• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs. Clarendon Round 3

Started by FoxandHound34, March 03, 2019, 12:32:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxandHound34

Let's get it started who ya got?? For all the marbles this time

RiverRat82

The way Clarendon is playing defense right now my money is with the Mighty RED LIONS!! 

Clarendon lost to England twice during the season at England.  57-50 early season  and 58-55 last regular season game. 

The basketball God is with Clarendon.  Go Red Lions!!!

bigworm

Well, im sure this will be a game for the ages. There are only a couple  things certain. One is that the Lions will take the title. Second is that bigbaby is gonna tell us how bad the red lions are gonna whoop the purple lions. Haha. Im as excited to see his posts as i am about the game. It's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year but its about to happen in a few short days. But we will let bigbaby come take a pic with the big trophy any time he wants.

keohog

birddawg1986

Didn't get the chance to see England play but man it sure is tuff to beat someone 3 times in one season.

Ctucker

If any of y'all like Sea Food. Cajun Boilers is good eating! And I know that has absolutely nothing to do with game! But it's on Albert Pike!

MomaLion

We're ready for the challenge. These kids want it and if they continue to play like they have since regionals,  they'll win it.

RedWolf275

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on March 03, 2019, 02:56:51 pm
We're ready for the challenge. These kids want it and if they continue to play like they have since regionals,  they'll win it.

Yea yea yea. The problem for your red lions is that they havent had to play the purple lions lately.

RiverRat82

Quote from: bigworm on March 03, 2019, 03:02:54 pm
Yea yea yea. The problem for your red lions is that they havent had to play the purple lions lately.

Last regular season game  England won AT ENGLAND by 3  58-55.  So I think the red Lions will be pumped and ready to take on the Purple cubs.   Earle beat Clarendon twice this year before we beat them in the championship game of the regional tournament.  I assure you Clarendon will be ready and willing to line it on the line for Maalik and themselves.  Do NOT sell Clarendon short.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on March 03, 2019, 03:02:54 pm
The same can be said of y'all. We're not the same team as I'm sure y'all aren't.

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on March 03, 2019, 03:25:04 pm
The same can be said of y'all. We're not the same team as I'm sure y'all aren't.

Oh, we are the same team. Im just pickin tho mama. Trying to get bigbaby stirred up. Im sure its gonna be a barn burner.

bigworm

My son just told me Maalik hurt himself saturday. He ok?

KINGC

Quote from: bigworm on March 04, 2019, 12:02:25 am
We won't know till Monday thanks for your concern Bigworm pray for us that he gets to suit up one last time lord knows he deserves it on his last year.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on March 03, 2019, 04:59:54 pm
Oh, we are the same team. Im just pickin tho mama. Trying to get bigbaby stirred up. Im sure its gonna be a barn burner.
It always is  :)

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on March 04, 2019, 12:02:25 am
Not sure yet...it's the same knee...they were saying at the game that it's just bruised but we'll see.  He had it checked out after the first injury and was given the ok to play.

bigworm

Quote from: KINGC on March 04, 2019, 12:44:17 am
We won't know till Monday thanks for your concern Bigworm pray for us that he gets to suit up one last time lord knows he deserves it on his last year.

No doubt about it. Hope he gets healed up. Win or lose i never like to see kids get hurt.

birddawg1986

I dont think Clarendon makes it this far if MC doesn't miss any games. I think many times the other 4 stood and watched him. Clarendon was one point away in the district first round for there season to be over. Clarendon had kids step up and take control with MC and did really good in district after that. There confidence and momentum carried over to regionals a d state with MC back in the lineup. I'll take the Red Lions

Jesus Saves

Any word on Cartwright?  Was he cleared to play?

MomaLion

We're preparing for him not to play but there's no official word yet.  I have no doubt that we'll be ready for battle.

AR Ball Junkie

DG is reporting that Malik is out......torn ACL. From coach Hudson.

Lions84

I believe Clarendon gets it done! Historical it very hard to beat anybody 3 times in a single season!
Go Big Red!

MomaLion

He may not be able to play, but he will be there peer coaching.

Partsman

Quote from: AR Ball Junkie on March 06, 2019, 07:41:06 am
DG is reporting that Malik is out......torn ACL. From coach Hudson.
I hate to see a kid get hurt anytime. I really hate to see one out for a game like this.

AR Ball Junkie

Clarendon has been playing great defense through the regionals and state.  England has been equally as good on the defensive end.  Clarendon may have a little more talent on the offensive end.  England may be a little more physical than Clarendon.  England has a guy, Dodson, avg. more than 10+ boards a game.....can Clarendon/Williams keep him off the offensive boards.  The best matchup may be with the guards....Bonner and Davis.  Both players are showing their best at the right time.  Bonner scored 21 against LC and outplayed Dedner on both ends of the floor.  Davis put up 34 against a good Earle team.   

Last time these teams played, Cartwright only played the 1st quarter if my memory serves me correctly.  England was able to overcome a halftime deficit and defeat Clarendon by a score of 58-55. 

I'm expecting a tight game throughout....making free throws down the stretch may be the difference.  First team to 50 may win this game. 

My prediction:  I'll take the Lions by 1.  Lol. 

MomaLion

Yes Malik was out during the 1st on the last meeting.

Bigditchlion

Go purple lions!!! Congratulations to both teams making it to the championship!

Cheek1

Momma lion will be making excuses around 3pm tomorrow  :)

bigworm

Refs calling this game like its 3rd grade girls playin. Advantage clarendon.

ISU7

biglion1985

bigworm

ISU7

Quote from: bigworm on March 09, 2019, 02:16:00 pm
27 25 England. Half
Wow Purple Lions going for the sweep. Is Cartwright playing?

KINGC

Quote from: ISU7 on March 09, 2019, 02:20:38 pm
Wow Purple Lions going for the sweep. Is Cartwright playing?
No he tore his ACL

bdubyab60

Close as all title games should be

NEark tigers

Do it for the NORTH...Go Clarendon

bigworm

I dont see any way we can win. I havent seen selfishness in the games ive seen us play. But im seeing it today and it will cost us. Selfish teams dont win titles. Just callin it like i see it 

ISU7

Sonofasonofasailor

Lumberjackfan1978

riccoar

58 all. 8.8 seconds England ball

riccoar

KINGC

Lumberjackfan1978

bdubyab60

riccoar

They need to review #15 for England shot in regulation at the 1:21 mark. I've rewound and slow motioned it. I believe he actually made the shot.

riccoar

riccoar

riccoar

riccoar

England  65
Clarendon 65

Double OT

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas