• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travel Chat

Started by beach bum, August 21, 2015, 09:09:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Makes you realize how blessed you are as an American. Congrats on the engagement!

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on July 06, 2016, 12:26:09 pm
If you ever get the chance to go to Igaucu Falls in Brazil it is worth it because it puts even Niagra Falls below its feet. It could easily be toured in about 2 to 3 hours, but we stayed all 9 hours the park was open because it was that amazing. I spent time in four countries in total and had the time of my life and got engaged to the woman I have been with for 7 years. I don't know how many of you have been on mission trips or something of that nature to nations with much less we are born into( I am mainly speaking of my 5 days in Paraguay), but I feel so lucky to live in this wonderful nation. I had a blast however and plan on going back next year to visit my friend again who lives down there. That was a special trip that changed my life I believe.

Congrats on your engagement!

beach bum

Thank you guys! Finished up the first day back to work and back to reality. We all know the grind when its back to reality!

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on July 06, 2016, 12:26:09 pm
If you ever get the chance to go to Igaucu Falls in Brazil it is worth it because it puts even Niagra Falls below its feet. It could easily be toured in about 2 to 3 hours, but we stayed all 9 hours the park was open because it was that amazing. I spent time in four countries in total and had the time of my life and got engaged to the woman I have been with for 7 years. I don't know how many of you have been on mission trips or something of that nature to nations with much less we are born into( I am mainly speaking of my 5 days in Paraguay), but I feel so lucky to live in this wonderful nation. I had a blast however and plan on going back next year to visit my friend again who lives down there. That was a special trip that changed my life I believe.

No pics????

Congrats though Beach Bum!

beach bum

July 07, 2016, 10:50:21 pm #104 Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:56:41 pm by beach bum

beach bum

July 07, 2016, 10:57:30 pm #105 Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:02:55 pm by beach bum

WPWells

beach bum

I was hoping those showed up. It is crazy but I had never heard of Iguacu Falls until my buddy moved down there. Four of the pictures are from there. One is from Asuncion and another of Ciudad del Este in Paraguay. The stadium is "Estadio Defensores del Chaco" where Paraguay plays its home games in national team games. And those little creatures are called coati. They are relentless and everywhere at that park and rummaged through many peoples' lunches they had packed and carrying around. I guess they went for the low dangling fruit.

HorseFeathers

how's about a little closer to home. .... Any suggestions for things to do in eureka springs?  The wife wants to go watch the passion play,  and we've been through most of the shops before....

AirWarren

Heading back to the gulf in about 3 weeks. Ready.

Lineman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 09, 2016, 10:44:19 pm
how's about a little closer to home. .... Any suggestions for things to do in eureka springs?  The wife wants to go watch the passion play,  and we've been through most of the shops before....
The Mrs & I went there a few years back for our anniversary. I wasn't impressed with anything there, I'd say the only thing to do is drive through, but that would mean you got lost going somewhere else.

Jimbo Morphis

do y'all like to fish?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on July 11, 2016, 02:37:03 pm
do y'all like to fish?

I do, she doesnt...

Quote from: Lineman on July 11, 2016, 02:06:58 pm
The Mrs & I went there a few years back for our anniversary. I wasn't impressed with anything there, I'd say the only thing to do is drive through, but that would mean you got lost going somewhere else.

kinda how I feel about it, we've been there before...but not for the play...and that's what she wants to do this weekend(apparently I didn't get a say this year)

beach bum

I have even wanted to see the Passion Play as arts and theater have always been an interest for me. I think its an Arkansas must do and people all around the country have heard about it. If you go you will have to let us know how good it was.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 11, 2016, 09:34:14 pm
I have even wanted to see the Passion Play as arts and theater have always been an interest for me. I think its an Arkansas must do and people all around the country have heard about it. If you go you will have to let us know how good it was.

not much on the artsy stuff,  so I may not be the best critic lol

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 11, 2016, 09:47:55 pm
Arts are important

didn't say they weren't...I did enjoy the musical I watched last month, maybe that's a bad thing though?

WPWells

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 11, 2016, 09:51:05 pm
didn't say they weren't...I did enjoy the musical I watched last month, maybe that's a bad thing though?

What was it?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 11, 2016, 09:58:38 pm
What was it?

Texas! performed in beautiful Palo duro canyon south of Amarillo Texas. ...think I may have mentioned this to you

WPWells

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 11, 2016, 10:00:50 pm
Texas! performed in beautiful Palo duro canyon south of Amarillo Texas. ...think I may have mentioned this to you

I knew you were there but you never mentioned the musical to me

Black and Gold

I just found this thread and figured I'd share a little. Went to the beach just a couple of weeks ago. Nothing crazy happened there, got a jellyfish tentacle wrapped around my wrist and then proceeded to rub it off on my face right beside my eye (wonderful beach trip, right?). This Christmas break, I'm taking a trip to Italy to see someone special. Really hoping that trip works out. And next summer I should be hitting Germany for about a week and then the beach. Lots of cool stuff brewing in the life of B&G. I'll post pictures if you guys want me to (of Italy and Germany).

WPWells

Quote from: Black and Gold on July 14, 2016, 03:51:45 pm
I just found this thread and figured I'd share a little. Went to the beach just a couple of weeks ago. Nothing crazy happened there, got a jellyfish tentacle wrapped around my wrist and then proceeded to rub it off on my face right beside my eye (wonderful beach trip, right?). This Christmas break, I'm taking a trip to Italy to see someone special. Really hoping that trip works out. And next summer I should be hitting Germany for about a week and then the beach. Lots of cool stuff brewing in the life of B&G. I'll post pictures if you guys want me to (of Italy and Germany).

Does Mrs. B&G live in Italy?

Lumberjackfan1978

Just got back from 11 days on the beach at Navarre and destin, me and my wife had a good time spoiling our grandkids some more

beach bum

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 16, 2016, 11:40:41 pm
Just got back from 11 days on the beach at Navarre and destin, me and my wife had a good time spoiling our grandkids some more

I would do anything to live near the beach again.... Not even right on the coast, but just even a few hours so I could make a trip 2 or 3 times a year for a three day weekend or something like that.

beach bum

July 17, 2016, 04:49:50 pm #124 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 05:00:52 pm by beach bum
I will be in Dallas for a few days in the beginning of August. Talk about a terrible time to head down there. I imagine it will be between 100-103 degrees those days if it is typical Dallas dog days of summer weather. The DFW metroplex has slowly grown on me through the years though.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on July 17, 2016, 04:48:07 pm
I would do anything to live near the beach again.... Not even right on the coast, but just even a few hours so I could make a trip 2 or 3 times a year for a three day weekend or something like that.
we usually make 2 or 3 trips a year to the beach

Lineman

Not much traveling for us this summer, were just too busy. I am headed to Heber Springs this weekend to do some trout fishing.

WPWells

With work I haven't been able to travel this summer, so I went up to STL last weekend and caught a couple Cardinals games. I also saw the Cardinals Museum on Saturday

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on July 20, 2016, 12:18:37 pm
Not much traveling for us this summer, were just too busy. I am headed to Heber Springs this weekend to do some trout fishing.

....at least the water will be cold

Went to Eureka Springs last weekend.....the usual walk through the old downtown, the passion play(go see it, even with the canned lines and music Id give it a 8 out of 10, imo)...and a morning walk at blue springs heritage center..

Oh yeah looking for a nice scenic drive..
..hiway 27 from Hector to Tilly
Highway 16 west from Tilly to Nail
highway 21 north from Nail to Kingston

Longfellow

I will be heading to Heber Springs tomorrow. Not for fun though. I'll be delivering 300 cases of paper to Heber Springs High School

Brian G

That's a lot of 4-roll.

Lineman

The little red is always ice cold. Last year it was moving too fast to jump in. The drive to Eureka is scenic.

beach bum

I have been mostly in the Plano and Frisco areas of Dallas the last two days and those two areas are so nice. The heat has been cranking up, but not as bad as it is sometimes in early August. I got up at 6:10 the last two mornings for a run that went by a high school and their athletic facilities are unreal for high school. We all already knew that about Texas.

AirWarren

ricepig

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2016, 09:24:39 am
Fixt

I like all the northern suburbs of Dallas, I like the areas of Houston like Sugar Land & Katy. Plus, as you all would guess I like Austin. You are going to either hate or love Austin. There is no in between.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on August 05, 2016, 11:16:25 am
I like all the northern suburbs of Dallas, I like the areas of Houston like Sugar Land & Katy. Plus, as you all would guess I like Austin. You are going to either hate or love Austin. There is no in between.

Those are fine, but there is a lot of areas of Texas that suck, just like every state.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2016, 12:45:58 pm
Those are fine, but there is a lot of areas of Texas that suck, just like every state.

like the llano estacado of the panhandle....

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 05, 2016, 02:34:31 pm
like the llano estacado of the panhandle....

I randomly have  been through the northern panhandle of Texas quite a bit even though there isn't anything out there but oil country. I enjoy taking that way the times I have gone back and forth from Colorado and Arkansas. It's not as fast at all to go back to NWA but I prefer going through the panhandle to northern New Mexico at the Raton Pass on the Colorado border. It's better to the eyes than driving through Kansas on I-70 which sucks. I have become familiar with those towns north of Amarillo like Dumas and Dalhart. I always hit Amarillo and head north/northwest. I like that panhandle because you start seeing the geography transition slowly.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on August 05, 2016, 05:14:00 pm
I randomly have  been through the northern panhandle of Texas quite a bit even though there isn't anything out there but oil country. I enjoy taking that way the times I have gone back and forth from Colorado and Arkansas. It's not as fast at all to go back to NWA but I prefer going through the panhandle to northern New Mexico at the Raton Pass on the Colorado border. It's better to the eyes than driving through Kansas on I-70 which sucks. I have become familiar with those towns north of Amarillo like Dumas and Dalhart. I always hit Amarillo and head north/northwest. I like that panhandle because you start seeing the geography transition slowly.

When we were broke and would go skiing in Aspen for a couple of weeks fresh out of college, we would occasionally go that way because we had already counted the 8 trees crossing Kansas. It was a change of scenery, but was pretty boring from Amarillo to NEA on I-40.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2016, 05:23:10 pm
When we were broke and would go skiing in Aspen for a couple of weeks fresh out of college, we would occasionally go that way because we had already counted the 8 trees crossing Kansas. It was a change of scenery, but was pretty boring from Amarillo to NEA on I-40.

I know what you mean. The part just west of Salina all the way to the outskirts of Denver is just terrible.

AirWarren

I like all of Texas. Just can't help it.

Fort Morgan is wonderful this week. Water is perfect. Weather is good.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 05, 2016, 09:26:31 pm

Well, as they say, it takes all kinds to make the world go around! Yeah, next week looks wet in that part of the US.

Brian G

The picture becomes clearer now.  ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 05, 2016, 05:14:00 pm

...next time your around Amarillo and have a minute to stop, go to Palo duro canyon

Texarkana_Piggie

we did a 3200+ mile road trip a couple of weeks ago.  went up through nebraska and iowa to south dakota.  went to DeSmet to the laura ingalls wilder homestead, to crazy horse, to deadwood, to mount rushmore, to cheyenne, wyoming, to golden, colorado, to santa fe, nm, then home.  wonderful trip and great weather.  however, just out of amarillo, we came across a feed lot for cattle.  more cows in one place than i have ever seen in my life.  thousands.  stuck like nobody's business.  nasty.  and just fyi....texas is boring to drive across.  saw license plates from 48 different states, canadian provinces and mexico.   great trip and didn't want to come home.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 06, 2016, 01:13:37 pm
we did a 3200+ mile road trip a couple of weeks ago.  went up through nebraska and iowa to south dakota.  went to DeSmet to the laura ingalls wilder homestead, to crazy horse, to deadwood, to mount rushmore, to cheyenne, wyoming, to golden, colorado, to santa fe, nm, then home.  wonderful trip and great weather.  however, just out of amarillo, we came across a feed lot for cattle.  more cows in one place than i have ever seen in my life.  thousands.  stuck like nobody's business.  nasty.  and just fyi....texas is boring to drive across.  saw license plates from 48 different states, canadian provinces and mexico.   great trip and didn't want to come home.

dalhart or Hereford if I was guessing where the cattle are...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 06, 2016, 11:33:17 am
...next time your around Amarillo and have a minute to stop, go to Palo duro canyon

I had never heard of it, but just looked at some photos online and that looks amazing. It has a very similar look to Zion in Utah as far as the color of the landscape. Also, the map shows its pretty easy to get to off the interstate. Not too far south of I-40 and right off I-27 even closer. I am definitely going to go next time there because that is so unique to the rest of the area. This is the reason I made this topic. We all might become aware of things we had never heard of and it makes for great ideas for everyone on here.

beach bum

August 06, 2016, 07:18:52 pm #148 Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:21:18 pm by beach bum

You always on vacation like me haha? Well I kind of like to lump mine close together like that too with my vacations from work. Some employers aren't a fan of that but mine doesn't care and that is what I prefer. Did you by chance do the ferry from Fort Morgan to Dauphin Island or run into anybody there that was? I always wanted to do that when in the Pensacola area for a day trip but never got around to it. If anyone is ever in the Biloxi/Gulfport area in Mississippi for vacation and a history guy then you can hit the ferry to Ship Island which was an old prison they used in multiple wars throughout our history.

AirWarren

August 06, 2016, 07:32:27 pm #149 Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:34:15 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: beach bum on August 06, 2016, 07:18:52 pm
You always on vacation like me haha? Well I kind of like to lump mine close together like that too with my vacations from work. Some employers aren't a fan of that but mine doesn't care and that is what I prefer. Did you by chance do the ferry from Fort Morgan to Dauphin Island or run into anybody there that was? I always wanted to do that when in the Pensacola area for a day trip but never got around to it. If anyone is ever in the Biloxi/Gulfport area in Mississippi for vacation and a history guy then you can hit the ferry to Ship Island which was an old prison they used in multiple wars throughout our history.
Ha. We take two vacations a year.

1. The Mrs and I go on an anniversary trip.
2. A family trip with my family at the condo in fort Morgan.

We drove down the day we got down here while waiting on my folks. It was a neat place. But we didn't stop and we didn't do the ferry. I think it would be neat.

I love vacations if you haven't noticed haha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas