• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A South Regional @ Junction City

Started by bleudog, February 20, 2019, 11:29:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

The Dragon Sports Network will be streaming every regional game LIVE and FREE on the DSN YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yrP9lsdUN5u5dY3EBIZGw

Partsman

Who ya think will be playing Saturday?

eldofan

LC on the one side . No clear favorite for other side but I think gurdon , Pc and Foreman all have a chance to play sat nite

bleudog

bleudog

Parkers Chapel girls down 39-25 to Cossatot River after three.

bleudog

Cossatot River girls advance with a 55-33 win over Parkers Chapel.

eldofan

Quote from: eldofan on February 20, 2019, 12:56:34 pm
LC on the one side . No clear favorite for other side but I think gurdon , Pc and Foreman all have a chance to play sat nite
Wow was I wrong . Hampton took it to Foreman. Congrats to the Bulldogs

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

February 21, 2019, 07:31:34 am #9 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:03:17 am by bleudog
Wednesday results:

Lafayette County (boys) 73
Cossatot River 43

Hampton (boys) 77
Foreman 56

Cossatot River (girls) 55
Parkers Chapel 33

Spring Hill  (girls) 62
Acorn 54

CoachWhoever

Come on Eldofan. Nobody out of the 7 on the boy's side will advance. The 8 is loaded.

Bosshog34

Coachwhoever might be right that no one from the 7 will advance but no one from the South region has a chance at winning state.  This is the weakest the South region has been in years.  I look for only one team from this region to even win a game at state and even that might not happen.  The 8 is definitely better than the 7 but to say they are loaded just shows that he doesnt see how good some of the northern teams are compared to the south.  I think Gurdon and Dierks can be competitive with Junction and Parkers today but not sure either has the horses to hold up for 4 quarters against them. 

i40traveler

Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 21, 2019, 09:16:00 am
Coachwhoever might be right that no one from the 7 will advance but no one from the South region has a chance at winning state.  This is the weakest the South region has been in years.  I look for only one team from this region to even win a game at state and even that might not happen.  The 8 is definitely better than the 7 but to say they are loaded just shows that he doesnt see how good some of the northern teams are compared to the south.  I think Gurdon and Dierks can be competitive with Junction and Parkers today but not sure either has the horses to hold up for 4 quarters against them.

You're right.  LC is the best team and they probably wouldn't make the state tournament if they were in that NE region

Bigpoppie

what makes you so sure of those comments?

bleudog

February 21, 2019, 11:03:24 am #14 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:41:58 pm by bleudog
Thursday games

•Murfreesboro girls vs. Woodlawn, beginning at 4:00 p.m.

•Junction City boys vs. Dierks, beginning at 5:30 p.m.

•Junction City girls vs. Mount Ida, beginning at 7:00 p.m.

•Parkers Chapel boys vs. Gurdon, beginning at 8:30 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yrP9lsdUN5u5dY3EBIZGw

eldofan

I've seen LC 3 x counting last night and I think they can make some noise in the state tournament . When u have a player averaging over 30 points a game anything is possible

eldofan

Quote from: CoachWhoever on February 21, 2019, 08:05:58 am
Come on Eldofan. Nobody out of the 7 on the boy's side will advance. The 8 is loaded.
The eight isn't loaded . It's LC then a drop in talent with Pc Jc and Hampton all having quality ball clubs but not enough to make a splash in the state tornament. Watch out for LC at state . They are solid!

Bigpoppie

I was reguarding the comments made about the north being so dominate and LC not even making it our of the Northeast Region. Just wondering why they thought so highly of that.  LC is very solid.  They get after you on defense and compliment each other very well.  Dedner had 20 in first game of regional which is an off night for him, but they still managed to put up 75.  I agree with you ELdo fan

i40traveler

Who out of Marked Tree, Earle, Clarendon, or EPC do you think LC can beat?

old.dole

notcoachBrown

Quote from: i40traveler on February 21, 2019, 01:14:07 pm
none of them

CoachWhoever

BossHog, have you seen the 2A west region? Weaker than the 8 conference. Now when you say North region, you're only referring to NEA, in which nobody is arguing that Northeast Arkansas dominates in basketball.

bleudog

February 21, 2019, 07:39:21 pm #22 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:25:37 pm by bleudog
JC boys win their opening game in Regionals 59-57 and will advance to the State Tournament for the 10th consecutive year.

bleudog

Junction City Lady Dragons win their first round Regional game 55-52 and qualify for the State Tournament.

MT Legend

Quote from: i40traveler on February 21, 2019, 01:14:07 pm

What makes these teams untouchable?... LC can run with the North!...you will see!...you need the south to have a good showing at state to even the field!...I don't believe there is any one team that jumps off the page at you this season!...including MT anyone can be beat at anytime!...🤷🏽‍♂️

notcoachBrown

THA TRUTH

Quote from: eldofan on February 21, 2019, 11:15:13 am
The eight isn't loaded . It's LC then a drop in talent with Pc Jc and Hampton all having quality ball clubs but not enough to make a splash in the state tornament. Watch out for LC at state . They are solid!

But yet JC beat LC.....

eldofan

Yeah but LC is playing at another level now . Should be a good game between them and jc tomorrow

Bosshog34

February 21, 2019, 11:25:33 pm #28 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:35:34 pm by Bosshog34
Honestly was shocked to see that Dierks boys gave Junction City boys a game like they ddI. Did Junction just have an off game or was Dierks a little better than expected? I have tried to go back and watch the replay from the link above and it won't show me the game. Can someone who watched it give me a break down of how the game went? Only updates I got was JC up big at half and then next one said JC by 2

THA TRUTH

JC played to the level of competition

bleudog

bleudog

2A SOUTH Junction City Thursday's results (Boys)

Junction City 59, Dierks 57

Parkers Chapel 61, Gurdon 39

Friday's games

Game 5 Lafayette Co. vs. Junction City, 5:30 p.m.
Game 6 Hampton vs. Parkers Chapel, 8:30 p.

bleudog

2A SOUTH Junction City Thursday's results (Girls)

Murfreesboro 50, Woodlawn 42

Junction City 55, Mount Ida 52

Friday's games

Game 5 Spring Hill vs. Murfreesboro, 4 p.m.
Game 6 Cossatot River vs. Junction City, 7 p.m.

i40traveler

"During this break take a breather, and tell granny to go put in a fresh dip in because this one is a good one"

I love the Junction City commentators

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 21, 2019, 11:25:33 pm
Honestly was shocked to see that Dierks boys gave Junction City boys a game like they ddI. Did Junction just have an off game or was Dierks a little better than expected? I have tried to go back and watch the replay from the link above and it won't show me the game. Can someone who watched it give me a break down of how the game went? Only updates I got was JC up big at half and then next one said JC by 2

Dierks had a bad first half.  JC came out hitting their shots.  It was a good game.  If they play 10 times, it would be 5-5 IMO

CoachWhoever

"This one is gonna be a dandy!" -JC commentators

bleudog

February 22, 2019, 11:12:48 am #36 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:53:00 pm by bleudog
Quote from: i40traveler on February 22, 2019, 09:07:38 am
"During this break take a breather, and tell granny to go put in a fresh dip in because this one is a good one"

I love the Junction City commentators

Quote from: CoachWhoever on February 22, 2019, 10:14:58 am
"This one is gonna be a dandy!" -JC commentators

and Big Poppa Pump wasn't on duty when the picture was taken.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 22, 2019, 09:48:29 am
Dierks had a bad first half.  JC came out hitting their shots.  It was a good game.  If they play 10 times, it would be 5-5 IMO

Jc coach played two groups instead of putting his best players together just so they would be fresh against LC...... he knew he had some wiggle room to mess around some and that's the only reason the game was close

i40traveler

JC would beat Dierks 10 out of 10 times. 

Bosshog34

Anyone that believes a coach is trying to save legs in a regional tournament game is not smart. I'm watching the live stream from tonight's game against Lafayette and junction has already played the same amount of players that they did against dierks. So I guess the coach is saving their legs for the finals

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

eldofan

Congrats Jc . U guys beat a good LC squad .

bleudog

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 22, 2019, 06:07:01 pm
Anyone that believes a coach is trying to save legs in a regional tournament game is not smart. I'm watching the live stream from tonight's game against Lafayette and junction has already played the same amount of players that they did against dierks. So I guess the coach is saving their legs for the finals

Well I mean when u know u are far more superior u can do those things.....

thabeast428

We beat a good LC team twice this year and they beat us twice. Just saying

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas