• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official- Arkansas Head Coach Bobby Petrino(Retro Bump)

Started by bulldogs1159, December 11, 2007, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

ESPN can allllllllllllllllllllll frick em selves.

allconfrenceuncle49

I want to thank Tuberville, Bowden, and Grogh for turning down the job.  I wonder what the team would look like if we still had mustain, williams, and cleavland

Father Guido

December 11, 2007, 07:54:02 pm #102 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:55:37 pm by Father Guido
He was my choice from the start.  Install the Spread, let people see how it SHOULD be used and get use to it. Give people a chance to get the taste of Nuts out of their mouths, then when Petrino decides to move on, Gus smoothly slides in.  (By that time, Gus should have at least a couple of years Head Coaching experience.)

NOW, I wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Wilson in a Razorback uniform.   ;)

RGP

December 11, 2007, 07:55:34 pm #103 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:58:31 pm by RunningGamePower
Quote from: Father Guido on December 11, 2007, 07:54:02 pm
He was my choice from the start.  Install the Spread, let people see how it SHOULD be used and get use to it. Give people a chance to get the taste of Nuts out of their mouths, then when Petrino decides to move on, Gus smoothly slides in.  (By that time, Gus should have at least a couple of years Head Coaching experience.)
He doesn't just run the spread. At Louisville, he loved to get in the Power I in the Fourth Quarter.

His offense is extremely fun to watch.

The philosophy: "The first thing our offense is about is utilizing our weapons," says Petrino. "We have a philosophy that we call 'FTS' -- Feed the Studs. We want to get the ball to our best players and make sure we utilize the guys who can go out and make plays."

The system: The Cardinals, more of a finesse, spread-passing team under predecessor John L. Smith (for whom Petrino was the original offensive coordinator), have evolved into an extremely balanced unit that spends about two-thirds of a game in modern, spread formations (either zero or one back and four or five receivers) and the other third running traditional, power-I football. "Basically, I believe if you're ever going to win a national championship, you have to be able to run the football in the second half," says Petrino. "We don't just run the spread. We have the ability to run the ball downhill." With an extensive array of personnel groupings, Louisville is also able to run the same play out of as many as 10 different formations, creating confusion for the defense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2005/offense.petrino/index.html

RD™

RHS

RGP, you got to it just before I did.

RD™

I think he will coach the bowl game, if not over see and call the plays and if Reggie don't like it, he can leave.

RHS

Quote from: allconfrenceuncle49 on December 11, 2007, 07:53:27 pm
I want to thank Tuberville, Bowden, and Grogh for turning down the job.  I wonder what the team would look like if we still had mustain, williams, and cleavland

We do still have Cleveland. He was injured last year, but is still on the team. Maybe the other 2 shouldn't have left so quickly?

allconfrenceuncle49

Quote from: RHS on December 11, 2007, 08:05:06 pm
Quote from: allconfrenceuncle49 on December 11, 2007, 07:53:27 pm

We do still have Cleveland. He was injured last year, but is still on the team. Maybe the other 2 shouldn't have left so quickly?

Maybe it was norman, idk.  Maybe now we have a coach who can truly recruit the state!

SavedbyGrace

Sounds to me like Petrino was getting a lot of pressure put on him and he was glad to leave.  We shall see what the future holds!

SMC

You don't install a new system and a new coach for the bowl game in less than a month. Herring will coach the bowl game. I can only imagine how pizzed you guys would be when the "JR Murray State Mafia" would be out there dogging it for Petrino. Herring and the remaining staff will have their hurrah while Petrino is out recruiting.

As for how this compares to Saban's hire, Bobby Petrino is Nick Saban Lite. Advantage Saban in that his players don't seem to hate him like Bobby's do, but advantage Bobby in that he doesn't treat the media like trash like Saban does.

About winning me over, you almost did with Jim Grobe's "almost" hire. Great coach, great guy. Bobby Petrino is a great coach too, but you couldn't hire many people with worse character. A guy who built his program at the Ville by taking guys other programs wouldn't touch due to grade risks, attitude problems, and run ins with the law. They were on their way to building another "U" in Kentucky, until he left. The guys he left also TANKED their season in which they were ranked #4 in the country to start off, and completely and totally QUIT on Steve Kragthorpe this year.

Willie Williams, 11 arrests in HS, kicked out of Miami for Christ's sakes. Ended up at Louisville.

He feuded with his players all year in Atlanta, didn't tell them he was leaving, didn't even finish the season, and resigned by TELEPHONE. Nice touch.

100 bucks says he leaves Arkansas within 3 years and does it by text messaging Jeff Long. "hey its bobby. goin to lsu. thx bye."

SavedbyGrace

Something just seems STRANGE about this whole deal.  I just think something is weird about this hire. 

THE_Preacher

For goodness sakes guys;  Get behind him and as for all the negative junk  shut it up. The old timers said it best; you guys would gripe if you were hung with a new rope.  tune in at 10:30 and watch the new era begin.

GO Hogs Go

Throwback1

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 08:25:41 pm
Something just seems STRANGE about this whole deal.  I just think something is weird about this hire. 
lol....He is gone...just let it go.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 06:03:29 pm
According to ESPN, it's gonna get done...several sources.
Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 06:16:13 pm
for those who havn'et heard exactly what was reported...

Sources: Petrino leaving NFL for Arkansas job
ESPN.com

Updated: December 11, 2007, 6:06 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Bobby Petrino will resign his position as coach of the Atlanta Falcons and is close to an agreement to become the new coach at the University of Arkansas, multiple sources tell ESPN.

Ok, called a friend in Atlanta who claims to be in the know, says it is done as far as Petrino and Atlanta, no real news I told him.  He says the Arkansas thing will happen according to his source as long as the UA allows him to bring his own people.

RD™

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 08:25:41 pm
Yah, we hired a proven winner this time instead a proven weiner.

SMC

Just curious, but I remember most of you guys on this board slamming L'ville and WVU the last few years for playing in the "weak Big East" and discrediting their rankings all the time due to soft schedule.

Now Petrino didn't win anything in Atlanta, so what makes him such a "proven winner," unless you are willing to say winning in the Big East wasn't so bad after all?

Iknewthemwhen

OK, Ok, lets leave the past in the past if we really want to get a guy like Petrino.  Maybe he is the guy that can bridge the divide.

dcreek

Was told by a reliable source that Muschamp could make Reggie Harring blush. Likes to drop the F-bomb every other word.

SavedbyGrace

I wish Arkansas the best, but I just don't feel comfortable with this hire.  A 10 second goodbye to your fellow players.  He just might give us a 10 second goodbye also.  I just don't trust this.

SandLizard04

Quote from: dcreek on December 11, 2007, 08:44:01 pm
Was told by a reliable source that Muschamp could make Reggie Harring blush. Likes to drop the F-bomb every other word.
Well, he called the Razorbackers motherf*ckers twice on national TV, so that's not surprising.

memphisguy

I think it was a good hire. Maybe he realize he wasn't a pro coach and will stay for a long time here at Arkansas.

Iknewthemwhen

The Atlanta thing was a mess from the beginning, Vick?

Throwback1

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 08:47:12 pm
I wish Arkansas the best, but I just don't feel comfortable with this hire.  A 10 second goodbye to your fellow players.  He just might give us a 10 second goodbye also.  I just don't trust this.
lol...of course you don't....try this...

www.mapquest/olemiss/ilovedale/search

Throwback1

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 08:53:07 pm
Well if this new coaching staff is good at slinging f*** bombs, then they will fit in real well at the University!!!!  Maybe the Hatfield haters and new staff will become great friends.
enjoy ole miss..BYE

SavedbyGrace

I am  Hatfield fan, sorry to hurt your feelings throwback.

Throwback1

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 08:58:53 pm
I am  Hatfield fan, sorry to hurt your feelings throwback.
You want me to go back and find all your hugger posts?   And,now that the Razorback nation has come together you want to whine about the new coach..surprise...now shut the heck up, fake fan.

unbelievable

Yery true about Muschamp. You can catch some of this on you tube.  The Ark-Aub game is on there, with him talking about that f ing Dick can't pass, etc.

Maybe Petro HAD to take chances on some of the athletes he took at Lville to build his program there. I do not believe that will be case here. He can recruit athletes with character and finish building the program that Nutt left us with. The cupboard is not empty on the hill.

Let's all gather, get behind Petro,unite together and get ready to kick some butt not only in the SEC but nation-wide!!!!!

SavedbyGrace

I am a Malzahn fan also, but you have my permission to post whatver you wish.

Throwback1

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 09:01:54 pm
I am a Malzahn fan also, but you have my permission to post whatver you wish.
Your negativity is worth nothing, fake fan...please go away.

WBF †

Proud to see the Hogs make a big-name hire this time. Hopefully it'll remain true, and hopefully he'll stay here longer than one day.

SMC

Now someone is a fake fan for not supporting the coach. Man, this board was full of fake fans about a month ago then.

Throwback1

Quote from: SMC on December 11, 2007, 09:09:23 pm
Now someone is a fake fan for not supporting the coach. Man, this board was full of fake fans about a month ago then.
and he was one who was saying no real fan could be a fan without supporting dale..so who's the hypocrites?  and by fake fan I mean a fan who loved dale more than the Hogs...don't need 'em.

TurkeyHunter

This hire is the best thing that could of happend to Arkansas. I am Freakin exicted,  and you %$*# huggers be gone with yourselfs take your negativity somewhere else.

RGP

Has anyone been watching ESPN News through all of this??

WBF †

Quote from: BLOCKMEIFUCAN on December 11, 2007, 09:13:46 pm
This hire is the best thing that could of happend to Arkansas. I am Freakin exicted,  and you %$*# huggers be gone with yourselfs take your negativity somewhere else.
Nutt huggers aren't always negative.

Throwback1

Quote from: WBF † on December 11, 2007, 09:14:26 pm
%$*# huggers aren't always negative.
go read every post he's posted in this thread

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: unbelievable on December 11, 2007, 09:00:59 pm
Yery true about Muschamp. You can catch some of this on you tube.  The Ark-Aub game is on there, with him talking about that f ing Mr. C can't pass, etc.

Maybe Petro HAD to take chances on some of the athletes he took at Lville to build his program there. I do not believe that will be case here. He can recruit athletes with character and finish building the program that %$*# left us with. The cupboard is not empty on the hill.

Let's all gather, get behind Petro,unite together and get ready to kick some butt not only in the SEC but nation-wide!!!!!

I must have missed something here.

RGP

WBF †

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 09:15:18 pm
That's him, not every hugger. Stereotyping doesn't get anyone anywhere.

SavedbyGrace

Throwback, I am SBG so if you quote me, make sure you actually quote what I say.  If not, this is slander.

R. A.™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:20:52 pm
Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 06:16:55 pm
Houston %$*#'s rear just puckered up to 1/4 its orginal size
"Crap they got someone ten times better than me, but I still love that helmet"

And the Arkansas money!!!! :)

Throwback1

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on December 11, 2007, 09:17:12 pm
Throwback, I am SBG so if you quote me, make sure you actually quote what I say.  If not, this is slander.
ROFLMAO

AllSmiles

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:02:46 pm
Its on right now

And John Clayton is a heck of a source.

Let the church say "Amen".

Throwback1

Quote from: WBF † on December 11, 2007, 09:16:09 pm
I didn't say every hugger.;

WBF †

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 09:56:15 pm
"you huggers" is pretty close...

Throwback1

Quote from: WBF † on December 11, 2007, 09:57:20 pm
except it wasn't me who posted that....

WBF †

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 10:00:09 pm
lol sorry man

Throwback1

Quote from: WBF † on December 11, 2007, 10:01:22 pm
Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 10:00:09 pm
lol sorry man
np

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas