• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A

Started by footballfrenzy, November 14, 2014, 02:07:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

footballfrenzy

I don't think most of our teams will need much luck tonight (except Dierks), but nevertheless good luck to you all and rep the 7 proudly. Safe travels to all.

M.I. D

November 14, 2014, 02:39:04 pm #1 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:53:40 pm by M.I. D
Good luck to everyone!!! I know we're glad to be back in the 7AA

Dragon I

Looks like the 7 isn't doing nearly as well as you guys thought they would.  I hate saying I told you so..........but, I told you so.

Frodo

Davis from Cross County run over Murfreesboro in this one. Furious finish as the defense and special teams broke down for both teams in the last 4:00 minutes.

cuz

November 14, 2014, 09:22:32 pm #4 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:26:19 pm by cuz
Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 14, 2014, 02:07:00 pm
I don't think most of our teams will need much luck tonight (except Dierks), but nevertheless good luck to you all and rep the 7 proudly. Safe travels to all.
Can't get enough of Lady Luck, always keep her close........ ;)

monster_island

I stated in an earlier thread that the 7-2A was very weak this year. It showed tonight.

cuz

And then there was one...... ;)

godgiven999

The only one that really mattered  ;D

G-HIGH

Yep. Looks like rison and Gurdon are right on par. A copy cat score and demolition of the Outlaws.

swarfan

Quote from: cuz on November 14, 2014, 10:12:19 pm

That one looked pretty impressive tonight.  Don't let the final score fool you.  Gurdon led 40-0 at half time.  All 9th graders for the entire 2nd half for Gurdon.  The Go-Devils even showed off their passing game tonight.  Whitson threw 4 TD passes I believe. 

cuz

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 14, 2014, 10:12:50 pm
The only one that really mattered  ;D
Hang tough gd999, your the lone survivor....... ;D

Blue

Quote from: swarfan on November 14, 2014, 10:14:28 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 14, 2014, 10:12:19 pm

That one looked pretty impressive tonight.  Don't let the final score fool you.  Gurdon led 40-0 at half time.  All 9th graders for the entire 2nd half for Gurdon.  The Go-Devils even showed off their passing game tonight.  Whitson threw 4 TD passes I believe.

Rison had Dierks 44-6 at half let the starters take 1 snap in the 2nd half so the fans could cheer them leaving the field. Dierks was very much in the Gurdon game at half, the Wildcats are to deep for Gurdon. They have 40 or so kids and athletes at every position

COACH-Mike

Conference has got a ways to go at this point to be competitive.  Rison will beat Gurdon in the semi's  30-12.  Just my opinion.  Need more Harvel's to compete.  JC and Rison in the finals.  But I'm pulling for 7AA.  Good luck.

bleudog

November 20, 2014, 03:38:38 pm #13 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:48:13 pm by bleudog
Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 14, 2014, 02:07:00 pm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 16, 2014, 11:53:10 am
Results for how the conferences did in round.

7-2A
1st Gurdon def 5th(6) Carlisle 40-24
2nd m.i. lost to 4th(6) brinkley 37-16
3rd L.c. lost to 3rd(5) m.c. 28-24
4th murf lost to 2nd(3) cross county 32-18
5th Dierks lost to 2nd(8 ) rison 44-6

To go 1-4, the win was a blowout, 1close loss and 3 blowouts

Hopefully they all got that safe tavel part accomplished.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 20, 2014, 01:55:33 pm
Conference has got a ways to go at this point to be competitive.  Rison will beat Gurdon in the semi's  30-12.  Just my opinion.  Need more Harvel's to compete.  JC and Rison in the finals.  But I'm pulling for 7AA.  Good luck.

If we had your opinion to go by, Rison would have smoking the Go-Devils 44-6 last week.

52-2.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

How does it feel for your conference to know that if your best team played in the 6 or the 8 they would be a 4-5 seed?  And you guys were trying to lay claim to being a tough conference. You guys got serious jokes. 🐢🐢🐢🐢Gurdons speed

Indiana Jones

The only thing fast in Gurdon are their fans' mouths

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Indiana Jones on November 21, 2014, 10:26:01 pm

Until they get bounced, then its crickets.

Jaybo

I'm making no excuses for our conference at all. We weren't at all what we needed to be. It's obvious that the 6 and 8 have the best conferences this season. The 7 will improve and find their way back one of these days. Hopefully sooner rather than later. My team got bounced hard by Rison and we saw how far we have to go. The time for closing the gap is in the weight room right now. Good luck to the 7 next season.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Jaybo on November 21, 2014, 11:33:03 pm
I'm making no excuses for our conference at all. We weren't at all what we needed to be. It's obvious that the 6 and 8 have the best conferences this season. The 7 will improve and find their way back one of these days. Hopefully sooner rather than later. My team got bounced hard by Rison and we saw how far we have to go. The time for closing the gap is in the weight room right now. Good luck to the 7 next season.

Another stand up post. +1

The_Devil_Himself

Numbers are worrisome to me. Gurdon won this conference with low twenties. Seemed like most of the other teams had around the same number or fewer. The other conference in the south also has numbers problems with several of it's teams. Fewer and fewer kids in South Arkansas seizing the opportunity to play sports.........that combined with school closings makes me wonder about the future of small school sports in this part of the state.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 22, 2014, 12:15:14 am
Numbers are worrisome to me. Gurdon won this conference with low twenties. Seemed like most of the other teams had around the same number or fewer. The other conference in the south also has numbers problems with several of it's teams. Fewer and fewer kids in South Arkansas seizing the opportunity to play sports.........that combined with school closings makes me wonder about the future of small school sports in this part of the state.

I believe we only had 24-25 kids, with only 5 srs though we may have a few more next year. I know we got a small class coming up soon, just not sure if they are 8 or 9 graders now, then we have some prett t big classes. For instance our 5-6 grade PeeWee team had 30 players

Jaybo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 12:18:48 am

I believe we only had 24-25 kids, with only 5 srs though we may have a few more next year. I know we got a small class coming up soon, just not sure if they are 8 or 9 graders now, then we have some prett t big classes. For instance our 5-6 grade PeeWee team had 30 players
I guess it pretty much goes that way for most 2A schools. You'll have a large group then some small groups. We had 17 seniors last year and no where near that this season. With most 2A schools, you'll have a great season or maybe a few and then have to rebuild. I think the key to all of it is having a coaching staff that will put in the extra hours it takes to keep the team at the top, kids willing to put forth every drop of effort they have in their body without giving up, and the luck of no injuries (the last one is the real heart breaker in 2A sports). If you can have that year in and year out, you'll have a good team most years even on the years when your groups are small.

HORNET-MAN

November 22, 2014, 06:22:19 am #23 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:24:40 am by HORNET-MAN
Quote from: Jaybo on November 22, 2014, 12:52:09 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 12:18:48 am

I guess it pretty much goes that way for most 2A schools. You'll have a large group then some small groups. We had 17 seniors last year and no where near that this season. With most 2A schools, you'll have a great season or maybe a few and then have to rebuild. I think the key to all of it is having a coaching staff that will put in the extra hours it takes to keep the team at the top, kids willing to put forth every drop of effort they have in their body without giving up, and the luck of no injuries (the last one is the real heart breaker in 2A sports). If you can have that year in and year out, you'll have a good team most years even on the years when your groups are small.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 21, 2014, 12:57:17 pm
Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 20, 2014, 01:55:33 pm

If we had your opinion to go by, Rison would have smoking the Go-Devils 44-6 last week.

52-2.
You guys let me down.  Really thought you would change the playoff tradition in Gurdon for once and go a little deeper.  See you on the court!

G-HIGH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 10:27:55 pm

Until they get bounced, then its crickets.
There will be crickets a plenty on the blue bird back from the Border town next week I'm sure. Enjoy still being in it. Not sure why you would want to be such a delta bravo when yall are yet to avenge 60-0.

G-HIGH

Get it right Indie.
Their 3 or 4 fans on FF.
Fearless Friday ..... Which is a couple of episodes of Dr. Who away from a bunch of old dudes at a Magic the Gathering Tourney arguing over the best Batman.
I'd like to know how many of these dudes haven't pounded on the basement ceiling in the last 24 hours and asked mom to bring more Ovaltine.

The_Devil_Himself

What is "Magic the Gathering"? And what is "ovaltine"?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 23, 2014, 08:21:52 pm

I bet your a Tang guy aren't ya?

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: HF on November 23, 2014, 08:27:46 pm

That one's hanging there begging to be knocked out of the park.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 23, 2014, 08:41:13 pm
Quote from: HF on November 23, 2014, 08:27:46 pm

That one's hanging there begging to be knocked out of the park.

I threw ya one right down the middle....and ya just stood there looking :D

Probably a good choice on that one though lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas