• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SPECIAL REPORT........Earle is forfeiting all varsity football games

Started by Lanny, November 30, 2017, 03:45:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporty

the coaches and administrators knowingly  played with an ineligible player, they thought they wouldn't get caught because they have always gotten by with cheating. When the state took over the Earle school district 4 weeks ago the new superintendent starting looking into a player that was playing but not listed on ANY AAA forms or rosters. Kudos to him for doing the right thing. It is very sad for GBohannon and the other kids but hopefully a lesson will be learned that cheating doesn't pay off in the end.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: underdog678 on November 30, 2017, 05:38:49 pm
I have heard Salem gets to play Foreman instead of Mineral Springs because Mineral Springs lost to Earle by 20, while Salem lost to Earle by 19. Therefor Salem gets to advance.

If that's the case which I don't think it is.  I'm glad Salem got one heck of kicker.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: C.C.TbirdFan on November 30, 2017, 05:41:15 pm
Earle vs Foreman was going to be a really good game. I was looking forward to it.

I was to.  I was actually gonna make the long trip so I could see it

bdubyab60

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 30, 2017, 05:45:14 pm
If that's the case which I don't think it is.  I'm glad Salem got one heck of kicker.
I think it's mainly for the timing of it.

beach bum

Earle vs Foreman was going to be a really good game. I was looking forward to it.

Just think of all the offense the fans were going to see.... Foreman's RB was going to have a field day getting lots of possessions off of Earle's quick strike offense.... 45 to 50 points probably would have been needed to win that game for either team.

nightowl

Marion  School  district  will pay for this one . We  will never play in there tournaments again there money maker game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nightowl on November 30, 2017, 05:56:25 pm
Marion  School  district  will pay for this one . We  will never play in there tournaments again there money maker game

??

Head Lion

Quote from: nightowl on November 30, 2017, 05:56:25 pm
Why is it Marion's fault? It is really simple, play by the rules that all members schools in the Arkansas Activities Association agreed to.

nightowl

Beaver Fever

How is it their fault Earle cheated?

It boggles my mind the way people think nowadays.  You get caught cheating/breaking the law and it's someone else's fault. Step up and be a man when you screw up don't blame others for your wrong doings.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sporty on November 30, 2017, 05:41:23 pm
the coaches and administrators knowingly  played with an ineligible player, they thought they wouldn't get caught because they have always gotten by with cheating. When the state took over the Earle school district 4 weeks ago the new superintendent starting looking into a player that was playing but not listed on ANY AAA forms or rosters. Kudos to him for doing the right thing. It is very sad for GBohannon and the other kids but hopefully a lesson will be learned that cheating doesn't pay off in the end.

This is interesting

beach bum

Quote from: Beaver Fever on November 30, 2017, 06:01:28 pm
How is it their fault Earle cheated?

It boggles my mind the way people think nowadays.  You get caught cheating/breaking the law and it's someone else's fault. Step up and be a man when you screw up don't blame others for your wrong doings.

I couldn't agree more.... It's amazing my perception of people that will admit their screw ups and the ones that won't. I think most people are like me in the sense that if someone owns up apologizes and you can tell its sincere will move on in our perception of someone.... Those people that lie and run until the bitter end or BLAME OTHERS just boggle my mind and makes me legitimately lose respect forever. A lot of respect can be gained back by sucking it up and having a little bit of humility when we mess up.

gold45

Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2017, 06:04:42 pm
I couldn't agree more.... It's amazing my perception of people that will admit their screw ups and the ones that won't. I think most people are like me in the sense that if someone owns up apologizes and you can tell its sincere will move on in our perception of someone.... Those people that lie and run until the bitter end just boggle my mind and makes me legitimately lose respect forever. A lot of respect can be gained back by sucking it up and having a little bit of humility when we mess up.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  Great post!

Hate this for all the Earle players who legitimately worked so hard and are innocent in all this.  It never pays to break the rules..the truth almost always reveals itself.  Shame on anyone who knowingly let this happen and condolences for all of those who did not know but are impacted by this nonetheless.

beach bum

Quote from: gold45 on November 30, 2017, 06:13:04 pm
You took the words right out of my mouth.  Great post!

Hate this for all the Earle players who legitimately worked so hard and are innocent in all this.  It never pays to break the rules..the truth almost always reveals itself.  Shame on anyone who knowingly let this happen and condolences for all of those who did not know but are impacted by this nonetheless.

Couldn't agree more.... Those kids are just living out their dream season right now and it got snatched up just like that by an adult's or adults' mistakes.

big E

My question is when the state took over you should have had since enough to quit why didn't you? Well congrats to Marked Tree 2017 conference champs.

big E

keohog

Quote from: Sporty on November 30, 2017, 05:41:23 pm
No doubt about it, if the state hadn't of taken over nothing would of been said.

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: underdog678 on November 30, 2017, 05:38:49 pm
I have heard Salem gets to play Foreman instead of Mineral Springs because Mineral Springs lost to Earle by 20, while Salem lost to Earle by 19. Therefor Salem gets to advance.
It is Salem because they can not go back to the beginning of the bracket. If they went back to the second round then they'd need to go back to the first...not going to happen

Outloud

My opinion is that the AAA should let mineral springs and Salem play. If Earle has to forfeit all games, that means Salem gets a win. Ok, so doesn't that give Mineral Springs a win too?  And if this is the 2nd time in 5 years that Earle has done, what will AAA do to them? Nothing!!! It would cost them some gate money!!!

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on November 30, 2017, 06:23:10 pm
It is Salem because they can not go back to the beginning of the bracket. If they went back to the second round then they'd need to go back to the first...not going to happen
Apologize just remembered Earle had a bye...so I agree should be Mineral vs Salem

Outloud

Earle had a bye the first round. So just 2 teams are affected,with mineral springs getting the shaft!!!

bdubyab60

Yeah I'm thinking the only reason this got "SELF REPORTED" is because the star had taken over.

Again shame on the admin there for doing this and letting this go on

zebradynasty

AAA has painted themselves into a corner. Didn't a few years ago the AAA let a girl from Conway play in the championship game when she had used up her eligibility?

bdubyab60

Quote from: Outloud on November 30, 2017, 06:29:10 pm
Earle had a bye the first round. So just 2 teams are affected,with mineral springs getting the shaft!!!
Remeber Earle had this player all year. Affected the entire seeding of the playoffs.

bigworm

If they went back to the first theyd have to go back to 1st game of conference season. Haha. 0-7 dont even make the playoffs.

AAA is a joke. There was a team in the 2A finals last year just as guilty as earle. Do what ever ya want football coaches. 99 of 100 times you wont get caught.

Outloud

And the AAA put them dang cheaters in our conference for next year!!!

HG Hornet

Quote from: bigworm on November 30, 2017, 06:34:17 pm
If they went back to the first theyd have to go back to 1st game of conference season. Haha. 0-7 dont even make the playoffs.

AAA is a joke. There was a team in the 2A finals last year just as guilty as earle.
I agree.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 30, 2017, 06:32:10 pm
AAA has painted themselves into a corner. Didn't a few years ago the AAA let a girl from Conway play in the championship game when she had used up her eligibility?

No....she sat that game...

Quote from: bigworm on November 30, 2017, 06:34:17 pm

AAA is a joke. There was a team in the 2A finals last year just as guilty as earle. Do what ever ya want football coaches. 99 of 100 times you wont get caught.

School choice and legitimate moves are different than not listing a kid on a roster cause you know he's not eligible(that's been the only reason I've seen given for them having to forfeit games)....

bdubyab60

Quote from: Outloud on November 30, 2017, 06:34:46 pm
Gonna be interesting to see what the Nazis, sorry, I meant the AAA will do to Earle if this is the 2 nd time it's happened.
Nothing probably to tell the truth. Looks like the state is though

couch-coach06

If I was an Earle fan I would have a moving van at that coaches front door before daylight .. I feel sorry for the kids and community

zebradynasty

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 30, 2017, 06:38:24 pm
No....she sat that game...

Then was it they let Conway play in the Championship game even though they had used an in-eligible player all year?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 30, 2017, 06:45:42 pm
Then was it they let Conway play in the Championship game even though they had used an in-eligible player all year?

I actually looked this thread up a couple months ago...I'll see if I can find it again Z....cause I thought they ruled that Conway could play but she had to sit

AR Ball Junkie

MT would have won the conference and got a 1st round bye.  Then, MT would have hosted Mineral in the 2nd round at home, instead of going on the road to MI.  Seems MT has a legit case as does Mineral.

Big Boy

My opinion-Foreman should get bye into finals. If you have a look back, you should have MS play Salem (especially since MS was only other playoff team impacted). Don't seem supported to me to go back 1 week? Again, I wouldn't have a look back but don't agree with how this was handled.

wiseguy

IMO they should just advance Foreman, otherwise you'd need to go back to Mineral at MT :-\

underdog678

I think we can all agree this is a bad situation that pretty much affects everyone and makes Earle and AAA look bad. Bad for Earle considering they would probably still be undefeated even without the ineligible kid. Not totally sure how they came to the decision to advance Salem, but I know they sure are grateful for a second chance.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 30, 2017, 06:45:42 pm

Went and dug up the thread....In that case player in question had used up her elgibilility because the 8 semester clock had run out(she played varsity basketball in Alaska in the 8th grade) and appeal was filed after the semifinals game (which she dropped 40 on #1 team in state), and AAA ruled that Conway could play on finals, but the player was now inelgible and had to sit.

Same year, Guy-Perkins girls got pulled out of either district or region tournament for same thing, having to forfeit the year.

Believe the Lamar case people have referenced on this thread...Kids we're ruled elgible, then AAA backtracked and ruled them inelgible, which caused Lamar to get the court system involved...

Always interesting to see the AAA history of flipping flopping how they handle stuff...

Old Scrapper

Where are the Earle defense lawyers that usually post on here?

duecek

[/quote]

Wrong. Pays very well for the politicians. And the truth almost never reveals itself.

HorseFeathers

jsky14

Going by the Conway precedent, Earle should play Friday, just without the ineligible player

hornetfan8

Quote from: underdog678 on November 30, 2017, 07:00:04 pm
I think we can all agree this is a bad situation that pretty much affects everyone and makes Earle and AAA look bad. Bad for Earle considering they would probably still be undefeated even without the ineligible kid. Not totally sure how they came to the decision to advance Salem, but I know they sure are grateful for a second chance.
The only thing I can figure about why Salem is how easy it is. If you back track any further than that you would have to basically play all the playoffs again. So Salem was the easiest

couch-coach06

Quote from: jsky14 on November 30, 2017, 07:14:37 pm
Going by the Conway precedent, Earle should play Friday, just without the ineligible player

I mean she played in alaska as an 8th grader .. I could see how a coach wouldn't know that .. kinda don't even know how you could even find this out too get them in trouble .. apples too oranges really

mr.gametime

I was driving almost 3 hours tomorrow to watch that game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 30, 2017, 07:19:55 pm
I mean she played in alaska as an 8th grader .. I could see how a coach wouldn't know that .. kinda don't even know how you could even find this out too get them in trouble .. apples too oranges really

Everyone knew, wasnt a problem until they upset the #1 team in semi finals

couch-coach06

HorseFeathers

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 30, 2017, 07:28:48 pm
Gotcha hs

I don't agree with the Salem going to foreman next week....but I'm not sure I'd agree with foreman getting a pass to state finals either....kinda lose lose for the AAA here.

M.I. D

AAA won't cancel a game or give a bye to the finals. That would cost them $$

HG Hornet

Not sure what the best fair way to fix this is.  I wouldn't agree with just giving Foreman a free pass, but I think Mineral Springs is getting hosed too.  I think I would have seen how soon Mineral Springs and Salem could be ready to play each other, then let the winner go to Foreman.  I also see where Marked Tree got hosed out of a home playoff game instead of having to go to #1 Mt. Ida. 

The solution may be that there's not a good solution.  Earle's errors have affected so many people.  Not a good situation.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 30, 2017, 07:38:07 pm
Not sure what the best fair way to fix this is.  I wouldn't agree with just giving Foreman a free pass, but I think Mineral Springs is getting hosed too.  I think I would have seen how soon Mineral Springs and Salem could be ready to play each other, then let the winner go to Foreman.  I also see where Marked Tree got hosed out of a home playoff game instead of having to go to #1 Mt. Ida. 

The solution may be that there's not a good solution.  Earle's errors have affected so many people.  Not a good situation.

Only way to really fix this error is to start involving legitimate fines to the schools....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas