• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"before the champ is crowned"

Started by bearbacker52, November 14, 2014, 03:31:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearbacker52

IF its not jc, then condgradulations if jc please no-one complain about the players from claiborne parrish, I dont know of any louisanna players that have ever made a difference in their great program. I dont even know of any that went to a Division 1 College. So lets be good sports, and let the games begin.

Dragon I

bearbacker52

November 14, 2014, 03:37:44 pm #2 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:40:43 pm by bearbacker52
why whats wrong dead serious.

you must be one of those grammar correctors

lionfan59

cuz

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 14, 2014, 03:31:17 pm
IF its not jc, then condgradulations if jc please no-one complain about the players from claiborne parrish, I dont know of any louisanna players that have ever made a difference in their great program. I dont even know of any that went to a Division 1 College. So lets be good sports, and let the games begin.
Mama says...........Let's play some FOOSHBALL...........

Dragon I

About the no kids from CP going to D 1 schools.

Old Scrapper

There won't be any complaints here! I kinda like the whole David vs Goliath senerio.

BrianfromCarlisle

THA TRUTH

footballfrenzy

Yes and yes to the last 2 posters. Bear backer clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

bearbacker52

to quote an ole jc poster, the la players have not made that much of a difference,, A.T. and B.J is part of what has been the problem with the hogs, to many jc players,, 2a players are just not that good, now to find out another one is gonna go there give me a break...i tryed to give benefit of the doubt but when you hit the running back on the 5 and get drove into the endzone give me a break. Cant have it both ways sorry. It this new player goes there does good, then I will be first to speak it here. Lower classification atheletes are not as good as the upper classifications.

bearbacker52

will make a wager with anyone from jc/la/ar... LSU will lose to the razorbacks pm me if interested.. because lsu seaux.

WPWells

You realize that that would be pronounced like "sews" right?

bearbacker52

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 14, 2014, 05:35:16 pm
You realize that that would be pronounced like "sews" right?
i stand corrected, not familiar with south of the border jargon.

cuz

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 14, 2014, 05:23:10 pm
to quote an ole jc poster, the la players have not made that much of a difference,, A.T. and B.J is part of what has been the problem with the hogs, to many jc players,, 2a players are just not that good, now to find out another one is gonna go there give me a break...i tryed to give benefit of the doubt but when you hit the running back on the 5 and get drove into the endzone give me a break. Cant have it both ways sorry. It this new player goes there does good, then I will be first to speak it here. Lower classification atheletes are not as good as the upper classifications.
I don't know about that Cedric Houston, Clarendon (?) turned pro and Kevin Payne, JC, pro. You can't go much futher than that....... ;)

bearbacker52

do a randum search of say 50 kids from arkansas in the nfl, and discover what percentage is from the lower classifications.. and randum 50

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 14, 2014, 05:55:19 pm #16 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:03:39 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: cuz on November 14, 2014, 05:45:52 pm
I don't know about that Cedric Houston, Clarendon (?) turned pro and Kevin Payne, JC, pro. You can't go much futher than that....... ;)

Tank Daniels from Clarendon went to the nfl too.

THA TRUTH

Corey Williams from HG
Cedric Thornton star city
Rison had one named tyrell
Darren mcfadden oak grove
Kevin Payne jc
All small schools all professional ball players

THA TRUTH

Oh and Kevin Williams from fordyce

bearbacker52

bearbacker52

Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 14, 2014, 05:02:45 pm
Yes and yes to the last 2 posters. Bear backer clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
forgotten more about football than you will ever know cuz

Idoknow

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 14, 2014, 06:06:01 pm
Corey Williams from HG
Kevin Payne jc
Mitch Petrus Carlisle...N.Y. Giants 2010 Super Bowl Champs.
Jon Bradley Barton... NFL

bearbacker52

Quote from: Idoknow on November 14, 2014, 06:57:02 pm
Corey Williams from HG
Kevin Payne jc
them bradley boys from barton was da beast n pryors, what is scott pryor doing now?

Idoknow

November 14, 2014, 08:17:09 pm #23 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:34:02 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 14, 2014, 07:44:32 pm
Quote from: Idoknow on November 14, 2014, 06:57:02 pm
Corey Williams from HG
Kevin Payne jc
them bradley boys from barton was da beast n pryors, what is scott pryor doing now?
Cortez Kennedy Rivercrest... Seattle Seahawks, NFL Pro FB. Hall Of Fame.
Wayne Martin Cross County... New Orleans Saints 11yrs.

GusBrown

November 14, 2014, 08:19:17 pm #24 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:42:25 pm by GusBrown
Corey Williams from HG
Kevin Payne jc
Wrong. Oak Grove was 4A when McFadden was there

BrianfromCarlisle

Wrong. 3a from 01-03. 4a from 04-05

GusBrown

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:27:37 pm
ok, more athlets come from the higher classifications. Arguing that is ignorant.

BrianfromCarlisle

Just letting you know McFadden didn't play 5a. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 08:30:45 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:27:37 pm
ok, more athlets come from the higher classifications. Arguing that is ignorant.

Im not so sure about that.

GusBrown

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:34:51 pm
Just letting you know McFadden didn't play 5a.
Right, were there 7 classifications back then? Or was it just 5?

BrianfromCarlisle

GusBrown

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:39:43 pm
5. As it should be now.
I agree, so they were playing the equivalent of today's 5 or 6A

BrianfromCarlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

But if you go back and look historically at Arkansas, a lot of the great players from Arkansas were from the lower classifications and from the smaller towns.  Eckwood, Smackover Scott, Kennedy at Miami, everyone from Barton in the late 80s. Fordyce, Rison both produced big time talent   Warren.

Idoknow

November 14, 2014, 08:54:22 pm #34 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:15:24 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 08:41:13 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:39:43 pm
5. As it should be now.
I agree, so they were playing the equivalent of today's 5 or 6A
McFadden played in the 5-3A conference, there were only 4 classifications when he was playing!
5-4-3-2A

bearbacker52

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:48:41 pm
But if you go back and look historically at Arkansas, a lot of the great players from Arkansas were from the lower classifications and from the smaller towns.  Eckwood, Smackover Scott, Kennedy at Miami, everyone from Barton in the late 80s. Fordyce, Rison both produced big time talent   Warren.
ok an now balance that with all of the ones that have gone pro, and give me a percentage...byron jones, alan turner, have not helped the hogs, now another overrated one is going there. You will see what I mean

BrianfromCarlisle

Most professional Arkansans are from smaller towns

Dragon I

Why are you mad that you got two, three year starters out of JC?  I'm sure they're were other guys on the Razorbacks roster from higher classifications that couldn't beat them out.  What does that tell you about U of A recruiting?

cuz

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 14, 2014, 09:26:21 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 08:48:41 pm
ok an now balance that with all of the ones that have gone pro, and give me a percentage...byron jones, alan turner, have not helped the hogs, now another overrated one is going there. You will see what I mean
Two players can't help, the coaching and the program, but they stuck it out, Jones played good till he had that ankle surgery and Turner led the team in tackles last year. How'd that Bear Ross turn out???

Dragon I

I don't understand it.  They sucked as a whole, and they're were more players on the team from large schools than small ones.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Dragon I on November 14, 2014, 09:39:41 pm
I don't understand it.  They sucked as a whole, and they're were more players on the team from large schools than small ones.
ok dragon you just admitted the recruiting class sucked, and I said we don't need more of the same, We need four or five stars to compete in the SEC.  Alternatively, two or three stars that can be trained up..
and Cuz you saying that if more JC players where on the hogs team the last two years they would have had a better record, cause that is laughable. And I dont think Ross went to the UA. And when a safety leads a team in tackles, that tells you how suckie they are.. Now, with all this side conversation aside, Quite a few names have been mention in regards with the original thread.

bearbacker52

Kevin Payne, Byron Jones, Allen Turner all louisanna boys or men... How many state titles would jc had if they did not have these players.. Or should there be an asterick stating that those titles included LA players. I dont think it would not be near as many, just my opinion. or maybe on the state trophy they should put a little metal flake the shape of claiborne parrish at the bottom...

Wilson

I could have swore kev was an Arkansas boy. . three creeks to be exact

bearbacker52

hey wilson meet you at the potatoe shack man right before halftime

MomaLion

Quote from: cuz on November 14, 2014, 05:45:52 pm
Plus Tank Daniels went pro and has the super bowl ring to prove it....Clarendon

Wilson

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 15, 2014, 01:06:06 am

sounds like a plan. . if we are there early enough we can catch up before the game too

Backwoods Bart

Raylee Johnson, who was fullback on the Redbug state champ teams (two years) 90-91 not sure the yrs, who played DE @ Arkansas, & for the San Diego Chargers.

gatecrasher

You need four or five stars to compete in the SEC....
Mississippi State says otherwise.

Also, Bret Bielema has put more kids in the NFL since 2007 than any coach in the nation.
I can produce facts to back it up if you want.

You should read more and post less.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Wilson on November 15, 2014, 03:10:21 am
Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 15, 2014, 01:06:06 am

sounds like a plan. . if we are there early enough we can catch up before the game too

ok i will try but i dont know will be coming from dallas, and the life of an aircraft mechanic is not controlled by self..

WHITEchicken

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas