• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirby @ West Side

Started by BasketballNeverStops, October 16, 2018, 12:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Big test for the Eagle teams as they host a program that has made many deep runs into the postseason. Thoughts?

ZacAttack

In the boys game, Kirby has to replace their BEST starter while West Side replaces every starter.  The Eagles looked good against a lesser opponent on opening night, but Kirby should be a MUCH TOUGHER test tonight.  A great early season match up against 2 teams that could face each other later in the year.  I have not seen Kirby this season, but I think Kirby will win by a dozen.

Kirby's girls are being talked about as one of the best 1A teams in the state.  West Side has some talent, but their numbers are few.  If this gets to be a running game, the Lady Eagles will have to dig down deep to keep this one close.

BasketballNeverStops

West Side girls lead Kirby at the half 26-19.

riccoar

Westside Girls lead entire game.

Final

WS   56
Kirby 45

riccoar

Westside Girls

Score was 18-13 after 1st Qrtr
                26-19 after 2nd Qrtr
                39-32 after 3rd Qrtr
                56-45 after 4th Qrtr

Gentry fouled out with 3:30 remaining in game. Kirby girls missed more from 3 than made, but Westside was pretty good on defense all night.

BasketballNeverStops

Boys Final
Kirby-71
West Side-52

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 16, 2018, 06:54:46 pm
Boys Final
Kirby-71
West Side-52
LOTS of work to do boys! Only positive spin I can find! Work just work

scrapdig

I don't really get where some people think Kirby girls will be better than last year.  Can't just replace a player like Smith.

thebigman3

Quote from: scrapdig on October 17, 2018, 10:40:55 am
I don't really get where some people think Kirby girls will be better than last year.  Can't just replace a player like Smith.
Does she play collegiate?

scrapdig

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 17, 2018, 11:31:05 am
Does she play collegiate?
I think you know the answer but I'll bite.  No but she could have easily

SackAttack

Quote from: scrapdig on October 17, 2018, 02:23:53 pm
I talked to her dad this summer!! It was her choice gotta have huge respect for that

scrapdig

Quote from: SackAttack on October 17, 2018, 02:29:25 pm
I talked to her dad this summer!! It was her choice gotta have huge respect for that
Whose other choice would it be?

Flobbito

Which schools showed interest?

SackAttack

Well I for one have certainly enjoyed the opening week of basketball season! Concessions have been disappointing and that gym at ICC was nothing short of brutal! Who architeched that place anyway! Last night I was up and down like a poorly parented kid in a resort elevator!! Our ladies came out hot! Fantastic girls hire! Miss Tutor( gosh I hope she ain't married) is doing a masterpiece of a job! Bob Rossesque type IMO! Immediate improvement!! Sack thinks it rivals Crommett victory over Shirley in district finals 2 years ago. Masterpiece of coaching over Kirby and Mr Perenial RC Cola Tucker was touted as the real deal! Coaching has a way of changing that!! Bob Ross Saturday morning Masterpiece theatre! And then you have the Twilight Zone in the boys! Hype doesn't win Sack thinks that!! I tell ya that's what you get with a number 4 choice Crommett shoulda took it! Him and Miss(?) Tutor together woulda been Primo High Seedo!! Popcorn was good though and that pulpwood hauler was wavin at me again but not with his whole hand!! Tomorrow is officially Westside Lady Eagles day down here at the Sonic! Ready for more hoops with the Eagles and Lady Eagles! Great job ladies and boys you'll get em next year I'm sure! Didn't see Coach Hipp there

Sports Loser

I started following them after I met athletic director Davis at a golf event.   Also watched them in a few cross country events.  Coach Tutor did do an amazing job the other night.  I looked on Maxpreps and seen where they play Pangburn tonight at 4pm is that correct?  Seems early

ZacAttack

I was planning to go to this too, so I checked the school website looking for a schedule.  It says there are Junior Girls and Boys starting play at 4 PM.  Senior Girls will probably start around 6 PM. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R2dbTVjwyOWrFihShYALgeWfC8BDen5NFrapd2ymRXc/htmlview

scrapdig

riccoar

Quote from: scrapdig on October 17, 2018, 10:40:55 am
Kirby will be in the mix once they beat the rust off.  Westside played like a team that had about 7-8 games under their belt.  Kirby got nothing production wise from their big inside and they missed some 3's.  Tudor had the zone very efficiently focused on protecting the 3 point line.

thebigman3

No, I didn't know or I wouldn't have asked. I'm not from that area and was just wondering.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas