• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Multi-Sport Athlete in Your Schools History

Started by leaderofthepack10, September 07, 2018, 11:55:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leaderofthepack10

Maybe this will be interesting to talk about as we inch closer to basketball season. Who is the best multi-sport player in your schools history? Boy and girl who played multiple sports and excelled in both.

brotherdew

I would throw Drew Walston's name in the hat from Dierks.

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on November 08, 2018, 11:24:43 pm
Jamarlin Jackson from Clarendon.

By far one of the best I've ever seen. To bad Clarendon would not release him to play athletics his sr year, he was wanting to move to des arc. We would have probably won a state title that year.

RATTLER43

Ryan and Cory Chambers, Tommy Rogers on men's side at Magazine.  State titles in football and track, state runnersup in track twice, semifinals and quarterfinals in football and baseball. Qualified for MoC, State All Stars in multiple sports, ALL STATE in 4 sports. Went on to play college football.   

Brittney Bryan on the women's side.  Led team to State title in track, point guard for state playoffs in basketball twice, Top 5 in cross country. ALL STATE multiple times. Ran in MoC. Ran DI in track and set school record in event while there.

BrianfromCarlisle

I went to Stuttgart, but I would have to say Craig Jackson from Carlisle. I believe he may still own the all time record for rushing touchdowns in a season.  And he went on to play basketball at La Tech I believe.  That dude was athletic as all get out !!

da greatest bigbaby

November 12, 2018, 06:32:31 pm #6 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:48:49 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Pick please jamarlin would have never came 2 Des arc for anything an surely not 2 transfer for sports lol pick Clarendon whip'd yaw that year in every sport soo why would he want 2 lol an beside's  they don't really like Des arc lol an brian from Carlisle that went 2 Stuttgart lol Craig couldn't carry Cedric Houston's jock as a matter of fact if he was @ Clarendon Craig would be bout 15th overall behind ced ,tank , jamarlin , ro , Leon bull Miller , Leon Cox , Terry Allen, Kerry Owens , Tracy scaife , Rodney scaife, Marcus Gilmore, artist Riley, Clint pooh Dawson just 2 name a few lol yaw guys have a long way 2 go brian an pick lol an I hope yaw make it 2 the regionals were gonna whip yaw both soo bad by 40 lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 12, 2018, 06:32:31 pm
Pick please jamarlin would have never came 2 Des arc for anything an surely not 2 transfer for sports lol pick Clarendon whip'd yaw that year in every sport soo why would he want 2 lol an beside's  they don't really like Des arc lol an brian from Carlisle that went 2 Stuttgart lol Craig couldn't carry Cedric Houston's jock as a matter of fact if he was @ Clarendon Craig would be bout 15th overall behind ced ,tank , jamarlin , ro , Leon bull Miller , Leon Cox , Terry Allen, Kerry Owens , Tracy scaife , Rodney scaife, Marcus Gilmore, artist Riley, Clint pooh Dawson just 2 name a few lol yaw guys have a long way 2 go brian an pick lol an I hope yaw make it 2 the regionals were gonna whip yaw both soo bad by 40 lol

You are wrong. I bet I know jamarlin better than you. He was coming to des Arc to play with my nephew (an actual D1 player, you know, something Clarendon hasn't had), whom he played aau ball. I can assure he was trying to come to des arc, was gonna live with my sister and brother in law. Had he came to des arc, he would have won something, probably football and basketball. Imagine j.j. passing the ball behind an actual line that would block, throwing to a 6'6" receiver with a 36" vert. But the powers that be in Clarendon would not release him. You really know nothing of what you are saying.

BrianfromCarlisle

What in the world does Craig Jackson have to do with Clarendon?   And you are obviously young.  Because Craig Jackson was a stud.  You should read the topic.   It doesn't say best at Clarendon. 

da greatest bigbaby

1st off brian from Carlisle I did read the topic  the question was who was the best athlete from your school if you played @ Stuttgart it's Cedric hill an if you played @ Carlisle it's Travis Washington Cory Walker or Reggie James you don't know your stuff lol Craig would be bout 4th @ Carlisle Soo where did you play @ Stuttgart or Carlisle

da greatest bigbaby

An Brian pick didn't read the topic jamarlin Jackson played @ Clarendon not Des arc lol now pick who is yaw all-time stud ?

The_Wesson_Blessin

Anthony Hammonds was the best multi-sport athlete I saw come through Bearden. Fact that he's now leading their basketball team explains their recent run of success.

old.dole

BrianfromCarlisle

Best Multi sport athlete.    Craig jackson Carlisle.   D1 in basketball.  Single season touchdown record for state of Arkansas.  Its my opinion.  At Stuttgart, I would go Hubert Loudermilk or Latwan Ross.
The fact that all 3 people I named were all state in multiple sports and went on to a D1 athletic career makes them all good picks.   I wouldn't disagree that everyone you named was good in their own right.  But you chose to be a clown About it. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Oh.  And I played baseball at Stuttgart.  Forgot you asked where I played. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 15, 2018, 02:00:31 am
An Brian pick didn't read the topic jamarlin Jackson played @ Clarendon not Des arc lol now pick who is yaw all-time stud ?

oh, maybe. cliff harris, ever heard of him?

kevin campbell, Arkansas razorbacks, Oakland A's

cody robinson was pretty good as well, ulm

trentt whiting uapb

im sure im missing a bunch, but that's the ones that stick out.

oh jerry saxton UofA

oh and Ronnie Elam, he had multiple state passing records for decades until the shiohs and p.a.'s came along. had EVERY major D1 program in the country coming to des arc, and he just didn't want to play any more.

has clarendon sent anyone d1 other than cedric?

BrianfromCarlisle

Ctucker

Pick Des Arc has had some studs over the years! Way more than Clarendon!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 15, 2018, 07:03:54 pm
Pick, Barrett Ward was a good one

Yes he was! So was one of the coach Dahls sons. I knew I missed some, and know there is several before my time, the 60's des arc was rocking. I've seen the team photos, 40+ players.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on November 15, 2018, 07:32:12 pm
Pick Des Arc has had some studs over the years! Way more than Clarendon!

We have some history to our programs. The Smith girl in track and cross country the last several years. One of those is running up north somewhere in college. Some boys basketball players from back in the day that would be serious recruits in todays market with summer ball and camps. But I dont of any other basketball player to go D1 other than my nephew.

FoxandHound34

Did one of Dahl's sons play for Batesville Southside a few years back pick?!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on November 15, 2018, 08:15:05 pm
Did one of Dahl's sons play for Batesville Southside a few years back pick?!

I'm not sure on that, they had at least 2 sons, maybe 3. I know one of them could direct the offense pretty well for d.a.

da greatest bigbaby

An Brian I know it's your opinion  I'm just helping you an pick out lol yaw seem 2 be having trouble the question is not who signed with the hogs or uapb their awful have been for awhile lol pick Prolly McDonald or Metcalf try their an Brian it looks like your just Thumb'n around in the 4a ricebird scrapbook lol loudermilk other than that 4.3 40 not much happening their lol Im just wondering why your hang'n around us 2a guys lol an pick we have several d-1 players Cedric teammate a o lineman signed with the hogs Scott Davenport  kerry Owen hogs Carl Lott Tcu hoops  now them 2 actually transfer'd up their sr year Robert Scott hoops Fresno st  Jason Washington ole miss  Tracy scaife Tcu hoops then delta st football  Chris pope uca  Clint pooh Dawson could have  played anywhere d-1 if it wasn't for the old prop 48 rule they finally changed it an jamarlin could have but he wanted 2 play both sports @ ouachita an tank they wanted 2 play rite away an it's another 1 of our  transfers Kendall mills 2 Jacksonville he played @ the  air force academy

BrianfromCarlisle

I just had a seizure reading that.   The multisport thing is just too much for you.  OBVIOUSLY. 

LC sports

Since I've covered Carlisle for 24 years, I'll give you 3. Craig Jackson, as Brian from Carlisle said. Brian Hollomon played JC football in Minnesota and was an incredible basketball player. He's one of the all time leaders in interceptions. Then Mitch Petrus in football and basketball. He's the only player that I know of from Lonoke County with a Super Bowl ring.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas