• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brinkley coming to MT Iduh who you got?

Started by M.I Time, November 11, 2014, 08:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I Time

Brinkley going to the jungle in mount iduh who y'all got?

Old Scrapper

Pulling for Brinkley in this one! Get Greene on track and they should be fine.

M.I Time

I have caught a couple games of might iduh and watched some film on Brinkley . Brinkley is gunna come out ready to play . I just think the lions are going to be to tough and physical for then to handle . I'm going MI 28 to 21 gunna be a good one!

Old Scrapper

Yea I was just pulling for them because they are the neighbors to the east in the 6

cuz

I think those mountain goats whip them flat landers.... Altitude gets the Tigers..... ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Two guys went to Mount Ida..........one had to wait.   ; )

Old Scrapper

Two can't get on it and one can't hurt it!!!!!

M.I. D

Real bunch of winners in this topic. I like how ppl have to create new accounts to bad mouth Mount Ida.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: M.I. D on November 11, 2014, 09:09:07 pm
Real bunch of winners in this topic. I like how ppl have to create new accounts to bad mouth Mount Ida.

Krebs is originally from Glen wood(I think I recall him posting that somewhere on these boards), been on the boards for approximately 8 years....the other guy I don't remember him being around so you might be right about him...

Like to see Mt Ida win...dunno why just one of those teams I like to see pick up W's when I'm scanning through scores...

M.I. D

Anyone from glenwood knows about as much about football as I do about flying a F-16!!!!

Maynard G Krebs

November 11, 2014, 09:23:03 pm #10 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:25:16 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: HF on November 11, 2014, 09:11:06 pm
Quote from: M.I. D on November 11, 2014, 09:09:07 pm

Krebs is originally from Glen wood(I think I recall him posting that somewhere on these boards), been on the boards for approximately 8 years....the other guy I don't remember him being around so you might be right about him...

Like to see Mt Ida win...dunno why just one of those teams I like to see pick up W's when I'm scanning through scores...

Good memory.  Just couldn't resist reviving an old joke.  Don't know much about MI football, but they were pretty good in my day. Preston Stidman was the coach if I remember correctly. 

M.I. D

I'll say c point has improved. I think they are in the playoffs this year. Yes football is a big deal in Mount Ida. Always has been and always will be.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: M.I. D on November 11, 2014, 09:26:10 pm
I'll say c point has improved. I think they are in the playoffs this year. Yes football is a big deal in Mount Ida. Always has been and always will be.

I'm too old school to embrace/accept c point ;)

M.I. D

Old Scrapper

Been around awhile! Lol I wasn't talking about your town.

Maynard G Krebs

BTW, my great grandfather is buried at Mt. Ida in the cemetery by the Baptist Church and across from the Thornton Funeral Home, so I have a little history in Montgomery County.  I'll pull for the Lions this Friday. 

FootballDude02

Quote from: cuz on November 11, 2014, 08:36:22 pm
I think those mountain goats whip them flat landers.... Altitude gets the Tigers..... ;D
Don't think the altitude would be a factor, Brinkley went up to Magazine last year and beat them in the hills. Only lost 3 players from that team. Think it will be interesting. Attitudes will be football oriented for the tigers. I'm saying attitude over altitude in this one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 11, 2014, 09:46:35 pm
Don't think the altitude would be a factor, Brinkley went up to Magazine last year and beat them in the hills. Only lost 3 players from that team. Think it will be interesting. Attitudes will be football oriented for the tigers. I'm saying attitude over altitude in this one.

Magazine is in a valley :D

M.I Time

In all seriousness mount Ida is a great football team and had played with low numbers all year . The lowery kid at receiver can fly ! There two running backs are both though and #8 has speed ! Did I mention #10 there qb I believe his band is Wilson can beat you in the air and on the ground . They have a lineman Barrett that gets a 10 yard push every down and on defense shuts down anything and everything to his side which helps the whole D out .
Brinkley has size and speed but doesn't know what to do with it. The Greene boy is a stud no doubt about it! And #6 can run ! But there defense isn't much other than Greene . Gunna be a good one though

FootballDude02

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2014, 09:51:41 pm

Lol well we went through plenty hills to get ther lmbo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 11, 2014, 09:55:59 pm

Magazine is still higher above sea level than any of the river levees we have around here.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2014, 10:07:06 pm

Magazine is still higher above sea level than any of the river levees we have around here.

Not their fault that nobody in east Arkansas now's what a hill looks like :D...It was eerie driving out of Hazen a couple weeks ago in the dark, no hills, no lights....I got homesick for my hills  :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2014, 10:12:10 pm

Not their fault that nobody in east Arkansas now's what a hill looks like :D...It was eerie driving out of Hazen a couple weeks ago in the dark, no hills, no lights....I got homesick for my hills  :D

Yea they don't even have a river levee in or around Hazen.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2014, 10:16:30 pm

Or trees :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2014, 10:17:18 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2014, 10:16:30 pm

Or trees :D

Plenty of trees around, you just have to put some gravel in your travel. You were really close to wattensaw w.m.a. when you were by the interstate.

FootballDude02

Quote from: M.I Time on November 11, 2014, 09:54:00 pm
In all seriousness mount Ida is a great football team and had played with low numbers all year . The lowery kid at receiver can fly ! There two running backs are both though and #8 has speed ! Did I mention #10 there qb I believe his band is Wilson can beat you in the air and on the ground . They have a lineman Barrett that gets a 10 yard push every down and on defense shuts down anything and everything to his side which helps the whole D out .
Brinkley has size and speed but doesn't know what to do with it. The Greene boy is a stud no doubt about it! And #6 can run ! But there defense isn't much other than Greene . Gunna be a good one though
:o no talk, just sayin good luck to all the kids this Friday.

MomaLion

I will be rooting for Brinkley but they will have to be at 100%.  Good luck Tigers  :)

M.I Time

Brinkley just won't be able to get it done against Wilson, Robertson, lowery , Hickman, and Barrett, no chance .

FootballDude02

Quote from: M.I Time on November 12, 2014, 02:04:09 pm
Brinkley just won't be able to get it done against Wilson, Robertson, lowery , Hickman, and Barrett, no chance .

;) well good luck to those 5 guys vs the Brinkley TEAM.

MomaLion

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 12, 2014, 02:30:07 pm

lol...agreed.  Brinkley can pull it out when you don't think they can.  I'd never say no chance  :)

Lions84

M.I Time

Quote from: MomaLion on November 12, 2014, 11:27:16 pm
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 12, 2014, 02:30:07 pm

lol...agreed.  Brinkley can pull it out when you don't think they can.  I'd never say no chance  :)

Well there's also a line that had got a 5 yard push atleast every single play 😁

M.I. D

Mount Ida needs to come out and play very physical and with a lot of intensity. If they do that we will be in good shape.

Blue

Mt Ida, COOOLD weather, 3 hour bus ride, It won't be good for Brinkley. Mt Ida will hit you in the mouth every snap, very physical football team. Mt Ida is low on numbers although I'm sure they have moved some 9th graders up who can contribute. They will thrive in the cold weather, at home in front of a fired up crowd.

Mt Ida 36
Brinkley 13

MomaLion

Don't be surprised when Brinkley pounds back, they are very physical.

M.I Time

Well don't be surprised when Brinkley doesn't pound back . They have one running back . That's it . One against 11

Lions84

M.I. D

All us hillbillies will have our jugs in hand and all 4 of our teeth clean for tonight!!! :)

Lions84

Quote from: M.I. D on November 14, 2014, 09:56:56 am
All us hillbillies will have our jugs in hand and all 4 of our teeth clean for tonight!!! :)

LOL  Try and stay warm folks.

M.I. D

Don't worry most of us have bear or mountain lion skin coats fresh from these here mountains.

M.I Time

November 14, 2014, 02:07:03 pm #40 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:10:19 pm by M.I Time
A

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I Time on November 14, 2014, 08:40:40 am
Well don't be surprised when Brinkley doesn't pound back . They have one running back . That's it . One against 11

Yea im pretty sure Brinkley hasn't been hit all year........

BrianfromCarlisle

Nope.  Nobody in the 6 hits Pick!  You know that!!

M.I. D

I'm sure da, Earle, and others got kids that will hit ya no different than kids over here. Unless yall play touch till playoffs.

Yak

I have seen Brinkley play-they have a chance to do good, I think they will beat Mt Ida.

Maynard G Krebs

I can't believe Dr. Faulkner let 4 teeth slip past him 😱

mtindian42

M.I. D

Ya
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 14, 2014, 03:45:19 pm

I can't believe Dr. Faulkner let 4 teeth slip past him 😱

Guess he had a off day.

lionfan59

Normally root against Brinkley, but the posters from the MID think they are the next thing since slice bread.  With that being said, Brinkley uses its power back and pounds the ground for a win tonight. 

M.I. D

I can't speak for everyone from Mount Ida that post on here but I don't think we're the greatest since sliced bread. I think we have a good team that can make a run if they play with lots of intensity and focus. Can we just show up and play like crap and win? No!!! I prefer to be humble even when we have really good teams at Mount Ida. I'm not a coach or player so I give them all the credit they earn.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas