• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A West Regional at Danville

Started by dc3, February 18, 2019, 12:12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dc3

Wednesday
4 PM Girls #1 Lavaca vs #4 Decatur
5:30 PM Boys #1 Mountainburg vs #4 Cotter
7 PM Girls #1 Cotter vs #4 Mountainburg
8:30 PM Boys #1 Eureka Springs vs #4 Danville

Thursday
4 PM Girls #2 Flippin vs #3 Hector
5:30 PM Boys #2 Yelleville Summit vs #3 Lavaca
7 PM Girls #2 Danville vs #3 Eureka Springs
8:30 Boys #2 Hackett vs #3 Flippin

ozarkmtnsman

February 18, 2019, 05:44:09 pm #1 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 05:51:21 pm by ozarkmtnsman
Just not seeing any huge favorites on the boy's side. I would say Eureka should be able to handle Danville, but Danville will be playing on their home court.
I would give the edge to Mountainburg, they did the job at district, though the cotter bunch can play hard and do not tend to give up.

A toss-up with Flippin and Hackett.

Yellville and Lavaca have not played a very tough schedule the last half of season. Lavaca has fallen out of most top 5 polls since their beatdown from Hackett, not sure if they were ever a top 5 team, to begin with. Yellville has won 16-17 games but not many of those were against quality teams.

3 Dollar

Predictions:

Girls:
1.  Cotter
2.  Flippin
3.  Eureka Springs
4.  Lavaca

Boys:
1.  Lavaca
2.  Eureka Springs
3.  Flippin
4.  Mountainburg

YSpanther

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 19, 2019, 08:55:45 am
Predictions:

Girls:
1.  Cotter
2.  Flippin
3.  Eureka Springs
4.  Lavaca

Boys:
1.  Lavaca
2.  Eureka Springs
3.  Flippin
4.  Mountainburg
It took everything Flippin girls had to pull out a one point victory against Eureka. Eureka finished above Cotter and Flippin in the regular season.  If the 1 puts 3 girls teams to state, I fully think it will be Eureka, Cotter and then Flippin.

On the boys side, Flippin and Hackett have met once this year in a tournament, with Flippin winning by 10. Obviously Hackett has been playing better basketball lately, with Flippin losing one of their starters over the last few weeks to a "difference of opinions" with the coach.  I think not having his ball handling and outside shooting has hurt Flippin some since then.  I see Eureka probably taking down Danville, and I truly view the Lavaca vs. Yellville-Summit game a tossup.  It is truly unfortunate that the best 4 teams talent and record wise are playing each other in the first round of regionals because of the upsets in the 4.  Whatever happens, we will be sending a couple of boys teams to state that are less than the best.  But this is the time of year that getting hot can equalize a lot of things.

On the girls side, Eureka getting knocked off by 1 point puts them at the 3, very much like Lavaca on the boys side.  That is unfortunate for them and Danville.

On the girls,

Lavaca
Cotter
Danville
Flippin

On the guys

Eureka Springs
Yellville-Summit
Mountainburg
Flippin

purely from first round matchups.  If Lavaca survives Yellville, then put them at the top and Eureka second. If Hackett had hung with Mountainburg after that performance vs. Lavaca, I would've gone with them over Flippin.

3 Dollar

YSpanther

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 19, 2019, 01:51:45 pm
Lavaca should oust Y-S by 15.
Lavaca also SHOULD have not lost to Hackett by 21 points either. We shall see, we shall see. Lack of familiarity with each other will make it interesting. If they do get by Yellville, then they should be either the one or two seed out of the region.  Your toughest games will be the first one and then if you play Eureka for the regional championship.

LJ1985

I'll throw in my two cents on the 4-2A.

On the boys side, Lavaca rolled thru the conference at 12-0 before laying the egg against Hackett in a 21 point loss in district semis.   Hackett then gets beat by 18 by the Burg in the finals.  I think the Burg is playing the best ball right now.  Very balanced.  Lavaca will be a tough out though.  They have tradition.  I think Eureka should handle Danville but I think the 4-2a wins the other three first round games.

The girls side is hard to call.  All four 4-2a teams are pretty evenly matched now that Danville has lost Maddie Stanley to ACL surgery.   Before she went out they were 15 points better than anyone in coference.  But still they are 26-3 with losses on to Bigelow, Cossatot River and Lavaca last Friday night. I think they will take care of Eureka and the 2-4a could possibly win all four games in opening round.

But as YSPanther said above it is hard to compare as the two conference haven't matched up much this year.

It will all be played out on the court starting at 4:00 Wednesday.  Stay tuned

LJ1985

Lavaca 18 Decatur 11 girls after one qtr

hogtastics

Are these games being streamed online?

LJ1985

LJ1985

Lavaca 29 Decatur 14 girls at Half

YSpanther

LJ1985

LJ1985

LJ1985

LJ1985

Mountainburg 23 Cotter 20
Boys at half

LJ1985

Mountainburg 41 Cotter 34
Boys final

ozarkmtnsman

The Mountainburg/Cotter game was close throughout.

Cotter finished in a distant 4th place at the end of conference play in the 1.

I like the 1's chances in the rest of the boy's games. 

LJ1985

Mountianburg 8 Cotter 7 girls
End of one

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 20, 2019, 06:45:25 pm
The Mountainburg/Cotter game was close throughout.

Cotter finished in a distant 4th place at the end of conference play in the 1.

I like the 1's chances in the rest of the boy's games. 

Think Burg finished 3rd in regular season 🤷

LJ1985

Cotter girls over Mountainburg 23-15 at half

LJ1985

LJ1985

Eureka springs 8-2 over Danville after one

LJ1985

LJ1985

RATTLER43

LJ1985

Final.  Eureka Springs 31 Danville 28

RATTLER43

Wow!   Sounds like a good game. Thank you for the updates. 

notcoachBrown

None of these teams want to match up with the North region!

YSpanther

Quote from: notcoachBrown on February 21, 2019, 12:05:52 am
None of these teams want to match up with the North region!
You come up with that all by yourself?  ;)

The North has some great teams, but I have been impressed with the 8.  And anytime you are looking at one game and go home, anything is possible. I predict the final four to probably be the North and the South with maybe WCC or someone like that from the central.  But there are a few teams in this region that can beat you powerhouses if you don't come to play every night.

Cheek

Quote from: YSpanther on February 21, 2019, 11:05:32 am
You come up with that all by yourself?  ;)

The North has some great teams, but I have been impressed with the 8.  And anytime you are looking at one game and go home, anything is possible. I predict the final four to probably be the North and the South with maybe WCC or someone like that from the central.  But there are a few teams in this region that can beat you powerhouses if you don't come to play every night.

The South is not going to sweep the Central in Boys and especially not the Girls.

LJ1985

Girls Hector 11 Flippin 6 after one

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 21, 2019, 03:29:38 pm
The South is not going to sweep the Central in Boys and especially not the Girls.

one will be lucky if the central girls don't sweep

LJ1985

LJ1985

LJ1985

Hector wins 46-31 in girls.  Play Lavaca at 4:00 Friday in semis

LJ1985

LJ1985

Made

Saw something I have never seen tonight. Kid drives the lane and stops right before he gets to a man set up to take a charge....with no contact whatsoever the guy flops. Kid who stopped now walks in for layup

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Made on February 21, 2019, 06:19:14 pm
Saw something I have never seen tonight. Kid drives the lane and stops right before he gets to a man set up to take a charge....with no contact whatsoever the guy flops. Kid who stopped now walks in for layup

😂😂😂 That's great

LJ1985

Lavaca and Yellville boys headed to Ot

LJ1985

Made

As long as the buzzer isn't finished going off you can still shoot....triple overtime

LJ1985

Lavaca hits a three at buzzer to send to triple OT

HorseFeathers

LJ1985

Yellville wins 60-59 in a heck of a ball game .  Will play Mountainburg at 5:30 Friday

LJ1985

Danville girls 16-6 over eureka after one

LJ1985

LJ1985

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 19, 2019, 01:51:45 pm
Lavaca should oust Y-S by 15.

Though this is the first regional win for Yellville in a while, they have made it to Regionals the last 4 years. With Yellville being faced with the likes of 3A powerhouses Osceola/Manilla etc..

I don't think Yellville lacked any confidence when it came time to play Lavaca.

Regardless, it was a great game, one that should have been held in the semi's or finals.

I'm sure two week ago, Lavaca never dreamed that they would be the 3 seed out of their own conference and lose in first round of Regionals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas