• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poyen @ Cross County

Started by the_whitester_21, November 14, 2014, 09:26:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the_whitester_21

playmaker04

Gotta clean up the mistakes. Should have beat murfreesboro by 30. Cc should beat poyen. I say cc 34 poyen 22

the_whitester_21

If CC eliminates just half of the mistakes they win.

CC-32
Poyen-12

baseballgod91

CC has a good shifty back but they try to power of you. Poyens got a good defensive line. Line backers and secondary arent too bad either. Poyen wins 34-18

JacketDad

playmaker04

Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 15, 2014, 10:59:10 am
CC has a good shifty back but they try to power of you. Poyens got a good defensive line. Line backers and secondary arent too bad either. Poyen wins 34-18
heard marked tree ran all over poyen. Antman is one of the best backs in 2a that has another gear that most don't have.And cc's front 7 is tough to run on. Sounds like Poyen has one option offensively, Hunter Keen.  If CC is allowed to key on him all night it will be bad for Poyen. That same Marked Tree team that ran up and down the field on Poyen had  -20 yards rushing against CC. Tbirds win 34-22

baseballgod91

Marked tree had 127 yards rushing. Most came on one big play. Marked tree also had about 20 bad snaps for fumbles against cc so that would keep the rushing yards down.

jdwalk

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 15, 2014, 01:20:54 pm
Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 15, 2014, 10:59:10 am
heard marked tree ran all over poyen. Antman is one of the best backs in 2a that has another gear that most don't have.And cc's front 7 is tough to run on. Sounds like Poyen has one option offensively, Hunter Keen.  If CC is allowed to key on him all night it will be bad for Poyen. That same Marked Tree team that ran up and down the field on Poyen had  -20 yards rushing against CC. Tbirds win 34-22

You definitely need a new source.

playmaker04

I don't need a new source. MT scored 26 and had a fumble and interception that killed them. Even when mt wasn't fumbling the snap they couldn't run on CC .The only 2 teams to run successfully on CC was 4a jonesboro-westside before cc changed their defense and Earle. Not too many trams can slow Earle right now. We will see Friday night. Good lick stopping Antman Davis.

Donnie Jamon

Poyen will have trouble with the speed of the qb and rb from CC.  Cross County is very small but they play hard.  They look like a jr high team.  But if #44 gets outside then he is gone.  I would like to see them get it to him quicker than fake pitching or fake handoffs.  Quit putting him in motion stuff and just sweep it to him all night long. 

Poyen has great size on the line and some big ole dudes.  They have a good running back but not a great one.  He will give CC trouble up the middle and they will give it to him 40 times a game.  They have no passing game so CC will mainly key on the rb.  Poyen punt formation is terrible and they barely get it off everytime.  Punter is like 5 yards back for some reason.  It could turn out to be low scoring but Poyen will have to score more than 21 to beat CC. 

bdubyab60

Simple breakdown. The 3 best teams in the 3 beat Marked Tree convincingly and Poyen struggled with them. Think I'll go with Cross County

playmaker04

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 15, 2014, 04:41:41 pm
Poyen will have trouble with the speed of the qb and rb from CC.  Cross County is very small but they play hard.  They look like a jr high team.  But if #44 gets outside then he is gone.  I would like to see them get it to him quicker than fake pitching or fake handoffs.  Quit putting him in motion stuff and just sweep it to him all night long. 

Poyen has great size on the line and some big ole dudes.  They have a good running back but not a great one.  He will give CC trouble up the middle and they will give it to him 40 times a game.  They have no passing game so CC will mainly key on the rb.  Poyen punt formation is terrible and they barely get it off everytime.  Punter is like 5 yards back for some reason.  It could turn out to be low scoring but Poyen will have to score more than 21 to beat CC.
I'm the same way about all the motion crap too Donnie. We could have run the sweep all night long against Smurfreesboro. Those guys are smaller than us.

Pit Bull

CC wins, Davis is the truth... If CC stop saving their QB and run more naked bootlegs they will go deep...

baseballgod91

Poyen passed for 2 tds Friday night. They don't line up In a punt formation. They quick kick. Your defense has to stay on the field. If you don't they can run a play that isn't a fake punt. They also had 2 tds called back for holding. And marked tree scored a TD in a muffed kick off. So if Poyen had cleaned up their mistakes it could have been worse, but last time I checked you don't get style points. You win or you lose. CC is a great team and I think friday could be a good game!

the_whitester_21

If Poyen plays CC like they did Marked Tree it won't be pretty. CC could completely destroy these Indians. They just have to play tough.

mtindian42

usa today score predictor. cc 27 poyen 21.

jdwalk

Let's get to the important stuff for a minute.  Where are some good places to eat before the game?   :)

brown2010

playmaker04

Anfernee Davis needs 87 yards to reach 2000. He will get it and plenty more. 214 att. 1913 yards 26 TDs. Only a junior.

the_whitester_21

baseballgod91

Hunter keen only needs 147 yards to get 2,000 and im sure he gets it friday night

playmaker04

Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 17, 2014, 08:06:04 pm
Hunter keen only needs 147 yards to get 2,000 and im sure he gets it friday night
he might he might not. They gave up 16 yards rushing to Smurfreesboro. Of course Keen is better than anybody Smurfs had but he's all poyen has. We will stack it up on him and if he wants to throw that HB pass our DBs have 18 interceptions this year.

baseballgod91

Our dbs are about to break the state record for ints. We have 30 this year. Hunter is not all we have yes he is good but it helps when he runs untouched for the first four yards.

mrkingark

Sounds like a battle of 2 good backs Davis and Keen, be interesting see who leaves the game with the most yards.

baseballgod91

I think it will be a great game. Im pulling for Poyen obviously but i think both teams are great

jsky14

jdwalk

Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 18, 2014, 10:53:14 am
Our dbs are about to break the state record for ints. We have 30 this year. Hunter is not all we have yes he is good but it helps when he runs untouched for the first four yards.

I knew they have been intercepting a bunch of passes this year but had no idea they were that close to the record!!! GO INDIANS!

birddawg1986

Marked Tree moved the ball against Poyen last Friday night, and yes they did have a 69 yard TD run but on the flip side Poyen scored 2 TDs on 4th down, and long with the last one being the game winner on HB pass. Cross County wins this at the "Mosquito Patch" 36-12.

baseballgod91

November 21, 2014, 09:09:39 am #28 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:35:26 am by baseballgod91
Poyen also had two TDs called back for "holding" too. I thought if you held a team to under 150 total yards that meant your defense done pretty good. Maybe thats just me though

Dragon I

Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 21, 2014, 09:09:39 am
Poyen also had two TDs called back for "hilding" too. I thought if you held a team to under 150 total yards that meant your defense done pretty good. Maybe thats just me though

Those hilding penalties are real drive killers.

baseballgod91

Thanks for pointing out my fault dragon. I fixed it

NEark tigers

Cross County will roll tonight....42-24

playmaker04

Weather man says 48° and 0% precipitation at 7pm tonight but for Poyen gloomy and being THUNDERSTRUCK likely!!!

lionfan59

I say, forget the QB just direct snap it to 18 and put a block back next to him. Heck he is going to get the ball anyways,  As long as he is able to go north and south Poyen puts up yards and points. 

playmaker04

Its going to come down to which offense can control the clock and keep the other offense off the field. CC has a good defensive front and so does poyen. If one team can cause some 3 and outs and substain long drives for scores they have the advantage. I believe CC has a better quick strike ability. If Davis breaks a couple for scores and that front 7 of CC forces Keen and crew to do things their not comfortable with then it could get out of hand. Don't think Poyen has a team built for coming back from 14-21 points down.

cuz

Safe travel and good luck to both teams........

bigworm

jdwalk

12-7 Cross County at the half

Donnie Jamon

playmaker04

42-7 cc final. CC defense too strong just like I said. And I told you that you might stop Antman once,you might even get him for a loss but he will finally break one. The 81 yard TD was highlight reel material. Old conference for mccrory comes to CC next Friday.

playmaker04

Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 17, 2014, 08:06:04 pm
don't think he got it. Told you cc's front seven was rough.

mtindian42

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 21, 2014, 09:52:59 pm
42-7 cc final. CC defense too strong just like I said. And I told you that you might stop Antman once,you might even get him for a loss but he will finally break one. The 81 yard TD was highlight reel material. Old conference for mccrory comes to CC next Friday.
have them boys ready they got a rogo party coming to town...with that said. go birds...MVP game Davis vs rogo...

mrkingark

aaaaah....i think davis is a lot better,he prolly had close to 300

birddawg1986

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 21, 2014, 07:45:35 am
Marked Tree moved the ball against Poyen last Friday night, and yes they did have a 69 yard TD run but on the flip side Poyen scored 2 TDs on 4th down, and long with the last one being the game winner on HB pass. Cross County wins this at the "Mosquito Patch" 36-12.
Well wasn't far off. Cross Co put a beat down on Poyen. Still don't understand why Williams has starters I the game late. 17 was limping and still running the balll along with 44. Up by 35 not very smart Oscar.

playmaker04

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 21, 2014, 11:51:38 pm
Well wasn't far off. Cross Co put a beat down on Poyen. Still don't understand why Williams has starters I the game late. 17 was limping and still running the balll along with 44. Up by 35 not very smart Oscar.
yeah I was thinking the same thing. I thought #15 Strickland played a good game playing for #11 sides who was ejected from the murfreesboro game. Hats off to the CC defense. #55 walker and #82 Byassee are beasts on defense. #77 Soto,#51 hogan and #20 Boykin all played big last night on defense. And what can you say about Davis. Paper said he had 225. I thought he had about 300. If 225 correct he now has 2,138 yards on the season.

jdwalk

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2014, 08:12:23 am
Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 21, 2014, 11:51:38 pm
yeah I was thinking the same thing. I thought #15 Strickland played a good game playing for #11 sides who was ejected from the murfreesboro game. Hats off to the CC defense. #55 walker and #82 Byassee are beasts on defense. #77 Soto,#51 hogan and #20 Boykin all played big last night on defense. And what can you say about Davis. Paper said he had 225. I thought he had about 300. If 225 correct he now has 2,138 yards on the season.

Great game by Cross County.  Good luck the rest of the way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas