• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball Hogs

Started by RHS, March 08, 2008, 12:01:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: razorbacks82007 on March 11, 2008, 11:23:34 pm
aybner(sp?) thrown out at home tryin to score on a ball hit to deep short... thats ridiculous..
Eibner.

That is ridiculous. We need Coon to step up here.

razorbacks82007

yea it happens tho... little stuff like that can come back to kill u tho..

rsvl_hogfan4

Full count to Coon. If he could walk it would be huge. Murphree is on deck. We could use another HR from him. :)

rsvl_hogfan4

ASU gets a 2 RBI single to go up 4-1. Hopefully we can make something happen in the last few innings, but as of right now I am impressed with how we have played. We are a couple mistakes away from having 2 or 3 runs.

Texarkana_Piggie

2-1 heading into bottom of 6th

Texarkana_Piggie

dang...down 4-1.  i'm behind and i'm goingn to sleep

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 11, 2008, 11:50:49 pm
dang...down 4-1.  i'm behind and i'm goingn to sleep
Yeah, but Murphree doubled and Tschepikow singled in the 7th. We have runners on the corners with no outs in the 7th. We each have 7 hits.

I was looking at the schedule of ASU. They have beat a few ranked teams. I already knew they beat Vandy 18-6, but they beat Oregon state 11-0 that is pretty amazing. Hawaii usually has a solid team, they beat them 3-0. The best a team has played them is either Michigan to a 8-4 game, Hawaii to 3-0, and Portland to 5-2. Those were in a tournament. They beat Michigan the first tim 15-4 though. They have outscored their opponents 138 runs to 35 so far. They have only been held to single digit runs 4 times out of 12 games.

rsvl_hogfan4

2-4 ASU up. Hogs score with runners on 1st and 2nd and only 1 out. Leake is replaced on the mound with Refferty.

AB™

Jeff the baseball Hogs suck, because Gary Ervin is a turnover waiting to happen, and the refs always blow the games.

I think every single batter on ASU has a sixth finger too, and I know that is a HUGE advantage in baseball.

rsvl_hogfan4

Leavitt gets a double scoring 1 run. 4-3 ASU with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no out. Eibner is up with Forsythe on deck. Eibner has a chance to make up for his base running.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB on March 12, 2008, 12:05:25 am
Jeff the baseball Hogs suck, because Gary Ervin is a turnover waiting to happen, and the refs always blow the games.

I think every single batter on ASU has a sixth finger too, and I know that is a HUGE advantage in baseball.
You have a point.

ASU brought in a new pitcher earlier. He threw 3 balls and gave up a 1 run double. They brought in another pitcher and gave up a 2 run single.

Hogs up 5-4. We have 9 hits to their 7. Eibner is on 2nd with 2 outs.

rsvl_hogfan4

ASU regains the lead 6-5 scoring 2 in the bottom of the 7th. Murphree is leading off the 8th. Now would be a good time for another bomb.

SouthpawSensation

It's a final ... Arizona State wins 6-5 ... Hogs had two on when the game ended with two strikeouts.

RHS

What a way to end the game. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and Coon takes 3 pitches looking, all inside, and doesn't even swing to strike out.

ASU wins 6-5, but the Hogs battled and we might have a scrappy team this year.

AB™

I honestly thought the Hogs might lose this game by 7+ runs.  ASU is ranked #1 in the nation.  If you're a Hog fan and can either win tomorrow or only lose by a few runs then I would have a better outlook on the season than some of you have lead on thus far.

RHS

If we can manage to only lose by 2-3 runs tomorrow, I'll feel pretty good moving forward. Just wish Coon would have swung at the 3rd one since the first two inside were called strikes.

B&GT

Well, we lost a run on a mistake and lost by a run.  On the bright side, I'd be surprised to see that mistake happen the rest of the season.

Coach Runyan

Quote from: RHS on March 12, 2008, 01:38:23 am
If we can manage to only lose by 2-3 runs tomorrow..

wow

rsvl_hogfan4

March 12, 2008, 10:19:25 am #68 Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:22:19 am by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: Bill Bethea on March 12, 2008, 08:09:55 am

wow
If you knew anything about Arizona State and about our Hog team you wouldn't say that. You never want to lose, but most Hog fans are being realistic about their expectations in baseball this year. Just look at my stat farther up where ASU has outscored their opponents by 100+ runs. We did something 8 other teams including a few top 15 teams weren't able to do, and that is keep them in single digit runs. We played them to their closest game all season. I think everyone but 3 teams have been beaten by double digits.

Our team has a ton of young pitching and isn't being picked very high in the SEC, but we have been playing good baseball. We actually cracked the top 25 in a few polls this week. This team has impressed me so far, but our pitching has to improve.

RHS

Quote from: Bill Bethea on March 12, 2008, 08:09:55 am

wow

Our record is inflated playing crappy team like San Diego State and Sienna. I'm not really happy with a loss, but you can't win every game. I'm encouraged by the fact that we were able to come back and take the lead yesterday even though in the end we lost.
Coming into this season we had no idea who our pitchers were going to be since we lost all 3 starters from last season. With that said, if we don't get blown out or we win, I'll be happy with our performance against the #1 team in all the land.

RHS

March 12, 2008, 10:28:53 pm #70 Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:37:28 pm by RHS
Bottom of the 3rd and it is 1-0 ASU.

4-0.

Eibner goes 2 innings, walked 4 and allowed 4 runs. He's responsible for a man at first as well. He got the hook.

bulldogs1159

Who is throwing tonight Kirk?

RHS

Eibner started out but he just got yanked.

Mike Bolsinger is now on the rubber.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RHS on March 12, 2008, 10:38:33 pm

Did Eibner throw at all yesterday?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 12, 2008, 10:40:26 pm
Quote from: RHS on March 12, 2008, 10:38:33 pm

Did Eibner throw at all yesterday?
No, he played center.

msubulldogs21

I think Arkansas will be better than a lot of yall think they will be this season.

I'm glad we made it to Omaha last year, because we're probably the worst team in the SEC this year. At least at this point I'd say we are.

Quite Frankly

Van Horn seems to do better with lesser expectations.  Not to slam his output with better hyped teams, just saying he seems to do better off the radar.

hedgehog22

Worst team in the SEC, are you freaking kidding me man?  what in the world lets see 12-2 and lost by one run at number one team in the nation, and tonight we have to save our pitching for Georgia

hedgehog22

Oh lol I see your name now MST.  LOL, I wouldnt think MST will ever be the worst team in the SEC

Quite Frankly

Quote from: hedgehog22 on March 12, 2008, 11:21:59 pm
Worst team in the SEC, are you freaking kidding me man?  what in the world lets see 12-2 and lost by one run at number one team in the nation, and tonight we have to save our pitching for Georgia

Chill dude.  He's not talking about Arkansas. 

Quite Frankly

B&GT

Eibner has been really inconsistent.  Guess we got the bad side tonight.

msubulldogs21

Quote from: hedgehog22 on March 12, 2008, 11:23:08 pmOh lol I see your name now MST.  LOL, I wouldnt think MST will ever be the worst team in the SEC

Normally I wouldn't either, but we are extremely low on pitching quality and depth, which will get you destroyed in the SEC against those killer lineups. Just a very young team all around this year. I'm not expecting much at all.

B&GT

Well, the hogs aren't dead.  4-2.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on March 12, 2008, 11:46:24 pm
Well, the hogs aren't dead.  4-2.
7-2 now. ouch. Hopefully it doesn't get worse than this and we can tack on a few more runs to make it closer and get within striking distance.

B&GT

They need to have a huge inning, it's getting to be late in the game.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on March 13, 2008, 12:03:23 am
They need to have a huge inning, it's getting to be late in the game.
I am holding out hope since we had a 4 run 7th inning last night. However, I doubt we come back in this one.

B&GT

March 13, 2008, 12:22:38 am #87 Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:08:18 am by B&GT
I kinda felt like before the game that last night was our chance.  I think we're a decent team but I don't then we're gonna get a better shot at a team as talented as ASU than we did last night.  Especially with the pitching situation.  I think we blew our chance for a win last night but we're not coming away with nothing.  We're a young team with no leaders on the mound as of yet.  I'd rather drop two to ASU by not much than beat Nobody St. 20-0 twice.  I'm talkign as if we're going to lose this game, but I guess we still have a shot.  It sure would be awesome to come back from 5 down at the #1 team in the country's house.

ASU got the hogs again, this time 7-4.  It's disappointing, but from an objective point of view, and how I didn't expect much of these guys before the season and I got into it, it's not bad.  ASU fans I've talked to have been very complimentary of our team, which is good.  When you can look good while playing #1 you're on the right track.  If Arkansas takes 2 of 3 from or sweeps Georgia, they should stay in the top 25.  But as QF pointed out, Van Horn is very good at coming out of nowhere.  See 2004.  That was a very young team like this one that took lumps early.  We'll see how it goes.  Georgia is a good team, but now we know we can hang with the best.

RHS

When I got out of my car, Hogs were leading Georgia 3-1 in the bottom of the 8th.

Quite Frankly

RHS

Quite Frankly

rsvl_hogfan4

Quite Frankly

The baseball hogs go at noon Sat?  same as basketball?

Plus NCAA track in Fay. 

The only stalk I know about is corn.

RHS

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 14, 2008, 11:07:13 pmThe only stalk I know about is corn.

Not a bean?

Fun times to be in Fayetteville.

B&GT

The hogs looked dang sharp tonight.  I was impressed, they're looking better than I expected.  Georgia is a good team, we'll be lucky to sweep, I'm glad we nabbed game one.

bulldogs1159

We looked solid in all areas of the game tonight. Nice way to start off SEC play.

AB™

Quote from: RHS on March 14, 2008, 11:12:54 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 14, 2008, 11:07:13 pmThe only stalk I know about is corn.

Not a bean?

Fun times to be in Fayetteville.

What about Jack and The...

dc24

Quote from: B&GT on March 14, 2008, 11:38:26 pm
The hogs looked dang sharp tonight.  I was impressed, they're looking better than I expected.  Georgia is a good team, we'll be lucky to sweep, I'm glad we nabbed game one.

Good way to start the conference season off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas