• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 2A Football

Started by bigworm, April 28, 2014, 09:14:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

Come on guys. Im new to 5 2A football. My England Lions will move to the 5 this fall. How is this conference gonna stack up?

Ventman

Don't know much about  the 5 but I bet the Lions will be in the running for the Championship quickly.

Qdog

Magnet Cove, Conway Christian, Bigelow will be some of the front runners, Cutter was improved last year, Poyen and Mt Pine have some work to do and have struggled, Quitman will be down again but should be on an up trend over the next few years. The Bulldogs have a new coach and coordinator, and the jr high team only lost one game last year.

BrianfromCarlisle

England should run away with the title. Literally. 

BigLion10

I hope so Brian I'm excited about the next couple of years

magnetcove60

My question is, I know England has better speed than us but do they have better strength and game smarts like we do??

bigworm

Quote from: magnetcove60 on May 12, 2014, 05:26:24 pm
My question is, I know England has better speed than us but do they have better strength and game smarts like we do??

wont be long till we find out. Glad to hear something out of someone over there. England has a pretty good group this year. Not alot of older guys. But the older one that are playing are pretty good. I figure the road to the 5 2A title will be a lot tuffer than some think. I know most of the teams will be very well coached and disciplined. Sometimes athleticism can win. Sometimes it cant. Im excited to be playing new teams.

Qdog

The Quitman Bulldogs started spring practice yesterday with 22 players showing up. Not bad for Coach Brett Shrable's first organized practice as the new head coach. I understand we had a few no shows due to other activities. I'm thinking we should have between 25 and 30 when all said and done. The Bulldogs will have a different look and attitude this fall. I'm looking forward to the change and the product on the field.
   It will take a couple years to turn thing around, improvement will be made this year though.

Qdog

Been watching some of the spring practices, here are a couple of observations; 1- Numbers will be up by 8 to 10 players this year (we finished last year with 16). 2- A lot of young players. 3- Totally different attitude (better). 4- The spread is gone. 5- Coaching staff seems united and determined. I like the vibe the new coaches are installing....
   This team will take their lumps this year due to youth, but if they weather the storm, look out in 2015......

BigLion10

I'm ready to take the 5-2A by storm this year go lions!!

Cheek

Quote from: Qdog on May 23, 2014, 09:55:32 am
Been watching some of the spring practices, here are a couple of observations; 1- Numbers will be up by 8 to 10 players this year (we finished last year with 16). 2- A lot of young players. 3- Totally different attitude (better). 4- The spread is gone. 5- Coaching staff seems united and determined. I like the vibe the new coaches are installing....
   This team will take their lumps this year due to youth, but if they weather the storm, look out in 2015......

Good post.

jdwalk

Quote from: Qdog on May 03, 2014, 11:39:35 am
Magnet Cove, Conway Christian, Bigelow will be some of the front runners, Cutter was improved last year, Poyen and Mt Pine have some work to do and have struggled, Quitman will be down again but should be on an up trend over the next few years. The Bulldogs have a new coach and coordinator, and the jr high team only lost one game last year.
England and Magnet Cove should be the teams to beat this year. Poyen will be improved and had great numbers in the spring practices (42).

bigworm

42 is great.im figuring poyen will be a tuff team to deal with as the years pass.

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on April 28, 2014, 09:14:14 pm
Come on guys. Im new to 5 2A football. My England Lions will move to the 5 this fall. How is this conference gonna stack up?
Weak. Until they start going outside the conference more there schedule ill continue to be weak..............

coveman92

speed has beat magnet cove the past 3 seasons. plain as that. when you play in the weakest confrence in the world and you schedual weak non confrence games your kids get used to that slow 5-2a speed then you hit someone like bearden strong or rison....

bigworm

Quote from: coveman92 on May 27, 2014, 07:40:58 am
speed has beat magnet cove the past 3 seasons. plain as that. when you play in the weakest confrence in the world and you schedual weak non confrence games your kids get used to that slow 5-2a speed then you hit someone like bearden strong or rison....

well, those 3 are going to out speed most 2A teams. don't feel bad, coveman.

HorseFeathers

if speed is all it takes to beat cove then england should run rough shod through the conference

coveman92

Quote from: bigworm on May 27, 2014, 09:55:11 am
Quote from: coveman92 on May 27, 2014, 07:40:58 am

well, those 3 are going to out speed most 2A teams. don't feel bad, coveman.
ya i know but, mc could schedual some non-confrence games to get themselves a little bit more ready for that. but that would be to much work for the coach at mc. and he will never be pushed or held accountable for as long as they keep getting district champions every year. and hey hats off to the boys its not their faults. mc does what they do off strict talent that they have every year and in the 5-2a you dont have to have much talent to win a district championship.

BigLion10

Who are some players to look out for next year in the 5-2A since my lions are new to football

bigworm

Wake up. It will be here before we know it.

BigLion10

Dang right worm I'm ready

jags to the rock

England nipped my young jags in the first round last year, in an all out scorefest! Be interesting to see how they do in new conference.

BigLion10

Greatest game I've watched in person that was a classic game

bigworm

Yall awake in 5 country?

HorseFeathers

They play football in the 2A-5? Thought it was a basketball conference..

BigLion10

Football now that England's joined lol jk

bigworm

got my hootens book yesterday. saw they picked MC to take the title again. what does MC have coming back? it looked like they lost several starters.

BigLion10

Looks like england at magnet cove might be for the conference title

bigworm

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 14, 2014, 07:55:08 pm
England nipped my young jags in the first round last year, in an all out scorefest! Be interesting to see how they do in new conference.

That was a crazy game! I was just ready for someone to win. Just kidding. Id have sat there till daylight for that win.

magnetcove60

MC and England will probably be for the championship, don't know much about Conway Christian right now, poyen right now is building and should be tuff in a few years, cutter don't have much coming up from junior high to rebuild the high school, Idk about Bigelow, MP has a couple good Jr high stars from last season that is moving up bug don't know if their enough to win, Quitman is my worry, because they Have QB that's really quick and hard to take down last season and their Jr high team only lost one game, as for my team MC we have strong arm,quick QB and Some big hard to take down running backs, are main runner this year will probably be 6'1 210 josh smeltzer and don't know anything about England but I think the championship is gonna go down to the week 4 match up England at MC

bigworm

Any bigelow fans out there? I have a feeling they are gonna be tuff this year.

Alien

Conway Christian returns 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense. Good numbers move up from a Junior High team that won the conference by beating Quitman. They will field 32-35 players, the largest number since they began playing 8 man football in 2003 in a private school league and since joining the AAA in 2008. They have made the playoffs every year they have been in the AAA and have had improved post season play the last two years. Magnet Cove has been consistently the best team in the 5 AA since they moved down from 3A but CCS is getting closer to their level every year. We played them two very close games two years ago meeting the second time in the second round of the playoffs. Last year CCS lost in OT at their place. This year CCS has MC week 9 at CCS. Oh and England don't worry about CCS they probably should go ahead and concede since the conference championship appears will have been decided in week 4. 

bigworm

I like it. A little fire. I dont think it will be decided in week 4. I think its gonna be a tight race to a title. I know cc and bigelow will be tuff to beat. MC has 3 in a row so no doubt they will be tuff. Poyen is the darkhorse in my opinion.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Alien on June 29, 2014, 10:10:28 pm
Conway Christian returns 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense. Good numbers move up from a Junior High team that won the conference by beating Quitman. They will field 32-35 players, the largest number since they began playing 8 man football in 2003 in a private school league and since joining the AAA in 2008. They have made the playoffs every year they have been in the AAA and have had improved post season play the last two years. Magnet Cove has been consistently the best team in the 5 AA since they moved down from 3A but CCS is getting closer to their level every year. We played them two very close games two years ago meeting the second time in the second round of the playoffs. Last year CCS lost in OT at their place. This year CCS has MC week 9 at CCS. Oh and England don't worry about CCS they probably should go ahead and concede since the conference championship appears will have been decided in week 4. 

Do you know anything about Bigelow this season? Seems like they usually at least appear to play a part in deciding who wins the conference title in that league...

Alien

It is hard to know how Bigelow will be this year. Conway Christian played them on their Senior night and they graduated a large group. Their junior high team finished 4th or 5th in the conference. Land is reasonably priced in Perry County so some from Conway and Little Rock may move that direction. You never know.

bigworm

just looking at the fact that bigelow has most starters returning i assumed they may be a lot tuffer this year.

gatecrasher

England's chances of winning a conference championship went up dramatically when they were moved to the Sun Belt of 2A football, and also, Mt Ida moved to conf 7.
IMO they would have been the conference favorite had they stayed.

BigLion10

We consider ourselves arkansas state of the sun belt lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 03, 2014, 02:04:22 pm
We consider ourselves arkansas state of the sun belt lol

Be Northern Illinois of the MAC...4-2A already has layed claim to the worst league in the state :D

Qdog

Quitman will be wild eyed with over half of the team being 10th grade. We have a new coach who is young and motivated. They are working hard and putting in their time but I don't look for a big turn around this season other than attitude. We will be where Hector was two or three years ago. I do see good things coming in a year or two when these youngsters grow up a little. They are a good group of kids and  have a couple more decent  classes coming behind them.
    The spread offense is gone so Quitman will have a totally new look that should suit their talent and numbers better than the hurry up spread. I don't think this years team will win many games but they will play hard and compete. I will be at every game win or lose to support them on this journey. So play hard and keep your heads up high, better days are coming. Go Bulldogs!!!   

HorseFeathers

Guessing your leaning more towards the 2 year ago mark for comparing yourselves to hector when we went 6-5 instead of 3 years ago when we went 1-9 lol

Qdog

Quote from: HF on July 12, 2014, 09:02:26 am
Guessing your leaning more towards the 2 year ago mark for comparing yourselves to hector when we went 6-5 instead of 3 years ago when we went 1-9 lol
HF 6 and 5 would be very optimistic for this team. My son was a jr in 2011/2012 school year, we came to Hector that year and won easily. Hector had a very young team, they have since rebounded. Do I think we will be a 1-9 team, I hope not but it could happen. I think we are building for the future but this is going to be a rough year.

BigLion10

What's cutter gonna be like this year they had a good season last year

bigworm

Cutter had a good group of seniors last year the way I understand.

Qdog

Quitman playing at a team camp in Newport this week. Hopefully this early work will pay off, O line gonna be young.

bigworm

Yall awake? How Is everyone lookin?

BigLion10

There all getting ready for the lions to come and take the conference by storm

bigworm

BigLion10

No doubt worm were gonna have to work for it

Qdog

Hows England's numbers, heard a rumor they were low right now?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas