• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc vs Clarendon

Started by RiverEagle079, November 01, 2014, 10:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

Sorry Momalion but i gotta go with my boys on this one DA by 21

Old Scrapper

Yea I agree, DA will be to much to handle! Eagles by a bunch!                                                                         

MomaLion

No need to be sorry lol...I agree.  Especially since I hear the basketball players won't be playing this game at all.  Not much reason for them to play since we can't possibly get into playoffs...why risk the injuries. So most of the starters won't be there. Kinda sad for the Srs though that don't play basketball...it being their last game and all.

Cheek

I disagree.  If the players started the season, they should finish the season.   Letting them quit on their team is not a good idea. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 02, 2014, 06:22:26 am
I disagree.  If the players started the season, they should finish the season.   Letting them quit on their team is not a good idea. 

Me too, how can you build a football team, if you let players just quit because they dont want to get hurt before basketball season?

big E

Very true if you start finish.

hornetfever

Doesn't say much for the Football or Basketball coaches that allow that to happen. That is low character!

Coach Mac D

Players quiting to prevent injuries for basketball puts the loyal football players at a higher risk for injury cause they are forced to play positions and roles that other players played. Rather selfish on their part. Until administration puts in rules and expectations then it never changes. What kind of person says I only play if there is chance of playoffs. 

Coach Thrash

We are all going to play Thursday, I talked to a couple of the basketball guys about limiting some of the things they did on offense and they wanted to play and finish their season. So Thursday we will try our best to finish the season strong and send these seniors off the way they deserve. The basketball guys are some of the most competitive guys i know and they would never want to quit on their teammates. So Lions fans come  support these guys thursday at Des Arc. I just wanted to clear this up, I was worried about them, they were mad that i even thought about it!

purpleswag

Quote from: Coach Thrash on November 02, 2014, 12:58:31 pm
We are all going to play Thursday, I talked to a couple of the basketball guys about limiting some of the things they did on offense and they wanted to play and finish their season. So Thursday we will try our best to finish the season strong and send these seniors off the way they deserve. The basketball guys are some of the most competitive guys i know and they would never want to quit on their teammates. So Lions fans come  support these guys thursday at Des Arc. I just wanted to clear this up, I was worried about them, they were mad that i even thought about it!

I'm glad you cleared that up!! I was on the edge of my seat!!!  ::)

MomaLion

Why do you have to be such a jerk purple? Go worry about your own team.
Sorry for the confusion coach...it was what I was told and honestly it makes sense to me lol. I don't really see the travesty these guys see because of us being so small. I think they just want a better chance at us in basketball  :)

Old Scrapper

Playing Clarendon in basketball is like playing JC in football.

Old Scrapper

And before it gets out of hand that comment is not intended to turn this into another JC thread. :)

purpleswag

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 02, 2014, 04:02:27 pm

No it's not. JC finishes

Old Scrapper

MomaLion

Quote from: purpleswag on November 02, 2014, 04:13:33 pm
Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 02, 2014, 04:02:27 pm

No it's not. JC finishes
Oh I know someone from Hazen isn't going to talk about not finishing lol. We made it to the big dance and weren't prepared. Lesson learned.

Cheek

Clarendon was prepared, they just played a better basketball team.  Cedar Ridge was loaded with talent, and knew how to play basketball.  I do not know what Clarendon could have done different.

Old Scrapper

I agree, at least you made it!

Lions84

DA should win but the Lions are past due a real upset win. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on November 03, 2014, 06:39:49 am
Clarendon was prepared, they just played a better basketball team.  Cedar Ridge was loaded with talent, and knew how to play basketball.  I do not know what Clarendon could have done different.
You must have seen a different game because that wasn't a prepared team that night. Maybe it was nerves but they weren't playing their game. But it was needed experience.

lionfan59

The eagles fly high on this one!!!!!! 35-0 at half...then backups come in to rest starters for playoffs. 

Lions84

I pulling for an UPSET by the Lions down on the River.

Lions84

Lets go Lions fans the best we got left is to play spoiler and send DA into the playoffs with a Loss.

MomaLion

I hate that it's Thurs night...that just isn't good for me, can we reschedule??? Lol

Lions84

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

Congrats Des Arc...I didn't get to make it to the game, first one i've missed this season.

Lions84

Tough season #2 under Tanner T. But I am seeing improvement.

On the Basketball.

Tackle Elgible

Is coach Lumpkin still at clarendon?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Tackle Elgible on November 11, 2014, 09:02:49 pm
Is coach Lumpkin still at clarendon?

Negative...think it was postedon here that he left to go back to College

MomaLion

Yep, that was just before Thrash came to Clarendon.

Tackle Elgible

He was a coach really cared about the kids.

Lions84

Just another tough FB season down on the river at Clarendon.

MomaLion

Actually I'm proud of the improvements this season. They are really on the right track...I guess you'd have to see them week in and week out to see how far they've come. We will get there  :)

Lions84

I trust Tanner to get them right.

MomaLion

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on November 18, 2014, 12:26:19 am
I think you mean Thrash  :)

I just call him Tanner Thrash LOL it is a inside joke.

MomaLion

There is a Sr player named Tanner.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas