• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It sure would be nice to see some activity in this thread this year!

Started by sevenof400, August 18, 2012, 06:17:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

In the rest of the 4A West action Booneville hosts Malvern and Mena is at Ashdown.

1-Adam-12

Booneville comes from two sets down to win a thrilling five-setter over Malvern (17-25 22-25 25-22 27-25 15-12).

Up next for the Lady Cats is a trip to Waldron next Tuesday.

DogsWin7

Waldron beat Ashdown in 3 straight .

Waldron beat Arkadelphia 3-0 in 3.

GO LADY BULLDOGS!!!

DogsWin7

Waldron beat Booneville!  3 straight. ;D   Go Lady Bulldogs!

1-Adam-12

Booneville recovers from the loss at Waldron by beating Arkadelphia in three straight.  Lady Cats now 8-5, 2-2.

DogsWin7

Waldron beat Paris to advance on to play Rogers with Rogers advancing on in Fort Smith Tournament.  Lakeside is leading Alma.*per text

TheHogHead

Lakeside beat Rogers to claim the win in their championship bracket with Little Rock Christian falling to FS Southside in that championship game.  Great tournament and great showing by several teams.

Just1Coach

Believe that FS Southside beat FS Northside in the Gold final and that Lakeside beat Rogers in the Silver final.  A great day of volleyball.

DogsWin7

1-Adam-12

Booneville beat Jessieville in straight games Monday and beat Ashdown in 4 Tuesday both on the road.  Hearing Mena and Waldron won their matches Tuesday in straight games.

Booneville plays at home against Mena tomorrow.

AT

Alma beat Vilonia tonight to go to 9-1 in the 5A West. I know their lone loss is to Morrilton, but I don't know if they are leading the conference or not. I know Morrilton had a conference loss too.

1-Adam-12

Mena over Booneville tonight in 4 sets at Booneville. Proud of the way Booneville played.

1-Adam-12

Paris tournament is this weekend.  Always a good late season tournament.

Don't have the times for these games except for the first two which start at 9 am.  These will be all winners bracket games.

Game 1:  Lavaca vs. Atkins
Game 2:  Booneville vs. Paris J.V.
Game 3:  Mena vs. Paris
Game 4:  Fountain Lake vs. Huntsville
Game 5:  Mansfield vs. Winner Game 1
Game 6:  Rogers Heritage vs. Winner Game 2
Game 7:  Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 5
Game 8:  Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 6
Game 9:  Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8

There is also a consolation bracket.  Not sure how that will work out at this time.  The team that ends up coming out of it will play winner of game 9 of winners bracket.

1-Adam-12

The 4A West will get decided in Waldron tomorrow night as the Lady Bulldogs await the visit of Mena.  Waldron, though, will have to really go some to get the #1 seed in the district tournament as Mena made short work of the Lady Bulldogs in the first half of the conference season.

3 through 6 are up for grabs, though Booneville controls their own destiny in that respect.  A win at Arkadelphia tomorrow night and another at home against Ashdown on Thursday will put the purple and gold Lady Cats into the 3 seed.  They handled both with relative ease in the first go-round.

The district tournament is Saturday at Mena, where two teams that went to state last season will find themselves in the off-season early this time.

AllStarSportsFan

1-Adam-12

Ashdown pulls an upset over Booneville tonight.  If anyone hears anything on the Waldron match, please post.

AT

Alma beat Morrilton tonight, but I have no clue what the conference standings are in the 5A West. I know Alma has clinched a playoff spot.

AllStarSportsFan

1-Adam-12

4A West District Tournament:  Waldron beat Mena in the finals.  Congratulations to the Lady Bulldogs.  Malvern and Booneville also qualify for state.

In Jr. High Mena beat Booneville in the finals.  Congrats Mena, but proud of Booneville's girls!

Trojan#3

How did all the 4A conf, end up? I know the 4A-Central was
Marianna, CAC,Southside and Lonoke in that order. and I see the 4A-west but who ended up 3rd and 4th wasmit Malvern then Booneville? and I have heard nothing of the other 2 conferences.

1-Adam-12

Yes, Malvern 3rd and Booneville 4th.  I also have heard nothing from the Northeast or Northwest. Though one would assume VV and JB Westside are 1-2 in the NE.

1-Adam-12

In the NW:

1) Prairie Grove, 2) Pea Ridge, 3) Gravette, 4) Farmington.

In the NE:

1) Valley View, 2) Jonesboro Westside, 3) Brookland, 4) Newport.

DogsWin7

Greenwood will have homecourt advantage this next Tuesday at noon against Texarkana!

GO GREENWOOD!!         GOOD LUCK!!!!

DogsWin7

Waldron clinched the 4-4A DISTRICT CHAMPS TITLE!!!!!    Way to go Waldron!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

1-Adam-12

Looking at 4A we all probably know that VV and Westside are probably odds on to hook it up in the finals.  What I'm curious about is which two teams you think could join them in the semis.  Looking at the brackets closely might give you some perspective.

Your opinions please.

ahsalum

Didn't even know a volleyball forum existed til now.

Headed down to the 5A tournament in a few minutes.

Uncle Ivan

trojanstick

Quote from: Steve Perry on October 30, 2012, 11:29:37 am

Would you please report scores. Thanks

ahsalum

Quote from: trojanstick on October 30, 2012, 01:17:52 pm

I'm back.

Alma beat N. Pulaski and Nettleton beat Hot Springs...both in staight sets.

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 30, 2012, 01:16:40 pm

This will not end well.

What.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Steve Perry on October 30, 2012, 01:39:37 pm
Quote from: trojanstick on October 30, 2012, 01:17:52 pm

I'm back.

Alma beat N. Pulaski and Nettleton beat Hot Springs...both in staight sets.

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 30, 2012, 01:16:40 pm

This will not end well.

What.

You heard me.

DogsWin7

Westside Consolidated beat Gravette.

Will play Waldron tomorrow.

Maroonski

Siloam just put the smack down on a little rock team....  way to go coach cheek

1-Adam-12

In the noon matches in the 4a Marianna over Booneville and Brookland over Pea Ridge, both in 5.

Proud of the Booneville Lady Cats this season! All but one player returns for next season and we have a good freshman group ready to take the next step. Have a good feeling we'll be around for many state tournaments to come! 

1-Adam-12

AT

Seems like this will be the quarterfinals for 5A hosted at Alma

Nettleton
Alma

Batesville
Morrilton

Little Rock Christian
Paragould

Shiloh Christian
Greene County Tech

The East and West flexed their muscles.

TheHogHead

East and West flexed their muscles, but it will be the team from the Central bringing home the hardware.

AT

Quote from: TheHogHead on October 30, 2012, 09:43:00 pm
East and West flexed their muscles, but it will be the team from the Central bringing home the hardware.

I don't know much about any of these teams, but I've heard LRC is good and the favorites.

DogsWin7

6A-Greenwood faces Jonesboro today at 4pm.   Good Luck Girls!!!!!!   

4A-Waldron faces Westside Consolidated today at 4pm.

ricepig

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 31, 2012, 10:51:42 am
6A-Greenwood faces Jonesboro today at 4pm.   Good Luck Girls!!!!!!   

4A-Waldron faces Westside Consolidated today at 4pm.

That's Jonesboro Westside, they and VV have been battling it out for state championships, but I think they our down in talent these last few years.

1-Adam-12

Looking at what happened in the 4A yesterday, the NE and the West looked good. 

The West won three of their four matches vs. the Central and Marianna just squeaked by Booneville in the other match. VV and Westside were as expected though WS had a bit of trouble with Gravette in the first game.

Marianna-Brookland and Prairie Grove-Malvern should be good.  Waldron-Westside...maybe.  VV should get by Mena.

TTofGreenwood

Greenwood sweeps Jonesboro!  NEXT! 

Tomorrow @ 4!   Keep on truckin' Lady Bulldogs!

AT

georgef22

AT

Quote from: georgef22 on October 31, 2012, 05:40:47 pm
Any word on the Waldron game yet?

According to the AAA twitter:

"4A VB State - Westside defeated Waldron 25-21, 25-8, 21-25, 25-21"

AT

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas