• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March Madness

Started by PurpleNWhite FTW, March 17, 2024, 07:09:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleNWhite FTW

East Region

1 UConn vs 16 Stetson
8 FAU vs 9 Northwestern
5 San Diego St vs 12 UAB
4 Auburn vs 13 Yale
6 BYU vs 11 Duquesne
3 Illinois vs 14 Morehead State
7 Washington State vs 10 Drake
2 Iowa State vs 15 South Dakota State

South Region
1 Houston vs 16 Longwood
8 Nebraska vs 9 Texas A&M
5 Wisconsin vs 12 James Madison
4 Duke vs 13 Vermont
6 Texas Tech vs 11 NC State
3 Kentucky vs 14 Oakland
7 Florida vs 10 Boise St/Colorado
2 Marquette vs 15 Western Kentucky

West Region

1 North Carolina vs 16 Howard/Wagner
8 Mississippi State vs 9 Michigan State
5 Saint Mary's vs 12 Grand Canyon
4 Alabama vs 13 Charleston
6 Clemson vs 11 New Mexico
3 Baylor vs 14 Colgate
7 Dayton vs 10 Nevada
2 Arizona vs 15 Long Beach State

Midwest Region

1 Purdue vs 16 Montana State/Grambling
8 Utah State vs 9 TCU
5 Gonzaga vs 12 McNeese
4 Kansas vs 13 Samford
6 South Carolina vs 11 Oregon
3 Creighton vs 14 Akron
7 Texas vs 10 Virginia/Colorado State
2 Tennessee vs 15 Saint Peter's

Thoughts?

FoxandHound34

East Region is brutal, especially the top quadrant

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on March 17, 2024, 07:19:19 pmEast Region is brutal, especially the top quadrant

I've got Iowa State in that region tbh. I tend to really like strong defenses come basketball playoff time, no matter the level. Iowa State has probably one of the best defenses in the nation. UConn's offense does score on the level of the NBA's Celtics, though, so that might be enough to actually go over 70 on 'em lol. idk tho

PurpleNWhite FTW

FIRST 4
(16) Wagner 38 - (16) Howard 27 (Halftime)

DerekOxford

I've got UConn and UNC on one side, and Duke and South Carolina on the other side.

UConn over Duke in the final.

BoxNOne

I wanted to push Duke out further on my bracket then I remembered the Hogs beat them. I don't think they go far.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: DerekOxford on March 20, 2024, 10:42:59 amI've got UConn and UNC on one side, and Duke and South Carolina on the other side.

UConn over Duke in the final.

UConn looks like an absolute machine. I have a (possibly irrational) trust in ISU's defense to beat them in the Elite 8 tho. I think their ball pressure can disrupt some of the things UConn does.

I think Duke falls to Houston in the Sweet 16. Simply bcs Arkansas beat them. 😂

South Carolina is a lowk nice pick for the Final 4. Tennessee is probably better but the Vols are not exactly the poster boys of March.

FoxandHound34

I see Kentucky has done it again!  ;D  ;D  I think we can all agree Calipari is the Doc Rivers of college hoops. Great regular season coach with loads of talent but only has 1 title in all those years of stacked teams and that was ages ago

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on March 22, 2024, 12:17:20 amI see Kentucky has done it again!  ;D  ;D  I think we can all agree Calipari is the Doc Rivers of college hoops. Great regular season coach with loads of talent but only has 1 title in all those years of stacked teams and that was ages ago

As a Bucks fan, I approve of this comparison

beach bum

To think we sucked this season in a conference this bad... wow

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: beach bum on March 22, 2024, 06:33:24 pmTo think we sucked this season in a conference this bad... wow

yeahhh...the conference's tournament champion got first rounded by dudes who study the periodic table for fun.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Sweet Sixteen

East
1 UConn (-9.5) vs 5 San Diego State
2 Iowa State (-2.5) vs 3 Illinois

West
1 North Carolina (-4.5) vs 4 Alabama
2 Arizona (-6.5) vs 6 Clemson

South
1 Houston (-3.5) vs 4 Duke
2 Marquette (-6.5) vs 11 NC State

Midwest
1 Purdue (-4.5) vs 5 Gonzaga
2 Tennessee (-2.5) vs 3 Creighton

VHSCoach2

Have 14 of the 16 in my "thought actually went into this" bracket. The two I missed were Baylor and Kentucky.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 25, 2024, 09:25:47 amHave 14 of the 16 in my "thought actually went into this" bracket. The two I missed were Baylor and Kentucky.

My main bracket had UConn vs Auburn, ISU vs Illinois, UNC vs Alabama, Arizona vs New Mexico, Purdue vs Kansas (made it before the KMJ injury), Tennessee vs Creighton, Houston vs Duke, and NC State vs Colorado.

Overall, if the teams I had winning in my bracket win against different opponents, I should be fine due to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight multipliers.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Sweet Sixteen Predictions

UConn 79-64 SDSU
Iowa St 70-64 Illinois
UNC 97-90 Alabama
Arizona 84-76 Clemson
Houston 85-79 Duke
NC State 91-85 Marquette
Purdue 88-84 Gonzaga
Creighton 93-87 Tennessee

Elite 8

UConn 70-67 Iowa St
UNC 81-79 Arizona
Houston 91-79 NC State
Creighton 90-84 Purdue

Final 4

UNC 94-90 UConn
Houston 97-92 Creighton

NCG
Houston 84-78 UNC

DerekOxford

I think Duke is going to give Houston problems. They showed some serious flaws last night against A&M and I think the Blue Devils will exploit them.

I don't see anyone beating UConn honestly either.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: DerekOxford on March 25, 2024, 12:40:13 pmI think Duke is going to give Houston problems. They showed some serious flaws last night against A&M and I think the Blue Devils will exploit them.

I don't see anyone beating UConn honestly either.

I think Houston's style of defense plays directly into UConn's hands. They're so good at moving off the ball that the ball pressure just opens up a lot of things they like to do. I could maybe see UNC's offense giving them problems, especially if RJ Davis is hot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas