• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Corning open?

Started by hsindian, April 13, 2018, 09:14:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hsindian

Heard there is trouble in Corning.  Coach on paid leave because of theft charges involving a Jon boat. Not sure what is going to happen yet.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

If this is true then Corning may not have a team next year

Made

April 13, 2018, 10:18:25 am #2 Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:38:19 pm by Made
Can't believe old man didn't jump all over this

RZback

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on April 13, 2018, 09:31:25 am
If this is true then Corning may not have a team next year

Why would that keep them from having a team?  Wouldn't they just hire anew guy?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The numbers are low enough as it is, and hiring a new guy this late could cause enough to leave where they wouldn't have much of a team. It might even do the opposite and cause numbers to come up, but I doubt more would join now.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Made on April 13, 2018, 10:18:25 am
Can’t believe old man didn’t jump all over this
Just saw this. Who is the coach and where does he fish?

brock

Quote from: Oldman on April 16, 2018, 10:29:05 am
Just saw this. Who is the coach and where does he fish?

You lose a boat lol? This is just crazy.

hsindian

He was back at work Monday. Accused of cutting a lock and going down to black river and stealing someone's Jon boat. Charges had been filed so we'll see how it ends I guess.

Jay 9192

Sounds like Corning needs to give a boat stipend!

Missco

Lol, what did Corning expect. He has done bad things everywhere he has been.

sportsfreak12

Corning football program is in shambles.  The position is not open at the moment.  He was on paid leave, but they let him come back to work on Monday.  Don't know if he is going to stay or go.

hsindian

bigchief72455

Quote from: Missco on April 18, 2018, 12:07:12 pm
Lol, what did Corning expect. He has done bad things everywhere he has been.
Didn't know about that.

Rick Swines

Quote from: hsindian on April 20, 2018, 10:13:23 am
http://m.kait8.com/kait8/db_330534/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=m9VA0hoD        This should be the story.

He must really be liked for a superintendent to say his actions doesn't affect his job performance.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Rick Swines on April 20, 2018, 01:55:28 pm
He must really be liked for a superintendent to say his actions doesn't affect his job performance.
What had happened was.....

beach bum

Quote from: Rick Swines on April 20, 2018, 01:55:28 pm

Lol.... serious. This is getting epic.

bigchief72455

But hey that spread offense is going to make Corning competitive again right? RIGHT?

Missco

I knew the Sr. High prin. really really  liked him, lol. Maybe the Supt. too. Lol, best of luck.

slowntheMUD

Wonder if the state will get involved in this situation!?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: slowntheMUD on April 24, 2018, 08:25:48 pm
Wonder if the state will get involved in this situation!?
The coaching situation?

Da Truff

Would this not be an ethics violation situation?

FootballFever

It is an ethics violation, & administration should get in trouble if they don't report it to the state board of ethics!!!

brock

One would think theft would be considered an ethics violation.

RZback

Quote from: brock on April 27, 2018, 07:22:57 am
One would think theft would be considered an ethics violation.

It's probably like everything, who you are?

Da Truff

Quote from: RZback on April 27, 2018, 09:05:35 am
It's probably like everything, who you are?

regardless of "who he is", he is setting a bad example for the young men in the program.  I wouldn't want my son looking up to someone like that.

RZback

Quote from: Da Truff on April 27, 2018, 09:46:55 am
regardless of "who he is", he is setting a bad example for the young men in the program.  I wouldn't want my son looking up to someone like that.

You jump to the wrong conclusion.  I'm not defending anyone. He's back at work from what I read on here.  I think coaches should have high moral character. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RZback on April 27, 2018, 10:20:32 am
You jump to the wrong conclusion.  I'm not defending anyone. He's back at work from what I read on here.  I think coaches should have high moral character. 
Meh, I think they should win and not steal stuff. A kid's role model should be at home.

RZback

Quote from: Oldman on April 27, 2018, 10:42:02 am
Meh, I think they should win and not steal stuff. A kid's role model should be at home.

Well they have not won, and it looks like may have a problem with stealing.  You are right good role models should begin at home. 

slowntheMUD

Quote from: Oldman on April 27, 2018, 10:42:02 am

Showing your age, oldman. May kids today dont have role models at home. That's why it is important that they have the in their lives at school and in sports.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: slowntheMUD on April 29, 2018, 01:53:22 pm
Showing your age, oldman. May kids today dont have role models at home. That's why it is important that they have the in their lives at school and in sports.

And many don't have parents that actually believe that they're the reason their kids act like they do....  Thinking that's what oldman may be getting at...

beach bum

Well in that case I think it sounds like the adult in the situation(the coach)..... is the one in need of some parenting still   ;D

sportsfreak12

Well they have decided to keep this man.  They think he is the one to take the Bobcats to the promise land.  He already has them  thinking they will win district championship this year. :)

beach bum

Quote from: sportsfreak12 on May 03, 2018, 08:55:31 am
Well they have decided to keep this man.  They think he is the one to take the Bobcats to the promise land.  He already has them  thinking they will win district championship this year. :)

Living life delusional is never a good thing.... They may want to seek reality

bigchief72455

The guy could not even win conference with Cave City. Maybe he should get over that win one game hurdle first.

sportsfreak12

He was found guilty of 1 charge of theft of property.  Misdemeanor.  He will remain the head coach.

Jimbo Morphis

Maybe Corning can steal a couple of wins this year.

beach bum

Quote from: sportsfreak12 on July 05, 2018, 10:13:49 pm
He was found guilty of 1 charge of theft of property.  Misdemeanor.  He will remain the head coach.

Real classy school district there

ShortBus1

I dont think all the Coaches at that school are like that!!!  There are some of them that have some Character!!!

beach bum

Quote from: ShortBus1 on July 17, 2018, 06:39:36 pm
I dont think all the Coaches at that school are like that!!!  There are some of them that have some Character!!!

Oh I think you are right.... Sure sounds like there are some real characters over there.

Lumberjackfan1978

Looks like a long year for Corning

Jimbo Morphis

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldman on July 30, 2018, 05:43:55 am
Fishing in November.

I hear the Coach has just the right boat.

Lumberjackfan1978

Paperman

Come on guys! Keep it classy.... ::)

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on August 14, 2018, 08:01:34 pm
Come on guys! Keep it classy.... ::)

Like being lectured on morals by Trump.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas