• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perryville?

Started by mrknowitall, June 12, 2018, 09:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrknowitall

Where did their HC go?

beach bum

About 20 or so miles west of Fayetteville....

fbhound

He has close family members in the Fayetteville area and has wanted to get to NWAR for a while.  Westville is so small a town and did not know they had a football program. He was 20-42 at Perryville but did win 7 last season and got into the playoffs. Good luck to him, a very nice person.

athletic supporter

This will be a tough job next season. They lost A LOT from last season. Then this offseason they lost their QB to an injury and he won't be back for his senior year. They have quite a bit of talent in the junior high and 7th grade ranks though.

beach bum

Coach Baker really is a class guy and hope he does well in his new tenure. I really enjoyed what I saw from Perryville the last couple years cause they lacked team speed but their kids played extremely hard and fundamentally sound and had solid years the last two season. And as athletic supporter said, it could be tough sledding the next year or two in Perryville with what they have on roster left.

gameoflife

Quote from: athletic supporter on June 13, 2018, 03:24:17 pm
This will be a tough job next season. They lost A LOT from last season. Then this offseason they lost their QB to an injury and he won't be back for his senior year. They have quite a bit of talent in the junior high and 7th grade ranks though.

Didn't they only win 1 game and not score many points but gave up a bunch?  How much can loosing  A LOT hurt.

beach bum

Quote from: gameoflife on June 13, 2018, 03:44:22 pm
Didn't they only win 1 game and not score many points but gave up a bunch?  How much can loosing  A LOT hurt.

They finished 7-3 and 3rd in the 4-3A only behind Charleston and Atkins.... I would say that is a pretty decent season for Perryville.

gameoflife

I was referring to where he is going, misread the post. 

beach bum

Quote from: gameoflife on June 13, 2018, 05:27:52 pm
I was referring to where he is going, misread the post.

Oh sorry about that... And yes Westville will be tough sledding for 2 years probably to say the least. And Westville is extreme low income as a community as a whole and it really impacts the morale of the town overall and sports programs too which makes it a tough place to win.

athletic supporter

Baker's system will give them a chance to win a few games

Eagle boss

Heard they are interviewing today & tomorrow. Anyone heard any names?

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: athletic supporter on June 13, 2018, 08:21:01 pm
Baker's system will give them a chance to win a few games

I agree.  What Ed did at Perryville was impressive, seemed to build it the right way.

Perryville is a good job, IMO.  Great opportunity for the right person, need to have an idea as to how to maximize what you have.  Kids there work and play hard.

athletic supporter

Any news on this job?

JohnBarleycorn

Rumor is Chris Norton (Rose Bud) will be new Perryville HC.

OneHitWonder

Great hire by Perryville. 

Arkansauce

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on June 26, 2018, 09:50:39 am
Rumor is Chris Norton (Rose Bud) will be new Perryville HC.
If that is true then Perryville just hit a Grand Slam with that hire!!!!

Coltfan2005

Wasn't even a single for Rose Bud.

MagicMike

What is rose bud going to do this late?

Coltfan2005

Kraig Crist

Quote from: MagicMike on June 30, 2018, 01:21:14 pm
What is rose bud going to do this late?

Wilt in the summer heat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas