21

He loves him some McCrory that's for sure.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 17, 2014, 10:19:52 pm

actually no Arkansas hasn't offered but he has taken unofficial visits, I saw a pics of him and Fat Bret on twitter not to long ago! There's intrest, but it will be at Safety. He wants to play RB, a mid major will pick him up!     

I just know if hes half as good as yall claim, and as fast as yall say, he should be a high 3, low 4 star recruit, even if its listed at athlete. I hope he is that good and fast and goes on and becomes a Hog and leads him to a title, but i know i hear nothing of him outside of you guys. Haven't read anything anywhere else.

Good luck to the young man, but until i see some actual proof hes THAT fast, i just dont believe it. 4.59 is more believable and would still make him one of the fastest kids in Arkansas.

Mohawk 54

Pick I'm just telling you what he was told. Don't know if they are stretching the truth or not. But he was at the Little Rock this year as a  unofficial visit. Can only tell you what I have been told.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 17, 2014, 10:32:36 pm #107 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:01:10 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: G-HIGH on November 17, 2014, 10:26:12 pm
Gurdon by 21

Wrong, i like Mccrory probably less than i like Hazen and thats bad, but i know the 7 IS NOT playing better football than the 6. I figure yall will beat Mccrory by 10ish, but you won't hold Rogo to 50 or less and you will not out athlete Hazen at every position, i mean they do have the 2nd fastest kid in 2A. If harvell is running a 4.49, penn must run a 4.50.

Jug head

How fast is Dancy and who has offered him and  3 for the Devils is fast don't know how fast,but put a U of A offer as proof doesn't say much, best 2 backs I have ever seen in person is Dixson and DeAnglo Williams and U of A missed on both.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on November 17, 2014, 10:28:49 pm

Pick I'm just telling you what he was told. Don't know if they are stretching the truth or not. But he was at the Little Rock this year as a  unofficial visit. Can only tell you what I have been told.

I can believe that, i mean why would they not boost his ego a little, it can only help a humble kid.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Jug head on November 17, 2014, 10:33:26 pm
How fast is Dancy and who has offered him and  3 for the Devils is fast don't know how fast,but put a U of A offer as proof doesn't say much, best 2 backs I have ever seen in person is Dixson and DeAnglo Williams and U of A missed on both.

If dancy weighed 20 more lbs he would be a higher recruit i bet. They also missed on Cedric Houston, but hit a homerun with McFadden.

cuz

4.4.   http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaqwis-Dancy-152099

G-HIGH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2014, 10:32:36 pm
Gurdon by 21

Wrong, i like Mccrory probably less than i like Hazen and thats bad, but i know the 7 IS NOT playing better football than the 6. I figure yall will beat Mccrory by 10ish, but you won't hold Rogo to 50 or less and you will not out athlete Hazen at every position, i mean they do have the 2nd fastest kid in 2A. If harvell is running a 4.9, penn must run a 4.50.
Penn running a 4.50 would make him faster than Harvell at 4.9.
Penn is more like 5.27.
Just stirring the pot Pick. I know what you meant.
All this talk of times and visits and lasers is bordering on one of those "If train A left the stsion at 10:37 PM" word problems. Me hate word problems. Lol

godgiven999

November 17, 2014, 10:43:12 pm #113 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:45:52 pm by godgiven999
Harvel is only a Junior, if he attended camps he would be more known, Im not sure about recruiting rules, I know in baseball that my brother couldn't be contacted by a coach until a certain day of the year, July of his junior year I believe if Im not mistaken, maybe football has rules like that as well, all I know is he will be a great safety at the next level! If he picks up 20 more pound between now and this time next year he will be highly sought after! Even if they are mid majors!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 17, 2014, 10:42:23 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2014, 10:32:36 pm
Gurdon by 21

Wrong, i like Mccrory probably less than i like Hazen and thats bad, but i know the 7 IS NOT playing better football than the 6. I figure yall will beat Mccrory by 10ish, but you won't hold Rogo to 50 or less and you will not out athlete Hazen at every position, i mean they do have the 2nd fastest kid in 2A. If harvell is running a 4.9, penn must run a 4.50.
Penn running a 4.50 would make him faster than Harvell at 4.9.
Penn is more like 5.27.
Just stirring the pot Pick. I know what you meant.
All this talk of times and visits and lasers is bordering on one of those "If train A left the stsion at 10:37 PM" word problems. Me hate word problems. Lol

Yea i meant 4.49. Lol

At least there is action on this thread, i mean have you been to the des arc - conway christian thread? Its dead, i guess the c.c. folks cant afford internet after paying those tuitions.

A man has got to get some "discussions" in somewhere and you guys are always down for some debates.

footballfrenzy

It's G5, not mid-major. We aren't talking basketball. Secondly, Harvell will go D1 somewhere. He's too good not to. My best guess would be UCA or Astate. Both are D1, FCS and G5. UL Monroe, La Tech, ULL, North Texas, Memphis, etc. could come calling during the summer. Harvell is currently 5'11" 186lb, but he has lengthy arms and legs and that transitions to more of a safety. Either way, my bet is that he lands at one of the schools listed. Dudes a stud.

The more concerning issue to me is that Marlow hasn't been offered by anyone. A D2 school somewhere needs to wake up and smell the coffee. This kid has game too.

godgiven999

Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 17, 2014, 11:03:40 pm
It's G5, not mid-major. We aren't talking basketball. Secondly, Harvell will go D1 somewhere. He's too good not to. My best guess would be UCA or Astate. Both are D1, FCS and G5. UL Monroe, La Tech, ULL, North Texas, Memphis, etc. could come calling during the summer. Harvell is currently 5'11" 186lb, but he has lengthy arms and legs and that transitions to more of a safety. Either way, my bet is that he lands at one of the schools listed. Dudes a stud.

The more concerning issue to me is that Marlow hasn't been offered by anyone. A D2 school somewhere needs to wake up and smell the coffee. This kid has game too.
UNT needs some talent from what Ive seen lately!  ;D

FD4

Everybody, Great Posts, lets huddle up now.  OK, there is no doubting that the RB's from Gurdon and McCrory are fast, good, tough, and will give all they have.  It's good that we as the fans of both teams can naw away at each other in good spirit.  One thing is for sure Friday night.  Speed will show up to play football.  Lets get behind and stay behind our guys and coaches.  Good Luck to both teams and play safe.

Ball Hawk

Unfortunately the Des Arc guy is 100% right. If Harvell really ran a 4.4 at a camp, he would have gotten an offer on the spot. Kid is like 6'1 isn't he? Trust me people running 4.4 on a laser are few and far between. He'd have multiple offers. Coaches ALWAYS lie about the 40 time to boost the kids confidence. Because honestly 40 isn't the end all be all like everyone thinks. I'll take a kid with 4.6 speed, game speed, and football knowledge over a sprinter with 4.4 speed, every day and twice on Sunday.

He's a GREAT high school football player and will go play college ball no doubt. But if he was hitting a 4.4 at a camp, coaching staffs would immediately go and get the head coach, he would come and start showing love. I've seen it happen 5 or 6 times when a no name recruit shows up and blows up.

i.e Mathieu down at LSU and J. Jones at UA

Coach95

It's really not gonna matter how fast he is if the offensive line can't keep the defensive front out of the backfield...

Shaywils88

McCrory has one good player the rest are a bunch of cheap shotters. Gurdon can win this one.
Also the dragons could have beat McCrory if their star running back Clayton Stephenson wasnt injured By getting hit in the back after the play was over.

mcnewfamily

Quote from: Shaywils88 on November 18, 2014, 11:14:40 am
McCrory has one good player the rest are a bunch of cheap shotters. Gurdon can win this one.
Also the dragons could have beat McCrory if their star running back Clayton Stephenson wasnt injured By getting hit in the back after the play was over.
that kid just got stuck in the gut and was scared the rest of the game.

G-HIGH

McCrory seems to be the only entity in the universe who believes McCrory will win .... With the exception of a couple dudes from Des Arc.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 18, 2014, 11:53:33 am
McCrory seems to be the only entity in the universe who believes McCrory will win .... With the exception of a couple dudes from Des Arc.

I believe the only projection i made was Mccrory has seen speed, been hit in the mouth so i doubt you intimidate them, and i don't think you hold Rogo to less than 50yds.

footballfrenzy

Harvell is 5'11" I believe. He will garner D1 interest. It's only a matter of from who. The dude is legit D1. I don't say that often, but I firmly believe it. He doesn't touch the ball much for injuries sake, but when he does 1 of 2 things happen, 1st down or touchdown.

GusBrown

no they didn't miss on either of them, they got better backs than them. D-Mac and Feilx. Now they have Williams and Collins. They didn't miss on them, they got better backs in both situations.

Lionbro20

Dixon would have flourished at the U of A I had the privilege to play against him. Anyone that seen him play, could yall imagine what he'd do at the U of A if he's doing what he's doing at LA Tech?

Donnie Jamon

Dixon would have a hard time playing at U of A. K Marshall is pretty dang good and he can't get 5 carries.

Dragon I

I believe Dixon is built more like a CBB back than Marshall.

Coach95

Well maybe Gurdon can get past McCrory and we meet up in the semi's Bc granted Harvell is fast but so is Logan Penn and the difference is only a few tenths of a second the big difference is Logan Penn won a state championship weight lifting he is not only fast but has the strength to run you over and keep going!!!

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I link=topic=139311.msg30815i78#msg3081578 date=1416348435
I believe Dixon is built more like a CBB back than Marshall.

Dixon senior year.....

GusBrown

Quote from: Lionbro20 on November 18, 2014, 03:39:22 pm
Dixon would have flourished at the U of A I had the privilege to play against him. Anyone that seen him play, could yall imagine what he'd do at the U of A if he's doing what he's doing at LA Tech?
not near as much, much more competition. Dixon has been great at LA Tech and has a shot at the NFL, but going to Arkansas would have been a bad decision.

Ball Hawk

He'd flourish anywhere. They say KD is the hardest working kid at La Tech.

footballfrenzy

I've seen KD play whiles he's been at La Tech. He is not a SEC back. He's too small and likes bouncing a little too much. Typically, those are 2 bad attributes for a RB in the SEC.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 18, 2014, 06:35:12 pm
I've seen KD play whiles he's been at La Tech. He is not a SEC back. He's too small and likes bouncing a little too much. Typically, those are 2 bad attributes for a RB in the SEC.

To small?

Have you ever actually seen the kid without pads on? He's built like a house, lol.

He's 5-10 210 lbs.....

footballfrenzy

Yes. When the SEC is starting to recruit and have success with guys 230-240 with the same speed, vision, etc. I would go down a short branch and say he's too small in terms of what the SEC is looking for.

Lionbro20

Not a chance once he got on arkansas weight program I bet he'd be 225-230 he bounces cause there normally isn't a hole he has great vision I've watched him play 5 years now

Ball Hawk

Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 18, 2014, 06:42:28 pm
Yes. When the SEC is starting to recruit and have success with guys 230-240 with the same speed, vision, etc. I would go down a short branch and say he's too small in terms of what the SEC is looking for.

You don't have a clue about a clue.....

If you can name 3 RB's that are 230-240 in the SEC that play a single down, I'll retract my statement. lol

Lionbro20

Todd Gurley is 232 but that's the only one I can find KD is 5'11 220

Lionbro20

Plus Todd is the only 230 back other that miss states "bowling ball" I even saw where they recruited a RB weighing 173 on an sec roster so it wasn't weight. I just don't think he took interest in arkansas honestly

Ball Hawk

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 18, 2014, 06:55:06 pm
Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 18, 2014, 06:42:28 pm

You don't have a clue about a clue.....

If you can name 3 RB's that are 230-240 in the SEC that play a single down, I'll retract my statement. lol
Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, fullback for the Hogs but he does get in the game just can't think of his name right now.

Size ain't everything. Hogs have 3 solid backs that aren't huge.

Jug head

De Williams was 2 years before D Mac and Jones and I would put his career numbers and success above both of them. Hogs have not been great recruiting in state talent in the past. You bring up Marshall, they didn't know how good he was til he got on the field. KD could be just as good as the little rb for Miss st

bleudog

FWIW, Arkansas and Tech both played TAMU in 2012 (KD's freshman year).  Here're the rushing stats from those games:

Rushing                 No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
Knile Davis             18    84    19  65    0 28  3.6
Jonathan Williams     9    51    11  40    0 32  4.4
Ronnie Wingo Jr.       4    23      0  23    0 10  5.8
Dennis Johnson         5    22      0  22    0   6  4.4
Tyler Wilson             3      2     10  -8    0   2 -2.7
Totals                    39   182     40 142  0  32  3.6

RUSHING             No.     Gain     Loss     Net     TD     Lg     Avg.
Dixon,Kenneth      19     113          2      111      2      22      5.8
Holley,Ray            13      34          0       34       0       7      2.6
Cameron,Colby        9     49         24        25       0     14     2.8
Patton,Quinton        1      0          5          5       0       0     -5.0
Totals...                42   196        31      165       2     22      3.9

footballfrenzy

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2014, 10:53:49 pm

FWIW, Arkansas and Tech both played TAMU in 2012 (KD's freshman year).  Here're the rushing stats from those games:

These numbers are horribly skewed. That year La Tech threw the ball 900 times a game so the running game was the least of ATM's worries.

Oh and KD is not 220. Not even close. He might be sitting at 205 this year, lucky for him it's mostky in his legs. I saw him up close talking a little friendly smack to him.

Oh and your RB's that weigh 230+

Derrick Henry
Matt Jones
Lenoard Fournette
Tra Carson
Kenny Hilliard

And there are several more that sit between 220-229. ;)

bleudog

November 19, 2014, 07:12:51 am #145 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:26:16 am by bleudog
Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 19, 2014, 02:10:17 am
Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2014, 10:53:49 pm

These numbers are horribly skewed. That year La Tech threw the ball 900 times a game so the running game was the least of ATM's worries......

In their respective games with TAMU that year, the Hawgs had one more pass attempt than the Dawgs.  Both teams lost their respective games to TAMU.

Passing              C-A-I     Yds   TD    Long    Sack
Tyler Wilson     29-59-2   373     1       64       1

PASSING              Cmp-Att-Int     Yds        TD     Long     Sack
Cameron,Colby       44-58-0          450        5        62        2

OrangeCrush

We're getting very off topic here. What about McC and gurdon this friday night? It will be a close one I think. McC as the the Underdog is ok. All the pressure is on gurdon.

Dragon I

Bleu with the facts baby!  BBBBBBBBBBOOM!

Lionbro20

Thanks for that Bleu now back to the original topic. I think this game with be decided by whoever controls the line of scrimmage. Gurdon by 12

bleudog

Quote from: Lionbro20 on November 19, 2014, 09:35:27 am
Thanks for that Bleu now back to the original topic. I think this game with be decided by whoever controls the line of scrimmage. Gurdon by 12

Your're welcome.

I apologize for helping to continue the derail, but just wanted to give you a bullet for your gun.

Good luck to both McCrory and Gurdon this Friday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas