• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way Too Early 2017 Top 10

Started by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48, December 10, 2016, 06:59:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dukes424

Ok back to the walking dead and on to basketball. I'll be touch and go. I can say this the 1 4a will be back again with the most playoff team wins next year. The powers are shifting to the north.  ;D

Ole Legend

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2016, 07:31:29 pm
From watching warren vs 1-4A... I thought pg was the better team overall... warren beat both convincingly.. but warren didn't anything they wanted offensively against PR.

I was talking to 3 Warren dads at half time of the championship game. They all 3 agreed that PR was more dynamic and a rougher matchup for Warren than PG was. Warren came up with two big plays, the pick six and the fumble right before the half. Take those turnovers away and it's a little bit different game. Do I think Warren is the better team? Yes I do. They made more plays down the stretch in crunch time, and that is why they are the champs, again.

Pea Ridge will be back again next year. Probably a top 3 team. Holtgrewe/Winn/Sainsbury will all be players to watch. I honestly think that Holtgrewe is the most underrated receiver in the state. Dude makes plays. Winn is also underrated. I think going into the Warren game he was averaging over 12 yards a carry. How many kids in the state average over 12 yards a carry?? Not many.

STUNNA

Pea ridges defense was on existent. PG run defense was at least decent. Warren could have thrown for 500 against both if they wanted to.

Ole Legend

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2016, 08:40:40 pm
Pea ridges defense was on existent. PG run defense was at least decent. Warren could have thrown for 500 against both if they wanted to.

👌🏻👌🏻

AirWarren

I agree. Warren came into the game to run it down pea ridges throat. Which they did. If we would have kept throwing it, I would have been worse I think. But pea ridge is a good ball club.

Warren knew pea ridge could score. Run and take them out of their game. Get up by 15 and pea ridge got out of their element. That's when things turned for the worst.

Ole Legend

Quote from: AirWarren on December 11, 2016, 09:59:41 pm
I agree. Warren came into the game to run it down pea ridges throat. Which they did. If we would have kept throwing it, I would have been worse I think. But pea ridge is a good ball club.

Warren knew pea ridge could score. Run and take them out of their game. Get up by 15 and pea ridge got out of their element. That's when things turned for the worst.

You got 10 yards every run it seemed like. I don't think you could've thrown against our secondary like you think you could.

AirWarren

Quote from: Ole Legend on December 11, 2016, 10:01:51 pm
You got 10 yards every run it seemed like. I don't think you could've thrown against our secondary like you think you could.

Our qb was 10-12 for 208. He could have easily thrown for 408.

#5 was running too hard to take the ball from him.

dukes424

Maybe so to be honest Warrens defense was Good but definitely not great we should have scored almost every possession barring turnovers. The coaches went away from game plan and got way to conservative should have attacked  Warrens outside and small secondary more. Warrens team was real similar to Nashville great D line kind of weak in the secondary but great O.  The difference was Warrens qb threw darts.

AirWarren

Quote from: dukes424 on December 11, 2016, 10:11:43 pm
Maybe so to be honest Warrens defense was Good but definitely not great we should have scored almost every possession barring turnovers. The coaches went away from game plan and got way to conservative should have attacked  Warrens outside and small secondary more. Warrens team was real similar to Nashville great D line kind of weak in the secondary but great O.  The difference was Warrens qb threw darts.

Not good?

We held pea ridge to 296 total yards to our 500+.

Warren had two interceptions. One was a pick 6. Several sacks and multiple tackles for loss. The opening fumble by pea ridge, the kid was scared to death. The sainsbury fumble was from a sack and punching the ball loose. The Warren defense took pea ridge out of their game plan. The offensive man handling was the icing on the cake.

Ole Legend

Quote from: AirWarren on December 11, 2016, 10:16:12 pm
Not good?

Warren had two interceptions. One was a pick 6. Several sacks and multiple tackles for loss. The opening fumble by pea ridge, the kid was scared to death. The sainsbury fumble was from a sack and punching the ball loose. The Warren defense took pea ridge out of their game plan. The offensive man handling was the icing on the cake.

The Sainsbury fumble was him dropping the ball. It wasn't stripped or punched out. And the kid on the kick off is a sophomore, and had played pretty solid fundamental football until that point.

AirWarren

Quote from: Ole Legend on December 11, 2016, 10:25:05 pm
The Sainsbury fumble was him dropping the ball. It wasn't stripped or punched out. And the kid on the kick off is a sophomore, and had played pretty solid fundamental football until that point.

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the the defensive linemen hitting him from behind haha

dukes424

Not good?

im not saying they were not   good Air. Just that we should have attacked the secondary and outside more the D line was legit IMO. Their offense was legit and Lassiter and Daniels were definitely the beast mode for Warren. I will say Warrens O was the best in the state and again Daniels and Lassiter are studs. It would have taken a perfect offensive game from anyone in the 4a to make it a close game with the Jacks this year.

Ole Legend

Quote from: AirWarren on December 11, 2016, 10:28:46 pm
Yeah, it had nothing to do with the the defensive linemen hitting him from behind haha
It did have to do with the lineman hitting him, but I don't feel like the lineman was trying to strip the ball out or anything. It was just a routine tackle and he fumbled.

Stealthfan

Quote from: LJ06 on December 10, 2016, 09:29:41 pm
Apparently so lol. Actually more so around 28!

Ha!  From the article I read you only need 11 or 12 if another Lassiter-type is coming up.  That kid played about 6 positions.  Quite an athlete.

Stealthfan

Quote from: dukes424 on December 11, 2016, 07:22:47 pm
You mean second best team in the state. Pg wouldn't have beaten the Ridge or Shiloh in the playoffs. Those teams improved throughout the season. Pg peaked to early. They stayed the same all year and if anything went backwards I mean Lincoln almost beat them and then Warren took them to the woodshed and the game was over by halftime. No speed in the secondary other then Disney killed them and the secondary will take another step down next year. They will still have a good running game next year I will give them that and I'm sure they will be physical.

Very good point.  I must agree. 

PR will continue to get better, too.  Expect the same run threat with a deadlier passing game next season.  I expect we'll see that those coaches are just getting warmed up.

I also don't expect to see Shiloh just buying time for a year or two.  They'll show up polished and ready for next season.

AirWarren

Quote from: Stealthfan on December 11, 2016, 11:38:39 pm
Ha!  From the article I read you only need 11 or 12 if another Lassiter-type is coming up.  That kid played about 6 positions.  Quite an athlete.

FWIW, he has a younger brother that is in my youngest nephew's grade if I'm not mistaken.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Stealthfan on December 11, 2016, 11:51:59 pm
Very good point.  I must agree. 

PR will continue to get better, too.  Expect the same run threat with a deadlier passing game next season.  I expect we'll see that those coaches are just getting warmed up.

I also don't expect to see Shiloh just buying time for a year or two.  They'll show up polished and ready for next season.

We had some young players stand out for sure that look good-  Micah Button , Jarut Russ, E-Mack,Cole Tutt to name a few that  jump out at me...  Curious who will play QB...

prHOG13

December 12, 2016, 08:26:03 am #67 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:31:18 am by prHOG13
Not good?

The sophomore fumble on the kickoff was due to the sleeves he was wearing under his jersey. Bet he won't be wearing those again

Sainsbury was tackled from behind but the ball wasn't punched loose. He just flat out dropped it because he didn't see the defender and didn't secure the ball.

Pea Ridge took themselves out of their game plan by abandoning the run too early.  Warren was putting 9 in the box and they were still able to sustain long drives up to that point. Downplay it if it makes you feel better about it for whatever reason.  Make no mistake, the better team won. Looking at offensive yardage is a little short sighted way of looking at things when we had a KR TD and Warren had several onside kicks to give PR a shorter field. Of course the 4 turnovers killed any hope we had.

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 12, 2016, 08:14:52 am
We had some young players stand out for sure that look good-  Micah Button , Jarut Russ, E-Mack,Cole Tutt to name a few that  jump out at me...  Curious who will play QB...
Tutt has made what seems like an average of 20 tackles per game every time we've played y'all dating back to Jr High

AirWarren

December 12, 2016, 08:32:26 am #69 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:36:31 am by AirWarren
Quote from: prHOG13 on December 12, 2016, 08:26:03 am
The sophomore fumble on the kickoff was due to the sleeves he was wearing under his jersey. Bet he won't be wearing those again

Sainsbury was tackled from behind but the ball wasn't punched loose. He just flat out dropped it because he didn't see the defender and didn't secure the ball.

Pea Ridge took themselves out of their game plan by abandoning the run too early.  Warren was putting 9 in the box and they were still able to sustain long drives up to that point. Downplay it if it makes you feel better about it for whatever reason.  Make no mistake, the better team won. Looking at offensive yardage is a little short sighted way of looking at things when we had a KR TD and Warren had several onside kicks to give PR a shorter field. Of course the 4 turnovers killed any hope we had.

I only downplay when someone down plays our defense. Especially when we have 2 interceptions. One which was a pick 6. And two fumble recoveries.

Otherwise I don't care. We got #4 in the trophy case now.

OLDSCHOOL82

Who is the jacks qb for 17?  Is it the little lefty from pre game?

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 12, 2016, 08:37:58 am
Who is the jacks qb for 17?  Is it the little lefty from pre game?

More than likely it will be #1. But it will be a battle IMO between the two. #1 is a solid DB for us but he has an arm and can tuck it and go.

bigchief72455

Your defense does not have to be the best in the state. It only has to be the best in the game. Warren's D was the better that night and that is all that mattered.

LJ06

December 12, 2016, 08:47:07 am #73 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:48:59 am by LJ06
Quote from: AirWarren on December 12, 2016, 08:39:14 am
More than likely it will be #1. But it will be a battle IMO between the two. #1 is a solid DB for us but he has an arm and can tuck it and go.

Kinnard will be your guy. A former junior high QB who kinda filled the ole Sophomore Hayden Lassister role playing WR. Kinnard will end up being a good QB for us. Hembree still has two years to work with him. He has a really good arm and is a fast kid. Could be a big time dual threat.

With that said the Freshman, Logan Mann, has an arm on him as well. If we could come along Hembree may choose to play Mann and use Kinnard at WR. One thing for sure we need Kinnard in the secondary.

OLDSCHOOL82

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on December 12, 2016, 08:32:26 am
I only downplay when someone down plays our defense. Especially when we have 2 interceptions. One which was a pick 6. And two fumble recoveries.

Otherwise I don't care. We got #4 in the trophy case now.
He said they were good, just weren't great. I don't think that is a stretch, so not sure why you are being so sensitive about that statement. They were good enough to win, but still gave up 37 points against a good offense. I, being a reasonable person, would consider that statement made by Dukes accurate.

Congrats on the title

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on December 12, 2016, 08:47:07 am
Kinnard will be your guy. A former junior high QB who kinda filled the ole Sophomore Hayden Lassister role playing WR. Kinnard will end up being a good QB for us. Hembree still has two years to work with him. He has a really good arm and is a fast kid. Could be a big time dual threat.

#1, listed at 5-7, 135?

prHOG13

AirItOut21

Nashville's QB in 2015 was about the same size and we saw how that turned out.

dukes424

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2016, 05:41:55 pm
This......... Pea Ridge was #4 in the state IMO this year behind Warren, PG, and Robinson. If they aren't going to be as good as this year then they will obviously fall a few spots. I think everyone outside of Pea Ridge didn't think they were the #2 team this year. They'll be a good team but have a tiny drop off.
wont be dropping off Bum just getting fired up next year is gonna be ridiculous. Good luck🙏

Stealthfan

Quote from: dukes424 on December 12, 2016, 09:53:05 pm
wont be dropping off Bum just getting fired up next year is gonna be ridiculous. Good luck🙏

They will improve until they grow out of the 4A.  They have numbers and now a very attractive program to athletes moving into the area (or out of Bentonville/Rogers).  Don't expect any drop off at Pea Ridge. 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Stealthfan on December 13, 2016, 03:04:56 pm
They will improve until they grow out of the 4A.  They have numbers and now a very attractive program to athletes moving into the area (or out of Bentonville/Rogers).  Don't expect any drop off at Pea Ridge.

I agree with this...  Only going to get better....

OLDSCHOOL82

How many senior starters does pea ridge graduate?

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 13, 2016, 03:15:48 pm
I agree with this...  Only going to get better....

We don't need bentonville or Rogers to survive or win  ;D

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on December 13, 2016, 03:21:37 pm
We don't need bentonville or Rogers to survive or win  ;D

We having been pulling some kids from Winslow and Hogeye.....  Might throw in St Paul next season...

prHOG13

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 13, 2016, 03:18:25 pm
4 on the OL, TE, 1 FB, and one of the RB's on offense. There are some good young OL with size behind those starters though. Return Sainsbury at QB, Holtgrewe (1100 yards and 10 TD's receiving) and Higgins at WR, and Winn at RB (12 yards per carry and 25 TD's rushing this season splitting carries with Holley).

On defense: safety, an OLB, and two DL. One of our Sr LB's missed a good chunk of the season and was replaced by a sophomore that performed really well.

A good chunk of our production on both sides of the ball was from the Jr class this past season. Looks like we will return 5 on offense and 7 on defense. Getting that OL up to speed will be key early in the season. Big test early on against Booneville

prHOG13

I'm trying to think of any kids we've pulled from Bentonville or Rogers. I'm coming up with a backup LB, a kicker that graduated last year I think, and that's about it. All the key guys have all been playing together since 3rd grade.

The soph LB mentioned in my previous post was a transfer in from Pottsville.

OLDSCHOOL82

Should be a good opening game for both.  We return all but 3 to 4 on each side of the ball.

dukes424

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 13, 2016, 03:18:25 pm
4 on the o line, 2 on the d line, safety, one of the tailbacks that rotated, and one linebacker. Several that did not get much time.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 13, 2016, 03:38:18 pm
I'm trying to think of any kids we've pulled from Bentonville or Rogers. I'm coming up with a backup LB, a kicker that graduated last year I think, and that's about it. All the key guys have all been playing together since 3rd grade.

The soph LB mentioned in my previous post was a transfer in from Pottsville.

I guess too though do all those kids live within the Pea Ridge city limits or does the program attract from a broader base at even a early age... 

dukes424

Quote from: Stealthfan on December 13, 2016, 03:04:56 pm
Havnt seen any move in for football, I'm sure it will happen. We got the Pottsville kid which was a great addition. It may be happening in the younger grades but not sure all these high school kids have been here since 3rd grade.

dukes424

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 13, 2016, 03:43:30 pm
I guess too though do all those kids live within the Pea Ridge city limits or does the program attract from a broader base at even a early age...
im pretty sureBella vista kids can transfer to the Ridge but they may have to set out a year.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: dukes424 on December 13, 2016, 03:53:30 pm
im pretty sureBella vista kids can transfer to the Ridge but they may have to set out a year.

You only have to sit out a year if you transfer to a private school...

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 13, 2016, 03:43:30 pm
Most of the ones I know live within PR city limits. Can't say that I know where all of them live. There's like 75 kids on the team.

PR is growing fairly fast, just not seeing a ton of growth in the HS yet. Lots of people with younger kids though.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 13, 2016, 04:03:41 pm
Most of the ones I know live within PR city limits. Can't say that I know where all of them live. There's like 75 kids on the team.

PR is growing fairly fast, just not seeing a ton of growth in the HS yet. Lots of people with younger kids though.

I think it's the fastest growing school in the 4A, it's close to the top....

whippersnapper

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 13, 2016, 04:07:12 pm
I think it's the fastest growing school in the 4A, it's close to the top....
The article i read in the paeper back in october said Pea ridge had a 12% enrollment growth over the calendar year at the time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas